Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever (29786 Views)

Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion / Hate Speech Fine: You Won’t Be In Power Forever – Apostle Suleman Tells PMB, Oth / NASS, DSS, Police Set To Take Over Edo Assembly, Issue Directive To Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by martineverest(m): 6:45am On Sep 04, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
The oba is an APC member so I'm not surprised
he is not..he also criticized APC,just that the moderators are only posting the PDP side of his criticism.oba has been a fan of obaseki
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by martineverest(m): 6:47am On Sep 04, 2020
Abalado:
This so called Oba Atope eee is a typical APC man,,if u know u know
he is no my sister...he criticized both actions of APC and pdp.nairaland chose to post pdp side to make it look as if he supports APC
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by masterflowx(m): 6:52am On Sep 04, 2020
easyfem:
does it mean he is campaigning for APC stylishly coz he just warned the deputy ............. i dont really like nigeria politic cox they are all the same but OSHOMOLE character make me hate PDP in that state so i never wish him well at all coz if pdp win . osho will still b in power after power

You don't know anything about politics and you're commenting on a topic under politics. Who asked you to come out from the romance section and put your dirty mouth on the political matter? Who told you that Oshiomhole is a PDP man?

You deserve a good brain resetting slap...

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Nadaken: 6:52am On Sep 04, 2020
martineverest:
he is no my sister...he criticized both actions of APC and pdp.nairaland chose to post pdp side to make it look as if he supports APC
just post it na
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Benmob: 6:54am On Sep 04, 2020
onanapower:
This guy is playing partisan

Simple
is not partisan,I think nairaland mod is only pushing obasaki part soon d counter part of Oshiomole own will come out am very sure...
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 04, 2020
QuickStandard:
cool cool cool
Journalists and bloggers will always quote people out of context.

I believe the words of the OBA were an advice to Obaseki, not to thread the path of Oshiomole, who thought he would be in power forever.

We buy used inverter batteries

You no get data? Play the YouTube video na
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by owila4luv(m): 7:01am On Sep 04, 2020
27Pushing30:

In the Oba’s case it is for life aka forever. Understand logic before saying thrash.

There's A Big Different Between Forever And Life Time. The Oba Will Be On Throne Through Out His Life Time But Terms And Condition Applies
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by chiedonedoor(m): 7:12am On Sep 04, 2020
Edolites please do the needful.
Remember, Galatians 6:7 KJV
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Tareq1105: 7:13am On Sep 04, 2020
seunmsg:
I’m glad someone is finally telling Obaseki the bitter truth. His conduct since last year leaves much to be desired. This governorship thing will end one day no matter how long and he will become a powerless ordinary citizen.

This is the time for him to calm down and not burn down the state due to desperation to remain in power. He should prepare his mind to accept the decision of the people and stop the unnecessary violence that Shaibu is pushing him to sponsor.

The Oba (just like the Senate, HoR, Apc committees, eminent Nigerians, etc) tried to intervene then but trust Obaseki in his usual characteristics would not allow anyone to intervene.

Oba's statements to Obaseki and Philip Shaibu is a confirmation of what some of us have been saying that they are the ones behind the political insecurity in Edo.

Obaseki is in advantage position having been there for over 3 yrs and half now.

Therefore, if Obaseki has truly done well then he should allow his works speak for him. He doesn't have to encourage violence to get 2nd term.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by NosaHenry(m): 7:13am On Sep 04, 2020
It was a general statement to all political office holders. Electoral positions are transient he said.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by uniqueboi1(m): 7:13am On Sep 04, 2020
This forum and its mods are just mad APC propagandists. Pay no mind to the fool who posted this. Go and watch the full video on YouTube.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by MartinsD12(m): 7:18am On Sep 04, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash
bullcrap
you think everyone is Adeleke or Abba that their mandate was robbed with violence.

from experience the only language APC understands is violence and I'm happy Obaseki is giving it to them fire for fire.

It's rig and roast
period!!!
no two ways about that
the will of Edolites is that Obaseki should return
no frog head bastard and his criminal pasta can stop it.
do anyhow
see anyhow
the votes of Edolites must be protected at all cost.
the will of Edolites must prevail.

