Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining (1243 Views)

Nigerian Problems And Immediate Solution By Oluwaseyi Idowu / BMO To PDP: Stop Whining, Count Your State Election Blessings / PDP To Buhari, APC: Stop Whining, Accept People’s Will (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by properties4sale: 11:17pm On Aug 30, 2020
Just so you know, I'm a Nigerian born and bred, but I live abroad.

So the reason for my rant today is just to alert us and bring into our consciousness the problem with Nigeria is being Nigerian, Nigerians are the problem with Nigeria and that's why we can never get it right, and can never make any meaningful progression as a people.

The fundamental wrong ingrained into the genome of an average Nigerian is greed, selfishness and mindlessness. An average Nigerian is so mindless of what he is doing as long as it produces cash for him that is the final goal, other consequences are inconsequential.

Everybody in Nigeria is out for swindling the next man and ripping off him, that's the only primary motive.
*The police is out for swindling the masses,
* The masses are out for swindling themselves, even a mango seller will quickly trick you into giving her more if you don't know "ground"
*Girls now use their natural gift of womanhood to fleece boys of cash under the guise of relationship.
*Everybody wants to defraud the next person so they can live large.

You can NEVER have a cluster of people with such vile mindset and expect anything good to come out of them NEVER.

We are too quick to blame the government, but I want to tell y'all, actually this is a Nigerian spirit, because even Nigerians outside the shores of Nigeria all imbue this same character. In the UK where is reside, it's still the same problem with Nigerians, all of them are out for defrauding people, swindling them to build big houses in the village. Same terrible attitude, is it also Buhari that rules UK? Despite the opportunities here, Nugerians still being Nigerians.

It's terrible. Being Nigerian is a big problem, the amount of vile and very faulty morals that nation ingrained in it's citizens is terrible, ironically the same people are so religious; talk about cretins, there's no better description.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by Eriokanmi: 11:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
We don hear...and what solution do you have for us pls?

1 Like

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by Golan007: 11:46pm On Aug 30, 2020
They would never accept.

The problem is always the leaders. As If leaders are from another country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by GamalNasser: 11:55pm On Aug 30, 2020
You are right but Buhari is also a special problem on his own
Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by properties4sale: 11:56pm On Aug 30, 2020
Golan007:
They would never accept.

The problem is always the leaders. As If leaders are from another country.
well said.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by properties4sale: 11:59pm On Aug 30, 2020
Lalasticlala please share the message, let's get it right, front page isn't all about snakes and BBN

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by properties4sale: 12:05am On Aug 31, 2020
It's so bad, the Nigerian barber that cuts my hair was telling me how some friends he made, particularly one that happens to be a UK policeman stopped relating with him, because he is Nigerian, despite them having a cordial relationship before. The police man told him that ALL NIGERIANS are criminals that he no longer trust him. My barber asked him if he had defrauded him before, the man replied him that doesn't change the narrative.. it is so bad, like really very bad, because of what our compatriots do here other genuine ones miss so much chances, it's very unfair and being callous, inconsiderate of how your ill dealings affect other genuine ones. Very bad, even in Dubai similar Narrative.
Why are Nigerians like this? Is it still Nigerian leaders that are ruling those countries? Even with the opportunities that abound there, being dubious to make fast cash and build big houses in Village is just the sole aim.

Really really sad. Really sad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by WhizdomXX(m): 12:07am On Aug 31, 2020
It's saddening, the youths especially. Hopefully one day we'll get it right as a nation

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 31, 2020
And the hate is just too much.... Whether the governmemt officials corruption, tribalism.... Whether what u hate is good or bad, hatred corrupts the mind, poisons the heart frm seeing or doing good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by budaatum: 12:33am On Aug 31, 2020
It would be great if we could learn to be responsible instead of blaming everyone else but ourselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 31, 2020
And the mindsets is very bad.... U see it in our prayers for money, car, wealth.... I dont think any nigerian or african pray like regularly or daily prayers like
God help me to invent smtin new
Hep me create new technology
Or hep me lift on how to lift sm poor pple out of poverty

Once our prayers is for God to hep us hep pple than just us getting a job or money, one tin dis wil do is change our perpective and attitude, we wil hate less, be frustrated less and think more clearly and better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by properties4sale: 2:15am On Aug 31, 2020
seun , please spread the message

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by helinues: 4:58am On Aug 31, 2020
cool

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by omenka(m): 7:07am On Aug 31, 2020
properties4sale:
Lalasticlala please share the message, let's get it right, front page isn't all about snakes and BBN
Yesterday I went to buy a couple of buckets of oranges. I was shell shocked what I discovered. The seller stacked the oranges inside the bucket on one another in such a manner what you have under the oranges visible on top of the pile is just empty space!!

I was so disappointed. The desperation to get ahead in every crooked way possible is just terrible.

