Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Is This Racist? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This Racist? (1239 Views)

Why It Is A Racist LIE That No Black Nations Are Developed. / In The Spirit Of Wokeness, Afonja Woman Attacks Coco Pops For Being Racist! / Nnamdi Kanu Taking Selfie With A Racist (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Racist? by Hintona(f): 10:17pm On Jun 01, 2021
I posted this on an ARCHAEOLOGY group on Facebook, and almost all the WHITE MEN (mostly Americans) in the group attacked me and called me racist and Afrocentric. They turned it into a white/black issue when clearly that's not even what the picture implies.

Seriously I don't even know how African Americans cope in the US everything is about race.

Re: Is This Racist? by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:18pm On Jun 01, 2021
Are Egyptians black?
Re: Is This Racist? by Hintona(f): 10:25pm On Jun 01, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:
Are Egyptians black?

I honestly don't know or care, all I know is that they were once a great civilization and had an interesting and complex society. Black/white people should argue all they want I don't care.

Infact that's all they do in that group; argue about the race of Egyptians.
Re: Is This Racist? by Hintona(f): 10:26pm On Jun 01, 2021
More:

Re: Is This Racist? by IjapaTiroko: 10:34pm On Jun 01, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:
Are Egyptians black?
Yes and No.

The Sudan of today was formerly Southern Egypt and they weren't as mixed race as their northerners.

I think the modern Egyptian map & boundary was created last century.

Asides this, there are sphinx & busts of black Pharaohs of Egypt
Re: Is This Racist? by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:58pm On Jun 01, 2021
IjapaTiroko:

Yes and No.

The Sudan of today was formerly Southern Egypt and they weren't as mixed race as their northerners.

I think the modern Egyptian map & boundary was created last century.

Asides this, there are sphinx & busts of black Pharaohs of Egypt
So what race are Egyptians

1 Like

Re: Is This Racist? by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:59pm On Jun 01, 2021
Hintona:

I honestly don't know or care, all I know is that they were once a great civilization and had an interesting and complex society. Black/white people should argue all they want I don't care.

But you should also accept the post is racist
Re: Is This Racist? by Arda1000(m): 12:06am On Jun 02, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

So what race are Egyptians
Egyptians are African for 4uck sake being an African is not about colour but of geographical location
Re: Is This Racist? by Hintona(f): 1:16am On Jun 02, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

But you should also accept the post is racist

How is it racist? Because the Caucasians say so?
Re: Is This Racist? by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:01am On Jun 02, 2021
Arda1000:
Egyptians are African for 4uck sake being an African is not about colour but of geographical location
Yet, I asked for their race not geographical location
Re: Is This Racist? by Arda1000(m): 10:08am On Jun 02, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Yet, I asked for their race not geographical location
they are African
Re: Is This Racist? by RisenJoe(m): 10:10am On Jun 02, 2021
It wasn't racist, put yourself in their shoes and you would see how you bruised their ego....

One guy even said that the great wall of china could be seen from the space!!!!!!!!! Pathetic
Hintona:

Re: Is This Racist? by gidgiddy: 10:15am On Jun 02, 2021
Hintona:
I posted this on an ARCHAEOLOGY group on Facebook, and almost all the WHITE MEN (mostly Americans) in the group attacked me and called me racist and Afrocentric. They turned it into a white/black issue when clearly that's not even what the picture implies.

Seriously I don't even know how African Americans cope in the US everything is about race.

