Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? (68682 Views)

How Do I Make Poison And Kill 3 Big Monitor Lazard Coming Close To My Properties / See My Monitor Lizards, It Was Very Small Now It's Getting Bigger (photos) / Check Out The Big Monitor Lizard I Saw Behind My Office Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by emperorzz(m): 8:40pm On Sep 02, 2020
Finally!! A man that thinks with all his full brain....not everytime pepper soup pepper soup pepper soup! Haba!!
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by brainhgeek(m): 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2020
Monitor lizards can grow waY way bigger than that.
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Laboni: 9:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
lilmummy:
Please, I need info about where I can collect my Waec certificate, I did my exams at Oshodi, year 2014.pls treat this with urgency. Thank in advance.
If May/June, go to the school where you wrote the exam, if Nov/Dec, go to Waec office in the state where you wrote the exam.
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by AssistantJesus1: 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2020
Bunnatex:
Hmmm.. This is scary
very mush scary
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by bjprodint(f): 9:09pm On Sep 02, 2020
Openbusiness:
Monitor lizards have different sizes, and the biggest or giant size monitor lizard species is the Komodo Dragon. Monitor lizards are dangerous. They are VENOMOUS creatures and the potency of the venom as per if it can kill a human being depends on the size of the monitor lizard that bites you. A komodo dragon has enough venom to kill an adult human being, the smaller monitor lizards their venom can do some damage to your tissues and cause pain, but it's not strong enough to kill. Also monitor lizards mouths are full of dangerous bacteria, so if they bite you, even without venom been injected, the heavy colony of bacteria in their mouth can cause infection if it gets into your blood stream. IN CONCLUSION, avoid contact with monitor lizards. If you don't have a weapon and you see the small type of monitor lizards, drive them away, but if you see the giant type aka Komodo Dragon, RUN AWAY. It hunts and kills and eats FLESH or MEAT. Komodo dragons will hunt and kill cows and bufallo. Very very dangerous creature. If you don't have a 15mm machine gun in your hand, just run if you see a Komodo Dragon. It is very strong, very fast (don't let the size deceive you), runs as fast as a typical lizard will and it is brutal, it always aims to KILL. A komodo dragon can outrun a human being, so if you see it coming from 1km away, just start running, don't wait till it gets close. Because the hunting strategy of the Komodo Dragon is to charge and make a fast sprint to bite a prey, just one bite is what it needs, then as the prey struggles to escape, it won't bother stressing itself again, it will just keep following slowly, their tongue is like a snake, so it has a very powerful sense of detection, it will just keep following and following slowly and let the venom do the work. And as the prey is running away, the venom spreads and the prey gets weaker and weaker until it can't run again and has some kind of paralysis. Then the Komodo Dragon will use its tongue to track down and determine the location of the prey and will eventually catch up and find it and eat it alive. Very very dangerous creature. See a giant monitor lizard in action below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jguoDaTmRl0
wow!

1 Like

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by illicit(m): 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
Pearly255:

Nigerians and the mentality of always wanting any animals that cross their paths dead.. lol

Abeg dash me o I need am as pet kiss

kiss
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by AngelicBeing: 9:16pm On Sep 02, 2020
Kriss216:
You would have gotten a first hand explanation and information from that man. No, you have to snap and post here, knowing fully well this is one guy's specialty and he will not hesitate to push this to FP to satisfy his conscience.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Goalnaldo(m): 9:34pm On Sep 02, 2020
AuntRose:
Designers monitor lizard... Why is he carrying it as if it is a collateral for a loan angry angry
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Valdblngx: 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2020
Openbusiness:
Monitor lizards have different sizes, and the biggest or giant size monitor lizard species is the Komodo Dragon. Monitor lizards are dangerous. They are VENOMOUS creatures and the potency of the venom as per if it can kill a human being depends on the size of the monitor lizard that bites you. A komodo dragon has enough venom to kill an adult human being, the smaller monitor lizards their venom can do some damage to your tissues and cause pain, but it's not strong enough to kill. Also monitor lizards mouths are full of dangerous bacteria, so if they bite you, even without venom been injected, the heavy colony of bacteria in their mouth can cause infection if it gets into your blood stream. IN CONCLUSION, avoid contact with monitor lizards. If you don't have a weapon and you see the small type of monitor lizards, drive them away, but if you see the giant type aka Komodo Dragon, RUN AWAY. It hunts and kills and eats FLESH or MEAT. Komodo dragons will hunt and kill cows and bufallo. Very very dangerous creature. If you don't have a 15mm machine gun in your hand, just run if you see a Komodo Dragon. It is very strong, very fast (don't let the size deceive you), runs as fast as a typical lizard will and it is brutal, it always aims to KILL. A komodo dragon can outrun a human being, so if you see it coming from 1km away, just start running, don't wait till it gets close. Because the hunting strategy of the Komodo Dragon is to charge and make a fast sprint to bite a prey, just one bite is what it needs, then as the prey struggles to escape, it won't bother stressing itself again, it will just keep following slowly, their tongue is like a snake, so it has a very powerful sense of detection, it will just keep following and following slowly and let the venom do the work. And as the prey is running away, the venom spreads and the prey gets weaker and weaker until it can't run again and has some kind of paralysis. Then the Komodo Dragon will use its tongue to track down and determine the location of the prey and will eventually catch up and find it and eat it alive. Very very dangerous creature. See a giant monitor lizard in action below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jguoDaTmRl0

