Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Nigeria Was Great In My Time. "Generational Curse" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Was Great In My Time. "Generational Curse" (279 Views)

Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) / Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? / How Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria Was Created - NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Was Great In My Time. "Generational Curse" by Blackmoran(m): 5:40pm On Aug 31, 2020
I can bet most of us have heard stories from our parent or elderly ones how great or better Nigeria was when growing up..

my dad use to reminisce about old times he came from a poor family that don't even value education, through pure will he was able to scrap through elementary school, got a scholarahip for is secondary and tertiary education the month he graduated he was bombarded with three different job offers, he later settle for Unilever PLC. He told me after 3 month to his new job he get bored took a month break the next month took another job at afribank which is now polaris bank now... he bought is first beetle Volkswagen at the age of 26, during is twenties he was already living is dreams.

hearing this stories I imagine how many graduate after years of searching and luckily geting a job will have the balls to get bored on a job..
looking at my own journey there is a great and wide experience from my dad and elderly ones all through my schooling years I have to struggle through just grateful am from a average family after graduation from university my eyes are now open to the real world, after years of searching for job I have to throw the useless certificate away, am doing good to some extent for myself today due to pure ruggedness.

it seems as every generation evolves it is getting worst, in 1972 during my dad younger era Nigeria exchange rate to the us dollar was 0.658, 1989 when I was born exchange rate 7.39, by the year 1999 exchange rate was 21.89 . today as of 31 of august our dear country exchange rate is 477.00 to the dollar!!!! God pls what is going on?

have a little daughter now right now am telling her what my dad told me "how great Nigeria is now" cause I surely know by the time she would grow to be a adult looking back at now will be OK, my dad reminisce he bought is first car 3000 naira, I told my daughter I bought my first car tokunbo 900,000 naira. I can only imagine what she will tell her own offspring.

we are all complaining how bad things are but sincerely I see no hope things will get worst and each generation will keep reminiscing about the good old times..
Re: Nigeria Was Great In My Time. "Generational Curse" by chatinent: 5:42pm On Aug 31, 2020
More reasons I pray for God's kingdom to come. It's the only hope for mankind.
Re: Nigeria Was Great In My Time. "Generational Curse" by Faguy: 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2020
You know the generational curse more than we do. Mtcheew
Re: Nigeria Was Great In My Time. "Generational Curse" by ggirl4real: 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2020
So what really went wrong? How did it degenerate so badly?

Will this country ever be great again?

I just know that population explosion and poor management of resources are contributive factors.
Re: Nigeria Was Great In My Time. "Generational Curse" by Raydos: 7:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
Generational curse?? Lol Black man Mentality, Always have something to blame!!

So Generational curse isn't affecting Great Nations Like America? Canada? France? China? Japan? South Korea? Germany? Italy? UK? Infact the list is endless!!

It's only Nigeria that generational curse is affecting??

Your politicians embezzle almost Every money they can embezzle, Money that is meant to Develop the nation, But you blame it on Generational Curse??

Black Man will always have something to blame, I guess it's Generational curse that's affecting the whole of Africa too, Maybe That's why things are getting worse Everyday in this part of the world
Re: Nigeria Was Great In My Time. "Generational Curse" by Blackmoran(m): 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2020
guess you didn't get the point of the article, did you read where I blame anybody? am just stating what obvious which consciously you know about... probably the word "generation curse" you take it literally which is not what I meant if you a good student of literature if you know the meaning of "idoms" probably you will comprehend what am talking about....

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Declares Nov 1 National Youth Day / ENUGU ATTACK: Unarmed People Killed Under South-east Govs’ Watch— IPOB / Hike In Fuel, Electricity Prices: Police Ban Protests In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.