Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,552 members, 7,823,436 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid (1038 Views)

2023: Senator Anyim Intensifies Campaign For PDP Presidential Ticket / Arochukwu Indigenes Block Senator Kalu's Convoy, Give Him Food Items (Photos) / MURIC: Hanan Buhari Flying On Presidential Jet Is An Inspiration To The Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by Handsomecole(m): 2:53pm On Sep 01, 2020
Following his visits to two former Nigerian heads of state, and Emir of Minna, the Senate Chief Whip,Orji Uzor Kalu is currently on trending on Twitter.

Senator Kalu had on Monday declared his willingness to run for Presidency if given the mandate. Sen. Kalu said this while addressing the media after his visit to Generals Ibrahim Babangida and Abdulsalami Abubakar.

Kalu, a former Governor of Abia State, also said that zoning is not a Constitutional matter but party affairs, adding that his party, the APC could not have zoned the presidency.

The Senate Chief Whip's comments however elicited various reactions from thousands of Twitter users. Many of whom expressed various opinions with regards to Sen. Kalu's position.

The twitter thread titled "Orji Uzor Kalu" which was monitored by Nigeria Daily revealed the reactions of various users.

Some Twitter users described Kalu as the next President of Nigeria stating that he was a better candidate for the APC, while some questioned the unity and seriousness of the Southeast in their quest to produce the next President in 2023.

Below are some of the reactions as captured;

@iamMchenry wrote "Who is a better candidate now. Pdp will give the ticket to Atiku not peter obi. In Apc, OUK will do a better job than el rufai and tinubu. Check their stats where they were governors." @iamMchenry

@obi_nwosu wrote :"Some may not like the sound of this, but Orji Uzor Kalu and Rochas Okorocha are currently the top politicians giving Igbo presidency 2023 a serious image. I will not be surprised if one of them ends up being the next president. They have both been on bridge-building missions"

@SodiqTade wrote: "Orji Uzor Kalu is a Presidential Material in APC .He is way better than many in that Party."

While @litmusorange wrote : "Keep shouting o, a political party will give Orji Uzor Kalu ticket and he'll win. Orji knows what he's saying. The same Nigeria that elected Buhari in 2015 and 2019.

Another user @teamlaycon also wrote : "The only thing that’s making these people rejoice is because OUK was a better performing Governor than his successors. He might be whatever you call him BUT
*he never owed civil servants
*didn’t owe doctors
*maintained roads
*brought Aba to the map
*made living in Aba Safe then"

https://thenigeriadaily.com/2020/09/01/2023-senator-kalu-trends-on-twitter-after-speaking-on-presidential-bid/

Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by flyingpig: 2:54pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kalu the Dambarauwan-Hausa of Daura Emirate meets President Buhari below

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by Racoon(m): 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2020
Orji Kalu should have been in jail by now were Nigeria a sane nation.Spits!

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by celeiyke: 2:57pm On Sep 01, 2020
Does IBB dress like this in his own house? Notice IBB and OUK wore same material, the difference is in style. OUK design is made in aba, patronizing made in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by Macphenson: 3:00pm On Sep 01, 2020
OUK the next president of Nigeria.

Any body in buordillon who is not ok with it should make use of the Lagoon.

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by FlordFlorez(m): 3:01pm On Sep 01, 2020
flyingpig:
Kalu the Dambarauwan-Hausa of Daura Emirate meets President Buhari below

Abeg, dem edit Kalu inside that cloth abi he really wore that??
Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by flyingpig: 3:02pm On Sep 01, 2020
FlordFlorez:

Abeg, dem edit Kalu inside that cloth abi he really wore that??
it's truly Kalu. He was turbanned in Daura Emirate ( Katsina ) 2years ago.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by sigiyaya(m): 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
Nigerians are F00lish set people, even if you bring a wild pig with some religious and ethnic packaging they will willing vote for the pig.

Are these not the same Nigerians that voted for Buhari in 2015 and 2019 grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by Skyfornia(m): 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
Handsomecole:
Following his visits to two former Nigerian heads of state, and Emir of Minna, the Senate Chief Whip,Orji Uzor Kalu is currently on trending on Twitter.

Senator Kalu had on Monday declared his willingness to run for Presidency if given the mandate. Sen. Kalu said this while addressing the media after his visit to Generals Ibrahim Babangida and Abdulsalami Abubakar.

Kalu, a former Governor of Abia State, also said that zoning is not a Constitutional matter but party affairs, adding that his party, the APC could not have zoned the presidency.

The Senate Chief Whip's comments however elicited various reactions from thousands of Twitter users. Many of whom expressed various opinions with regards to Sen. Kalu's position.

The twitter thread titled "Orji Uzor Kalu" which was monitored by Nigeria Daily revealed the reactions of various users.

Some Twitter users described Kalu as the next President of Nigeria stating that he was a better candidate for the APC, while some questioned the unity and seriousness of the Southeast in their quest to produce the next President in 2023.

