Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know (57971 Views)

After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper / Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre / FG To Reduce Petrol Price To ₦130 From ₦145 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by LaboPolitics: 6:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
We yoruba muslims are very intelligent to know that IPOB and Kanu increased the fuel price. Buhari is not the one who increased it, it was coward Nnamdi kanu who did it from London. This is why we hate Biafra.

grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by osazsky(m): 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
horsepower102:
Where are the protests? Where is #occupy Nigeria.

I always knew Nigerians are hypocrites but the level this fact has been exposed under Buhari’ls administration is beyond belief.
Lagos yoruba not Nigerians are
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by COMPAQ(m): 6:14pm On Sep 03, 2020
hush15:

Of course I didn't believe but I also believe price shouldn't be more than a hundred if things are done right.

We have the facility, we have the resource, we have the workforce that can make it possible. Our local market consumption alone can sustain this economy if government are judicious in the expenses, even with a few excesses but no, not this governmen but at the end of the day, its the people that suffer the consequences

It's so annoying

Even the N100 would be a tall order. The fact that we have oil doesn't mean its free. There is a cost to finding, developing and producing it. There is also the opportunity cost of using it locally. If I am a local crude producer with option of selling to Dangote refinery in Naira and selling internationally in dollars, I will only sell to Dangote if it pays me. The moment it doesn't, I would rather sell internationally.

Therefore the opportunity cost of selling a barrel of crude to Dangote N11,400 ($30*400) is the difference between $30 and the international price of crude, which is $ 43.

Point is Dangote will have to get his crude at near international price and that therefore means it would be very unlikely for petrol to be N100. Even the portion that will come from his own oil fields, which cannot sustain the refinery, won't be at below cost price of producing it.
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by hush15: 6:47pm On Sep 03, 2020
COMPAQ:

Even the N100 would be a tall order. The fact that we have oil doesn't mean its free. There is a cost to finding, developing and producing it. There is also the opportunity cost of using it locally. If I am a local crude producer with option of selling to Dangote refinery in Naira and selling internationally in dollars, I will only sell to Dangote if it pays me. The moment it doesn't, I would rather sell internationally.

Therefore the opportunity cost of selling a barrel of crude to Dangote N11,400 ($30*400) is the difference between $30 and the international price of crude, which is $ 43.

Point is Dangote will have to get his crude at near international price and that therefore means it would be very unlikely for petrol to be N100. Even the portion that will come from his own oil fields, which cannot sustain the refinery, won't be at below cost price of producing it.

Ofcourse, nothing is free but with sincerity of purpose and conscience, prices will be fair and am pretty sure hovering that range. Dangote don't have to get anything at international price because he isn't the only one who can refine products locally. Modular refineries can meet local demands and modular refineries can be delved into by more people. Just make it an open market. When there is competition, pricing is will be fair. When dangote now wants to leave local market for international, then he can get international market price.

It all ends up to sincerity of purpose.
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by donprinyo(m): 6:47pm On Sep 03, 2020
damofaith:
Ogun, saponna and Sango strike you for defending Buhari
U no get sense sef
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by quiteboy(m): 6:56pm On Sep 03, 2020
Baba is always in love with the petroleum sector, it's a shame that some persons still see him as a saint.
anonimi:

He cannot, and IBB knows why.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2615370_facebook20150226111711_jpeg0c454a4b9e79b337bde62bca91797926

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026536_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by BobTeeJoe: 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
Government should have cut down cost of governance instead of inflicting more pain and hardship to Nigerian.

Governments are the cause of all social ills in the land through harsh government policies. Most of these policies have sent many industries packing from Nigeria to other countries. Many businesses collapsed and dead.

Insecurities among many challenges we face in Nigeria is the result of a failed system.

It's sad and pathetic that situation keep getting worse and Nigeria government is feeling cool as if all is well.
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by Uniquedan: 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2020
May God trouble all the politicians the way they trouble us

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by UD101(m): 7:33pm On Sep 03, 2020
JUST THINKING ALOUD

In the same week

1. DSTV subscription increased

2. Electricity tarrif increased.

3. Petrol pump price increased.

4. Interest on savings in banks reduced to 1.25% from 3.75%.

5. Inflation on the rise - 12.5%

6. Unemployment/ Underemployment on the rise.

Very uninteresting week I must say.

What are the teeming youths who would bear the brunt of the consequences doing?

Watching Big Brother Nigeria!!!

Many aren't even aware of these developments...

So So Sad....
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by tete7000(m): 7:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
Tam David West is probably roasting in hell by now...

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by juman(m): 8:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
Corruption in nnpc is massively colossally enormous.
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by Wizedoc(m): 8:39pm On Sep 03, 2020
Nigerians should stop voting people for second tenure. Once you are done with one tenure, out with the old, in with the new. That way, politicians may sit up. This will help even if it may not totally solve the problem, it will be a good place to start.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by Dharmiejoe(m): 10:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
What goes up in Nigeria never comes down. Sadly that has been the history of this country. The resultant effect is more hardship on Nigerians. This is never the right time to remove subsidy in as much as we are not refining crude oil in Nigeria the landing cost will always remain high.
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by FarmTech(m): 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2020
If it was GEJ
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by Bennycollins: 11:08pm On Sep 03, 2020
Rubbish, I mean utter rubbish. Why should the landing cost be higher than when crude price was over a hundred $ PB?? It is because we are saddled with a conglomeration of bunkums as leaders. The govt is peopled by the worse entities in history, economic ignoramuses. What is the logic in higher fuel price has fallen to as low as $40? They cannot in a century bring the naira value even to what it was when the took over.
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by intruder15(m): 11:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
stephanie11:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/explainer-what-you-must-know-about-new-petrol-pump-price/

How can a country that have crude oil be importing fuel in 2020?.

