Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa (10021 Views)

Driving Aviation Hub In Uyo With Ibom Air, Victor Attah Airport / UAE, Others Show Interest In Akwa Ibom Aviation Sector / Gov. Udom Promises Better Packages For Akwa Ibom Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by bangging(m): 7:06am On Sep 03, 2020
nNEOo:
undecided
states are in charge of federal roads right?
Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by IbokPatrick(m): 7:25am On Sep 03, 2020
Administration1:
Airline, that services only a State.

The roads leading to Aba is Bad
roads leading to Port-Harcourt is bad
Roads leading to Calabar is Bad.
Even the road leading to the proposed Ibaka Sea Port is in a sorry State.

Fix the roads first, start with that leading to Aba, so that It gets easier to land in Uyo and shuttle to Aba than going all the way to Omagua.

Tell that to your president....APC people

4 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Princeton92(m): 7:27am On Sep 03, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

Correction sir,
The road leading to PH from Akwa Ibom is OK
The road leaving to aba through arochukwu is ok
The road leading to the propose seaport in ibeno is ok
The road leading the calabar, the Akwa Ibom State section of the road is motorable..
In all these listed roads are all federal roads not state even though the state government have taken the burden to fix them already..
Finally none of these listed road have Akwa ibom section that is bad.. Is place correct yourself next time..

This is very much affirmed by me here

1 Like

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by DeRay98(m): 7:28am On Sep 03, 2020
In the absence of manufacturing and bubbling tourism, aviation hub claims can not be achieved.
Constant movements of goods, services and people doing viable businesses and tourism are the key things that drives tourism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Bellowcy: 7:33am On Sep 03, 2020
Administration1:

Fix the roads first, start with that leading to Aba, so that It gets easier to land in Uyo and shuttle to Aba than going all the way to Omagua.

You are enemy of progress. Upon all the too roads in akwa ibom and you are saying these? Go to Calabar and see things your self, there you'll appreciate what is happening in akwa Ibom. Hatred is a sickness

7 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Tonytonex(m): 7:38am On Sep 03, 2020
good news always coming from my darling state. God continue to bless HE Udom Emmanuel, and all Akwa-ibomite

2 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 7:47am On Sep 03, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

Correction sir,
The road leading to PH from Akwa Ibom is OK
The road leaving to aba through arochukwu is ok
The road leading to the propose seaport in ibeno is ok
The road leading the calabar, the Akwa Ibom State section of the road is motorable..
In all these listed roads are all federal roads not state even though the state government have taken the burden to fix them already..
Finally none of these listed road have Akwa ibom section that is bad.. Is place correct yourself next time..

One correction...
The road leading to Calabar from uyo is absolutely bad.
U see that Udukpini road? our bus had accident there.
Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Amonlyhuman(m): 7:49am On Sep 03, 2020
Very useless set of people, always asking for a token in everything, even when you try to invest in the state and help their miserable life, you’ll still pay matching ground. Their foolishness never go unnoticed. angry angry angry
Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 03, 2020
I like it when leaders make policy-like statements.

Honestly, I do. It shows that, at least, somebody somewhere is thinking.

Next, will be to back it up with action and if possible, make it such that your successors would have no other but to continue with it once you leave office.

1 Like

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by NkanAkpanika: 7:58am On Sep 03, 2020
Abasman008:
I'm proudly from akwaibom... And I can say there is a great hope for akwaibom.... Just the rotten economy we all share in the name of being Nigerian... Cost of living is superbly low in akwa-ibom.. in only we could have our own currency, so that everyone who comes has to switch to the local currency before they can spend......

Just thinking out loud...
God bless akwaibom
Honestly... That is why some well meaning Akwa Ibomites call her Akwa Abasi Ibom kingdom

1 Like

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Nasrothschild1: 7:59am On Sep 03, 2020
Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by NkanAkpanika: 7:59am On Sep 03, 2020
kingsolomonjnr01:

One correction...
Please read again, Udkpini is not in Akwa-Ibom but cross river

4 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by mamaafrik(m): 8:06am On Sep 03, 2020
We believe in you,i feel like naturalizing to Akwa ibow from Ogun state.
The Dapo abiodun guy should have been used for sacrifice to sango.
That guy and sanwo olu cannot achieve shiii.....shi.
Awon eni ibi dede....

