Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever (29785 Views)

Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion / Hate Speech Fine: You Won’t Be In Power Forever – Apostle Suleman Tells PMB, Oth / NASS, DSS, Police Set To Take Over Edo Assembly, Issue Directive To Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Judolisco(m): 8:21am On Sep 04, 2020
27Pushing30:

Comparing the Kano Emirate with The Kingdom of Benin is laughable.

Sha im not surprised. In a country where ignorance is rife you’re well within the law of averages las las.
oga obaseki has d power to remove d oba has ganduje did to sls
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by 27Pushing30: 8:32am On Sep 04, 2020
Judolisco:
oga obaseki has d power to remove d oba has ganduje did to sls

Lol let Obaseki try it na. Your ignorance stinks.

Sanusi was SELECTED , Ooni was SELECTED

For your education ... What makes the Benin stool unique is that no governor can remove the Oba, they did not put him there. He owes them nothing even if you were half smart you would understand from the commanding tone of the Oba that he was talking to them as his subjects.

Even Esama went on his knees to beg our Oba for forgiveness after he was banished from the palace during Licky’s tenure as governor. If the father of a sitting governor can beg then You? A commoner with zero power is hiding behind a keyboard making ignorant assumptions.

Take care

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Mires: 8:38am On Sep 04, 2020
WATCHOVER:
Sure nothing last forever.

If they just signed the peace agreement and left without the Oba saying anything would have been better, instead of this statement from him.

Anyone can criticise me, am entitled to my opinion and I stand firmly by my comment

You are very correct. The statement from Oba is not humane. It somewhat reveals his interest.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by 4tomandchi: 8:40am On Sep 04, 2020
Why use Oyegun as example when Oshiomohle was seated there ? It only further shows how useless Oshiomohle is and from the looks of things he can only drag Eze- to failure.
Edo Vote wisely.
Edo Vote continuity.
Edo Vote Obaseki.
Obaseki all the way.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by nengibo: 8:41am On Sep 04, 2020
27Pushing30:

In the Oba’s case it is for life aka forever. Understand logic before saying thrash.

Greater kings have been dethroned , even the great czars whose empires where a million times greater than Benin at its peak in size

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by drskyfly007(m): 9:01am On Sep 04, 2020
allthingsgood:
Obaseki has been largely a fool
you are a bigger fool grin
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by MrImole: 9:13am On Sep 04, 2020
27Pushing30:

For your education ... What makes the Benin stool unique is that no governor can remove the Oba, they did not put him there. He owes them nothing even if you were half smart you would understand from the commanding tone of the Oba that he was talking to them as his subjects.

Even Esama went on his knees to beg our Oba for forgiveness after he was banished from the palace during Licky’s tenure as governor. If the father of a sitting governor can beg then You? A commoner with zero power is hiding behind a keyboard making ignorant assumptions.

Take care

You're embarrassing yourself man, a state governor reserves the power to remove any king.

Dirty sexy constitution, I like it.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by seunayantokun(m): 9:15am On Sep 04, 2020
The oba must have spoken to the two people. I don't believe a traditional ruler would invite them and tell off one side in the presence of the other. That would look partial. Enough of one-sided wishy-washy journalism.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 04, 2020
seunmsg:
I’m glad someone is finally telling Obaseki the bitter truth. His conduct since last year leaves much to be desired. This governorship thing will end one day no matter how long and he will become a powerless ordinary citizen.

This is the time for him to calm down and not burn down the state due to desperation to remain in power. He should prepare his mind to accept the decision of the people and stop the unnecessary violence that Shaibu is pushing him to sponsor.
No, his supposed desperation must not end.
People choose to be clever by half, we on ground know the reality.
What about the desperation of those who want to unsit him? They have been saints all along?
Please, go and enjoy the change you voted for, after all sentiments have been the bane of us all.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Judolisco(m): 9:25am On Sep 04, 2020
27Pushing30:

Take care
oga dem go comut oba and nothing go happen... Was an oba not removed by the British empire... The governor is backed by law and he can remove a traditional ruler... All dis stuff u r saying is history

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by AbuAeesha: 9:30am On Sep 04, 2020
WATCHOVER:
Sure nothing last forever.

If they just signed the peace agreement and left without the Oba saying anything would have been better, instead of this statement from him.

