Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide (1084 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: No Planned Price Hike, Says FG, Queues Spread / IPMAN Backs Fuel Hike, Says Members Will Not Be Part Of NLC Strike / PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Omooba77: 9:34pm On Sep 02, 2020
The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has defended the new hike in the price of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) also known as petrol, saying unlike what obtained under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) subsidy regime, Nigerians no longer have to endure tortuous queues to buy fuel.

The party in a statement by its Deputy National Publicity Secretary, Mr Yekini Nabena, on Wednesday was reacting to attacks by the PDP on the new depot loading price of ₦151.56k approved by the Federal Government.

“The attention of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has been drawn to a shameless statement by the Peoples Democratic Party PDP on the current petrol price and electricity tariff in the country.

“For successive PDP governments that foisted on the country a corruption-tainted fuel subsidy regime, we call on the PDP to surprise itself and indeed Nigerians by cajoling its cronies who ran the subsidy rackets — many of them in hiding abroad — to return our stolen commonwealth in their possession”, APC demanded.

The ruling party added that “under the President Muhammadu Buhari administration, the tortuous fuel queues as a result of biting scarcities are gone”.

It added that “the reviewed petroleum products pricing template has resulted in a more transparent, efficient and realistic pricing system for petroleum products and also resulted in constant availability of fuel nationwide.

“The pricing template now reflects competitive and market-driven components which is supported by the citizenry”.

According to the APC, as part of efforts by the Buhari administration to put an end to estimated and arbitrary billing for electricity, the president recently directed a nationwide mass metering programme for electricity consumers in the country.

“For the PDP that is only concerned with pushing the interests of its few cronies over the general interest and welfare of the citizenry, we dont expect the PDP to grasp the import of this landmark presidential directive which aside improving electricity and service delivery, is also protecting the poor and vulnerable Nigerians from increased electricity tariff and arbitrary/estimated billings.

“Commendably, the federal government is already working to ensure that Electricity Distribution Companies (DISCOs) commit to increasing the number of hours of electricity supply every day and also improve on their quality of service.

“Perhaps the PDP is also unaware, that the current administration has approved a one-year waiver of import levy on electricity meters so that Nigerians who do not have meters can be supplied as early as possible at a reasonable cost.

“The APC calls on the PDP to wake up to the new Nigeria where the government works for the citizens, not a few interests”, it added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/apc-defends-fuel-price-hike-says-product-now-available-nationwide/amp/
Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by jmoore(m): 9:36pm On Sep 02, 2020
Shameless idiots!!

Goodluck Jonathan removed subsidy and the APC led cabals held the country under ransom in conjunction with the unions, hence the scarcity experienced back then.

Recently, no one can tell how much Nigeria is paying for subsidy. And price keeps going up.

7 Likes

Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by daddytime(m): 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2020
This too shall pass.

E get where everything go rotten reach, even the thieves with all their billions go still follow us dey perceive and breath in all the shiiit. So, no man is truly free.

Las las we are all in this shiiit together.

1 Like

Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Kokadomfreedom(m): 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2020
I hate Nigeria kind of politics
Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Omooba77: 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2020
APC is telling it to our faces, that all the increment is justifiable. How can these people be wicked, there is an end to everything. God will deliver us, they will know who have the Ultimate Power.

3 Likes

Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Beremx(f): 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2020
And they had to involve PDP in their shameless defense?
When sane countries are making things easier for their citizens in this pandemic period, Buhari is impoverishing Nigerians with his draconian policies. This has proven that COVID 19 is a scam in Nigeria.

Too bad

4 Likes

Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by izzou(m): 9:45pm On Sep 02, 2020
Shebi there won't be discount for the ruling party members?

All of us go buy am for that amount abi?

No wahala..Maybe someday, all of us will collectively have sense

Sai Baba 2027 grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Luckydubby7(m): 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2020
So, APC has mouth to called PDP shameless?
At least we all can testify that the worse of PDP was far better than best of apc.
If PDP decides not to talk now, some slowpoke will say PDP don't know how to play opposition as if apc will accept their advice.

3 Likes

Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Omooba77: 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2020
Luckydubby7:
So, APC has mouth to called PDP shameless?

Nigeria is in the wrong hands.
These people are heartless..
Many people sources of income has been drastically refuced, yet government is increasing everything increaseable..
Lalasticlala this is pitable...