3 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by NkanAkpanika: 8:56am On Sep 03, 2020
Bellowcy:

You are enemy of progress. Upon all the too roads in akwa ibom and you are saying these? Go to Calabar and see things your self, there you'll appreciate what is happening in akwa Ibom. Hatred is a sickness
God bless you man

1 Like

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by NkanAkpanika: 8:57am On Sep 03, 2020
mamaafrik:
We believe in you,i feel like naturalizing to Akwa ibow from Ogun state.
The Dapo abiodun guy should have been used for sacrifice to sango.
That guy and sanwo olu cannot achieve shiii.....shi.
Awon eni ibi dede....
Is not too late sir,
You are welcome in advance

1 Like

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Ilaumoh(m): 9:11am On Sep 03, 2020
Amonlyhuman:
Very useless set of people, always asking for a token in everything, even when you try to invest in the state and help their miserable life, you’ll still pay matching ground. Their foolishness never go unnoticed. angry angry angry
Please who are you cos you are even more bitter than your frustration..

1 Like

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by mrksquare: 9:42am On Sep 03, 2020
SmartPolician:
30 years from today, Akwa Ibom may overtake Rivers State as a major IGR generator if she maintains her current leadership path.

Unlike Rivers State that produces bunch of loquacous and ready-to-fight touts as governors, Akwa Ibom seems to be electing refined state governrors

Wike is a huge disappointment. Akwa Ibom has consistently delved into ventures that its multiplier effect would lead to creation of revenue to the state and job to it's teeming unemployment youth. Down here in Rivers State, all Wike has prioritised, is building fly over. There is no deliberate policy by Gov. Wike to venture into project that will create quality jobs for Rivers citizens. When I see the progress unfolding in Akwa Ibom, feel like crying for Rivers State.

2 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by IjawKonsortium(m): 9:55am On Sep 03, 2020
EdiskyHarry:

You are in severe pain.
Akwa ibom ayaiya.

Eastern Obolo is an L.G.A in Akwa ibom, it host 40percent of oil revenue generated in Akwa ibom state and yet are being neglected and you are talking of Udom.
Why the hatred on eastern obolo,.is it because they are a minority tribe?

Udom should order a fix on the roads in Eastern Obolo
Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by nNEOo(m): 11:47am On Sep 03, 2020
bangging:
states are in charge of federal roads right?

huh?
Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Ukeme8: 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2020
God bless My State Akwa Ibom.

1 Like

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2020
Akwai-Ibom state has been in the news for good things recently.

Way to go.

Wish more state governors can emulate things like this.

3 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by calabardick(m): 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2020
Administration1:

The Akwa Ibom section of those interstate roads are polishly tarred.

Is Abia state government dead?

2 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by winnah(f): 4:53pm On Sep 03, 2020
I don't blame you,is free data that I blame...

Tell Abia state to fix their road and not wait for federal government....(Akpabio did it, so its not a new thing. If he Akabio could fix federal road, then they too could)

History have it, that akpabio in his usual magnanimous heart wanted to fix the Ana ikot Ekpene federal road after completing the one in akwa ibom state.... So that his people could have a smooth drive to Aba. What did the then government of Abia state did? "They stopped him".... I was never a fan of governor Udom Emmanuel.... But I won't watch an idiot like you talk trash against my governor and my state...

Come,..when last did you visited Akwa ibom... All u said are fallacy,false and baseless lie....

Uyo to Abia state is dualized... My state governor even work Abia state road... Calabar ikot ekpene road.... Akwa ibom state section is nice a neat (dualized)
Road leading to oron, (east west road) dualized. Clean and is in a perfect condition with no pothole... So what's the shit are u talking about. .

2 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by winnah(f): 4:55pm On Sep 03, 2020
winnah:
I don't blame you,is free data that I blame...

Tell Abia state to fix their road and not wait for federal government....(Akpabio did it, so its not a new thing. If he Akabio could fix federal road, then they too could)

History have it, that akpabio in his usual magnanimous heart wanted to fix the Ana ikot Ekpene federal road after completing the one in akwa ibom state.... So that his people could have a smooth drive to Aba. What did the then government of Abia state did? "They stopped him".... I was never a fan of governor Udom Emmanuel.... But I won't watch an idiot like you talk trash against my governor and my state...

