Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Reverse Mode On Toyota Corolla Making Noise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reverse Mode On Toyota Corolla Making Noise (1004 Views)

Advise On Toyota Avalon 2006 / This ₦990k Made-In-Nigeria Keke Comes With Doors & Front/Reverse Cameras / Why Is Your Car Making Noise When Reversing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reverse Mode On Toyota Corolla Making Noise by Kayodedavies101: 12:07am On Sep 02, 2020
I recently made a trip from ibadan to ekiti...when i came back I notice that anytime I put my car into reverse mode...and i press the breake pedal...it give a ratting noise....am confused...
Note it only make this kind of noise when it in reverse mode....i don't know what could have gone wrong
Pls what can I do to solve this issue and this car is toks just 1 month old.
Car model....toyota corrolla 2010 sport..
Re: Reverse Mode On Toyota Corolla Making Noise by Odion2016(m): 12:19am On Sep 02, 2020
Most times,,na shaft...change it and have peace of mind...
Re: Reverse Mode On Toyota Corolla Making Noise by Kayodedavies101: 12:22am On Sep 02, 2020
Odion2016:
Most times,,na shaft...change it and have peace of mind...
Pls how muxh will the shift cost me...i was actually thinking that it was the breake pad because the noise is coming from the bonnet not from the back
Re: Reverse Mode On Toyota Corolla Making Noise by DGD1(m): 6:34am On Sep 02, 2020
Also check the engine mounts.

I've experienced it before.
Re: Reverse Mode On Toyota Corolla Making Noise by Odion2016(m): 7:41am On Sep 02, 2020
Kayodedavies101:

Pls how muxh will the shift cost me...i was actually thinking that it was the breake pad because the noise is coming from the bonnet not from the back

Nop..brake pad sounds like whistle..
10-15k max will fix it....
Yea..shaft is in the front..under the bonnet around the wheels..
Re: Reverse Mode On Toyota Corolla Making Noise by Kayodedavies101: 9:33am On Sep 02, 2020
Odion2016:

Nop..brake pad sounds like whistle..
10-15k max will fix it....
Yea..shaft is in the front..under the bonnet around the wheels..
this rumblings sound come out of the bonnet whenever I press d breake...thanks bro for your concern
Re: Reverse Mode On Toyota Corolla Making Noise by Kayodedavies101: 9:34am On Sep 02, 2020
DGD1:
Also check the engine mounts.

I've experienced it before.
this is a tok car...just 1 month old....if is the mount then d sound should be coming when is in d drive mode too
Re: Reverse Mode On Toyota Corolla Making Noise by Odion2016(m): 9:39am On Sep 02, 2020
Kayodedavies101:
this rumblings sound come out of the bonnet whenever I press d breake...thanks bro for your concern

Yea...same with my camry...its d shaft..nd its wen u r reversing and evn more when turning ur wheels and u match the brakes..
You are welcome...
P.S...its not an emergency tho the sounds can be annoying...
When its fully bad,,it will happen even while u r going forward and turning ur wheels,,u wl hear somfin like Kakakakaka...
Re: Reverse Mode On Toyota Corolla Making Noise by Kayodedavies101: 9:43am On Sep 02, 2020
Odion2016:

Yea...same with my camry...its d shaft..nd its wen u r reversing and evn more when turning ur wheels and u match the brakes..
You are welcome...
P.S...its not an emergency tho the sounds can be annoying...
When its fully bad,,it will happen even while u r going forward and turning ur wheels,,u wl hear somfin like Kakakakaka...
Am thinking of going to the dealer office today because there should be guarantee of qtleast 3 month...2.7m no be small money

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Kazorler Does Exquisite Car Upholstery / My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! / Get This Car At A Good Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.