Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,445 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore (1193 Views)

How Do I Convert USD To Naira Without Going To The Bank To Withdraw Dollars? / How Many Of Those Happy About Innonson's Takeover Of GTB Will Retain Their Accts / Police Fire Tear Gas At Innoson Motors Workers, GTB Moves To Shut Down Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by skultrick(m): 12:44pm On Aug 31, 2020
Good day everyone, I'm at the bank now, i requested to withdraw dollars in my dormicary account and was told I will have to sell it to the bank at what rate? They said 383 per dollars.

Meanwhile, the BDC guy I called this morning was willing to buy from me at 460.

Please can someone help me confirm if its same with other banks or GTB is trying to make me loss money seriously.

Thanks for your response.
Re: GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by SocialJustice: 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2020
Did you deposit the dollars into the account yourself or it is payment received? For the former, you are allowed to withdraw while the latter, you must sell to the bank. Ask your mallam if you can transfer to his dorm account.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by skultrick(m): 12:55pm On Aug 31, 2020
SocialJustice:
Did you deposit the dollars into the account yourself or it is payment received? For the former, you are allowed to withdraw while the latter, you must sell to the bank. Ask your mallam if you can transfer to his dorm account.

It was payment recieved, but I have been withdrawing for over two years now. I'm hearing this for the first time which for me is a whole lot of losses to bear.

1 Like

Re: GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by SocialJustice: 1:01pm On Aug 31, 2020
skultrick:

It was payment recieved, but I have been withdrawing for over two years now. I'm hearing this for the first time which for me is a whole lot of losses to bear.
New CBN policy. A memo was sent out earlier by gtb that you can only withdraw deposited dollars. Dollars is currently scarce, if you can live without immediately withdrawing the money then do so or try converting it to bitcoin or take the loss. Just research alternatives

1 Like

Re: GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by skultrick(m): 1:08pm On Aug 31, 2020
SocialJustice:
New CBN policy. A memo was sent out earlier by gtb that you can only withdraw deposited dollars. Dollars is currently scarce, if you can live without immediately withdrawing the money then do so or try converting it to bitcoin or take the loss. Just research alternatives

Please can you shed more light on how I can convert it to bitcoin. BTW, these monies where recieved from Payoneer.com.

Thanks for your time.
Re: GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by SocialJustice: 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2020
skultrick:

Please can you shed more light on how I can convert it to bitcoin. BTW, these monies where recieved from Payoneer.com.

Thanks for your time.
The process is long can't start explaining in detail. Go to paxful and look for people selling bitcoin for dollars. Buy from them then sell your bitcoin to Luno, their exchange rate to naira is good, ask them their current rate first.

Also try asking around for banks that still allow you to withdraw dollars from your dorm account. Look for someone with account there, transfer and withdraw from that account.

1 Like

Re: GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by skultrick(m): 1:23pm On Aug 31, 2020
SocialJustice:
The process is long can't start explaining in detail. Go to paxful and look for people selling bitcoin for dollars. Buy from them then sell your bitcoin to Luno, their exchange rate to naira is good, ask them their current rate first.

Also try asking around for banks that still allow you to withdraw dollars from your dorm account. Look for someone with account there, transfer and withdraw from that account.

Alright, thank you very much.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by JBiden: 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2020
So if I need to withdraw a $100k for my music video now, I can't?
Re: GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by Zhirinovsky: 7:23pm On Aug 31, 2020
This is very bad.

This govt keep finding new ways to make life unbearable for Nigerians.

I pray other banks don't follow suit.
Please transfer your fund to your mallard dorm account and close the gtb account. If people start closing their account because of this their new rule they will reverse it but if y'all don't, they won't and other banks will follow suit.

I know some that withdrew dollars today from her access dorm account so you can just open access account after you dump gtb.

We should learn how to stop tolerating nonsense from people who don't know how hard we work for our money.
skultrick:

2 Likes

Re: GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by cmoney22222: 8:39pm On Aug 31, 2020
How many dollars is it.
Re: GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by skultrick(m): 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2020
JBiden:
So if I need to withdraw a $100k for my music video now, I can't?

I went to access bank, and they assured me I can withdraw dollars from them.

In other words, those crooks at gtb are the ones finding excuses. That was how they stop payment with Mastercard linked to a naira account.
Re: GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by skultrick(m): 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2020
Zhirinovsky:
This is very bad.

This govt keep finding new ways to make life unbearable for Nigerians.

I pray other banks don't follow suit.
Please transfer your fund to your mallard dorm account and close the gtb account. If people start closing their account because of this their new rule they will reverse it but if y'all don't, they won't and other banks will follow suit.

I know some that withdrew dollars today from her access dorm account so you can just open access account after you dump gtb.

We should learn how to stop tolerating nonsense from people who don't know how hard we work for our money.

My brother say no more, I've been using this guys for over 2 years now, then this stupid policy. I've already dumped them.
Re: GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by Backcheck: 5:59pm On Sep 01, 2020
If you have a forex account, for example I use ‘fxtm’ (please do your findings) you can fund the trading account by bank transfer since they have a gtb dollar account, and then you withdraw your money in naira by their exchange rate, with is I think 456. Note that the account the money is coming from and the account the money is going to must be in your name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by Ethereum: 7:17am On Sep 07, 2020
Backcheck:
If you have a forex account, for example I use ‘fxtm’ (please do your findings) you can fund the trading account by bank transfer since they have a gtb dollar account, and then you withdraw your money in naira by their exchange rate, with is I think 456. Note that the account the money is coming from and the account the money is going to must be in your name.
Is it a must you trade with some of the deposited funds before you can withdraw it back?

This is usually the case for crypto exchange platform but not sure how forex brokers works when it comes to deposits

1 Like

Re: GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by FxExpo(m): 7:55am On Sep 07, 2020
SocialJustice:
This is Sad news but my Fear is If It From CBN then it Must Go round All The Bank
Re: GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by Backcheck: 8:18am On Sep 07, 2020
Ethereum:

Is it a must you trade with some of the deposited funds before you can withdraw it back?

This is usually the case for crypto exchange platform but not sure how forex brokers works when it comes to deposits

Its not
Re: GTB Will Not Allow Be Withdraw Dollars Anymore by skultrick(m): 10:19am On Sep 09, 2020
FxExpo:
This is Sad news but my Fear is If It From CBN then it Must Go round All The Bank

It's not from CBN, its GTB and their useless policies aimed at defrauding people of their hard earned monies.

(1) (Reply)

Lendnaira: Quick Loan Of Up To ₦5 Million Without Bvn/collateral/guarantor / Latest Review Of MTFE Metaverse Foreign Exchange | Has MTFE Crashed? / IKEDC Prepaid Meter Upgrade Key Change Token Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.