Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. (23243 Views)

Nigerian Universities Break Into Top 500 World University Ranking / University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by milann: 8:51am On Sep 03, 2020
Tedderites to the world. UI our home, Queenites our wives

1 Like

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Ayofaks(f): 9:01am On Sep 03, 2020
My Alma mata!!!

Greatest UItes!

Greatest of the greatest UItes!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by mubzynani: 9:11am On Sep 03, 2020
dalass:

You're right... All six universities in the top 1000 are in the South.. 5 in the SW. 1 in SE...

Obviously none in the North. With all the money and other resources invested there.

Backwards north but the ediots will come here to rant
Yes oo

1 Like

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Ygrette(f): 9:18am On Sep 03, 2020
HigherEd:
UI resoundly beat Covenant University this year. That is sad!

CU management has explaining to do. How can a school 40% on strike be beating you like this.

And LASU is second after U. I in Nigeria.
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by fearnot1(m): 9:38am On Sep 03, 2020
Covenant University is the bsst university in Nigeria, according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020.

The private institution, promoted by Winners Church, however came in at number 401 globally.

https://grokglobal.com/university-rankings-2020-covenant-university-is-the-best-nigerian-university/#:~:text=Covenant%20University%20is%20the%20bsst,in%20at%20number%20401%20globally.

Aprokodaughter:

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/ui-ranked-among-top-500-varsities-globally-named-west-africas-best/
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by freenature: 10:10am On Sep 03, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/ui-ranked-among-top-500-varsities-globally-named-west-africas-best/

Dude your information and whoever wrote that article are both wrong cos that ranking you see there is based on the quality of education offered and not on overall ranking of all considerable factors such as teacher factor, facilities, administration, publication and openess etc.

2 Likes

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by lekki1444: 10:39am On Sep 03, 2020
GREATTTT UI
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Nasrothschild1: 10:53am On Sep 03, 2020
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Teeboi56: 11:11am On Sep 03, 2020
Kudos to UI
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Chukstanley(m): 11:58am On Sep 03, 2020
Kudos!!! but our academic calendar is too slow!!!!! Freshers haven't resumed!...
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by mechanics(m): 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2020
No doubt about that, UI has produced many scholars and best brains.

4 Likes

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by ADMAF(m): 1:10pm On Sep 03, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Today you will hear 400 tomorrow you will hear 1000.. how many of these rankings dey dey swf and what criteria do they use? Obviously they don't judge based on academic excellence or research. The ranking has to do with something else and alot of factors put together coz I don't see why a Nigerian university should be among the top 500 in the world.
Times higher is the word's most reputable (trusted) ranking. You can google na.

1 Like

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Litmus: 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
SouthNigerian:
The South of Nigeria is the only reason why the World still Respect Nigeria some way
Remove the South and you have a t........t Nation.

I'll never understand why or how Nigerians have gotten into this collective mindset that seem to suggest that the rest of the World have attained perfection and now do nothing else but sit united in some peer review panel scrutinizing us imperfect Nigerians and it is our Nigerianly duty to perform and act in ways that please this august panel of nations. For gods sakes we are talking of a world lead by the like of Donald Trump, Putin, Erdogan and Macron; a world of wars, pandemics, extremism and climate change, and we Nigerians have to worry about what they think of us ?

Never mind their respect for you, do you respect them? I don’t respect them, where’s our missing children in Cyprus?
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Cajal(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
Holamiwepo:

Greatest Katangite..
We gather dey here ooo cool
...greatest Awoites...white house
Largest school hall of residence in the entire west Africa
Just that those Ibadan poly students did disturb
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 03, 2020
HigherEd:
UI resoundly beat Covenant University this year. That is sad!

CU management has explaining to do. How can a school 40% on strike be beating you like this.
Still expecting your reply please.
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2020
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

You may wait tire cheesy
God no go shame us
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by alomeda600(m): 5:29pm On Sep 03, 2020
[quote author=IFEOLUWAKRIZ post=93510302]Katangites promoting UI's image on all fronts grin Some noise Zikites will surely quote me.
Kudos, UI![/quote
Hey wannabe Noisy neighbors.....
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by HigherEd: 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2020
AhmedEmeka:

Morning, please do you have an idea of the cost for their postgraduate hostel? Couldn't find this information on the net or school website.

I also notice that the cost for their postgraduate program is not that expensive, or are there other charges that are withheld?

Any idea when the sales of form would be on?
The school fees is around 600k/Annum without hostel fees.
Accommodation is about 125k if you stay on campus (you buy electricity on prepaid). No other hidden charges.
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by CodeTemplar: 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2020
HigherEd:
Ui or CU?
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by HigherEd: 7:53pm On Sep 03, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Ui or CU?
CU
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 03, 2020
hope this is not fake news
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by emmyloski125(m): 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2020
Holamiwepo:
I am proud to be a UITE I rep UI, first and the best... ASUU abeg do na
Lol....I'm also a UITE, and a Mellanbite
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 10:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
ishowdotgmail:

I was once a kutite grin

Class of 2016

Kuti? lipsrsealed Na female hall oo
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Nasrothschild1: 12:34am On Sep 04, 2020
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by ishowdotgmail(m): 5:31am On Sep 04, 2020
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

Kuti? lipsrsealed Na female hall oo

Lol no Kuti, Zik, Tedder, Mellanby, Indy, Bello are for guys

Queen Idia, Queen Elizabeth and Awo hall are for ladies
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 04, 2020
HigherEd:

The school fees is around 600k/Annum without hostel fees.
Accommodation is about 125k if you stay on campus (you buy electricity on prepaid). No other hidden charges.
Thanks for this, I really appreciate.
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 7:47am On Sep 04, 2020
ishowdotgmail:

Lol no Kuti, Zik, Tedder, Mellanby, Indy, Bello are for guys

Queen Idia, Queen Elizabeth and Awo hall are for ladies
Lols... I know... Kuti is referred to as a female's hall cos of sissies I mean boys there. cheesy
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Basher8583: 8:22am On Sep 04, 2020
pabon:
Wow. This is good news. More of this kind of news. Not every time we should be greeted with negative news.

Are we not the ones creating the negative news ourselves due to our hatred for each other

1 Like

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by ishowdotgmail(m): 11:45am On Sep 04, 2020
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

Lols... I know... Kuti is referred to as a female's hall cos of sissies I mean boys there. cheesy

Haha, rugged guys dey there too oo bro grin

We’re not all bolo
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
ishowdotgmail:

Haha, rugged guys dey there too oo bro grin

We’re not all bolo

grin grin

I remember one certain night, when insecurity was on the rise in the school, we katangites and Zikites despatched some of our men to all the females' hostels for protection and, also, some students were dispatched to Kuti hall to protect our 'girls' there, too. grin grin

1 Like

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by ishowdotgmail(m): 12:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

grin grin

I remember one certain night, when insecurity was on the rise in the school, we katangites and Zikites despatched some of our men to all the females' hostels for protection and, also, some students were dispatched to Kuti hall to protect our 'girls' there, too. grin grin

Savage and wickedness too grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Check The Institution I Chosen I Jamb Registration / 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) / Second Term Scheme Of Work And Plan Lesson Note For Primary Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.