2 Likes

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by EagleNest(m): 7:37am On Aug 31, 2020
As you make your bed so will you lie on it.

What moral value or legacy do we hold as a nation? zero! The same generation that brought Nigeria to its knees are still in power doing more damage. If you have zero values or legacy to pass on to next generation then what do u expect of them?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not giving excuses but I don't agree with line of argument that leaders should be absolved. Our hope for economic emancipation and security in Nigeria has been destroyed and it comes with consequences(the bad image of today's Nigeria). If those brains used to commit fraud and all sorts of evils daily were Channelled to sth useful then we won't have such a sorry state. It will get worst if we refuse to thinker with status quo!

1 Like

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 31, 2020
properties4sale:
Just so you know, I'm a Nigerian born and bred, but I live abroad.

So the reason for my rant today is just to alert us and bring into our consciousness the problem with Nigeria is being Nigerian, Nigerians are the problem with Nigeria and that's why we can never get it right, and can never make any meaningful progression as a people.

The fundamental wrong ingrained into the genome of an average Nigerian is greed, selfishness and mindlessness. An average Nigerian is so mindless of what he is doing as long as it produces cash for him that is the final goal, other consequences are inconsequential.

Everybody in Nigeria is out for swindling the next man and ripping off him, that's the only primary motive.
*The police is out for swindling the masses,
* The masses are out for swindling themselves, even a mango seller will quickly trick you into giving her more if you don't know "ground"
*Girls now use their natural gift of womanhood to fleece boys of cash under the guise of relationship.
*Everybody wants to defraud the next person so they can live large.

You can NEVER have a cluster of people with such vile mindset and expect anything good to come out of them NEVER.

We are too quick to blame the government, but I want to tell y'all, actually this is a Nigerian spirit, because even Nigerians outside the shores of Nigeria all imbue this same character. In the UK where is reside, it's still the same problem with Nigerians, all of them are out for defrauding people, swindling them to build big houses in the village. Same terrible attitude, is it also Buhari that rules UK? Despite the opportunities here, Nugerians still being Nigerians.

It's terrible. Being Nigerian is a big problem, the amount of vile and very faulty morals that nation ingrained in it's citizens is terrible, ironically the same people are so religious; talk about cretins, there's no better description.
you really have no idea what's the cause of Nigeria's problem

it's simply two things lack of merit and lack of petrotic citizens ....the first one lead to the second

how should I work for Nigeria and not loot when someone less qualified than me is heading me , when I can reach my full potential because of where I'm coming from

truth is we are not Nigerians , we are fulanis , hausas , igbos, yorubas and our different tribes

untill we accept and work inline with this we can't grow

what you are talking about is the fruit of the problem and not the real problem

2 Likes

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by IamWonderful: 8:01am On Aug 31, 2020
We are the cause of our own problem, patriotism is myth in this country, doesn't exist anywhere, we are out to get things at the detriment of others, no matter whatever it may cause another person we don't care as long as we get it, we have destroyed by greed and selfishness, ask a jss 1 or even pry 4,5 or 6 what he want to become in future, he will say president or governor because of obvious reasons
Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by properties4sale: 8:06am On Aug 31, 2020
EagleNest:
As you make your bed so will you lie on it.

What moral value or legacy do we hold as a nation? zero! The same generation that brought Nigeria to its knees are still in power doing more damage. If you have zero values or legacy to pass on to next generation then what do u expect of them?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not giving excuses but I don't agree with line of argument that leaders should be absolved. Our hope for economic emancipation and security in Nigeria has been destroyed and it comes with consequences(the bad image of today's Nigeria). If those brains used to commit fraud and all sorts of evils daily were Channelled to sth useful then we won't have such a sorry state. It will get worst if we refuse to thinker with status quo!
Nobody is absolving the leaders of any blame brother, the point is the leaders and people are cut from same fabric, they are same people, so what do u expect to be different? Do we get a British to rule us? It is still Nigerians that will rule us.

BTW, you really have to correct a very false impression "Brain is needed to do fraud" please you should stop that silly talk, it's just like saying you need brain to go and rob somewhere. If it really needed brain, it wouldn't be as attractive as it is, with how intellectually docile we could be.

1 Like

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by ggirl4real: 8:30am On Aug 31, 2020
OP, please loud it.

Nigerians desire a society that looks like US but their actions and inactions says otherwise.

If we are plagued with bad leadership, can't we become good and law-abiding citizens?

We use the leaders as an excuse to be corrupt in our own little ways.

I still maintain that a bad follower cannot become a good leader.

1 Like

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by properties4sale: 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
ggirl4real:
OP, please loud it.

Nigerians desire a society that looks like US but their actions and inactions says otherwise.

If we are plagued with bad leadership, can't we become good and law-abiding citizens?

We use the leaders as an excuse to be corrupt in our own little ways.