Anyone can criticise me, am entitled to my opinion and I stand firmly by my comment
even when it's obvious to rational individuals that u are threading the wrong path?
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by owila4luv(m): 10:50am On Sep 04, 2020
27Pushing30:

Understand logic
Really?....
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Bimpe29: 11:22am On Sep 04, 2020
Not only power but everything about life is transient.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by 27Pushing30: 11:32am On Sep 04, 2020
MrImole:

You're embarrassing yourself man, a state governor reserves the power to remove any king.

Dirty sexy constitution, I like it.

Your problem is ignorance. There’s no cure for that hence term “ignorance is bliss”
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by 27Pushing30: 11:34am On Sep 04, 2020
Judolisco:
oga dem go comut oba and nothing go happen... Was an oba not removed by the British empire... The governor is backed by law and he can remove a traditional ruler... All dis stuff u r saying is history

That you’re referencing a FOREIGN entity that invaded a land and to cement control exiled the Oba makes me say GOD PUNISH EVERY POLITICIAN THAT HAS CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR CURRENT IGNORANT STATE BY SPOILING OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM. Amen �
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Judolisco(m): 11:43am On Sep 04, 2020
27Pushing30:

That you’re referencing a FOREIGN entity that invaded a land and to cement control exiled the Oba makes me say GOD PUNISH EVERY POLITICIAN THAT HAS CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR CURRENT IGNORANT STATE BY SPOILING OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM. Amen �
lol, you are a funny man/boy so u mean ur oba was scared of foreign powers ... Obaseki can remove the oba of Benin... Simple question can a governor remove a traditional ruler?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Nadaken: 11:53am On Sep 04, 2020
leykelvin:
I salute the efforts of the Palace to ensure peace and calm in Edo State.
My gratitude to our Oba for calling this guys finally to order and make them realized, that seeking political office is not a do or die issue.

However, from the video i watched, i think our Oba was abit too one-sided unless of course we have not seen all the video coverage. I watched him repeatedly "advising" or rather warning governor Obaseki and dis deputy Shaibu. I wonder why the same warning was not given to Oshiomole and Ize Iyamu who called himself and his thugs Lions and Tigers. A person who is sending his thugs to every Ward to cause unrest. Ize Iyamu should have been told to go seek office in the Zoo where fellow Lions, Tigers and Rabbits will cast votes for him. You can´t be a Lion and Tiger and expect human beings to cast their votes for you.

The Oba did not even find it necessary, the attempts made by governor Obaseki to explain the situation of things especially, when he was explaining how a thug arrested was released just like that. Even the repeated reminder of Obaseki that he can´t be in the office forever which of course is true for everyone, was not necessary. However if this have to be, then the Oba should have told Oshiomole to behave himself as ex-governor to ensure that peace reign in Edo State. Aftreall Oyegun and Igbinedion are Ex-governors and are not behaving like Oshiomole. Bringing the Issue of how Jonathan conceded to Buhari in order for peace to reign, is almost like saying Obaseki should be ready to handover. Again this was not necessary. Even if this have to be the same should have been told to Ize Iyamu to prepare to accept the outcome if he loses.

The Oba in my opinion should have invited the political actors of the concerned Parties and use his mighty words to talk senses right into the head of everyone of them irrespective of who the person is. The public can easily be influenced if the warning goes too one-sided. Even for the Oba to repeatedly tell us, he was quiet all the way when Oshiomole suggested Obaseki as his Successor, was eqaully not neccesary especially, when the Oba did not tell us his reasons for being quiet. The only thing this implies is that the Oba was not quite ok with Oshiomoles Chance for Obaseki then. This alone can influence Voters negatively against Obaseki.

My advice here, no matter what history told us about the Obaseki family and the Palace, we should judge the present governor and his deputy based on their performance so far. They have done well. People are happy and satisfied with them. That is how it should be. We have to forgive and love ourselves.

Oshiomole has got nothing to offer to Edo People again. His time is over. He is only making much noise in Edo now because his wings have been plucked at the Federal level. Edo is now the only place he has to dance his dance. Too late anyway
As for Ize Iyamu, i repeat, in a healthy society, this guy would never have been allowed to seek public office again in his life especially because of the case the EFCC is having against him. How can a Person who is being charged for the 700 Million Naira he misappropriated come up to seek public office again? Na wa for our society ooo! How will all this politicians ever learn their lessons? When will we stop celebrating thieves and corrupt people?

