Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,737 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know (57973 Views)

After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper / Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre / FG To Reduce Petrol Price To ₦130 From ₦145 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by sallazlee(m): 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2020
jericco1:
So what is the actual price? 151.6 or 162?

i wonder oooo
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by SIONKPO1(m): 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2020
favor914:
Peasant mindset you want the price of cement in The Giant of Africa Nigeria to be the same price as Benin Republic & Togo? My Brother Lagos State alone is richer than the whole ECOWAS bloc. The richest families in Togo & Republic of Benin combined is not as rich as Aunty Folurunsho Alakija.
hahahahahahaha,see your mindset,evil the said cement is produced here and taken there but its expensive here
So you mean like iPhone will be sold more expensive in the US compared to here in naija
just reread what you wrote,just to defend evil

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by Yakubu113: 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2020
What is the point of being the largest producer of crude in Africa were the citizens of Nigeria still pay very high for fuel what do an average Nigeria citizen benefit for being a citizen of a major oil producing country like Nigeria. The problem is that we vote for the worst people because of ethnic and religious sentiment until we realize that it doesn't matter where the president comes from or his religious belief, but focus on if he his competent or not we are going nowhere.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by Happyguy201: 3:14pm On Sep 03, 2020
and to think one idiot on nairaland is saying buhari is better than Goodluck Jonathan . smh .if you keep voting in OLD FOOLS with no modern knowledge of how things are being operated how do you expect a better result ? in conclusion i think the citizens are the problem of this country not the government.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by AerialMapper: 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2020
Much ado over nothing!

A 10 naira increase in fuel only translates to about 600 naira more for a car owner going by an average of 60litre tank capacity assuming you are not like broke ass people like morgstreme who buy quarter tank!

Surely, 600 naira is not worth all these complaints considering during times of scarcity we gladly pay 200-300 naira a litre from the balck market

However we know the tendency of transporters to over-exaggerate the effect of fuel price increases to hike prices disproportionally...and that is where the issue lies!

For the APC members and supporters of this failed government, i really hope you all are paying 87 naira o!!!
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by waleade24: 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2020
More oratory than sincerity
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by Damidave1124(m): 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
favor914:
Surprising simple Economics 101 explained, and you still can’t comprehend? Don’t worry yourself too much, when Dangote’s refinery comes on stream, the price of petroleum crude products will fall.

The bolded is a great solace to me though. Honestly speaking, it isn't funny
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by Damidave1124(m): 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2020
mustafaa:

Nobody is justifying nothing. That's the reality. We want the government to stop subsidizing fuel, they listened. Now we are all feeling the heat.

You can't eat your cake and have it.

We should channel our curses to those experts that deceived the gullible Nigerians.

After perusing through the write up, I think I quite agree with you

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by primestreams: 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
cry I remembered buying fuel 97 naira

grin this is just The beginning

Buy the time burahi is through with this country grin

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by quiteboy(m): 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2020
anonimi:

That is the paradox of the man that was packaged as our messiah by the Association of Past/Present Criminals, APC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmG_dYY7YRA

Now as the minister for Petroleum in the last four years, he should come tell us who was subsidizing Who.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by derbykol(f): 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2020
favor914:
Surprising simple Economics 101 explained, and you still can’t comprehend? Don’t worry yourself too much, when Dangote’s refinery comes on stream, the price of petroleum crude products will fall.
Dangote refinery will never be an antidote.
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by DexterousOne(m): 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2020
iLegendd:
I didn't read and they don't need to explain. We Nigerians love the hike. In fact, it should be 200 or more per liter because everyone is rich in Nigeria.

If you doubt, call a Nigerian "poor" and see how angry he or she will be.

So, Buhari, you're the best. We Nigerians love to suffer. If possible, we want you to rule us for 2 more terms.

Nigerian constitution needs to be amended because of you.

I get the sarcasm

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by hush15: 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2020
COMPAQ:

If you really believed petrol could sell at N40, then most likely the fault is with you!

The reason why it could not is relatively simple and basic economics.

Of course I didn't believe but I also believe price shouldn't be more than a hundred if things are done right.

We have the facility, we have the resource, we have the workforce that can make it possible. Our local market consumption alone can sustain this economy if government are judicious in the expenses, even with a few excesses but no, not this governmen but at the end of the day, its the people that suffer the consequences

It's so annoying
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by Amudeneogu: 3:58pm On Sep 03, 2020
Is this democracy or what?
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by bobochem: 3:58pm On Sep 03, 2020
Buhari and apc are agent of great tribulation.yeye govt.guys our #mumudotoomuch
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by BigIyanga: 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2020
If elections are held tomorrow, same people crying would still vote for GMB... dont ask me why??
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by anonimi: 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2020
quiteboy:
Now as the minister for Petroleum in the last four years, he should come tell us who was subsidizing Who.

