Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,296 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? (1427 Views)

Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? / My 30-Year-Old Brother Wants To Marry A 43-Year-Old Woman & I'm Not Endorsing It / 30-Year-Old Miami Teacher Had Sex, MouthAction With Her Student, 17, In Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by TechExpertise: 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2020
Mods please don't take this to frontpage biko.

So guys I created a new account so as to air this issue and solicit for you guys advice.

So I'm a 30 year old student currently in my final year in one of the universities in the North (Ahmadu Bello University) studying an Engineering course with a 4.0 grade.

So after I couldn't graduate due to a health challenge I had back then, I finally got healed, took jamb again and got admitted at 25. I was about to round up my studies before the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted us.
So I've never had it in mind to date any lady as my priority was channeled towards graduating successfully with good grades and culminate to the zenith of success in my career endeavors before I look for a successful lady to settle with.
So during this pandemic I got a job with one establishment, while on my way back home from work i came across this beautiful and gorgeous Lady, I was tempted to initiate a conversation with her, observed she's smart and educated and also a finalist in the university, so we exchanged numbers and communicated on phone via calls and WhatsApp, we met about twice and before you know it we got attracted to each other and boomed she confessed her love for me after I told her I love her, so now we've started a relationship.

Now my worries is that I'm 30, whenever I realize my contemporaries are married while most of 'em have settled careers but I'm still in school at this age, it gets me worried that a girlfriend shouldn't be on my agenda.
My Christian brothers are also asking me to withdraw and break off the relationship cos its a sin (I'm against premarital sex so our relationship is devoid of sex) but at this age I'm i not supposed to start a relationship with a lady and build a career and relationship with her so when God blesses us I can get married to her and not some random stranger.
Nairalanders what's your own opinion?
Should I break up with her cos my church members sees it as a sin or should I continue the relationship?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by IKBARUTEN11(m): 7:43pm On Aug 31, 2020
Yes bro

Go and marry
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by TechExpertise: 7:49pm On Aug 31, 2020
IKBARUTEN11:
Yes bro
Go and marry
marry you say? Did you read the thread?
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 31, 2020
You say it's a non sexual stuff, I see no reason to break it off.
30 plus is emotional mature to handle all that.

Myself I'm for getting a job and source of income before dating but 30 is an exception I think

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by samincredible44(m): 7:51pm On Aug 31, 2020
no its not,but try to have a job before u marry.
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by PrinceOfEast(m): 7:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
If at your age you can't think for yourself, then your education is useless.

Before you breakup with that girl, kindly apologize to her that you're a f00lish religion fanatic who can't think for himself and a old baby!!

you're annoying to say the least angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by ParpahSeventy: 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2020
So you did MEEN 204?
It was really a nightmare.
By the way, at 30 you should know what you want when it comes to relationship, at 30 you should have a clear plan as regards your life (it may not materialise as you really want that moment), at 30 your priorities should be set in order, what you want and when you want and most importantly how you want it, at 30 you shouldn't give in to the idea of comparison, if your "mates" are married, know that some of your "mates" are 6ft below now, some are roaming around with insanity, some are still buying jamb, some are currently regretting getting married, the list goes on and on, your plans is what should be your guide not the "mates" ideology. IMO.
Another thing is, those of you that goes to church and are committed members, should "work by the same rule and mind the same thing..." you should know what Christianity demands from you, don't bring it to us to iron out because you will get different opinions.
Off the topic, that is safe to assume that you attend COR??
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by PrinceOfEast(m): 7:59pm On Aug 31, 2020
This op should be disbanded from the league of sane under g's

religion will make a 30yr old think and reason like a 13yr old teen angry
i can't fathom hw u gain admission into that uni with ur myopic way of reasoning....ur types keep disgracing and embarassing men.

emancipate urself from mental slavery angry
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 31, 2020
PrinceOfEast:
This op should be disbanded from the league of sane under g's

religion will make a 30yr old think and reason like a 13yr old teen angry
i can't fathom hw u gain admission into that uni with ur myopic way of reasoning....ur types keep disgracing and embarassing men.

emancipate urself from mental slavery angry
why are you so angry? Did he snatch your wife
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by fati2001(m): 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2020

1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by PrinceOfEast(m): 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2020
Durentt:
why are you so angry? Did he snatch your wife
if he snatches my wife, the chance of me getting her back unhurt and untouched is 100%.