I want to use this opportunity too to salute governor Obaseki and his deputy Shaibu für their transparent humility.
Oshiomole in his thank you Address at the Palace is feeling cool and feels as if he has won the election for his thugs.
September 19 will shame you and your gangs.

Long live our Oba
God bless Edo State.

it is the full video and I believe it was a dress rehearsal on purpose.

Oba started by praising oshomole who he said did very well in governance and had a very cordial relationship with to the extent he frequent far iyamo.

The statement of oshomole successor and him repeatedly keeping quite was to say tell obaseki that it was oshomole that made him to political limelight against every odd.

He expressly even blamed obaseki for allowing the issue degenerate with his benefactor, I think constantly he was reminding oshomole if he could remember this and that (more like see where your oversabi and blind trust cost you).

Philip was repeatedly warned too, (I think he mentioned you guys where in same party and brothers) but it seemed Philip outburst with Adams (his political father is what angered the oba to say he can't call him his son ) because Philip is the Same Philip of yester years that used same thugs so what changed.

Then the mention of Dan orbih, oyegun scolding and rescolding of obaseki.

This visit has sealed the perspective that apc has been pre arrange to win this election by hook or crook especially the you won't be in office forever and emulate gej statement.

This could be oshomole last dance politically so it's always going to be do or die to him.

You think the oba forgets what it means to oshomole and how he is taking it personal, while not admonish him instead of the praises.

Why not attack apc who shot pdp right in the palace

Lol

The visit or peace plan is an Orchestra to tame pdp and obaseki, it was more like we condemn violence but only the ones coming from pdp.

Pdp/obaseki hands is now tied he can't go fire for fire because the oba made him and his party liable for any violence.

Oshomole/apc would have a free ride in Edo north cum the machineries coming from yahaya bello in kogi (votes would be suppressed and skyrocketed but Philip can't make one move because oba has threatened him personally).

Edo South would witness alot of federal presence and kabaka and his likes would hold sway because they have just be technically given the green light by not been called to order or face sanction after what they did in palace.

Technically obaseki/pdp won't be able to react fire to fire cause Oba had threatened he swore he maintained peace and yes the very many pdp indegene who are binis won't want to offend the oba and be caught in that web.

So hope you know what's going on now

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by WATCHOVER(m): 11:53am On Sep 04, 2020
AbuAeesha:

even when it's obvious to rational individuals that u are threading the wrong path?
For speaking the truth?.
I have respect for the Oba but saying that the deputy is the one heating the game is a statement that doesn't look neutral, everyone knows that APC did some things that were wrong.
If Oshiomhole had handled the situation maturely, this issue would have been resolved long time ago.,
Up till today Edo people are still finding it hard to understand the offence of the governor.

You that is rational What is Obaseki's offence?
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by kappGODSWILL(m): 11:53am On Sep 04, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash
bullcrap
you think everyone is Adeleke or Abba that their mandate was robbed with violence.

from experience the only language APC understands is violence and I'm happy Obaseki is giving it to them fire for fire.

It's rig and roast
period!!!
no two ways about that
the will of Edolites is that Obaseki should return
no frog head bastard and his criminal pasta can stop it.
do anyhow
see anyhow
the votes of Edolites must be protected at all cost.
the will of Edolites must prevail.

Wike crushed apc with their federal might in Rivers
ordinary udom did it in Akwa ibom
Obaseki will do it

Nonsense!!

4+4=obaseki

kiss the truth hypocrite
i for like see yout aftet election when una lose i swear,then come remind of this statement wey u make.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
The Oba really want peace to ruin. Big word that got me thinking
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Etrusen(m): 1:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
Edo2020:
https://igberetvnews.com/1363425/oba-benin-obaseki-think-life-government-video/

this is absolutely why the Oba of Benin is in support of the social media bill. please stop misleading the public for your own tribal or political gains. the Benin throne as over the years been non partisan, what the Oba want from obaseki is for him being in office and is considered the eldest son to ize iyamu and the Oba been the father want obaseki to realize that he is the eldest and that ize iyamu is his brother.
browse the event yourself and see or listen for yourself before you let this self centered individuals in this forum to corrupt your listening mind because they want to post nonsense for their tribal or personal interest.

