Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,703 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% (18510 Views)

Foreign Investors’ Interest In Nigeria Declines By 27.5% / Foreign Investors Dump 29 States In Q3 / 2019 Election: Foreign Investors Withdraw N435.41bn From Stock Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by futurism: 2:05pm On Aug 31, 2020
Built2last:
This is the reason.

We were on 205 to the dollar till change agents came.
please when did Dawisu post this? was it recently? cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by kalu61(m): 2:06pm On Aug 31, 2020
airoport:

You did well! To me, that's another form of evangelism. Getting people to do what is right. I returned to one filling after I noticed I was shortchanged, for the gauge only slightly moved.I got my money's worth after firm/very direct complaint/threat of unsavoury consequences. I don't tolerate or condone extortion/thieving!I can give if asked or I'm the mood, but will never accept blatant cheating.
BTW, we need a thread to address these errors at our service points whether filling station, shops etc. This cunning culture can even drive away foreign investors.
You have a high standard moral value, ours have been blended gradually
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by LikeAking: 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2020
ADVANCED COMMUNISM WILL RESCUE NIGERIA LAS,LAS.

LETS UNITE.

LOOK AT CHINA NA!.
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by Gokoyer0(m): 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2020
What does dead meat BBQ seller have to say to this?
Meanwhile dey don show the real status of Enugu airport. PDP are learning when talking about APC lies
The figures above reflects decline of foreign investors’ confidence. Nigeria lacks the capacity to surmount current economic challenges and investors have seen the government running helter-skelter to obtain foreign loans that will not facilitate economic recovery faster.
iwaeda:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/more-foreign-investors-leave-as-fpi-flows-crash-by-228/amp/
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by ensamy(m): 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2020
A Person with honorary Waec certificate is leading a nation full of highly educated men and women in every area of life, what do we expect We just started crying ..... Jonathan said it, SW no hear.... sad shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked . Other nations look at our leadership , they know Nigeria is a joke. Why wouldn't they treat our citizens in Thier country anyhow. Look at our Leaders shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Everything is upside down. Once a fastest growing economy in Africa.
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by MansoryMX(m): 2:09pm On Aug 31, 2020
Mynd44:

Mention 5 countries moving forward please

Gabon, Zambia, Ghana, Angola, Rwanda, Mauritius. Mozambique e.t.c should I continue or stop?

1 Like

Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by LikeAking: 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
ajl:
Let them go. They are no more than vultures anyway. I do not know of any country that achieved serious development through foreign investors. Nigerians, it's your country, develop it. Don't wait for foreigners. What they bring is peanuts compared to what Nigerians in diaspora send home every year, except that those funds need to re-directed to the right sectors.

wetin you dey talk?

You know why USA and co are way,way successful?

ans:

The whole world is investing in those countries.

No country can dev their country alone.

1 Like

Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by khalids: 2:13pm On Aug 31, 2020
GamalNasser:
We warned y'all that the dull poorly lettered nepotic corrupt herdsman has nothing nothing to offer Nigeria but zombies no gree here ...Please can someone mention just one indice Buhari has gotten right ..This can't be an error again because after 5 years there must be atleast something Buhari can show that he is doing right but there is absolutely none
Even the boko haram issue, that is in his line of profession is a total failure.............who we offend for this naija

1 Like

Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by kutashi: 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2020
GamalNasser:
We warned y'all that the dull poorly lettered nepotic corrupt herdsman has nothing nothing to offer Nigeria but zombies no gree here ...Please can someone mention just one indice Buhari has gotten right ..This can't be an error again because after 5 years there must be atleast something Buhari can show that he is doing right but there is absolutely none
Olodo! Presently, tell of me of a country that's doing better apart from china that record below their projected growth! You are always happy to hear anything bad about your country. Your heart is Sick bro!
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by Eriokanmi: 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
GamalNasser:

I may not like apc in edo because of Oshomole's thuggery and open lies against our governor which wouldn't hold a drop of water in our choice of who governs us for another 4 years. But I don't think buhari is the cause. Its a global thing brought about by covid-19. Yankee sef dey cry right now.
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by Openbusiness: 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2020
shocked
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by ggirl4real: 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2020
Gokoyer0:
Are their youths are as useless and docile like Nigerian youths? Everyone are busy with BBN right now, isn't it? Misplaced priorities everywhere. Instead for the youths to put the country on hold, they are busy wasting their lives on stupid stuffs.