It had racist undertone. Had the word 'white' been replaced by black and the pyramids were replaced by New York Skyscrapers, you would thought it was racist too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Racist? by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:23am On Jun 02, 2021
Arda1000:
they are African
African I not a race. We have Arabs and blacks in Africa
Re: Is This Racist? by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:24am On Jun 02, 2021
gidgiddy:

It had racist undertone. Had the word 'white' replaced black and the pyramids were replaced by New York Skyscrapers, you would thought it was racist too

Thank you. Someone who understands.
Re: Is This Racist? by Arda1000(m): 10:29am On Jun 02, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

African I not a race. We have Arabs and blacks in Africa
don't be silly, Africa simply means land of moors(black in Latin), the term Arab simply means lands of semetic speaking tribes
Re: Is This Racist? by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:34am On Jun 02, 2021
Arda1000:
don't be silly, Africa simply means land of moors(black in Latin), the term Arab simply means lands of semetic speaking tribes
Africa is a geographic space not a race. You keep proving that. The black race used to be classified as negroid. Rest
Re: Is This Racist? by Arda1000(m): 11:33am On Jun 02, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Africa is a geographic space not a race. You keep proving that. The black race used to be classified as negroid. Rest
do you know who are moors? It's the berbers who live in the land of Morocco(the Spanish referred to them as black even before they met real blacks,Berbers in North Africa are were the first people to be called moor(black) even before the European reached Sudan(another name for blacks) see Africa itself doesn't mean west African black or Sudanese black it means the land of moors(blacks) the same meaning with Morocco (the land of moors(black) now tell me how dark Moroccans are? See am too busy to educate you just do some research yourself,being black is different as Negroid,am black but am not Negroid because Negroid is simply a body feature not of body color,the first picture is a Berber and the other is a Bantu they are both Africans (but different features,the Berber has a semetic feature while the latter has a Negroid feature

Re: Is This Racist? by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:01pm On Jun 02, 2021
Arda1000:
do you know who are moors? It's the berbers who live in the land of Morocco(the Spanish referred to them as black even before they met real blacks,Berbers in North Africa are were the first people to be called moor(black) even before the European reached Sudan(another name for blacks) see Africa itself doesn't mean west African black or Sudanese black it means the land of moors(blacks) the same meaning with Morocco (the land of moors(black) now tell me how dark Moroccans are? See am too busy to educate you just do some research yourself,being black is different as Negroid,am black but am not Negroid because Negroid is simply a body feature not of body color,the first picture is a Berber and the other is a Bantu they are both Africans (but different features,the Berber has a semetic feature while the latter has a Negroid feature

Negroid (less commonly called Congoid) is an outdated historical grouping of various people indigenous to Africa south of the area which stretched from the southern Sahara desert in the west to the African Great Lakes in the southeast, but also to isolated parts of South and Southeast Asia (Negritos).

An Arab can be defined as a member of a Semitic people, inhabiting much of the Middle East and North Africa. The ties that bind Arabs are ethnic, linguistic, cultural, historical, nationalist, geographical, political, often also relating to religion and to cultural identity

Source: Wikipedia.
Re: Is This Racist? by Hintona(f): 4:01pm On Jun 02, 2021
gidgiddy:

It had racist undertone. Had the word 'white' been replaced by black and the pyramids were replaced by New York Skyscrapers, you would thought it was racist too
But it's okay for them to say the pyramids were built by aliens? Isn't that racist even Elon Musk has alluded that the pyramids had to be built by aliens, so people are saying just because it wasn't built by white people doesn't mean it was built by aliens. No one has ever said the magnificent New York sky scrapers were done by aliens.

astronomer and science fiction writer Garrett P. Serviss penned a quasi-sequel titled Edison’s Conquest of Mars in 1898. Serviss posited that “giants of Mars” had moved large blocks and built the Great Pyramid. He even noted that the Sphinx had Martian features.
And this astronomer here wasn't the only one to propagate this theory, there are many others.

It all boils down to modern man underestimating the intelligence of ancient man.

1 Like

Re: Is This Racist? by Arda1000(m): 5:31pm On Jun 03, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Source: Wikipedia.
Arab isn't an Ethnic identity( Arab is more of language cluster groups), history shows the original Arabs are from Yemen now this how an average Yemenian looks like,you have to expand more than some few online scripts if you want to have more knowledge on this particular matter,the evolution of mankind is simply to vast to stay one place and understand thanks

Re: Is This Racist? by shiffynaani(m): 6:11pm On Jun 03, 2021
Hintona:

then why did you post it? With what motive?
Re: Is This Racist? by jude79(m): 7:13pm On Jun 03, 2021
Hintona:

How is it racist? Because the Caucasians say so?

