Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,108 members, 7,825,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

New Scamming System "every Body Bware" - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Scamming System "every Body Bware" (4953 Views)

How The Uk Is Scamming Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by walex25(m): 1:12pm On Feb 21, 2011
It really amaze me this days the way this yahoo boys scam people. But i imagine them trying to scam me,will they even trick me.
i almost fall for one this morning. i check my mail and i got this message that i have won DV lottery with my full name on it and my phone number, they now ask me to pay $800 as visa processing fee. seeing this mail i start jubilating that i have won DV lottery but letter something came to my head and i ask my self, did i even apply for DV lottery? No. but what widen my mouth most is that i have never use my surname on any forum or website except my school website. but how the hell did they get to know my surname and my phone number. thats the question i keep asking my self.
So any body with any info on how this guys (yahoo-boys) work should please give us. because is going to help.

1 Like

Re: New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by STEVEFAB: 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2011
i got the same message in my mail and quickly dismissed it. even if u applied and u were picked u will not be notified by e-mail. wonder how they got my name and phone number though.
Re: New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by justwise(m): 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2011
STEVEFAB:

i got the same message in my mail and quickly dismissed it. even if u applied and u were picked u will not be notified by e-mail. wonder how they got my name and phone number though.

Getting ur name or email address is not a problem for those thieves. They can get it anywhere online, from ur school, job advert u responded to, ur phone contract, social network sites, the list is endless.

When they get hold of all that person details, they classify it and use it for all sorts of crimes, including this or even sale it cheap to a third party.
Re: New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by Vicjustice: 5:13pm On Feb 21, 2011
Thanks for sharing. When you get suspicious emails as such, always check for misspellings, grammatical errors and poor compositions, these scammers are often not the most educated people to avoid these traits.
Re: New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by unipol(m): 7:56pm On Feb 21, 2011
Vicjustice:

Thanks for sharing. When you get suspicious emails as such, always check for misspellings, grammatical errors and poor compositions, these scammers are often not the most educated people to avoid these traits.

but there is no all these features you just mentioned, some of them are very educated and got into the job because of unemployment rate in naija.

my other advice here is that nobody should make any online donation to any charity organisation, because, you end up giving those 419ners your money.
Re: New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by 25omega(m): 9:57pm On Feb 21, 2011
so funny i attempted to make a post like this and i was banned from the forum
Re: New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by bbwollex(m): 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2011
I also apply for the lottery but what amused me was that this type of message the poster posted was exactly what was on my message, i dont know the real message differ frm the scammer.
How can someone differ real message of the lottery from the scammer?
Re: New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by justwise(m): 9:21pm On Feb 24, 2011
bbwollex:

I also apply for the lottery but what amused me was that this type of message the poster posted was exactly what was on my message, i dont know the real message differ frm the scammer.
How can someone differ real message of the lottery from the scammer?

If u have won they will send u a letter through the post and not email.
Re: New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by bbwollex(m): 9:36pm On Feb 24, 2011
HAHA!! I am currently not in 9ja now, my papa is an old man so no one would know may be letter is around
Re: New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by Davedavy: 10:36am On Feb 26, 2011
bbwollex:

HAHA!! I am currently not in 9ja now, my papa is an old man so no one would know may be letter is around

You can also check your status online by going to the official website,here is the link:  http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ from May 1,2011.

walex25:

It really amaze me this days the way this yahoo boys scam people. But i imagine them trying to scam me,will they even trick me.
i almost fall for one this morning. i check my mail and i got this message that i have won DV lottery with my full name on it and my phone number,  they now ask me to pay $800 as visa processing fee. seeing this mail i start jubilating that i have won DV lottery but letter something came to my head and i ask my self, did i even apply for DV lottery? No. but what widen my mouth most is that i have never use my surname on any forum or website except my school website. but how the hell did they get to know my surname and my phone number. thats the question i keep asking my self.
So any body with any info on how this guys (yahoo-boys) work should please give us. because is going to help.

