Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo) (60570 Views)

85-Year-Old Obasanjo Jumps Off A High Podium At An Event (Video) / 85-Year-Old Obasanjo Rides Keke With Passengers Onboard In Abeokuta / Igboho: I Have Not Asked Any Retired Soldier Or Politician To Beg The Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo) by Unbreakable007: 7:40am On Sep 02, 2020
Audio house
Re: Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo) by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 02, 2020
I knew this old man. we attended the same church together. I was so surprised to see his the one been affected.
Re: Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo) by olisaEze(m): 8:08am On Sep 02, 2020
Buratai don turn politician ni? grin grin Nice one, but go and do d job they retired many senior military officers to give u, and save d lives of d people dying in Kaduna South & Bornu State.
Re: Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo) by Smyk13: 11:26am On Sep 02, 2020
What was the reason for the eviction? And is he the only one evicted from the area?
Re: Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo) by D14rl: 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2020
am happy 4 him
Re: Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo) by msylva2147(m): 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2020
manduwem:
OP, me I applaud the gesture but the question that hasn't been asked remains...
Who will pay the rent when the current one expires?
I didn't see it in your post. Abi the man must die before then?
If you ask me a room & parlour would have sufficed so he can pay from his pension (because I didn't hear any mention of his family).
someone that was given the particulars of the house you here talking about the house rent renewal.
Do landlords pay house rents in their own house too?
Re: Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo) by mamotalk: 1:05pm On Sep 02, 2020
good. but that elrufai dey rep APC sha.
Re: Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo) by deltateam: 2:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
majole:
That is part of the corruption. Where did he get a 3 bedroom to give? Is it legal? Nigeria & Cirruotion na 5 & 6.

Upon say I warned you. Have you seen how you just disgraced your lineage? embarassed
Re: Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo) by manduwem(m): 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2020
msylva2147:
someone that was given the particulars of the house you here talking about the house rent renewal.
Do landlords pay house rents in their own house too?

Well I believe the two outstanding words in the report are...
PRESENTED & ALTERNATIVE PERMANENT ACCOMODATION

I stand to be corrected but none of the above meant the house was a permanent deal (the phrase alternative permanent accomodation in the Nigerian context isn't the same with dictionary meaning).
I merely asked the OP to clarify because I didn't no N-Army owned a house on that street. So it's either it was bought or leased.
But about your comment on being given particulars of the house, it wasn't captured in the report by the OP. So I'm guessing ure conversant with the report happenings personally?
These were just the basis for my comment
Re: Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo) by trafftrade(m): 4:41pm On Sep 02, 2020
Corona virus has caused more havoc than good why not join us on this 3-days free training on how to earn as a freelancer on Fiverr

So what are you waiting for, click on the link below to join other great minds for FREE.

http://bit. ly/FIVERRCLASS

Please copy the link above and remove the space and put it on your phone browser to join the WhatsApp group for free.... Training start on Friday... join the early bird now, before the group get filled up...see you there.
Re: Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo) by seangy4konji: 5:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
good one.
Re: Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo) by Shivah: 6:58pm On Sep 02, 2020
Good move. The army needs to go further by putting in place a working institution that will cater for their aged and wounded so none will have to go through such after serving the nation, some paying with their lives. It will be a moral booster for the men
Re: Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo) by themmy07: 9:29am On Sep 04, 2020
God will shame your enemies!

Amen
Re: Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo) by msylva2147(m): 10:28pm On Sep 11, 2020
manduwem:

Well I believe the two outstanding words in the report are...
PRESENTED & ALTERNATIVE PERMANENT ACCOMODATION

I stand to be corrected but none of the above meant the house was a permanent deal (the phrase alternative permanent accomodation in the Nigerian context isn't the same with dictionary meaning).
I merely asked the OP to clarify because I didn't no N-Army owned a house on that street. So it's either it was bought or leased.
But about your comment on being given particulars of the house, it wasn't captured in the report by the OP. So I'm guessing ure conversant with the report happenings personally?
These were just the basis for my comment
Yeah I have the video where they presented the house to him and in appreciation he said this is the house he was not able to build but was given to him when he least expected.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees / Come Out To Protest On June 12 If You Think You Can—Nigerian Soldier Threatens / Why I Refused To Be Peter Obi's Running Mate – Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.