These old guys don chop youths lives join their own finish

Do you blame the youths alone? How should they hold the leaders accountable when they are struggling to survive?

The youths seem to have given up on the country.
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by yesloaded: 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2020
Mynd44:

Google will help you oga mod grin

I dislike people who argue blindly, internet is enough for you to do proper research

Everything is not about politics

Current economy team are incompetent, take it or leave it

1 Like

Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by gambia(m): 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2020
ggirl4real:

Do you blame the youths alone? How should they hold the leaders accountable when they are struggling to survive?

The youths seem to have given up on the country.

I have lost hope in this country, nothing is working.
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by simpleseyi: 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
GamalNasser:

Nigerians elected the worst possible leader ever imaginable and that's the problem ...I can assure you of MC Oluomo was president the results will be far far far better that what Buhari can ever Offer

But you also have a father and he is a Nigerian, why can't he come out and contest? He may just be the Mesiah or Mai Suya that we have been waiting for. Don't just talk and wail, take action
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by LikeAking: 2:31pm On Aug 31, 2020
ensamy:
A Person with honorary Waec certificate is leading a nation full of highly educated and intelligent in every area of life, what do we expect We just started crying ..... Jonathan said it, SW no hear.... sad shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

THE PROBLEM IS NOT ONLY PRES BUBU AND CO.

NIGERIANS HAVE LOW STANDARDS AND FAULTY LOGIC.

MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS ARE CONUMERS.

WE DONT INVENT,INNOVATE,CREATE,MANUFACTURE,ETC, BECAUSE ITS NOT PART OF OUR TRADITION AND CULTURE.

EXAMPLE OF NIGERIAN TRADITION AND CULTURE

GO TO SCH GET A JOB

SALE GOODS

IMPORT GOODS

THIS TRADITION CANT BRING REAL DEV TO NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by GamalNasser: 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
kutashi:

Olodo! Presently, tell of me of a country that's doing better apart from china that record below their projected growth! You are always happy to hear anything bad about your country. Your heart is Sick bro!

Sharrap we know you losers will want to pass the blame of Buharis incompetence on COVID but you have failed ..Was Buhari doing well before COVID ? Didn't he force the NBS to hide the job reports for 3 years because the unemployment rate kept climbing at a staggering place and didn't they just use COVID as an excuse to release the report so they could blame it on COVID?

Other countries were doing well before COVID but Buharis govt had already messed up the Economy even before COVID so keep quiet
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by babafarida: 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
Nigeria economy was bad before Covid -19 pandemic but most advanced countries are experiencing recession now.
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by LikeAking: 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2020
Eriokanmi:

I may not like apc in edo because of Oshomole's thuggery and open lies against our governor which wouldn't hold a drop of water in our choice of who governs us for another 4 years. But I don't think buhari is the cause. Its a global thing brought about by covid-19. Yankee sef dey cry right now.

APC memeber spoted.

Continue supporting evil.
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by LikeAking: 2:38pm On Aug 31, 2020
babafarida:
Nigeria economy was bad before Covid -19 pandemic but most advanced countries are experiencing recession now.

you have said the real truth.
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by GamalNasser: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2020
simpleseyi:

But you also have a father and he is a Nigerian, why can't he come out and contest? He may just be the Mesiah or Mai Suya that we have been waiting for. Don't just talk and wail, take action

Well my own father has played his role in Nation building already what has your father done
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by BigBashiru: 2:41pm On Aug 31, 2020
GamalNasser:

Pay your N5 million hate speech fine to this account:

Ecobank
Acc No: 1234567890
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by Openbusiness: 2:41pm On Aug 31, 2020
Built2last:
This is the reason.

