Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing (13378 Views)

Nsukka Is The Largest City In Nigeria By Landmass / Bala Mohammed: Bauchi Government Urges Contact Persons To Come Foward / 25 Largest Cities/urban Areas In Nigeria By Landmass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by November1857(m): 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
ubyways:
Unproductive landmass, just imagine some sets of human reasoning like cow, the more reason states should be allowed to manage their resources. One section of the country parasiting on the other.
If states is allow to manage thier resources, most Northern states 'll disappear into a tiny air !
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by gasparpisciotta: 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2020
So that monkey go dey work and baboon go dey chop....
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by sulaak(m): 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2020
fergie001:
So.....does that landmass not produce anything?

It can be an advantage if it is put into good use...

Northern Nigerians governors are getting useless everyday, instead of using their large landmass to develop tourism and agriculture production they will rather depend on allocation and sharing oil money.

Northern Nigeria is a liability to the South.
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by BabaRamota1980: 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2020
This gov want give yanminri migraine. SE share will be like 0.002% of the national account
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by Exponental(m): 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2020
Where are your intellectuals? What should happen to IGR and population??
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by Excuses: 9:11pm On Sep 02, 2020
See stupid sensless talk from Niger fa, how can an educated person suggest land mass to be the criteria for revenue sharing..

Olodo peple...
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by CodeTemplar: 9:12pm On Sep 02, 2020
Whobedatte:
Foolish state with no real development, only useless lands left to fallow .
How can a state have such enormous land mass with no tangible development ?
A state that produced two ex-head of states?
What are they trying to achieve?
I travelled from mokwa to dikko junction on my way to kano, imagine I spent 7hours in Niger state alone
Isn't that ridiculous ?
At kotangora, i saw mud houses everywhere in a neighbourhood , the only building made of block is a mosque .
Mosques everywhere , schools, houses all made of mud and nothing to write home about .
Niger state is just land mass with plenty mosques................ nothing more !!!
Imagine 7 hours. If they should farm that state as national farm, they can feed Nigeria alone yet they wan to be paid for being a large state. IBB is a billionaire there but cannot invest, he is too busy concealing unexplainable wealth for his great great grand children.
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by Torbez(m): 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2020
Judolisco:
Thank God it's coming from Niger state were power is being generated if not I would have called the state big for nothing ...so d state is not totally useless, Niger state should invest more in agriculture

Forget that thing, shey Na them get the money wey they take build the Dam among other infrastructures wey dey generate the power.
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by fergie001: 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2020
sulaak:

Northern Nigerians governors are getting useless everyday, instead of using their large landmass to develop tourism and agriculture production they will rather depend on allocation and sharing oil money.

Northern Nigeria is a liability to the South.
I feel the Governor should have been ashamed of saying this type of thing.
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 02, 2020
flyingpig:
If Landmass is used as factor for allocating revenue then SE go poor like Somalia o cheesy

Mr Governor, how is that even logical? What does such large mass of land produce for the country? Is there any mineral that is generated and sold for foreign exchange? There is totally no PRODUCTIVITY

These greedy people are looking for dubious ways to double their allocation against the South. In fact, SE should seriously consider pressing for "number of human resources" as a factor for distributing state allocations, because such factor will place you lot on the sloppy end of the seesaw.

Nonsense and uneducated North. undecided
Nonsense analysis, nuisance
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by CodeTemplar: 9:15pm On Sep 02, 2020
Exponental:
Where are your intellectuals? What should happen to IGR and population??
Those guys are unimaginably stúpid. IGR cannot be boosted with land it is allocation from another man's land that will increase based on their land mass.
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by Lindaikeji007: 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2020
This animals are at it again.
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by Cocolatti(m): 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2020
Lazy leeches!!!
Use your landmass to generate your own revenue

1 Like

Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by King44(m): 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2020
That matter just weak me

Very soon na state with the largest heads of cattle them go begin consider.

We are not moving forward in this country
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by EdiskyHarry: 9:26pm On Sep 02, 2020
Had it been the leaders of Niger delta have sense, all this rubbish I wouldn't have seen them.
One day Niger delta oil will finish.
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by lomprico(m): 9:27pm On Sep 02, 2020
flyingpig:
If Landmass is used as factor for allocating revenue then SE go poor like Somalia o cheesy

Mr Governor, how is that even logical? What does such large mass of land produce for the country? Is there any mineral that is generated and sold for foreign exchange? There is totally no PRODUCTIVITY

These greedy people are looking for dubious ways to double their allocation against the South. In fact, SE should seriously consider pressing for "number of human resources" as a factor for distributing state allocations, because such factor will place you lot on the sloppy end of the seesaw.

SE cant be poor, even with zero allocation

1 Like

Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by Legendguy(m): 9:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
Hmm. Niger state big o. I can't believe I spent close to 9 hours from suleja to ilorin
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by Kirigidi(m): 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2020
Judolisco:
Thank God it's coming from Niger state were power is being generated if not I would have called the state big for nothing ...so d state is not totally useless, Niger state should invest more in agriculture
Kainji Hydro Power station generate just about 760mw of electricity which is meagre, whereas Delta State alone generate over 1000mw electricity from about four gas fired thermal power stations.

1 Like

Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by smallsmall: 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2020
Chiefpress:
NIGER STATE GOVERNMENT URGES FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO CONSIDER LANDMASS IN REVENUE SHARING

The Niger State Government is asking the federal government that landmass should be a consideration in the revenue sharing formula for the country.

Abubakar noted that the landmass of the state is the largest in the country with its topography having environmental challenges such as annual flooding, noting that the ecological fund for the State is not sufficient.
2ND SEPTEMBER, 2020.