No, because the word white is sensitive as the word black, say what you have to say diplomatically, considering other people sensitivities.

Eg, Africans did it not aliens, the world should take note.
Re: Is This Racist? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:31am On Jun 04, 2021
Arda1000:
Arab isn't an Ethnic identity( Arab is more of language cluster groups), history shows the original Arabs are from Yemen now this how an average Yemenian looks like,you have to expand more than some few online scripts if you want to have more knowledge on this particular matter,the evolution of mankind is simply to vast to stay one place and understand thanks

Oga you've been saying a lot of wrong things. First of all, moors doesn't mean black. It stands for Muslim. Africa does not mean black either.
Arab is a race and a language. I don't know what you're saying by cluster of language groups.
Africa is a geographical space where you have negroids and Arabs. Africa is not a race. The name was given by Romans and they didn't use it to refer to skin colour but rather the areas of North Africa which they colonised then.
Re: Is This Racist? by Arda1000(m): 8:09am On Jun 04, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Oga you've been saying a lot of wrong things. First of all, moors doesn't mean black. It stands for Muslim. Africa does not mean black either.
Arab is a race and a language. I don't know what you're saying by cluster of language groups.
Africa is a geographical space where you have negroids and Arabs. Africa is not a race. The name was given by Romans and they didn't use it to refer to skin colour but rather the areas of North Africa which they colonised then.
Arabs are Semitic speaking groups scattered all the middle East to North Africa,(yes they are a hand full of full blooded Arabs tribes in North Africa to East Africa)now North Africa isn't Arab genetically,they were Arabized(Religiously and culturally) but that doesn't make them Arabs genetically,the so called Arabs are actually Berbers are genetically related to groups like Bejas etc who don't have a genetic cluster to Arabs please go and search well I hate wasting my time saying the same thing over and over, Africa is very diverse,when you use the term Negroid are using to describe the body and facial features of Bantus of Africa or what? Because not everyone that is black is Negroid
The term moor is simply black or black Muslims,used to by the Europeans to describe Africans prior to the use of the word Negro, remember they used the term for people from Mali, Morocco that is anything Africa and it was a respectable term then, please stop making wallowing in the same Ignorance the European did,that am black doesn't make me an African and that am Black doesn't make me a Negro,we are so diverse genetically, facially and other wise,Incase you don't understand what I mean take a clue of some of the African looks in the pictures I uploaded,infact my studies is based on such thing, infact you should visit Egypt, visit the two regions and see how facially diverse a country yet genetically they are the same,this is the last time am going to reply your mention thanks

Re: Is This Racist? by orisa37: 8:48am On Jun 04, 2021
THE WHITES ARE ALWAYS NERVOUS WITH A NATURALLY CONFIDENT BLACK.

1 Like

Re: Is This Racist? by lowkeybahdguy(m): 12:00am On Jun 10, 2021
Hintona:

You touched a sensitive nerve. You'll have to be a bimbo not to realize that while you did not have racist intentions, your post nonetheless was aimed at a specific race; which may easily be (mis)interpreted to be racist.

Addressing the post itself, there is no denying the mindset of white superiority and black inferiority projected by western media (deep-rooted bias from the slave legacies) and widely acknowledged in contemporary circles. Thus, taking the shine away from supposed 'white' civilization which has strutted about like the peacock on the strength of their 'inventions' over decades, touched sensitive nerves. Basic human instinct in responding to perceived threats or dangers to their continued well-being (ego), is to lash out. This was the result your 'white' audience exhibited.

(1) (Reply)

United Kingdom of the Gulf (SW,SS,NC) / AA Versus BAT: South South And South East Belong To PDP / Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Meets Abdulminin Jibrin (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.