I still maintain that a bad follower cannot become a good leader.
well said, absolutely.
Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by EagleNest(m): 9:27pm On Aug 31, 2020
properties4sale:

Nobody is absolving the leaders of any blame brother, the point is the leaders and people are cut from same fabric, they are same people, so what do u expect to be different? Do we get a British to rule us? It is still Nigerians that will rule us.

BTW, you really have to correct a very false impression "Brain is needed to do fraud" please you should stop that silly talk, it's just like saying you need brain to go and rob somewhere. If it really needed brain, it wouldn't be as attractive as it is, with how intellectually docile we could be.

I beg your pardon on 2nd paragraph, what do you mean by the word 'silly talk'. What do you know about 'fraud'? Is it fools that plans and execute fraud in your mind? If you don't agree about sth, go ahead and disagree but don't brand it silly talk. If it is not attractive, then why complain about our image?
Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:57am On Sep 01, 2020
WORD!!!

shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by izombie(m): 6:37am On Sep 01, 2020
As someone who lives abroad and does legit stuff I can't tell you enough how difficult it has been for foreigners you deal with to trust that you won't defraud them. Immediately they realise you are nigerian you immediately see the distrust and fear in their dealings with you. I spent a lot of times trying to convince them that not all Nigerians are bad and they'll say yes not all are bad but how can they tell. Here now, Nigerians have made everything more difficult. When you want to apply for permits or renew your existing permit it's more difficult for Nigerians than other nationals because a lot of Nigerians submit fake documents. It's frustrating.

1 Like

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by izombie(m): 6:41am On Sep 01, 2020
properties4sale:

you don't get it. It's not about If brain is needed to do fraud but why channel such brain to defrauding people? Why don't they use the so called brain to do one of the thousands of online works that abound?
Fraud is fraud, whether with brain or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by jalaludeen1(m): 7:37am On Sep 01, 2020
Lack of patriotism and selfishness has eaten deep
Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by properties4sale: 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2020
izombie:
As someone who lives abroad and does legit stuff I can't tell you enough how difficult it has been for foreigners you deal with to trust that you won't defraud them. Immediately they realise you are nigerian you immediately see the distrust and fear in their dealings with you. I spent a lot of times trying to convince them that not all Nigerians are bad and they'll say yes not all are bad but how can they tell. Here now, Nigerians have made everything more difficult. When you want to apply for permits or renew your existing permit it's more difficult for Nigerians than other nationals because a lot of Nigerians submit fake documents. It's frustrating.

Exactly what I'm lamenting about, so who do they blame for that? Is it also Buhari that rules that nation? Very pathetic.

Lalasticlala and sun, please share the word.
Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by orisa37: 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2020
You are right but Buhari is also a special problem on his own . You are the rightest. Buhari is all the Problems that we have in NIGERIA. He received INSTRUCTIONS from OBAMA to apply RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY POLICY FOR NIGERIA AND HE IS APPLYING IT WITHOUT MERCY ON HIS FELLOW NIGERIANS. HE DOESN'T EVEN CARE TO KNOW THAT HE DOESN'T OWN NIGERIA MORE THAN YOU AND I.
Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by orisa37: 2:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
properties4sale:

well said.

JONATHAN IS GOOD. THE IGBOS PRESSURIZED HIM WITH GREED AND THEIR SELFISHNESS. OBAMA AND BUHARI INTIMIDATED HIM WITH OVERBEARING WICKEDNESS TO THROW HIM OUT OF GOVERNANCE
Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by orisa37: 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2020
properties4sale:

OBASANJO IS GOOD MILITARILY OR OTHERWISE. HE SERVED HIS TERMS WITH THE 1999 DRACONIAN CONSTITUTION BECAUSE HE IS A SOLDIER AND A GENTLEMAN.
Re: You Are The Cause Of The Nigerian Problems, Stop Whining by orisa37: 2:26pm On Sep 01, 2020
properties4sale:
It's so bad, the Nigerian barber that cuts my hair was telling me how some friends he made, particularly one that happens to be a UK policeman stopped relating with him, because he is Nigerian, despite them having a cordial relationship before. The police man told him that ALL NIGERIANS are criminals that he no longer trust him. My barber asked him if he had defrauded him before, the man replied him that doesn't change the narrative.. it is so bad, like really very bad, because of what our compatriots do here other genuine ones miss so much chances, it's very unfair and being callous, inconsiderate of how your ill dealings affect other genuine ones. Very bad, even in Dubai similar Narrative.
Why are Nigerians like this? Is it still Nigerian leaders that are ruling those countries? Even with the opportunities that abound there, being dubious to make fast cash and build big houses in Village is just the sole aim.

Really really sad. Really sad.

Put NIGERIA on SALE.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar, Orji Uzor Kalu And Bola Tinubu, Which Is Better? / Is This Racist? / Gunmen Bomb Police Headquarters In Imo, Free Detainees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.