What is the e-mail address of the sender,anything from ---(at)yahoo.com,---(at)gmail.com etc is definately a scam.Moreover,Department of state only notifies successful applicant by post.Another thing how were you supposed to pay the fee?Western Union?
Re: New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 27, 2011
YOU ALL ARE GETTING IT ALL WRONG!!!

THE INTRODUCTION OF BLACKBERRY BROADCAST IS LIKELY TO SEE MORE CONFINCING SPAMS THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY SSEING NOW

DO YOU KNOW 99% OF THOSE CV's YOU SUBMITE (ESPECIALLY THE ONES ADVERTISED BY BLACKBERRY ARE ALL FAKE)>

THISE PEOPLE NOW HAVE YOUR FULL NAMES, ADDRESS, E.MAIL, PHONE NUMBER, SCHOOL DETAILS E.T.C.

PASS THIS MESSAGE ACROSS ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT YOU DONT SEND DIRECTLY TO THE COMPANIE'S E.MAIL ADDRESS BUT RATHER TO AN INDIVIDUAL ADDRESS.

THIS PEOPLE KNOW NIGERIAN ARE HUNGRY FOR JOB AND HIGHER STATUS AND AS SUCH CAN ONLY GET SUCH DETAILS THROUGH OFFERING JOBS AND THE REST>
Re: New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by samtoye(m): 1:48pm On Feb 28, 2011
If you win a DV lottery, you would definitly get an e-mail notification, so don't get it twisted. The only way you know is there is always a US contact Number, call and you shall know them by their voice. Trust me if you are not greedy you would know a scam, like the guy that didn't apply but won a DV. These Scammers are mostly non intelligent people, our greed most times blind us to the hand writing on the wall.
Re: New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by Davedavy: 8:07pm On Feb 28, 2011
samtoye:

If you win a DV lottery, you would definitly get an e-mail notification, so don't get it twisted. The only way you know is there is always a US contact Number, call and you shall know them by their voice. Trust me if you are not greedy you would know a scam, like the guy that didn't apply but won a DV. These Scammers are mostly non intelligent people, our greed most times blind us to the hand writing on the wall.

I think you are wrong sir,according to the official website of the department of state;it says:

Fraud Warning

Fraudulent websites are posing as official U.S. government sites. Some companies posing as the U.S. government have sought money in order to "complete" DV entry forms. There is no charge to download and complete the Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form. To learn more, see the Department of State Warning and the Federal Trade Commission Warning.

The Department of State does NOT notify successful DV applicants by email. Entrants who completed online DV-2011 entries between October 2, 2009, and November 30, 2009, and who were selected in the random drawing  were notified by the Department of State, Kentucky Consular Center, by letter. Entrants can also check the status of their entries by returning to the website at http://www.dvlottery.state.gov from July 1, 2010, until June 30, 2011. [/b[b]]Entrants who completed online DV-2012 entries will not receive notification letters from the Kentucky Consular Center, and must check the status of their entries by returning to the website at http://www.dvlottery.state.gov on or after May 1, 2011, through June 30, 2012.
Entry Status Check

DV Program for 2011: Entrants who completed online DV-2011 entries through the official website can check the status of their entries by returning to the website at http://www.dvlottery.state.gov from July 1, 2010, until June 30, 2011. Entrants will need to use the information from their DV-2011 confirmation pages saved at the time of entry. The DV-2011 registration period was from October 2, 2009, until November 30, 2009. To review instructions for DV-2011 entrants and selectees, see Instructions for the 2011 Diversity Visa Program.

DV Program for 2012: Entrants who completed online DV-2012 entries through the official website can check the status of their entries by returning to the website at http://www.dvlottery.state.gov on or after May 1, 2011, through June 30, 2012.

