Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,145 members, 7,825,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? (68702 Views)

How Do I Make Poison And Kill 3 Big Monitor Lazard Coming Close To My Properties / See My Monitor Lizards, It Was Very Small Now It's Getting Bigger (photos) / Check Out The Big Monitor Lizard I Saw Behind My Office Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by bjprodint(f): 7:47pm On Sep 02, 2020
mansakhalifa:

You gain nothing from being afraid.
If you seek knowledge, then go all out and get it.
The curious always conquer.
not in this case uncle.
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by AUMAN: 7:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
No be you the man come greet for your shop.So wetin be your business to know whether the lizard is a monitor one or CPU?
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by MJBOLT: 7:49pm On Sep 02, 2020
the bigger the lizard,the more expensive it is to take care of it.

RemoveKebab:
I like to have it as pet smiley
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by stanliwise(m): 7:49pm On Sep 02, 2020
iamoyindamola:

What is this undecided
Never checked that though. Thanks for the info
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
bjprodint:
not in this case uncle.

LOl...

The cautious type, I see.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by cho25bc(f): 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
bjprodint:
A man came beside my shop to greet his friends with this hanging on his shoulder,is this what is called a monitor lizard?is it also a pet?it was alive.Are monitor lizard dangerous?

You for approach the man to ask him directly nah and come here to relay his answers to us. It would have help to educate us as well. You shouldnt be scared to go close to him if you were not scared to snap pictures.
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by AreaFada2: 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2020
bjprodint:
A man came beside my shop to greet his friends with this hanging on his shoulder,is this what is called a monitor lizard?is it also a pet?it was alive.Are monitor lizard dangerous?

It can be as long as 3 meters. Especially Kommodo dragon.

There are several species. I have seen slightly bigger ones than that in the picture.
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by jidxin(m): 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2020
iamoyindamola:

It's venomous, I don't know if it's to human
lol its not venomous at all oga
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by RemoveKebab: 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2020
MJBOLT:
the bigger the lizard,the more expensive it is to take care of it.

so na to end am for pot, ba cry
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by AreaFada2: 7:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
bjprodint:

It can be as long as 3 meters. Especially Komodo dragon.
There are several species. I have seen slightly bigger ones than that in the picture.

2 Likes

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by chatinent: 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
It's all right.
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by jidxin(m): 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2020
osazsky:
its saliva contains bacteria o..especially staph and it bites .its just that this one has been domesticated..just like some snakes too.kia see Bush meat.the only animal that tastes like chicken but it's not chicken and the meat is a bit stronger than chicken.if u have eaten chicken u have eaten monitor lizard
stop passing wrong info, Google is your friend. Its not poisonous, it doesn't bite, when threatened it uses its tail

1 Like

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Toscarel: 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
xynerise:
Some are bigger. But don't mistake Komodo Dragon for this else na die dey hungry you

Komodo dragons no dey this part of the world, so ya safe.
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Zenithpeak(m): 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
I've seen a bigger one killed by one hausa man around Asejire river, the boarder line between Osun and Oyo State.

The man was carrying it by the road side along the express waiting for any interested buyer. OmG, see cars and buses pulling over to grace the NatGeoWild size Monitor Lizard.

2 Likes

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Deborah98(f): 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
I don't know anyone ooo angry
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by chuka5000(m): 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
bjprodint:

this one na baby, adult monitor lizards are unbelievably big

2 Likes

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by ikorodureporta: 8:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
Na person b day...d guy just charm una eyes

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by uuzba(m): 8:09pm On Sep 02, 2020
Benjaniblinks:
grin
Lalasticlala somebody dey Play with food o
Some years ago, one such lizard was crawling on top of my fence. My neighbours were angry with us in my house, saying we are the ones that brought such creature around. Ok O. I took the insult and let that one pass.
Na im one day, this lizard grew big like in this picture, and was catwalking on our fence again, then it fell on my side.
Long story short
I did suya with half, and gave the other half to one security Hausa guy.