Wike crushed apc with their federal might in Rivers
ordinary udom did it in Akwa ibom
Obaseki will do it

Nonsense!!

4+4=obaseki

kiss the truth hypocrite
It's a perfect match let the wrestling match begin, Obaseki has hard-core men his deputy is one of them, wike is no nonsense man, they give Apc sleepless nights.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Deborah98(f): 7:19am On Sep 04, 2020
jaxxy:

Obaseki has no problem with anyone.
okay if you say so
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by holywind(m): 7:19am On Sep 04, 2020
day in day out, politicians are never permanent enemies/friends, don't be surprised if you see these two men eating in one plate tomorow, na youths wey go die for dem i dey pity. holy fvckk
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by uniqueboi1(m): 7:20am On Sep 04, 2020
Benmob:
is not partisan,I think nairaland mod is only pushing obasaki part soon d counter part of Oshiomole own will come out am very sure...

You are very correct. If you watched the whole video you will see the oba was referring to both parties not just Obaseki. But we know nairaland and their mods.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by uchvic(m): 7:27am On Sep 04, 2020
APC supporter no doubt.. Ur caption is biased

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Esesuwa8: 7:27am On Sep 04, 2020
Why this one sided punch? Thought it was a peace agreement o. Is he an APC man?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by computer0810(m): 7:34am On Sep 04, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash
bullcrap
you think everyone is Adeleke or Abba that their mandate was robbed with violence.

from experience the only language APC understands is violence and I'm happy Obaseki is giving it to them fire for fire.

It's rig and roast
period!!!
no two ways about that
do anyhow
see anyhow

Obaseki will do it

Nonsense!!

4+4=obaseki

kiss the truth hypocrite
na so u go dey make empty noise as if u can do anything

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Emmerlee(m): 7:40am On Sep 04, 2020
Why is this video and matter being repeated over and over
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Zetty177x: 7:43am On Sep 04, 2020
WATCHOVER:
Sure nothing last forever.

If they just signed the peace agreement and left without the Oba saying anything would have been better, instead of this statement from him.

Anyone can criticise me, am entitled to my opinion and I stand firmly by my comment

I accept ur comment..even Obaseki has the powers to dethrone the Oba
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by ledaman: 7:51am On Sep 04, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash
bullcrap

It's rig and roast
period!!!
no two ways about that
do anyhow
see anyhow

Obaseki will do it

Nonsense!!

4+4=obaseki

kiss the truth hypocrite
You are the biggest Hypocrite of the Millennium, Comments on the write up not to attack there writer!
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by ledaman: 7:52am On Sep 04, 2020
allthingsgood:
Obaseki has been largely a fool
PDP has collected there own share of the goodies! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by ledaman: 7:54am On Sep 04, 2020
QuickStandard:
cool cool cool
Journalists and bloggers will always quote people out of context.

I believe the words of the OBA were an advice to Obaseki, not to thread the path of Oshiomole, who thought he would be in power forever.
Why can't click on the video than to write trash!

We buy used inverter batteries
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by itu404(m): 7:54am On Sep 04, 2020
You are mischievous in your attempt to put a spin on what the Monarch was saying; Do not draw the Monarch into your politics. Play your politics and please know where to draw the line.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by leykelvin: 8:01am On Sep 04, 2020
I salute the efforts of the Palace to ensure peace and calm in Edo State.
My gratitude to our Oba for calling this guys finally to order and make them realized, that seeking political office is not a do or die issue.

However, from the video i watched, i think our Oba was abit too one-sided unless of course we have not seen all the video coverage. I watched him repeatedly "advising" or rather warning governor Obaseki and dis deputy Shaibu. I wonder why the same warning was not given to Oshiomole and Ize Iyamu who called himself and his thugs Lions and Tigers. A person who is sending his thugs to every Ward to cause unrest. Ize Iyamu should have been told to go seek office in the Zoo where fellow Lions, Tigers and Rabbits will cast votes for him. You can´t be a Lion and Tiger and expect human beings to cast their votes for you.