Below are some of the reactions as captured;

@iamMchenry wrote "Who is a better candidate now. Pdp will give the ticket to Atiku not peter obi. In Apc, OUK will do a better job than el rufai and tinubu. Check their stats where they were governors." @iamMchenry

@obi_nwosu wrote :"Some may not like the sound of this, but Orji Uzor Kalu and Rochas Okorocha are currently the top politicians giving Igbo presidency 2023 a serious image. I will not be surprised if one of them ends up being the next president. They have both been on bridge-building missions"

@SodiqTade wrote: "Orji Uzor Kalu is a Presidential Material in APC .He is way better than many in that Party."

While @litmusorange wrote : "Keep shouting o, a political party will give Orji Uzor Kalu ticket and he'll win. Orji knows what he's saying. The same Nigeria that elected Buhari in 2015 and 2019.

Another user @teamlaycon also wrote : "The only thing that’s making these people rejoice is because OUK was a better performing Governor than his successors. He might be whatever you call him BUT
*he never owed civil servants
*didn’t owe doctors
*maintained roads
*brought Aba to the map
*made living in Aba Safe then"

https://thenigeriadaily.com/2020/09/01/2023-senator-kalu-trends-on-twitter-after-speaking-on-presidential-bid/

He is wasting his time.....for someone that couldn't develop his state as a governor for 8years, how does he want to lead a bigger space like Nigeria? He is a Joker!! I'm Igbo but I would rather vote Tinubu than Orji Uzor Kalu.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by Dreambeat: 3:16pm On Sep 01, 2020
Racoon:
Orji Kalu should have been in jail by now were Nigeria a sane nation.Spits!
Yes I agree with you, same as Rochas, Tinubu, Buhari, Obasanjo, all the state governors and so many public office holders past and present too numerous to mention.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by jokinexcel(m): 3:23pm On Sep 01, 2020
Skyfornia:

He is wasting his time.....for someone that couldn't develop his state as a governor for 8years, how does he want to lead a bigger space like Nigeria? He is a Joker!! I'm Igbo but I would rather vote Tinubu than Orji Uzor Kalu.
If you compare other state gov. During his time he performed very well. Can you tell me any eastern gov that performed better than OUK, sentiments apart. Well, OUK is your next president, and your vote won’t “count “.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by Skyfornia(m): 3:25pm On Sep 01, 2020
jokinexcel:

If you compare other state gov. During his time he performed very well. Can you tell me any eastern gov that performed better than OUK, sentiments apart. Well, OUK is your next president, and your vote won’t “count “.

Are you kidding me? I'll just mention two governors during his time. Donald Duke and Tinubu...they must not be eastern governors.
Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by Emyzoloye5(m): 3:30pm On Sep 01, 2020
Skyfornia:

Same way tinubu developed lagos when he was governor bah

go sit down ....u're not an Igbo man
Afonja claiming Igbo

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:32pm On Sep 01, 2020
Orji Uzor Kalu or David Umahi are the best Igbo Presidential candidates for 2023.
Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by Jostoman: 4:09pm On Sep 01, 2020
Skyfornia:

two of them are the same.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by sigiyaya(m): 4:11pm On Sep 01, 2020
sigiyaya:
Nigerians are F00lish set people, even if you bring a wild pig with some religious and ethnic packaging they will willing vote for the pig.

Are these not the same Nigerians that voted for Buhari in 2015 and 2019 grin grin
Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by IamWonderful: 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2020
Fresh criminal out of prison by crook
Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by hajimosho(m): 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2020

Atiku took trending to an unprecedented height with Igbos retweet and likes.

What came out of it

Let's try to be realistic

Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by Yebosola(m): 6:38pm On Sep 01, 2020
Macphenson:
OUK the next president of Nigeria.

Any body in buordillon who is not ok with it should make use of the Lagoon.

The problem of the miscreants is that, that person in bourdillon no send una, Yoruba calls it "ipolowo oja ta sanwo fun " free advertising,continue making him popular with your folly.
Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by Macphenson: 6:45pm On Sep 01, 2020
Yebosola:

The problem of the miscreants is that, that person in bourdillon no send una, Yoruba calls it "ipolowo oja ta sanwo fun " free advertising,continue making him popular with your folly.

Hahahaha, he did. Ever since OUK came out , the Chicago Baron has his his tail in between his leg and hid in bourdillon.

Ever wondered why every heavy weight in the north is identifying with OUK?

Please kindly remove every sniper in bourdillon let's he follow the precedent set by AWOLOWO
Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 01, 2020
Anything to stop the restoration of Biafra by the Northerners is what might play out in 2023.
Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by Timatayo1: 8:33pm On Sep 01, 2020
International thief
Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by 00FFT00(m): 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2020
jokinexcel:

Yes, Governor Sullivan Iheanacho Chime
Re: 2023: Senator Kalu Trends On Twitter After Speaking On Presidential Bid by 00FFT00(m): 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2020
Skyfornia:

Are you kidding me? I'll just mention two governors during his time. Donald Duke and Tinubu...they must not be eastern governors.

Governor Sullivan Iheanacho Chime

(1) (Reply)

FG Orders Resumption Of All Civil Servants From Monday / Femi Falana Dragged To ICC Allegedly Instigating The #endsars Protest / Miyetti Allah Nominated New Ohaneze President, Wrote Letter To Nwodo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.