We were on 205 to the dollar till change agents came.
During 2015 Elections, there were campaign billboards asking If Nigerians are happy with $1 = N220, now the same people have driven the Naira exchange to the lowest point in Nigeria history. Under which govt, military or civilian, did exchange ever rise as high as $1 = N470? None! Even under the worst dictators, our currency never sank so low, even under the man they called "Clueless", it wasn't this bad. Yet they don't want people.to complain or call them out on their record-breaking incompetence. They want everyone to shut up and accept everything like that. Even petrol has almost doubled from what it was during GEJ time. GEJ increased fuel to N97 and there was massive protests all across this country. Everybody turned to activists. Musicians, politicians, doctors, lawyers, traders, students etc everybody turned to freedom fighters. GEJ never clamped down on the protests. It held, police were even deployed to provide security for the people. But if people try the same thing now, Buhari will send Army with fighter jet after them. Sowore was jailed for speaking up and detained almost indefinitely if not for international community that stepped in. That's the kind of disaster regime in power today. But if we talk now, some people will turn it to politics PDP vs APC, or turn in into tribalism and say you hate Buhari cuz he is a Northerner. But that's a lie. It's not about tribe, it's not political ZOMBIEsm. PDP at national level was a disaster but APC is a bigger disaster. PDP and APC should carry their bag and go. Let another party rule this Nigeria. They have done more than enough damage. I wish Nigerians can boycott these 2 parties like the media are boycotting FFK. They don't deserve the votes of the people
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by Yankee101: 2:43pm On Aug 31, 2020
Buhari wehdone
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by dokie: 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2020
GamalNasser:

Nigerians elected the worst possible leader ever imaginable and that's the problem ...I can assure you of MC Oluomo was president the results will be far far far better that what Buhari can ever Offer

I agree 100% with you on this. He'll at least be humble enough to ask his benefactors to help him set up a reasonably good cabinet.

Buhari na complete error.

2 Likes

Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by deji17: 2:48pm On Aug 31, 2020
Let the emotional blackmail begins.
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by wisdomkid: 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2020
Mynd44:

Please...
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by ensamy(m): 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2020
LikeAking:

WE DONT INVENT,INNOVATE,CREATE,MANUFACTURE,ETC, BECAUSE ITS NOT PART OF OUR TRADITION AND CULTURE.

GO TO SCH GET A JOB

SALE GOODS

IMPORT GOODS

During Jonathan's administration I can remember they prioritised in the growth of SMEs through the BOI and other programs which facilitated the growth of small scale businesses in the Agro and allied industries and it paid off. We had lots of FDI and local manufacturing was growing until the "change" agenda came in. Nigerians in diaspora were investing back home then. Investors confidence in the economy was encouraging. But now all those achievements have gradually been eroded , moving us about 10years backward again.

1 Like

Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by DexterousOne(m): 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2020
LikeAking:

GO TO SCH GET A JOB

SALE GOODS

IMPORT GOODS

You are right on point

The "consumer" culture

1 Like

Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by ggirl4real: 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
gambia:

I have lost hope in this country, nothing is working.

This is what I'm talking about
Re: More Foreign Investors Leave As FPI Flows Crash By 228% by Tonitoniton(m): 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
iwaeda:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/more-foreign-investors-leave-as-fpi-flows-crash-by-228/amp/

It is expected na, most of Nigerian past presidents will start up business or further their education after leaving office, but, urs truly started reading cows in his back yard and never did any thing to improve himself except Quran recitations . And same man comes back after 30 years and he is elected and u want miracle? how?. A man that believe in sentiments and not professionalism nor ethics?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Investment Principles To Use During An Election Period / Pennywise Wealth Management / How Can I Invest Forty Million Naira And Get Good Returns Monthly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.