The Oba did not even find it necessary, the attempts made by governor Obaseki to explain the situation of things especially, when he was explaining how a thug arrested was released just like that. Even the repeated reminder of Obaseki that he can´t be in the office forever which of course is true for everyone, was not necessary. However if this have to be, then the Oba should have told Oshiomole to behave himself as ex-governor to ensure that peace reign in Edo State. Aftreall Oyegun and Igbinedion are Ex-governors and are not behaving like Oshiomole. Bringing the Issue of how Jonathan conceded to Buhari in order for peace to reign, is almost like saying Obaseki should be ready to handover. Again this was not necessary. Even if this have to be the same should have been told to Ize Iyamu to prepare to accept the outcome if he loses.

The Oba in my opinion should have invited the political actors of the concerned Parties and use his mighty words to talk senses right into the head of everyone of them irrespective of who the person is. The public can easily be influenced if the warning goes too one-sided. Even for the Oba to repeatedly tell us, he was quiet all the way when Oshiomole suggested Obaseki as his Successor, was eqaully not neccesary especially, when the Oba did not tell us his reasons for being quiet. The only thing this implies is that the Oba was not quite ok with Oshiomoles Chance for Obaseki then. This alone can influence Voters negatively against Obaseki.

My advice here, no matter what history told us about the Obaseki family and the Palace, we should judge the present governor and his deputy based on their performance so far. They have done well. People are happy and satisfied with them. That is how it should be. We have to forgive and love ourselves.

Oshiomole has got nothing to offer to Edo People again. His time is over. He is only making much noise in Edo now because his wings have been plucked at the Federal level. Edo is now the only place he has to dance his dance. Too late anyway
As for Ize Iyamu, i repeat, in a healthy society, this guy would never have been allowed to seek public office again in his life especially because of the case the EFCC is having against him. How can a Person who is being charged for the 700 Million Naira he misappropriated come up to seek public office again? Na wa for our society ooo! How will all this politicians ever learn their lessons? When will we stop celebrating thieves and corrupt people?

I want to use this opportunity too to salute governor Obaseki and his deputy Shaibu für their transparent humility.
Oshiomole in his thank you Address at the Palace is feeling cool and feels as if he has won the election for his thugs.
September 19 will shame you and your gangs.

Long live our Oba
God bless Edo State.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by 27Pushing30: 8:11am On Sep 04, 2020
owila4luv:
There's A Big Different Between Forever And Life Time. The Oba Will Be On Throne Through Out His Life Time But Terms And Condition Applies

Understand logic
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by 27Pushing30: 8:12am On Sep 04, 2020
gambia:

Go and ask former emir of kano b4 saying thrash.

was the emir of Kano selected or did he ascend the throne ?

We already know our next Oba... do the people of Kano know theirs??

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by tonididdy(m): 8:13am On Sep 04, 2020
I dont believe this news or the latter about shaibu calling his boys to order.

The Oba of Benin Empire, will never stoop himself low to biasm.

Long live the king... Oba a tot kpeye... Ise.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by AreaFada2: 8:13am On Sep 04, 2020
ojuu4u:

If oba didn't tell each of them the bitter truth it won't have any meaningful impact, signing peace pact that is not enforceable. But obaseki and shaibu would calm down now. I knw oba would say one or two bitter truth for pastor too, his own may not be weighty like those in govt.
God bless you. You know this platform is APC platform run by SW APC people largely.
Anything that criticises anyone perceived to not kiss APC leaders ass makes front page and is overblown.

They forget that since Obaseki and Shuaibu are in power now, speaking truth to power is crucial if truly seeking for peace. Otherwise face accusations of having received money from government.

Everyone know that virtually all the known thugs in Edo belong to APC. One even celebrating billion Naira alert publicly, no question asked.
Advice given to one applies to all.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by 27Pushing30: 8:14am On Sep 04, 2020
Iamnotfearyou:

Who is saying trash? Sanusi of Kano did last forever

Comparing the Kano Emirate with The Kingdom of Benin is laughable.

Sha im not surprised. In a country where ignorance is rife you’re well within the law of averages las las.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Judolisco(m): 8:20am On Sep 04, 2020
Nobody will be in power 4ever including his royal majesty d oba

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It’s Shameful For Buhari To Hand Over Power To Opposition – Adamu / Throwback Photo Of Rabiu Kwankwaso And Governor Ganduje / Osinbajo, Ambode, Ajimobi Hold Their Agbada In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.