but i doubt he will be able to.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by sirzee1660(m): 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2020
Don't break up bro,I understand how you feel but just give it a try the only problem is that it might not end well especially when that babe start receiving advice from a third party..... Ebidonsi ona to
Darling darling
Ebidonsi ona to
Sweetie sweetie
Ebidonsi ona fio
I love you, I love you
Ebidonsi ona da
I miss you, I miss you
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by paulolee(m): 8:08pm On Aug 31, 2020
jus focus on ur studies till you are done with school, get a joba and look for a girlfriend to build marriage plans with since you are into no sex relationship..
dnt see the need why you are looking for a bea now in ur finals, mayba na village people don de send you signal..
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by TechExpertise: 8:20pm On Aug 31, 2020
sirzee1660:
Don't break up bro,I understand how you feel but just give it a try the only problem is that it might not end well especially when that babe start receiving advice from a third party..... Ebidonsi ona to
Darling darling
Ebidonsi ona to
Sweetie sweetie
Ebidonsi ona fio
I love you, I love you
Ebidonsi ona da
I miss you, I miss you
Thank you bro
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by Cholls(m): 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2020
My brother I think what you're passing through is part of the modern day struggle.

What I will tell you is; If a man isn’t ready, he shouldn’t get married. If you have children, it will be even worse, and will damage the children.

Don't do it unless you are ready for all of the
responsibility it comes with.
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by TechExpertise: 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2020
paulolee:
jus focus on ur studies till you are done with school, get a joba and look for a girlfriend to build marriage plans with since you are into no sex relationship..
dnt see the need why you are looking for a bea now in ur finals, >mayba na village people don de send you signal. .
lol you know I couldn't finish last time due to a severe health challenge sent by village people.
Now as I was about wrapping up my finals before Coro come spoil everywhere.
I am actually scared cos since it's a no sex relationship so I don't really see the need like you said.
Now my friend too of same age with nice grades too in his final year just got a girlfriend too, during the lockdown she was sacked, things were now rough with her, her house rent expired so my guy out of love sacrificed his project money to feed the girl while the cash he kept for his house rent on campus was used to get a new apartment for this his girlfriend.
Now if school reopens now he'll be homeless and no cash for project embarassed
You see how devil just dey rubbish person
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 31, 2020
TechExpertise:

So guys I created a new account so as to air this issue and solicit for you guys advice.

So I'm a 30 year old student currently in my final year in one of the universities in the North (Ahmadu Bello University) studying an Engineering course with a 4.0 grade.

So after I couldn't graduate due to a health challenge I had back then, I finally got healed, took jamb again and got admitted at 25. I was about to round up my studies before the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted us.
So I've never had it in mind to date any lady as my priority was channeled towards graduating successfully with good grades and culminate to the zenith of success in my career endeavors before I look for a successful lady to settle with.
So during this pandemic I got a job with one establishment, while on my way back home from work i came across this beautiful and gorgeous Lady, I was tempted to initiate a conversation with her, observed she's smart and educated and also a finalist in the university, so we exchanged numbers and communicated on phone via calls and WhatsApp, we met about twice and before you know it we got attracted to each other and boomed she confessed her love for me after I told her I love her, so now we've started a relationship.

Now my worries is that I'm 30, whenever I realize my contemporaries are married while most of 'em have settled careers but I'm still in school at this age, it gets me worried that a girlfriend shouldn't be on my agenda.
My Christian brothers are also asking me to withdraw and break off the relationship cos its a sin (I'm against premarital sex so our relationship is devoid of sex) but at this age I'm i not supposed to start a relationship with a lady and build a career and relationship with her so when God blesses us I can get married to her and not some random stranger.
Should I break up with her cos my church members sees it as a sin or should I continue the relationship?

Sir, if am to advice you is, tell the Bea your mind. Tell her at your age you can't be playing that you are serious to get marry since you are due for that. If she's serious she will give in if not she will waste your precious time. Bless God you are working sef and your job is very commerciable added with good grades. You can start a home even it's little Sir. That's my own unless you ain't ready to marry but doing play boy at your age is not recommendable Sir.
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by TechExpertise: 8:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
Cholls:
My brother I think what you're passing through is part of the modern day struggle.

What I will tell you is; If a man isn’t ready, he shouldn’t get married. If you have children, it will be even worse, and will damage the children.