He cannot, and IBB knows why.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2615370_facebook20150226111711_jpeg0c454a4b9e79b337bde62bca91797926

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026536_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by hush15: 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2020
favor914:
The refineries are dead today because of the so called subsidy by Government, nobody will buy a refinery that is doomed for gross losses, remove regulations, let the market forces fix the price, that is how it is done here in the United States, the price off gasoline in Houston Texas, is not the same price in Columbus Ohio, there are different factors that will still come into play, from state taxes, to delivery & distribution.

But that was the mission in 2012, and Nigerians rejected it but today, they both paying for subsidy, and still paying high fuel prices.

As for the refineries, refinery is a machinery system and can be fixed if properly done. It might be a complete overhaul or just a few parts replacement. We have seen people over haul cars, houses, businesses, what's different about refinery?

After all, they will still spend on building new refinery? Let them sell it at right prices, people will buy and turn it around. Where there is issue is who to sell it to and the motive for selling. That's the problem
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by King44(m): 4:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
Let's go back to fuel subsidy because the money they would realised would not be stolen but would be swallowed again and again so oga your write up is nonsense.

Oga they won't do shit with the money they would realize.

Which covid 19 scamdemic, besides they are prolonging it because of useless ASUU
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by Wettoid123: 4:09pm On Sep 03, 2020
I just bought fuel #2000 at #161.50k per litre and my fuel guage did not even go up, what kind of shit is this!
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by classicfrank4u(m): 4:23pm On Sep 03, 2020
favor914:
Peasant mindset you want the price of cement in The Giant of Africa Nigeria to be the same price as Benin Republic & Togo? My Brother Lagos State alone is richer than the whole ECOWAS bloc. The richest families in Togo & Republic of Benin combined is not as rich as Aunty Folurunsho Alakija.

That's the sad thing about trying so hard to defend this government, at some point you end up sounding very stupid.
Just read the nonsense u typed

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by Fortyfifty(m): 4:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
Buhari na bastard...Hausa and Fulani na him go suffer pass

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by drololaaof: 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
Why fuel subsidy? In a country where we should be exporting refined petroleum products but our leaders keep telling us cock and bull stories why the refineries can not work . SHAME. They went to Mali to return ho democratic govt when they have failed the people
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by jaxxy(m): 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2020
Apc and this government always have excuses for their failures. Remove subsidy they won’t still use the extra funds for anything meaningful. Bad planning, bad projections and bad/ill timed policies.
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2020
All talk and no action ! Bleep y'all fearful Nigerians, especially youth ! Making noise and ranting online behind your keyboards won't change anything. Y'all know what to do to take back your country from these wicked politicians but fear,your greatest enemy,won't allow you to do it. When you conquer your fear first,your fear of DSS,Police,Military,etc, then you'll be able to explore various options that are available to you to take back your country and reposition it for the benefit of all.

Until then, continue to enjoy the tyrant Fulani man in aso rock.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by Minjim: 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2020
Are are we importing fuel in the first place.

Are we dump?

How can the govt allow importation of refined crude to continue?
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by balraf(m): 5:38pm On Sep 03, 2020
Hmm, God no go shame us

WHY THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS SECTOR IS THE BEST PLACE TO DO BUSINESS NOW?

It’s simple, Nigerians spend more money on buying smart phones and most importantly airtime, and data more than they do anything else.

How is this possible? Nigerians rely on their phones and internet for EVERYTHING.

HERE ARE SOME FACTS TO PONDER ON:

In 2018, Nigeria had 92.3 million internet users. This figure is projected to grow to 187.8 million internet users by 2023.

Secondly, Nigeria ranks 8 out of the top 20 countries with internet users.

Over 3 million Nigerians recharge their phones PER HOUR

Within 3 months Nigerians consume airtime that totaled roughly N680 BILLION.

That's why recharge and get paid is here for us, let's take our share

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by optm(m): 5:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
stephanie11:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/explainer-what-you-must-know-about-new-petrol-pump-price/
why not the govt cut down on the cost of governance to free up finances for critical sectors ? why shld the masses bear the cost of their lavishness ?
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by Keepinmahcul: 5:45pm On Sep 03, 2020
flexd99:
We all knew the price slash was temporal

BTW,
UK used HP probook 6440
4gb RAM
Intel corei5
2gb total graphics memory6
55k only!

I'm interested. Please contact me on whatsapp @ 08168453008
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by henryhemon(m): 5:49pm On Sep 03, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note / Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home / Atiku/obi Receive Warm Welcome In Lagos Despite Work Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.