Wetin Musa nor go see for this MainGate? angry angry
You see why we sometimes think these Northerners drink Cow-Urine for the first Fifteen years of thei life?
EMPTY, UNPRODUCTIVE LAND INFESTED BY TERRORISTS IS NOW WHAT THEY WANT TO USE IN SHARING REVENUE DERIVED FROM CRUDE OIL OF THE NIGER DELTA LANDS? shocked shocked

W e dont belong in the same country with these "things" (I dont want to offend humans...)
Why dont they advocate that we use number of Cows
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by cohug: 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2020
I dont know why some people do not have common sense, what is your landmass giving to your or Nigeria as a whole? For years you use the same landmass to collect money that you don't deserve still no development, i pass IBB house to go to Maikunkele, i just shake my head for this largest landmass of a people. Yeye people!
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2020
they should invest in Agriculture!
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by smallsmall: 9:44pm On Sep 02, 2020
GamalNasser:
Just imagine the idiocy

E-Shock the NEPA Man wey die last year sef. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by masui(m): 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2020
What is wrong with this one? Is there any law that stops people from selling part of their lands to raise revenue?

No cut part of the landmass sell, siddon dey wait for free money.

Largest landmass kee you there.
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by smallsmall: 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Not surprising. I was told of a particular census where the northerners were counting goats.

Up till now the revenue sharing formula is fraudulent. I visited some local governments in Kano state where their inhabitants are just very few and shook my head. Every month most of them will queue up for Kwankwasiya salary they get free. All from monthly allocation. The favour they got from military dictatorship.

The north have a serious lazy mentality.

And this Evil Buhari has even made things worse!
Imagine the Cow now wants to build a National Stadium in DAURA!..of all places! shocked shocked
He borrows money on behalf of the whole Country and then goes to waste it in the North.
These Chinese better realise that if we break-up, it is only money spent in the South, that will be repaid back by the South.

North has to repay what they benefit. Enough of Monkey work, baboon Chop.
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by Fcwilly: 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2020
Northern Nigeria is just the problem of this entity called Nigeria, revenue is shared base on populations not on empty landmass. Stupid people thinking upsidedown
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by Kdon2: 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
Chiefpress:
NIGER STATE GOVERNMENT URGES FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO CONSIDER LANDMASS IN REVENUE SHARING

The Niger State Government is asking the federal government that landmass should be a consideration in the revenue sharing formula for the country.

The State Commissioner for Finance, Zakari Abubakar, disclosed this in an interview shortly after the Revenue Mobilization Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) led by its Federal Commissioner, Barrister Patrick Mgbebu Nworu, met with Governor Abubakar Sani Bello in a closed door meeting at the Government House, Minna.

Abubakar noted that the landmass of the state is the largest in the country with its topography having environmental challenges such as annual flooding, noting that the ecological fund for the State is not sufficient.

The Commissioner appealed that a certain percentage should be added to states that are challenged by environmental hazards.

He said the state is challenged by its size as opposed to the revenue that accrued to it, adding that if the landmass is considered, it will assist the state government to access and tackle the environmental challenges.

“In the consideration of the indices of revenue, the issue of landmass should be given a lot of weight", he said.

The Commissioner also pointed out that the number of Federal Roads criss-crossing the state is another issue that should be factored in the revenue sharing formula by the Federal Government.

The RMAFC Federal Commissioner, Barrister Nworu, said the commission members were in the state for advocacy and sensitization on revenue data and its management.

He said their mission in the state is also to get the stakeholders to know the value and the need to submit transparent as well as verifiable revenue data.

According to him, it is the commission’s mandate to formulate ways to allocate revenue from the federation account to the states and local governments.

Mary Noel-Berje
Chief Press Secretary to Governor Abubakar Sani Bello of Niger State
2ND SEPTEMBER, 2020.
Landmass that add nothing! SMH
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by JB4life: 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
The man is one of those quota system type of human beings in government house,who does not even know that landmass is already part of the factors used to allocate resources
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by masui(m): 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
Whobedatte:
Foolish state with no real development, only useless lands left to fallow .
How can a state have such enormous land mass with no tangible development ?
A state that produced two ex-head of states?
What are they trying to achieve?
I travelled from mokwa to dikko junction on my way to kano, imagine I spent 7hours in Niger state alone
Isn't that ridiculous ?
At kotangora, i saw mud houses everywhere in a neighbourhood , the only building made of block is a mosque .
Mosques everywhere , schools, houses all made of mud and nothing to write home about .
Niger state is just land mass with plenty mosques................ nothing more !!!

Imagine that size of landmass. Niger state alone can be provide the needed land for RUGA.
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by Kingstanding: 10:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
flyingpig:

. Don't mind them, lazy people. What they only know is sharing they can not think on how they will generate revenue. What do you expect from people who pardon terrorist. Empty brain northern governors. Russia is the largest country by landmass then follow by Canada but they are not rich than US and China. Northern governors wanna reap where they did not show. Parasite governors
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by Onnasucs1(m): 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2020
Mumu Niger State. Just big for nothing. The land is just wasting
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2020
SO YOU WANT TO EAT MORE THAN THE PROVIDER.
Re: Niger State Government Urges FG To Consider Landmass In Revenue Sharing by Judolisco(m): 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2020
Kirigidi:
Kainji Hydro Power station generate just about 760mw of electricity which is meagre, whereas Delta State alone generate over 1000mw electricity from about four gas fired thermal power stations.
Niger state has about 3 hydro power stations Kanji, shiroro, jebba the power they generate cannot be overlooked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

British Remembrance Day Service Held In Abuja / APC Bars Political Appointees From Participating In Convention / 2023: Buhari In Adamawa, Solicits Support For Tinubu, Binani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.