Don't do it unless you are ready for all of the
responsibility it comes with.
Thank you Boss
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by rowland545(m): 8:31pm On Aug 31, 2020
It is wrong for a 30yrs old man not to have a gf ...intact it is wrong and very disturbing...

We suppose day talk of wife no b gf self
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by spamb0t: 8:32pm On Aug 31, 2020
gaius01:

Sir, if am to advice you is, tell the Bea your mind. Tell her at your age you can't be playing that you are serious to get marry since you are due for that. If she's serious she will give in if not she will waste your precious time. Bless God you are working sef and your job is very commerciable added with good grades. You can start a home even it's little Sir. That's my own unless you ain't ready to marry but doing play boy at your age is not recommendable Sir.
una just wan kill OP with depression.
See as u just dey call am Sir like he's too old.
30 years no be just 1990?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by spamb0t: 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2020
rowland545:
It is wrong for a 30yrs old man not to have a gf ...intact it is wrong and very disturbing...

We suppose day talk of wife no b gf self
there's this guy in my area at 35 he's still dating and hanging out with his girlfriend and also brags among his friends how endowed his girlfriend is.
Me I'm just like at this man age when his mates are fathers providing for their kids, this Agbaya still dey mumu
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by spamb0t: 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2020
Durentt:
You say it's a non sexual stuff, I see no reason to break it off.
30 plus is emotional mature to handle all that.

Myself I'm for getting a job and source of income before dating but 30 is an exception I think
very true
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by Paramount01(m): 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2020
Hmmm...
This life sha
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 31, 2020
spamb0t:
una just wan kill OP with depression.
See as u just dey call am Sir like he's too old.
30 years no be just 1990?

How old you dey sef grin undecided
grin grin if you no sabi respect people, I sabi..
Him senior me oga grin
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by Fmlao: 8:42pm On Aug 31, 2020
OP is 30 and some people giving him relationship advice is under 20.

If at 30, you can't solve simple relationship puzzle then you are a waste of space.

The more you talk about your church bro, the more you irking me.
Imagine someone telling you not to date at 30!

Haba!
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by KristaPretty(f): 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2020
If you cannot decide for yourself at 30, then you have no business even approaching anyone for a relationship in the first place.

It is well o.
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by rowland545(m): 9:27pm On Aug 31, 2020
spamb0t:
there's this guy in my area at 35 he's still dating and hanging out with his girlfriend and also brags among his friends how endowed his girlfriend is.
Me I'm just like at this man age when his mates are fathers providing for their kids, this Agbaya still dey mumu
lols....when dat one day plan get sense...

So him no get plans to marry raise family.

But atlist he has s child right?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by Mrlucky81(m): 10:04pm On Aug 31, 2020
Is it ur church members that will tell you hw to live ur life? All this church goers sef
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by Sage161(m): 10:10pm On Aug 31, 2020
TechExpertise:

You don't need a girlfriend. You need a lover. Girlfriends are parasites. You are at your prime now. You wouldn't be much longer. It doesn't matter if you're still a student. You would surely need to get married sooner or later. You have to start from somewhere at least try having a lady to consider. From estimation, if you were to marry later than 35, you might be walking your children to school as an overly aged man. Given your situation currently, you gotta come up with a good plan for your future especially financially. You just have to.
Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by TechExpertise: 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
Sage161:

You don't need a girlfriend. You need a lover. Girlfriends are parasites. You are at your prime now. You wouldn't be much longer. It doesn't matter that you're still a student. You would surely need to get married sooner or later. You have to start from somewhere at least having a lady to consider. From estimation, if you were to marry later than 35, you might be walking your children to school as an overly aged man. Given your situation currently, youu gotta come up with a good plan for your future especially financially. You just have to.
This one is actually so touching.
Thanks bro I'm so edified by your inputs

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A 30 Year Old Student To Have A Girlfriend? by gunners160(m): 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2020
Do you know wat your problem is? Your problem is "U". You so much care about other people's opinion

Your whatsoever brothers in Christ are telling you to quit, Nairalanders are telling you rubbish and even one small boy that is writing WAEC is giving you a 30 year old man an advice.
Better use ur head and go for what makes you happy

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Hottest Man In Africa ( Photos) / Check Out A Man Chat With Dangote / I'm Hot Right Now, I Need Help Down There Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.