Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,723 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. (23244 Views)

Nigerian Universities Break Into Top 500 World University Ranking / University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by deltateam: 7:26am On Sep 03, 2020
They have a poor quality website.

They should carry their PG students with info. Those ones are stranded.

Okay.

1 Like

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 03, 2020
That's my alma mater....of the greatest UItes!!!
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Deborah98(f): 7:28am On Sep 03, 2020
Okay
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 03, 2020
dotedote:
Greatest of the greatest of the greatest UI.
Zikite till I go.
Yes ooo
Zikite of the noble sagacity!
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by dalass(f): 7:33am On Sep 03, 2020
SouthNigerian:
The South of Nigeria is the only reason why the World still Respect Nigeria some way
Remove the South and you have a t........t Nation.

You're right... All six universities in the top 1000 are in the South.. 5 in the SW. 1 in SE...

Obviously none in the North. With all the money and other resources invested there.

Backwards north but the ediots will come here to rant

8 Likes

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 03, 2020
That's good news.
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Bahamas95(m): 7:39am On Sep 03, 2020
YORUBA AMAKA

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN AMAKA

NIGERIA AMAKA

EVEN BUHARI SEF AMAKA grin

4 Likes

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Iceberg3: 7:39am On Sep 03, 2020
Still surrounded left right centre,all angles by brown ruffs....n right now,there's a mining activity happening there. grin

1 Like

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 03, 2020
as long as ASUU still in control of our universities,, our universities has failed, because ASUU as a union is supposed to be scrapped
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 7:50am On Sep 03, 2020
I won't comment until I see UNICAL
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Dipsaint(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
Greatest Mellanbite
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by RALPHOW(m): 8:00am On Sep 03, 2020
Greatest of the greatest UItes
UI and Others
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Nasrothschild1: 8:01am On Sep 03, 2020
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by mvem(m): 8:02am On Sep 03, 2020
Emax911:
this ranking is a scam

. later they will say unilag
its an international ranking

1 Like

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by amaifehenry(m): 8:02am On Sep 03, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/ui-ranked-among-top-500-varsities-globally-named-west-africas-best/

And some people say Ghanaian Universities are the best. Person wey no fit get admission here go dey yan dust. �

1 Like

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by mvem(m): 8:03am On Sep 03, 2020
sotall:
Audio ranking
its a reputable international ranking...so what's your point?...

2 Likes

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by ishowdotgmail(m): 8:08am On Sep 03, 2020
First and the best
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by deji17: 8:10am On Sep 03, 2020
Once the 24/7 power being planned for the university is materialised, I see the university improving on their research capacity and on their ranking. It can only gets better.

1 Like

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 8:11am On Sep 03, 2020
sinkhole:
Katanga, Katanga ...., please I am lost, wetin be katanga? grin

grin
Katanga Republic is just a 'praise' name given to Independence hall, one of the males' hostels in Unibadan. The Students from this hostel are referred to as Katangites. The same goes to Nnamdi Azikiwe hall which is also called Baluba Republic.

4 Likes

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by KingAzubuike(f): 8:12am On Sep 03, 2020
Today you will hear 400 tomorrow you will hear 1000.. how many of these rankings dey dey swf and what criteria do they use? Obviously they don't judge based on academic excellence or research. The ranking has to do with something else and alot of factors put together coz I don't see why a Nigerian university should be among the top 500 in the world.

1 Like

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 8:12am On Sep 03, 2020
kingsolomonjnr01:
I won't comment until I see UNICAL

You may wait tire cheesy
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by solmusdesigns: 8:12am On Sep 03, 2020
cool

Am not a UI graduate, but truth be told UI and UCH are ran like a foreign institution, I wonder if other sectors of Nigeria can be managed responsibly as UI and UCH is been managed

From their Cafes selling really cheap and subsidised food (back in 2010 don't know now) to really cheap transport with decent cabs, well managed green environment with lawns and trees

11 Likes

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by ishowdotgmail(m): 8:17am On Sep 03, 2020
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

grin
Katanga Republic is just a 'praise' name given to Independence hall, one of the males' hostels in Unibadan. The Students from this hostel are referred to as Katangites. The same goes to Nnamdi Azikiwe hall which is also called Baluba Republic.

I was once a kutite grin

Class of 2016

1 Like

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by ezebenchuks: 8:17am On Sep 03, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
Some really poor standard by West Africa.

I was wondering what metric they used to arrive at that conclusion so I checked their website.

The above was present there on their website
you can imagine the useless criterial? Ngerian poor mentality
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by ishowdotgmail(m): 8:18am On Sep 03, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

Am not a UI graduate, but truth be told UI and UCH are ran like a foreign institution, I wonder if other sectors of Nigeria can be managed responsibly as UI and UCH is been managed

From their Cafes selling really cheap and subsidised food (back in 2010 don't know now) to really cheap transport with decent cabs, well managed green environment with lawns and trees

Yeah bro, nothing but the truth... We have lots of foreign students in that varsity especially at the post graduate level

6 Likes

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by sinkhole: 8:19am On Sep 03, 2020
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

grin
Oh, I see.
I graduated from OAU, Great Ife, great of the greatest grin

2 Likes

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by solonubinho(m): 8:28am On Sep 03, 2020
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:
Katangites promoting UI's image on all fronts grin Some noise Zikites will surely quote me.
Kudos, UI!

Oh thank God you know that we will come for your head. You know that we Zikites are your Bosses.
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 03, 2020
Holamiwepo:

Greatest Katangite..
We gather dey here ooo cool
I also represent "The Great Independence Hall UI". and of the greatest Kantagites.
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by solonubinho(m): 8:30am On Sep 03, 2020
ishowdotgmail:

I was once a kutite grin

Class of 2016

Kuti BQ here. Class of 2014. P.s I'm a Zikite by nationality lol.

1 Like

Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by Ndipe(m): 8:39am On Sep 03, 2020
That's good.
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by frog12: 8:40am On Sep 03, 2020
who go BUY this LIES. the rankings are really becoming THE latest TRASH.
A university that can barely invent ANYTHING.
Re: UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. by milann: 8:44am On Sep 03, 2020
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:
Katangites promoting UI's image on all fronts grin Some noise Zikites will surely quote me.
Kudos, UI!
tedderites leads, you follow. Park well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Check The Institution I Chosen I Jamb Registration / 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) / Second Term Scheme Of Work And Plan Lesson Note For Primary Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.