Important Notice: Entry Status Check will be the ONLY means of informing you of your selection for DV-2012. All entrants, including those NOT selected, may check the status of their entries through the Entry Status Check on the E-DV website www.dvlottery.state.gov and find out if their entry was or was not selected. Entrants will need to use the information from their DV-2012 confirmation pages saved at the time of entry. The DV-2012 registration period was from October 5, 2010, until November 3, 2010. To review instructions for DV-2012 entrants and selectees, see Instructions for the 2012 Diversity Visa Program.
Lottery Selectee Notification and Next Steps
Re: New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by FELIX30(m): 9:41pm On Feb 28, 2011
Thank God i saw this topic.
the same mail came to my mail box and I hv been running around trying to confirm the authenticity of it. but this topic has saved me all the stress!!!!
Re: New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by FELIX30(m): 9:44pm On Feb 28, 2011
Wed, February 23, 2011 4:59:07 AMUSAFIS Organization - Diversity Visa (DV) winner
To: ------ <efccu@yahoo.com>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feeeeeee , You accepted to receive messages from USAFIS Organization on the following date: 2009-06-16T07:11:03.703

We wish to notify you that you have been selected as one of the Diversity Visa (DV) Program winner for receiving a United States
Permanent Resident Card. It is also known as the Green Card Lottery. The lottery has been administered on an annual basis
by the Department of State and conducted under the terms of Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
Section 131 of the Immigration Act of 1990 (Pub. L. 101-649) amended INA 203 to provide for a new class of immigrants known
as "diversity immigrants" (DV immigrants).
As part of the agreement we will issue A FREE Airline ticket from your country to the USA to claim your Green Card under
the American Green Card Lottery Program. The ticket will be sent via post mail at your address registered with us once your visa
will be remitted by the U.S department of State.
The U.S Department of State will should contact you soon with visa processing information and how to proceed further.

If you have any question regarding the visa please wait for the U.S Department of State to contact you as we do not have any competency to discuss further details with you.
What should you do now ?
Wait for the U.S Department of State to contact you and give you the information about visa processing and how to proceed further .

Best regards,
Costumer Service Team

The USAFIS Organization

this is the first mail sent to me.
Iwill paste the second one
Re: New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by FELIX30(m): 9:52pm On Feb 28, 2011
Wed, February 23, 2011 4:59:09 AMU.S. Department of State - Permanent Resident Card for[b] Feeeeeeeee[/b]
From: U.S. Department of State <gov.dvstates@usa.com>Add to Contacts
To: Feeeeeeee <ecu@yahoo.com>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S. Department of State sent this message to[b] F------- [/b] (ecu@yahoo.com)
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from U.S. Department of State. Congratulations, you've won !

Dear[b] F----------- [/b] ,
Congratulations ! You are among those randomly selected and registered for further consideration in the diversity immigrant program. Selection guarantees that
you will receive a United States Permanent Resident Card(also known as Green Card or Diversity Visa) only if you follow the instructions for further processing.

Acceptance Date: Wednesday 23rd of February 2011 03:57:44 AM

Winner Name: Feeeeeee

Country of Birth: Nigeria
Phone Number: 234-80-34

Is the Diversity Visa FREE ?
No. There is a big confusion. Only the participation in the Diversity Visa Lottery was free but the winners must pay the visa processing fees.
The fee is used to process your visa related documents and verify your identity.

Fees:

Type of Residence Card Status Amount (per person)
United States Permanent Resident Card Granted! - Waiting for payment of processing fee $880
Processing fees Included
Total $880

INSTRUCTIONS

Please read and follow all the instructions very carefully. With the Diversity Visa (also known as Green Card) you will enjoy all the advantages and benefits of a US permanent resident, including health and education benefits, and employment opportunities along with guidance in your new country, orientation sessions and programs to integrate into mainstream American society. Once received you can use it at any time you want to move in the United States or just travel. The visa must be renewed after 10 years.

