Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,476 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

UK Or Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Or Canada (4837 Views)

After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? / Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? / Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Or Canada by Blurpy: 1:02pm On Jan 20, 2022
These are the two main destinations Nigerians chooses to go when thinking of migrating abroad. It was USA some time ago but the visa policy has stiffened for USA.
Now Canada and UK are trending places to go for international studies.
UK offers a post study work permit of two years for a one year masters program to find a Sponsored job that will enable him or her get on a tier 2 visa. After getting such job, after working for five years, you then apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) which is similar to permanent residency in Canada. You can apply for citizenship after 12 months of getting your ILR

Canada offers a one year post graduate work permit for one year masters program and three years post graduate work permit for a two year masters program. You would look for a job in NOC A, B or O which are skilled and managerial positions. After working for a year, you can apply for Permanent Residency through the Canadian Experience Class in the Express Entry. After 3 years of Permanent Residency, you apply for Citizenship.

There's a rumour that the life in UK is very tough, it's hard to get their papers, tax is very high compared to Canada.
However, I love the UK due to its multiculturalism and feels a bit closer to home and it's less harsher weather. I'm scared of loneliness.
I'm a pharmacist by profession. I want to make the right decisions.
I normally see people migrating from UK to Canada, I hardly see the opposite.
I'm just confused . I want to migrate via study route.
Our brothers in UK and Canada, Kindly enlighten us , their pros and cons.
Cc: ednut1, Canadaishome

1 Like

Re: UK Or Canada by ednut1(m): 3:34pm On Jan 20, 2022
You already answered your own questions bro
Re: UK Or Canada by BunmiBie: 11:02pm On Jan 20, 2022
Op! Like ednut said you answered your question already. It now boils down to what you want. Note that no place is perfect on Earth.
So make your choice.

However, if you have the money and you want to relocate quickly, UK is the answer but if you have the patience then Canada is it.

4 Likes

Re: UK Or Canada by Raalsalghul: 11:20pm On Jan 20, 2022
BunmiBie:
Op! Like ednut said you answered your question already. It now boils down to what you want. Note that no place is perfect on Earth.
So make your choice.

However, if you have the money and you want to relocate quickly, UK is the answer but if you have the patience then Canada is it.

Perfect answer!

1 Like

Re: UK Or Canada by chiago95(m): 11:15am On Jan 21, 2022
See enh. My advice for you.

Start processing UK Study Visa.
Migrate with your family as dependents or yourself only.

Apply for 1 year masters, get done with it and apply for post study work visa. If you feel you are comfortable with the system, remain in the UK.

If not process study visa for canada or apply for their skilled worker express entry or a masters degree again since you must have made a lot of money in pounds.

My take. Choose UK first. You wont regret it.

12 Likes

Re: UK Or Canada by Blurpy: 1:56pm On Jan 21, 2022
Hmmm...I get your point
chiago95:

Apply for 1 year masters, get done with it and apply for post study work visa. If you feel you are comfortable with the system, remain in the UK.

If not process study visa for canada or apply for their skilled worker express entry or a masters degree again since you must have made a lot of money in pounds.

Re: UK Or Canada by Breezy90(m): 3:55pm On Jan 21, 2022
Blurpy:
These are the two main destinations Nigerians chooses to go when thinking of migrating abroad. It was USA some time ago but the visa policy has stiffened for USA.
Now Canada and UK are trending places to go for international studies.
UK offers a post study work permit of two years for a one year masters program to find a Sponsored job that will enable him or her get on a tier 2 visa. After getting such job, after working for five years, you then apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) which is similar to permanent residency in Canada. You can apply for citizenship after 12 months of getting your ILR

Canada offers a one year post graduate work permit for one year masters program and three years post graduate work permit for a two year masters program. You would look for a job in NOC A, B or O which are skilled and managerial positions. After working for a year, you can apply for Permanent Residency through the Canadian Experience Class in the Express Entry. After 3 years of Permanent Residency, you apply for Citizenship.

There's a rumour that the life in UK is very tough, it's hard to get their papers, tax is very high compared to Canada.
However, I love the UK due to its multiculturalism and feels a bit closer to home and it's less harsher weather. I'm scared of loneliness.
I'm a pharmacist by profession. I want to make the right decisions.
I normally see people migrating from UK to Canada, I hardly see the opposite.
I'm just confused . I want to migrate via study route.
Our brothers in UK and Canada, Kindly enlighten us , their pros and cons.
Cc: ednut1, Canadaishome
brother man, the Canada route for express entry might be a long road now, if you can start the study route and you have your money you should get it..if not start your ospap process in Uk.the goal is just to leave here.As men of honors we join hands

4 Likes

Re: UK Or Canada by Uyigue12(m): 5:24pm On Jan 21, 2022
Pls can anybody help in putting me through how to get a cheap school in UK for study visa route pls

1 Like

Re: UK Or Canada by MufasaLion: 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2022
Uyigue12:
Pls can anybody help in putting me through how to get a cheap school in UK for study visa route pls

UK study route is not difficult. It's easy and you can do it yourself.