2 Likes

Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Paperwhite(m): 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2020
They're just increasing the hardship while adding insult to it.Wicked and satanic people are in this APC government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Nukilia: 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2020
What a party! grin grin
Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by jetguy(m): 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
thunder please can you do me a favour���
Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Paperwhite(m): 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
Omooba77:
Nigeria is in the wrong hands.These people are heartless.Many people sources of income has been drastically refuced, yet government is increasing everything increaseable..
It will never be well with them in & out of govt for bringing untold hardship to the common man in this nation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Dreek: 9:56pm On Sep 02, 2020
Please people I need your assistance with a job, I'm good with computer, I've worked as an online personnel for an organization, customer agents, I've teach and I also have experience in medical laboratory. Please help me, even if house boy I can do it, I just need to get something doing in other to get money to feed please. I'm in FCT and I can relocate if need be.
Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by OlujobaSamuel: 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
izzou:

Sai Baba 2027 grin
Hmmmmmmm, t'a bani ka fi were sì lè sìn oku iya re bi o ba se wù, a ṣe basu basu (if we say let's leave a madman to bury his deceased mum as he pleases, he is going to do it anyhow because the smell will definitely disturb the whole community)
We can't afford to let this empty being destroy us finish.
Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Omooba77: 9:59pm On Sep 02, 2020
Very unfortunate, people are groaning and suffering, many able bodied men are jobless..
When you are in power, use wisdom to treat people well..

1 Like

Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Omooba77: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
Dreek:

Please people I need your assistance with a job, I'm good with computer, I've worked as an online personnel for an organization, customer agents, I've teach and I also have experience in medical laboratory. Please help me, even if house boy I can do it, I just need to get something doing in other to get money to feed please. I'm in FCT and I can relocate if need be.

God will open doors for you.
Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by lamentor78(m): 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2020
Nigerians have been scammed by APC, is unfortunate that no other party is talking apart from PDP ,those unless other parties should be deregistered including APGA , yes PDP is bad but APC is the devil, but they should be rest assured that history will not forget them never

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Omooba77: 10:20pm On Sep 02, 2020
lamentor78:
Nigerians have been scammed by APC, is unfortunate that no other party is talking apart from PDP ,those unless other parties should be deregistered including APGA , yes PDP is bad but APC is the devil, but they should be rest assured that history will not forget them never

The wickedness of people in APC is like wickedness of occultic people, no mercy of any kind.
Imagine what Yekini is writing to spice people.
Yet some of the trolls will come here to tell us everything is ok.

2 Likes

Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by nedu666: 10:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
Apc members buy fuel at old price
Pdp members buy fuel at new price

Sorted
Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by amakadlite(f): 10:28pm On Sep 02, 2020
Do we still have NLC in this country?
The only thing left for us is air.
I challenge them to tax it
Wicked souls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by jlinkd78(m): 10:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
Noted
Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Firespitter: 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2020
Tankio bamboohari. We are happy.

The is the season of showing appreciation.

Have you thanked bamboohari today?
Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Jostoman: 11:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
amakadlite:
Do we still have NLC in this country?
The only thing left for us is air.
I challenge them to tax it
Wicked souls
NLC is dead and berried by buhari and APC government. Ayuba waba is just there as a figure head.
Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Jostoman: 11:04pm On Sep 02, 2020
AYuba waba is just there as a figure head.
Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by flamingREED(m): 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
The laws of supply, demand and equilibrium price have been thrown out of the window.

1 Like

Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by PureGoldh(m): 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
How I wish sir Yar'adua still dey alive.... atleast we would have enjoyed the #65 price tag for PMS during his full tenure.

Nigerians lost a rare gem....May his soul keep resting in peace

1 Like

Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Omooba77: 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2020
Jostoman:
NLC is dead and berried by buhari and APC government. Ayuba waba is just there as a figure head.

His Only job is to give press statements and wear that NLC ankara with the round hat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Omooba77: 8:41am On Sep 03, 2020
Good morning Nigeria, We will survive
Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by olisaEze(m): 8:48am On Sep 03, 2020
izzou:

Sai Baba 2027 grin

My broda, they don’t pay for fuel like you do, they just go to government fuel dumps and collect fuel for free!
Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 03, 2020
It won't be we with all APC members
Re: APC Defends Fuel Price Hike, Says Product Now Available Nationwide by Ekejoestar(m): 9:12am On Sep 03, 2020
Imagine the boldness they use to dish out insults to the populace all in the name of press statement. This same petrol caused nationwide unrest some years back under the last administration due to clamour for subsidy removal which resulted in closing down of many filling stations by marketers thereby creating artificial scarsity of which President Buhari was a participant in the protest walk but today under His administration, his govt is still paying subsidy even without transparency. He gave us railway and in return increased fuel, electricity and import tariff. This is a typical example of the devil's gift.

(1) (2) (Reply)

#EndSars - May We Not Forget These Fallen Hero / End SARS: Who Ordered Lekki Toll Gate Shooting – Tinubu Asks Gov Sanwo-olu / Lekki Shootings: Contradicting Statements From Lai Mohammed And VP Prof Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.