Although you will have all the rights that a U.S. citizen has in the United States, without a relative or friend in the United States you may find the relocation difficult and expensive due the lack of experience in the American society. Therefore the U.S. Government helps you with the accommodation and offers you along with each visa Health Insurance (Freedom HSA Direct Individual Health insurance for 1 year), Dwelling(Apartment in any city you prefer, 1 bedroom for 3 months ), a guaranteed job(in the field that you are are currently qualified so you can start working even from the first week you arrive in the United States and get paid as U.S citizen. ) and education (for U.S. Students or Higher Education through EducationUSA. It includes transfer to a U.S college or Univeristy so you can continue your educational study. More details can be found at http://educationusa.state.gov/ .)

We remind you that only the visa processing fee ($880) is mandatory and the visa is guaranteed upon receiving the payment.

Accompanying family members(wife/husband, fiancee, brothers, sisters, children, cousins) may be included in the program and their visas will be provided at the same time with yours so you can travel/move together in the same time. However the fees must be paid per person and each member(e.g wife, brother, parents, children, cousin) must pay $880. There is no discount for children.

Visa Payment processing instructions
The fees must be paid using Western Union money transfer and will be processed by the U.S. embassy in the United Kingdom.
Western Union is a leading provider of International person-to-person money transfer. With more than 150 years experience and 245,000 Agent locations in over 200 countries and territories, Western Union is recognized for sending money quickly, reliably, and safety.
You can send the payment in U.S. dollars or equivalent of your local currency.

Click on the following link to find the nearest Western Union agency and send the fees payment :
Find Western Union Agency
If you are unable to find a Western Union agency near your location, you may ask a relative or friend to pay the fee on your behalf.

After you find a Western Union agency you need to go with cash money, an identity card(e.g passport or national identity card) and send the payment to the U.S. embassy agent address in United Kingdom:

Name : David Zakharoff
Address: 24 Grosvenor Square
London, W1A 2LQ
United Kingdom

The payment must be sent to the above U.S. embassy agent address in United Kingdom because the U.S. Government decided this based on the diplomatic relations with your country.

After you send the payment follow the next steps :
a) Email copy/scan of the Western Union receipt at gov.dvstate@usa.com
b) Email at gov.dvstate@usa.com with the following details (you can find them on the money transfer receipt):

1) Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN):
2) Exact sender's name on file with Western Union:
3) Exact sender's address on file with Western Union:
4) Exact receiver's name on file with Western Union:
5) Amount sent:

Then wait for the confirmation that the payment was received.

Within 72 hours, you will receive a confirmation via email with your Case Number/Confirmation Number and exact date and time(approx. 2 days) of the final interview. Upon successful interview you will receive your documents and travel information to move in the United States. Under no circumstances your visa status won't be affected by the interview.

Important Notice!

The payment must be sent via Western Union no later than March 10, 2011. You are strongly encouraged not to wait until the last day to pay. Heavy demand may result in system delays.
Under no circumstances can diversity visas be issued or adjustments approved after this date, nor can family members obtain diversity visas to follow-to-join the principal applicant in the U.S. after this date.
The visa processing fee(US$ 880) is mandatory for each person and the U.S. Government doesn't offer any discount, loan or exception.
You have been selected winner of the Diversity Visa lottery so the visa is guaranteed upon receiving the payment fees on time.
A hard copy of this letter will be mailed to your postal address upon receiving the payment fees.
Please be advised that even through you are a winner of Diversity Visa your Case Number/Confirmation Number will be provided only after you send the payment confirmation of the fees. Please do not contact us to ask for the Case Number/Confirmation Number.

If it would be necessary to contact the U.S. Department of state YOU MUST ALWAYS REFER TO YOUR NAME. The email address is gov.dvstate@usa.com

thats the second one.

the bold words are edited.

Let every one of us be careful!!!!
Re: New Scamming System "every Body Bware" by overloved(m): 10:55am On Apr 01, 2011
na wa o. This format rich die. But dem no go succeed. Lets the news spread and our people shud be aware of the new tricks.

(1) (Reply)

Top 27 Countries With Significant Nigerian Populations / My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) / New USA VISA Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.