Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa (10009 Views)

Driving Aviation Hub In Uyo With Ibom Air, Victor Attah Airport / UAE, Others Show Interest In Akwa Ibom Aviation Sector / Gov. Udom Promises Better Packages For Akwa Ibom Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by NkanAkpanika: 6:16am On Sep 03, 2020
Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State has promised to transform the state into an aviation hub in the West African subregion.

He made the vow while announcing the arrival of the latest Bombardier CRJ900 recently acquired by the state owned airline – Ibom Air. He further disclosed that contracts have been mobilized to commence the Maintenance Repair and Overhaul, MRO, facility and other upgrade works at the Victor Attah International Airport to attain this status before he leaves office.

He assured that the new terminal is designed to meet the highest intelligence, smart standard and will match any of the internationally ranked terminals when completed.

The new Bombardier CRJ900, with registration number 5N-BXO is the fifth aircraft to the fleet of the Akwa Ibom State-owned airline, Ibom Air.

The State Governor expressed delight for the addition and thanked God that while others are battling with the doomsday occasioned by the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Akwa Ibom people are celebrating expansion in their aviation business.

On behalf of the government and people of Akwa Ibom State, including those in the diaspora, we appreciate God and everyone who has contributed in making this possible and we look toward to many more. ”We welcome the latest in our fleet, registration number 5N-BXO, CoVID-19 compliant”, the Governor said.

He commended the management and staff of Ibom Air for their commitment and show of professionalism, as he announced the assumption of duty of Ibom Air’s first female pilot, Captain Ruth Adebanwo, as pilot of the new aircraft.

“I want to most sincerely register my appreciation to the management team of Ibom Air. They’ve actually made us proud. I really want to thank them for their commitment and the professionalism they have displayed to make Ibom Air an airline to beat. It is an airline to beat anytime, anywhere”, Governor Emmanuel assured.

He described the accolades already trailing the qualitative customer service in the state-owned airlines as expected, stating that Ibom Air has already surpassed the customer satisfaction benchmark and now building customer enthusiasm as a stock in trade.

“When I came into office as Governor, I inherited just one private aircraft, but I thank God I will not leave office with anything less than eight to nine more aircrafts, so that people can see progress and I’m sure the person that will come after me will not leave office with less than twenty five aircrafts”, Governor Emmanuel said.

Earlier in his remarks, the Chairman, Ibom Airport Development Company Limited, Air Commodore Idongesit Nkanga rtd., commended Governor Udom Emmanuel for developing the aviation sector in the state, adding that the governor has delivered on his promises to the people as captured in the completion agenda.

He said “…we still have MRO, we still have the cargo coming up, and we have the Ibom International Terminal we have so many things coming up at this airport how else you could define progress, how else could you define governance more than what we are witnessing. Today we are going to unveil the 5th in the series of our aircraft”.

Nkanga stated that the Governor who is committed in his developmental drive will increase the number of fleets in the airline, noting that “Calabar route has commenced while Ibom Air will be airborne from Enugu International Airport from 14th September”, he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/udom-vows-to-make-aibom-aviation-hub-in-wafrica/amp/

8 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Temitopemo6e6(m): 6:17am On Sep 03, 2020
Congratulations to the good people of Akwa Ibom State, & well commended kudos to His Excellency Emmanuel Udom.

24 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by LawLab247: 6:19am On Sep 03, 2020
Good

2 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by chinavs9ja(m): 6:28am On Sep 03, 2020
May God gives him the heart and strength to do as he promised.

Get A Website and Android application for your business at affordable price. Check my signature!

8 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Administration1: 6:29am On Sep 03, 2020
Airline, that services only a State.

The roads leading to Aba is Bad
roads leading to Port-Harcourt is bad
Roads leading to Calabar is Bad.
Even the road leading to the proposed Ibaka Sea Port is in a sorry State.