Damn! Komodo really brutal...the video not for the fainthearted

3 Likes

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by inumidun2010(m): 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2020
lilmummy:
Please, I need info about where I can collect my Waec certificate, I did my exams at Oshodi, year 2014.pls treat this with urgency. Thank in advance.
Is the Exam May/June or Private Aka GCE(Nov/Dec)
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by phr0nesis(m): 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2020
xynerise:
Some are bigger. But don't mistake Komodo Dragon for this else na die dey hungry you
Komodos are also monitor lizards
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
AuntRose:
Designers monitor lizard... Why is he carrying it as if it is a collateral for a loan angry angry

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Poloyanabo2(m): 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
sagitariusbaby:
Monitor lizards are not known to be a threat to man. They are not poisonous neither can they bite. Its meat taste like upgraded catfish
Hope you know the komodo dragon is also a monitor lizard?
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Skmoda360(m): 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2020
bjprodint:
A man came beside my shop to greet his friends with this hanging on his shoulder,is this what is called a monitor lizard?is it also a pet?it was alive.Are monitor lizard dangerous?

Some are bigger than this.......I have chase one down the swamp in my school back then and it was very big...

Dangerous, yes they have venom but not all.... undecided

1 Like

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Poloyanabo2(m): 10:09pm On Sep 02, 2020
Monitor lizards grow up to 3times that size and they're man eaters too eg. the komodo dragon
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Poloyanabo2(m): 10:09pm On Sep 02, 2020
Monitor lizards grow up to 3times that size and they're man eaters too eg. the komodo dragon....
their bite is venomous.
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Skmoda360(m): 10:13pm On Sep 02, 2020
bjprodint:
you know me before?

since 2013,my topic is just making front page,i am so happy!
Kill one snake and post it, your topic will enter front page sharpaly.... undecided
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Thazard(m): 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Nor mind them.... just to ask questions na wahalar
Them go dey form and behave like angels for outside whereas them be tigers for house

lol, just like my siblings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by tylesh(f): 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2020
Kriss216:
You would have gotten a first hand explanation and information from that man. No, you have to snap and post here, knowing fully well this is one guy's specialty and he will not hesitate to push this to FP to satisfy his conscience.
Very well said
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Hongkongfukid(m): 10:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
Its teeth contain alot of bacteria . if untreated when bitten , one can die of infection
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Lamasta(m): 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
bjprodint:
A man came beside my shop to greet his friends with this hanging on his shoulder,is this what is called a monitor lizard?is it also a pet?it was alive.Are monitor lizard dangerous?
Are You sure that is not Lalasticlala holding that Lizard snake grin
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by ebig21(m): 11:11pm On Sep 02, 2020
sagitariusbaby:
Monitor lizards are not known to be a threat to man. They are not poisonous neither can they bite. Its meat taste like upgraded catfish

Are you sure, don't get bitten by Komodo Dragon, they are monitor lizard too.
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by HolyTitus(m): 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2020
Huhhh, why you allow ham shock you nah. abi no be the abokis again
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Zeroenochone(m): 12:39am On Sep 03, 2020
Cutiee smiley
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 03, 2020
bjprodint:

They are usually long, like 6 feet, but it's small and van cause small bites.

It cant kill a man
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by TheCork(m): 1:53am On Sep 03, 2020
cho25bc:

You for approach the man to ask him directly nah and come here to relay his answers to us. It would have help to educate us as well. You shouldnt be scared to go close to him if you were not scared to snap pictures.

Can u accept 200 naira, cash? cheesy
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by dragunov: 3:20am On Sep 03, 2020
bjprodint:

This monitor is still growing. By the time its fully grown, its scale will be pitch black and it will be like several feet long and several feet wide. And they are carnivores.
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by ksly24(m): 3:22am On Sep 03, 2020
sagitariusbaby:
The komodo dragon(a specie of monitor lizard) is known have a venomous bite, so they aren't harmless
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Organs(m): 4:08am On Sep 03, 2020
RemoveKebab:
I like to have it as pet smiley

Pet? You, Naija man? I don't trust you. Just 1 week lockdown, you will roast it and eat it.
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Kojiek: 5:31am On Sep 03, 2020
WETIN THE LIZARD DEY MONITOR WEY MAKE AM BE MONITOR LIZARD? I JUST WAN KNOW ABEG.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Robby My DDR German Shepherd / Nigerian Dwarf-Goat Kid Celebrated In England (photos) / Baby Snake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.