How can you have beans in your house but go outside to buy ewa agoyin or Moi Moi?

It doesn't make any sense.
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by HabaHaba: 11:49pm On Sep 03, 2020
horsepower102:
Where are the protests? Where is #occupy Nigeria.

I always knew Nigerians are hypocrites but the level this fact has been exposed under Buhari’s administration is beyond belief.

Walahi, youvw said it all. Nigerians are bigots!!

I've always said it that it's the Northerners are the ones ruling Nigeria.
When Jona removed fuel subsidies na strike straight!!!
Despite the nature of my work, we all stayed at home for almost 2 weeks. Just simply because he's a gentle man and from the South!!!

I've made up my mind, if I'm to rule Naija I WILL NEVER BE GENTLE ON THEM!!!

Because they only appreciate hardness, hardship and hardheartedness (permit my new word) like when babes dey hit you hard & your loving her more (like that Mumu in BBN0 Loving Eririke/Erica)!!! Like the way we loved wicked heated leaders like OBJ & PMB.

Haba!!! Why can't the North revolt and take to the streets?!!! Why?!!

Na Mu ne, kowai!!!

It Is WELL!!!
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by themanderon: 12:00am On Sep 04, 2020
And the noose keeps getting tighter. They want to repay all those bogus loans taken from the Chinese. More sinister increases to come.
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by shugabasbn: 1:55am On Sep 04, 2020
May God forgive Baba the wey him Dem do Nigeria upon all his promise and at his age
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by Obeysco: 7:51am On Sep 04, 2020
Must we be depending on oil and gas alone? Can't the Federal government use their brain and think of revenue generation from other sectors Anyways, we are being ruled by the people with vacuum in their heads.
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by morgstreme: 4:16am On Sep 08, 2020
AerialMapper:
Much ado over nothing!

A 10 naira increase in fuel only translates to about 600 naira more for a car owner going by an average of 60litre tank capacity assuming you are not like broke ass people like morgstreme who buy quarter tank!

Surely, 600 naira is not worth all these complaints considering during times of scarcity we gladly pay 200-300 naira a litre from the balck market

However we know the tendency of transporters to over-exaggerate the effect of fuel price increases to hike prices disproportionally...and that is where the issue lies!

For the APC members and supporters of this failed government, i really hope you all are paying 87 naira o!!!

We all hope to pay 16.60k...where PDP met it and started their devilish campaign of price increment due to their version of scam subsidy..

Morons everywhere!
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by morgstreme: 4:35am On Sep 08, 2020
laosy:
Buhari oooooo, May you suffer for 600yrs grin grin.

The irony is that na we, the citizens dey help you suffer amgrin grin
You never see anything.
Shebi una want next level and this is it grin

slowpoke!

This was when Nigeria was working..

Under GEJ's "Fresh Air"..

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by morgstreme: 4:37am On Sep 08, 2020
Damidave1124:
Trying to justify why they are making life hard for those that put them in power.
In my own opinion, this is pure wickedness.

As usual, only the poor will feel the hardship this government is subjecting us to

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by morgstreme: 4:38am On Sep 08, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:
The only thing to note is that Buhari is an Incompetent Buffoon

GEJ...infact PDP try well...

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by morgstreme: 4:42am On Sep 08, 2020
nairaman66:
In time to come, when you say your name is Buhari, you will be stoned and burnt.

Buhari is an evil being whose modus operandi is to bring poverty and death to the land. This evil man called Buhari successfully scammed/defrauded Nigerians twice!

Yes...

Like this..

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by nairaman66(m): 4:48am On Sep 08, 2020
morgstreme:

Yes...

Like this..

No like this!

Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by edoairways: 5:37am On Sep 08, 2020
flexd99:
We all knew the price slash was temporal

BTW,
UK used HP probook 6440
4gb RAM
Intel corei5
2gb total graphics memory
55k only!

You knew the price was temporal
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by morgstreme: 6:37am On Sep 08, 2020
nairaman66:

No like this!

Your heros should take us back to where they met fuel;at 16.60k per litre..

And rice at 2350 per bag..

Naira to dollar at 20naira..

Morons everywhere..
Re: Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know by nairaman66(m): 6:40am On Sep 08, 2020
morgstreme:

Your heros should take us back to where they met fuel;at 16.60k per litre..

And rice at 2350 per bag..

Naira to dollar at 20naira..

Morons everywhere..

Or this! The blame master you are neck deep in his ass.

For more than 36 years after, Buhari keeps blaming different folks for his personal failure! Is Buhari worthy to be called a leader?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot / CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note / Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.