1 Like

Re: UK Or Canada by Blurpy: 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2022
Thanks Man...I appreciate
Breezy90:
brother man, the Canada route for express entry might be a long road now, if you can start the study route and you have your money you should get it..if not start your ospap process in Uk.the goal is just to leave here.As men of honors we join hands
Re: UK Or Canada by simple87: 9:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
If you really want to practise here in UK as a foreign trained pharmacist, d requirements are daunting but surmountable, and that is one reason why UK is not a popular destination for pharmacists particularly from Nigeria. However, if you want to move to UK through schooling without the immediate plan to practise here, then is all good. Living expenses are quite high in both countries, but with UK NHS, pension scheme, and transportation system, I will always pick UK...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Or Canada by Uyigue12(m): 2:08am On Jan 25, 2022
MufasaLion:

UK study route is not difficult. It's easy and you can do it yourself.
bro can you out me through some cheap schools for msc as an agent is charging me 200k to get the school for me
Re: UK Or Canada by steadyMoving22: 2:30am On Jan 25, 2022
Uyigue12:
bro can you out me through some cheap schools for msc as an agent is charging me 200k to get the school for me

U can do it ursef.
Re: UK Or Canada by Blurpy: 2:33am On Jan 25, 2022
Thanks very much for your opinion. I appreciate
simple87:
If you really want to practise here in UK as a foreign trained pharmacist, d requirements are daunting but surmountable, and that is one reason why UK is not a popular destination for pharmacists particularly from Nigeria. However, if you want to move to UK through schooling without the immediate plan to practise here, then is all good. Living expenses are quite high in both countries, but with UK NHS, pension scheme, and transportation system, I will always pick UK...
Re: UK Or Canada by Blurpy: 2:36am On Jan 25, 2022
Bro, all you need to do is to get a good laptop and phone with internet.
Google your preferred course and put UK at the end...e.g "MSc Business Administration UK"
Check the schools that pop up, check their Tuition for international student to know.
If you have your transcript and passport, apply straight away. Something that has been made easy!
Uyigue12:
Re: UK Or Canada by biglizzy: 5:15am On Jan 25, 2022
Please does going to the UK via study visa with ones family allow a member of the family to access employment while the main applicant is still studying?
Re: UK Or Canada by Sharonpeters407: 5:34am On Jan 25, 2022
Good morning everyone
Please I need your opinion and advice .. Am a Bsc holder in Sociology 2.2 but I wanna to go for masters in Human Resources management.. is it possible ? And also which country is the best for me to run a master programme between Uk and Canada with my result and choice of course ? … please I need to be enlightened… help a sister ��
Re: UK Or Canada by Blurpy: 7:15am On Jan 25, 2022
Yes,Spouse only
biglizzy:
Please does going to the UK via study visa with ones family allow a member of the family to access employment while the main applicant is still studying?
Re: UK Or Canada by Blurpy: 7:16am On Jan 25, 2022
UK
Sharonpeters407:
Good morning everyone
Plest for me to run a master programme between Uk and Canada with my result and choice of course ? … please I need to be enlightened… help a sister ��
Re: UK Or Canada by MufasaLion: 7:46am On Jan 25, 2022
Uyigue12:

The agent is just trying to make money out of your ignorance. I can put you through without collecting a dime. You ain't the first person I will put through.

2 Likes

Re: UK Or Canada by biglizzy: 8:36am On Jan 25, 2022
MufasaLion:

The agent is just trying to make money out of your ignorance. I can put you through without collecting a dime. You ain't the first person I will put through.
Following
Re: UK Or Canada by MufasaLion: 8:38am On Jan 25, 2022
biglizzy:

Following

kiss
Re: UK Or Canada by Uyigue12(m): 9:13am On Jan 25, 2022
Blurpy:
Bro, all you need to do is to get a good laptop and phone with internet.
Google your preferred course and put UK at the end...e.g "MSc Business Administration UK"
Check the schools that pop up, check their Tuition for international student to know.
If you have your transcript and passport, apply straight away. Something that has been made easy!
I have a laptop and a phone just it's like the schools are not replying
Re: UK Or Canada by Uyigue12(m): 9:14am On Jan 25, 2022
MufasaLion:

pls sir I will be so great full if you can do that for me sir
Re: UK Or Canada by MufasaLion: 9:29am On Jan 25, 2022
Uyigue12:
pls sir I will be so great full if you can do that for me sir

You can DM and we'll talk via mail.
Re: UK Or Canada by Opaslim24789: 12:03pm On Jan 25, 2022
Biometric Nov 3 ….Refused � �…I never collect my passport ooo since last week Wednesday

Re: UK Or Canada by ednut1(m): 12:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
Opaslim24789:
Biometric Nov 3 ….Refused � �…I never collect my passport ooo since last week Wednesday
appeal. The useless visa officer made an error. You planned to stay 14 days . He is saying it is over stipulated 6months. How he take pass maths lol. Also if you earn 1m your account balance should be higher than that 4m.

1 Like

Re: UK Or Canada by tolurx(m): 1:31pm On Jan 25, 2022
simple87:
I have also been making research about the OSPAP program, but the initial adjudication by GPhC before you get a school makes it a bit more complex and might take more time. Plus its a bit more expensive with only a few school offering the program. Would it be okay to do an MPH program initially and the go for the PGDip program during your Post study visa period
Re: UK Or Canada by simple87: 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2022
tolurx:

I have also been making research about the OSPAP program, but the initial adjudication by GPhC before you get a school makes it a bit more complex and might take more time. Plus its a bit more expensive with only a few school offering the program. Would it be okay to do an MPH program initially and the go for the PGDip program during your Post study visa period

Really is kind of tricky but I will advise you to come with the MPH, you will always find your way around here. I have a friend who is a dentist and came in through master. There are opportunities to get things right, provided you can add value to the system.
Re: UK Or Canada by desi10mi: 2:38am On Jan 27, 2022
biglizzy:

Yes.. the main applicant can work for 20 hours only but the partner can work
Re: UK Or Canada by desi10mi: 2:39am On Jan 27, 2022
chiago95:

This is the best
Re: UK Or Canada by desi10mi: 2:40am On Jan 27, 2022
MufasaLion:

Please put me through

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Employment Visa In Dubai / Ikorodu(lagos) - Oshogb,offa Road (osun)in Pictures. / High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.