Come,..when last did you visited Akwa ibom... All u said are fallacy,false and baseless lie....

Uyo to Abia state is dualized... My state governor even work Abia state road... Calabar ikot ekpene road.... Akwa ibom state section is nice a neat (dualized)
Road leading to oron, (east west road) dualized. Clean and is in a perfect condition with no pothole... So what's the shit are u talking about. .

1 Like

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by chatinent: 7:53pm On Sep 03, 2020
Audio.
Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 03, 2020
Unemployment rate is high in the state. Too high.

How will the airlines turn a profit? Providing jobs for the unemployed should be a priority to the government instead of shiny projects to siphon money.
Poverty rate in the state is too high for the allocations we receive monthly.
Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Daddyboy21: 12:18am On Sep 04, 2020
Administration1:

bro maybe you need to understand how things work, all those roads you mentioned are federal roads, it is repaired or constructed by the federal government and not the state, the last road ( calabar-Itu highway) that link akwa ibom state and cross river state from itam junction to Ekim itam that akpabio constructed with the state money has not been paid back till date by the federal government of Nigeria hence the bad roads you are seeing today, if buhari or goodluck Johnathan paid back the money, today all those other roads would have been repaired with state budjects knowing fully well that the federal government will pay back the money. You know we are more than this, Akwa ibom will be the best state in Nigeria just give us 5 years from now. If ibaka sea port was a state project we would have subdued lagos sea port by now, am very proud of my state for rapid development but am also worried by the low unemployment rate. God bless Akwa ibom state

2 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Daddyboy21: 12:22am On Sep 04, 2020
kingsolomonjnr01:

One correction...
Check your map well, Odukpani is cross river state and not Our Dear Akwa ibom please

2 Likes

Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by eeetuk(m): 1:04am On Sep 04, 2020
Governor Udom: “When I came into office as Governor, I inherited just one private aircraft, but I thank God I will not leave office with anything less than eight to nine more aircrafts, so that people can see progress and I’m sure the person that will come after me will not leave office with less than twenty five aircrafts”, Governor Emmanuel said.”

I disagree.
8 to 9 aircrafts in operation will not measure Governor Udom Emmanuel effectiveness as governor. Instead, if majority of Akwa Ibom citizens have jobs to earn income and able to take care of their families better than period before Udom became governor.

So, my advice to governor Emmanuel is to focus on economic policies that will lift up people who are at the bottom of economic ladder. For an example governor Emmanuel never talks about his investment in citizens of Akwa Ibom State.

Does governor has policies on job training, child care services, wage increase, and more?
Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Ilaumoh(m): 6:14am On Sep 04, 2020
Daddyboy21:
bro maybe you need to understand how things work, all those roads you mentioned are federal roads, it is repaired or constructed by the federal government and not the state, the last road ( calabar-Itu highway) that link akwa ibom state and cross river state from itam junction to Ekim itam that akpabio constructed with the state money has not been paid back till date by the federal government of Nigeria hence the bad roads you are seeing today, if buhari or goodluck Johnathan paid back the money, today all those other roads would have been repaired with state budjects knowing fully well that the federal government will pay back the money. You know we are more than this, Akwa ibom will be the best state in Nigeria just give us 5 years from now. If ibaka sea port was a state project we would have subdued lagos sea port by now, am very proud of my state for rapid development but am also worried by the low unemployment rate. God bless Akwa ibom state
God bless you
Re: Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa by Ilaumoh(m): 6:18am On Sep 04, 2020
Kabongo1:
Unemployment rate is high in the state. Too high.

How will the airlines turn a profit? Providing jobs for the unemployed should be a priority to the government instead of shiny projects to siphon money.
Poverty rate in the state is too high for the allocations we receive monthly.
God will punish you for lying.. Is my state poorer than your state or is katsina richer than Imo state..
Get educated ok, high unemployment doesn't resolve to poverty rather opportunity for white collar jobs..

Is like you saying that finisher men in Ibeno doing strawler business pulling millions are poor becos they are not capture as employees... Get sense oo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP NWC Fixes NEC For Friday / Train Abduction: Negotiations Deadlocked, FG Seeks Foreign Assistance / Senate Bill: Social Security For Unemployed Graduates & The Aged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.