It was very sweet. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Emotionss: 8:09pm On Sep 02, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
bjprodint:
i was too scared of going close to the guy.i zoomed in the picture.we were amazed

A mature monitor lizard is 4 times bigger than that in size. And no I am not talking about its bigger and venomous brother the komodo dragons

4 Likes

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by ipobarethieves: 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2020
sad Amiibaby and Soneh see the same man today in jos.Bjprodint u sure say nor be akudaya u see/ABI nah Ur friend send u d pic wey u take credit for? Jos to Abuja far nah

1 Like

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Iceberg3: 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2020
It's brain is the size of a typical conehead's. grin
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by iamoyindamola(m): 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2020
jidxin:
lol its not venomous at all oga
What's your own definition of venomous
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by bjprodint(f): 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2020
ipobarethieves:
sad Amiibaby and Soneh see the same man today in His.Bjprodint u sure say nor be akudaya u see/ABI nah Ur friend send u d pic wey u take credit for? Jos to Abuja far nah
i took the pictures myself.i for interview the monitor lizard,con snap pictures with the animal before you go believe?

1 Like

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by ShoeShineGuy: 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2020
xynerise:
Some are bigger. But don't mistake Komodo Dragon for this else na die dey hungry you

Very good advice.. KD's saliva alone na bacterial poison. Lalastic, keep off our animals!
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by muller101(m): 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2020
Kriss216:
You would have gotten a first hand explanation and information from that man. No, you have to snap and post here, knowing fully well this is one guy's specialty and he will not hesitate to push this to FP to satisfy his conscience.
I wonder why people finds it difficult to do a common research. He only need to see it on FP.
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by muller101(m): 8:25pm On Sep 02, 2020
bjprodint:
i was too scared of going close to the guy.i zoomed in the picture.we were amazed
To scared to gain info.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by ipobarethieves: 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2020
bjprodint:
i took the pictures myself.i for interview the monitor lizard,con snap pictures with the animal before you go believe?
Anyway, Amiibaby and Soneh see his twins in jos with d same monitor lizard, clothes
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by olumide81(m): 8:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
I think I saw this somewhere around Oke gada, Ede.
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by firestar(f): 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2020
undecided
Oh you mean this?

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by noblealuu: 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2020
sagitariusbaby:
Monitor lizards are not known to be a threat to man. They are not poisonous neither can they bite. Its meat taste like upgraded catfish

That thing sweet die
Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by Openbusiness: 8:37pm On Sep 02, 2020
bjprodint:
Monitor lizards have different sizes, and the biggest or giant size monitor lizard species is the Komodo Dragon. Monitor lizards are dangerous. They are VENOMOUS creatures and the potency of the venom as per if it can kill a human being depends on the size of the monitor lizard that bites you. A komodo dragon has enough venom to kill an adult human being, the smaller monitor lizards their venom can do some damage to your tissues and cause pain, but it's not strong enough to kill. Also monitor lizards mouths are full of dangerous bacteria, so if they bite you, even without venom been injected, the heavy colony of bacteria in their mouth can cause infection if it gets into your blood stream. IN CONCLUSION, avoid contact with monitor lizards. If you don't have a weapon and you see the small type of monitor lizards, drive them away, but if you see the giant type aka Komodo Dragon, RUN AWAY. It hunts and kills and eats FLESH or MEAT. Komodo dragons will hunt and kill cows and bufallo. Very very dangerous creature. If you don't have a 15mm machine gun in your hand, just run if you see a Komodo Dragon. It is very strong, very fast (don't let the size deceive you), runs as fast as a typical lizard will and it is brutal, it always aims to KILL. A komodo dragon can outrun a human being, so if you see it coming from 1km away, just start running, don't wait till it gets close. Because the hunting strategy of the Komodo Dragon is to charge and make a fast sprint to bite a prey, just one bite is what it needs, then as the prey struggles to escape, it won't bother stressing itself again, it will just keep following slowly, their tongue is like a snake, so it has a very powerful sense of detection, it will just keep following and following slowly and let the venom do the work. And as the prey is running away, the venom spreads and the prey gets weaker and weaker until it can't run again and has some kind of paralysis. Then the Komodo Dragon will use its tongue to track down and determine the location of the prey and will eventually catch up and find it and eat it alive. Very very dangerous creature. See a giant monitor lizard in action below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jguoDaTmRl0

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? by sandysaint: 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2020
It's an iguana

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Dwarf-Goat Kid Celebrated In England (photos) / Baby Snake / Meet Robby My DDR German Shepherd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.