Fix the roads first, start with that leading to Aba, so that It gets easier to land in Uyo and shuttle to Aba than going all the way to Omagua.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by nNEOo(m): 6:29am On Sep 03, 2020
undecided
Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:29am On Sep 03, 2020
He said “…we still have MRO, we still have the cargo coming up, and we have the Ibom International Terminal we have so many things coming up at this airport how else you could define progress, how else could you define governance more than what we are witnessing. Today we are going to unveil the 5th in the series of our aircraft”.
We truly hope and wish so.
God bless Akwa-Ibom state.
God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by EdiskyHarry: 6:29am On Sep 03, 2020
I have nothing to say than to thank the almighty God for the good governor he has given to akwa ibom state, Akwa ibom state is moving from higher to highest everyday.
God bless gov udom Emmanuel
God bless Akwa Abasi ibom state
God bless the United States of Niger delta.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by amatheanimator: 6:29am On Sep 03, 2020
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 03, 2020
This man is greater than any governor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Slawormir: 6:31am On Sep 03, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Queenlovely(f): 6:31am On Sep 03, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by HiSEminent: 6:31am On Sep 03, 2020
My amiable handsome governor man of the people man of the moment tongue
More grease to your elbow

2 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by MediaBoyfriend: 6:31am On Sep 03, 2020
My State dey try sha. In the next 10 years, Akwa Ibom will be a destination for all. Mark my word.

4 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Abasman008(m): 6:32am On Sep 03, 2020
I'm proudly from akwaibom... And I can say there is a great hope for akwaibom.... Just the rotten economy we all share in the name of being Nigerian... Cost of living is superbly low if akwa-ibom.. in only we could have our own currency, so that everyone who comes has to switch to the local currency before they can spend......

Just thinking out loud...
God bless akwaibom

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by JesusJesus: 6:33am On Sep 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by wolesmile(m): 6:34am On Sep 03, 2020
The guy dey try sha, from what I've heard. Unlike that one that now heads NDDC....

1 Like

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by SmartPolician: 6:35am On Sep 03, 2020
30 years from today, Akwa Ibom may overtake Rivers State as a major IGR generator if she maintains her current leadership path.

Unlike Rivers State that produces bunch of loquacous and ready-to-fight touts as governors, Akwa Ibom seems to be electing refined state governrors

6 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by EdiskyHarry: 6:36am On Sep 03, 2020
Administration1:

Fix the roads first, start with that leading to Aba, so that It gets easier to land in Uyo an"d shuttle to Aba than going all the way to Omagua.
You are in severe pain.
Akwa ibom ayaiya.

7 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by jericco1(m): 6:38am On Sep 03, 2020
After everything he will fail to redeem such promises undecided
Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by beresponsible(m): 6:40am On Sep 03, 2020
Flew this ibom air to Lagos last week truly blissful. Service impeccable. I duff my hat

5 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 03, 2020
EdiskyHarry:
I have nothing to say than to thank the almighty God for the good governor he has given to akwa ibom state, Akwa ibom state is moving from higher to highest everyday.
God bless gov udom Emmanuel
God bless Akwa Abasi ibom state
God bless the United States of Niger delta.

IPOB will not be happy grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Uchasa(m): 6:49am On Sep 03, 2020
Audio projects...there is nothing in that dry state

1 Like

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Ikemoneyman: 6:52am On Sep 03, 2020
Administration1:

Fix the roads first, start with that leading to Aba, so that It gets easier to land in Uyo and shuttle to Aba than going all the way to Omagua.

The roads leading to Abba, Port Harcourt, and Calabar are all federal roads and not under the maintenance of state governor's, however governors can fix the roads with the permission of the federal government

7 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by NkanAkpanika: 7:01am On Sep 03, 2020
Administration1:

Correction sir,
The road leading to PH from Akwa Ibom is OK
The road leaving to aba through arochukwu is ok
The road leading to the propose seaport in ibeno is ok
The road leading the calabar, the Akwa Ibom State section of the road is motorable..
In all these listed roads are all federal roads not state even though the state government have taken the burden to fix them already..
Finally none of these listed road have Akwa ibom section that is bad.. Is place correct yourself next time..

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: We Have Not Decided On Zonning - APC National Chairman / Train Abduction: Negotiations Deadlocked, FG Seeks Foreign Assistance / Yahaya Seriki Empowers Kwarans Donates 250 Million To Help Alleviate Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.