Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:35 AM

Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek (20829 Views)

Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax / Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price / Sancho & Man United 'Agree Terms On A 5-Year Contract Worth £340,000 Per Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by KakiP(m): 8:53am On Aug 31, 2020
Will be a good fit.
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by jayworld15(m): 8:57am On Aug 31, 2020
Messi is next; then CR7 and Neymar. They have all previously shown their desire to play with the GOAT (Lingardinho). Now is the time for their dream to come true. GGMU

6 Likes

Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by etibaba(m): 8:57am On Aug 31, 2020
lichocho:
bro who de play dm for Ajax during d Frankie set?
You already have the name there, Frankie is a defensive midfielder, that's his major position just because he can slot in as a CM doesn't change the fact that his best position is as a DM.

The first Image was the Ajax line up against Madrid while the second was against Juventus.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by bentwood85(m): 9:02am On Aug 31, 2020
flyingpig:
as in ehn I confuse pass u. Na that Greenwood position them need new player for pass. Money dey for add, sale other players launch jadon sancho bid

What about Rashford position?.
Rashford's contribution from the left flank has been so poor when you compare him with players like perisic or sterling.
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by CivilzedTyger(m): 9:03am On Aug 31, 2020
Roon9:
If they had added only £640m pounds they'd have gotten Messi. grin
This guy, you're high walahi. which one is only £640m? Some country budget cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by toprealman: 9:05am On Aug 31, 2020
The only football news is that Barcelona are considering signing CR7 and Nyemar.
Real closing in on Mbappe
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by joliecouer: 9:12am On Aug 31, 2020
ThiagoKid:
Dem go still chop am for Chelsea hand grin....
Which Chelsea? You mean the one united Flogged three times last season. Talk another thing

3 Likes

Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by flyingpig: 9:14am On Aug 31, 2020
bentwood85:

What about Rashford position?.
Rashford's contribution from the left flank has been so poor when you compare him with players like perisic or sterling.
after the lockdown that's when his contribution slumped. I hope he fixes it. If he doesn't fix it and continues on that path am sure they will shift martial to that wing and start ighalo, or play Greenwood on that wing and play sancho in Greenwood wing. Am sure u saw the fantastic cross Greenwood gave bruno from that rashford wing that led to a fantastic goal against Bournemouth during post lock down in a counter attack. Let rashford keep doing himself. If man utd gets sancho more pressure will be on him cos there will be more players on bench ready to take his position at that time. His only luck is if United don't sign sancho again, which i doubt cos am confident they will. That position is their major concern not even extra midfielder like donny. Donny is just squad addition not priority. So my summary United will still get sancho then rashford will be serious less he'll lose his starting rights.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by OYENIYIJK: 9:15am On Aug 31, 2020
flyingpig:
na bench Bro. How can u play bruno, pogba, and donny in one line-up, who is the defensive midfielder there?? Where is the matic or where is the fred. U want play without defensive midfielder they go score u tire.

So city wey sign mahrez keep for bench na fool? Abi sane no dey stay bench? Gundogan no dey stay bench? Otamendi no dey stay bench? Go Madrid bale no dey stay bench? The strength of a player is when u look at their assets sitting in the bench. Pple who can come in as substitution and change match when team needs a win. That's how to know a good team. Not when all ur useful players are on the first team then when u need a hand of help no one to call from.the bench. Ole understands this is what hurt him all those times he needed squad rotation after lock down when players got tired but no quality player to rotate and rest bruno in bench. Reason am all good teams have quality players in bench

May The Oil In Your Cup Of Wisdom Never Run Dries... Good Morning Sir

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by fergie001: 9:17am On Aug 31, 2020
United is doing well. This is good business from one of the world's biggest brand. They are doing well as Van Beek is an excellent footballer that immediately slots into Fred's position, not just as a support pivot for Fernandes but oils the machinery of a static midfield.

Kudos to them but as for we Bavarians #WeMove
grin grin

ghettokid1 emeijeh powerfulguy vickyrotex angelfrost fuckingmallam45 ebukahades10 paulolee
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by Farki: 9:20am On Aug 31, 2020
flyingpig:
he's just an average player. A utility player too. Can play him central midfield and central attacking midfield. A squad player. Fit for the bench until Bruno gets tired or suspended or injured then u replace him with bruno. Or u can start him in cup games like FA and Capital 1 Cup, then rest Bruno so he keeps fresh for EPL games and Champs league only

Their main target is RWF and I reckon they'll still go back with 120m in hand for sancho this summer

We need average but consistent players like Carrick, Park, Kagawa who carried Ferguson's squad to many trophies and finals.
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by RealEzee(m): 9:25am On Aug 31, 2020
careytommy37:

You know say Nigerians no too get foresight.
y d generalization naa, na so e b?
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by flyingpig: 9:26am On Aug 31, 2020
Farki:

We need average but consistent players like Carrick, Park, Kagawa who carried Ferguson's squad to many trophies and finals.
yep. I agree. But i no go get enthusiasm to watch man u match next season if sancho no come even if na towards end of transfer window.
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by Vickmanny22: 9:26am On Aug 31, 2020
flyingpig:
u get mind oo. Van de beek to play Defensive midfielder ? Bros u get mind I talk an again. Wetting concern donny with defensive midfield that matic plays. A position that requires rich experience and siddon position. Donny pushes forward. He's more of a central midfield and central attacking midfielder. Mctominay position or bruno position. Check his playing positions in ajax never a defensive midfield. Man u just wan get second option for bruno since lingard and pereira and mata are deadbeats. As for defensive midfield. Matic and Fred are there, bad e bad them play scott there, with em height he can hold that DMF well.
lol, van de Beek is actually a good signing and a good player as well, he can play any position in a three man midfield, he can play as a 10, an 8 as well as a 6, yes he can play as a defensive midfielder, what you seem not to know is that there a two different types of defensive midfielder, we have the anchors or destroyers who just defend and break up plays eg kante, casemiro, matic, while there are deep lying playmakers they are not so strong defensively but they help to control the game and instigate attacks, pirlo, pogba ( when he plays as a 6) Jorginho but there are defensive midfielders that are a mixture of the two, like fabinho of Liverpool. Beek can play defensive midfielder as a deep lying playmaker.

3 Likes

Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by bentwood85(m): 9:28am On Aug 31, 2020
flyingpig:
after the lockdown that's when his contribution slumped. I hope he fixes it. If he doesn't fix it and continues on that path am sure they will shift martial to that wing and start ighalo, or play Greenwood on that wing and play sancho in Greenwood wing. Am sure u saw the fantastic cross Greenwood gave bruno from that rashford wing that led to a fantastic goal against Bournemouth during post lock down in a counter attack. Let rashford keep doing himself. If man utd gets sancho more pressure will be on him cos there will be more players on bench ready to take his position at that time. His only luck is if United don't sign sancho again, which i doubt cos am confident they will. That position is their major concern not even extra midfielder like donny. Donny is just squad addition not priority. So my summary United will still get sancho then rashford will be serious less he'll lose his starting rights.

True
I agree with you.
You truly watch football and identify what players are capable of.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by igweemmanuel210: 9:35am On Aug 31, 2020
WEICOME BRO
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by Bash92(m): 9:37am On Aug 31, 2020
lichocho:
bro who de play dm for Ajax during d Frankie set?

Na frankie dey play dm. Van de beek is always in front of him as an 8 or 10.
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by lordprogress: 9:42am On Aug 31, 2020
We nor wan hear announce watin we wan hear na he dun come nor be all this trolling ed Woodward dey troll us since.
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by OlawaleBammie: 9:45am On Aug 31, 2020
Roon9:
If they had added only £640m pounds they'd have gotten Messi. grin

I can see u re not ok

grin grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by Farki: 9:45am On Aug 31, 2020
flyingpig:
yep. I agree. But i no go get enthusiasm to watch man u match next season if sancho no come even if na towards end of transfer window.

At this point I don't think Sancho is coming, Dortmund are getting too greedy and it doesn't seem worth it to spend so much when they have Greenwood in that position already.
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by ghettokid1(m): 9:46am On Aug 31, 2020
fergie001:
United is doing well. This is good business from one of the world's biggest brand. They are doing well as Van Beek is an excellent footballer that immediately slots into Fred's position, not just as a support pivot for Fernandes but oils the machinery of a static midfield.

grin grin

ghettokid1 emeijeh powerfulguy vickyrotex angelfrost fuckingmallam45 ebukahades10 paulolee
No be me talk am o

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by flyingpig: 9:51am On Aug 31, 2020
Farki:

At this point I don't think Sancho is coming, Dortmund are getting too greedy and it doesn't seem worth it to spend so much when they have Greenwood in that position already.
So Greenwood will play RWF in English Premier league, Champs league, FA Cup and Capital 1 Cup? That's over 60matches, what happened to squad rotation? Sometimes three matches in 10days sef. I smell injury. And what happens to suspensions?
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by Bash92(m): 9:51am On Aug 31, 2020
Vickmanny22:
lol, van de Beek is actually a good signing and a good player as well, he can play any position in a three man midfield, he can play as a 10, an 8 as well as a 6, yes he can play as a defensive midfielder, what you seem not to know is that there a two different types of defensive midfielder, we have the anchors or destroyers who just defend and break up plays eg kante, casemiro, matic, while there are deep lying playmakers they are not so strong defensively but they help to control the game and instigate attacks, pirlo, pogba ( when he plays as a 6) Jorginho but there are defensive midfielders that are a mixture of the two, like fabinho of Liverpool. Beek can play defensive midfielder as a deep lying playmaker.

God bless you for this, also Matic game has changed he his more of a deep lying playmaker this days unlike his Chelsea time.

When most Nigerian thinks of 4 (defensive midfielders) , they think mikel, kante, viera, Makelele, Casemiro. While forgetting players like Carrick, Gundogan, Barca Dejong, Pirlo and even Modric are deep lying playmaker

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by thymm: 10:00am On Aug 31, 2020
Bash92:

God bless you for this, also Matic game has changed he his more of a deep lying playmaker this days unlike his Chelsea time.

When most Nigerian thinks of 4 (defensive midfielders) , they think mikel, kante, viera, Makelele, Casemiro. While forgetting players like Carrick, Gundogan, Barca Dejong, Pirlo and even Modric are deep lying playmaker
You can add Busquets to the list
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by Farki: 10:05am On Aug 31, 2020
flyingpig:
So Greenwood will play RWF in English Premier league, Champs league, FA Cup and Capital 1 Cup? That's over 60matches, what happened to squad rotation? Sometimes three matches in 10days sef. I smell injury. And what happens to suspensions?

United is a very confused club, they will buy a player (James) only to not use him because an academy player has taken the spot. They might get another person for cheap just to fill that role.
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by flyingpig: 10:16am On Aug 31, 2020
Farki:

United is a very confused club, they will buy a player (James) only to not use him because an academy player has taken the spot. They might get another person for cheap just to fill that role.
It's not about confusion here. They had no natural RWF, mata had passed his prime and Lingard is more of CAM than RWF, so they opted to buy James. For about 30 matches James didn't provide what was needed, that incised finishing and potent threat in the 18 yard box. James just seemed to be a good runner at the ball whenever opponents are in possession, his final output when given the ball most times are disappointing. Yes he has assists but for how many number of matches? Enters Greenwood around January, he first got his chances in Europa league group stages which were much easier and kids can be used to play through, he proved his kettle. He scored fantastic goals from that same RWF where James was lacking in incisiveness. Slowly, he was introduced into EPL as substitutes in late minutes and he did same thing. Is it not natural that a trending news replaces an outdated one? In the end, James couldnt improve his quality in order to retain his position but he has himself to blame for that, not the coach. Now the saying is that 19year old Greenwood can't shoulder EPL, CHAMPS LEAGUE, FA Cup and Capital one cup, and he is not a natural RWF but a natural CF; Striker. So that was the rationale about bringing in a natural RWF which is sancho.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 31, 2020
flyingpig:
he's just an average player. A utility player too. Can play him central midfield and central attacking midfield. A squad player. Fit for the bench until Bruno gets tired or suspended or injured then u replace him with bruno. Or u can start him in cup games like FA and Capital 1 Cup, then rest Bruno so he keeps fresh for EPL games and Champs league only

Their main target is RWF and I reckon they'll still go back with 120m in hand for sancho this summer
Do you even watch him play for Ajax at all?. I guess that's why you labelling him an average player he does works De Jong couldn't even do when the latter was still part of the team. He's just being underrated maybe because he's not involved too much in scoring goals. But he's a tireless midfielder. and I don't think Man Utd wants to purchase him in order to seat him on the bench.
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by flyingpig: 10:22am On Aug 31, 2020
francesco01:

Do you even watch him play for Ajax at all?. I guess that's why you labelling him an average player he does works De Jong couldn't even do when the latter was still part of the team. He's just being underrated maybe because he's not involved too much in scoring goals. But he's a tireless midfielder. and I don't think Man Utd wants to purchase him in order to seat him on the bench.
so who will he bench? Bruno? Cos that's his position
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by EbukaHades10(m): 10:35am On Aug 31, 2020
fergie001:

grin grin

Hope he won't become a "Daniel James"
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by Vickmanny22: 10:38am On Aug 31, 2020
flyingpig:
so who will he bench? Bruno? Cos that's his position

you seem not to understand, he was brought in to play as a 6(defensive midfielder) he is good with short passes which is very good for a deep lying playmaker, not that he can't play 10 when Bruno is out or injured or can't play 8 when pogba and Tommy is out or injured. he is an all round midfielder, he wasn't brought to be benched he will start matches if he is fit and in form take that to the bank.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 31, 2020
Very good player.
An iniesta kind of player and still 23
Re: Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek by habbybus2(m): 10:40am On Aug 31, 2020
Lingard and perreira are going so we need replacement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Footballers Of 1994-1998 Set Nigeria's Global Ambassadors? / Larry Kayode Celebrates 26th Birthday - Shares Family Pics / Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.