best way to picture this event is to view it this angle

Oba is the father
obaseki is the eldest son
ize iyamu is the second son

oshiomole is a friend to ize iyamu and an outsider who is in crisis with obaseki

oshiomole in this context is an outsider because it is obaseki and ize iyamu who are really on the race not oshiomole as you know that was why it was obaseki and ize iyamu that was called out to embrace each other.

obaseki is the one in power
ize iyamu is the one seeking the position

the Oba must come in with words to plead and cursion obaseki not to use his power because he is in office that was why the Oba made reference to Jonathan.

so this topic is total trash aim at tribal or political_self benefit.

long live the Oba of Benin
long live Edo state
long live FRN.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Champneys: 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
Oba gha to pkere. grin
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by orisa37: 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2020
Good Advice from Oba of Benin. Please take it. It's the Basis of Hope.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by therajah: 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
dokyOloye:
Fake news!
Compromised moderator.
Exactly!
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by adekolaelect(m): 2:56pm On Sep 04, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash
bullcrap
you think everyone is Adeleke or Abba that their mandate was robbed with violence.

from experience the only language APC understands is violence and I'm happy Obaseki is giving it to them fire for fire.

It's rig and roast
period!!!
no two ways about that
do anyhow
see anyhow

Obaseki will do it

Nonsense!!

4+4=obaseki

kiss the truth hypocrite
It is very difficult to sachet for daily means .This is the topical example of jobless Nigerians who as becomes barking Dog of politicians.

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by twofingerz: 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
Edo2020:
https://igberetvnews.com/1363425/oba-benin-obaseki-think-life-government-video/

It's obvious that this post and the poster are paid by APC. Otherwise, why will the part where the Oba addressed Ize-Iyamu be cut off?
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Desiderius(m): 5:21pm On Sep 04, 2020
Nadaken:
it is the full video and I believe it was a dress rehearsal on purpose.

Oba started by praising oshomole who he said did very well in governance and had a very cordial relationship with to the extent he frequent far iyamo.

The statement of oshomole successor and him repeatedly keeping quite was to say tell obaseki that it was oshomole that made him to political limelight against every odd.

He expressly even blamed obaseki for allowing the issue degenerate with his benefactor, I think constantly he was reminding oshomole if he could remember this and that (more like see where your oversabi and blind trust cost you).

Philip was repeatedly warned too, (I think he mentioned you guys where in same party and brothers) but it seemed Philip outburst with Adams (his political father is what angered the oba to say he can't call him his son ) because Philip is the Same Philip of yester years that used same thugs so what changed.

Then the mention of Dan orbih, oyegun scolding and rescolding of obaseki.

This visit has sealed the perspective that apc has been pre arrange to win this election by hook or crook especially the you won't be in office forever and emulate gej statement.

This could be oshomole last dance politically so it's always going to be do or die to him.

You think the oba forgets what it means to oshomole and how he is taking it personal, while not admonish him instead of the praises.

Why not attack apc who shot pdp right in the palace

Lol

The visit or peace plan is an Orchestra to tame pdp and obaseki, it was more like we condemn violence but only the ones coming from pdp.

Pdp/obaseki hands is now tied he can't go fire for fire because the oba made him and his party liable for any violence.

Oshomole/apc would have a free ride in Edo north cum the machineries coming from yahaya bello in kogi (votes would be suppressed and skyrocketed but Philip can't make one move because oba has threatened him personally).

Edo South would witness alot of federal presence and kabaka and his likes would hold sway because they have just be technically given the green light by not been called to order or face sanction after what they did in palace.

Technically obaseki/pdp won't be able to react fire to fire cause Oba had threatened he swore he maintained peace and yes the very many pdp indegene who are binis won't want to offend the oba and be caught in that web.

So hope you know what's going on now

keep dreaming
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Abujaexpress: 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2020
allthingsgood:
Obaseki has been largely a fool
A bigger one for that matter

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by AbuAeesha: 10:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
WATCHOVER:

For speaking the truth?.
I have respect for the Oba but saying that the deputy is the one heating the game is a statement that doesn't look neutral, everyone knows that APC did some things that were wrong.
If Oshiomhole had handled the situation maturely, this issue would have been resolved long time ago.,
Up till today Edo people are still finding it hard to understand the offence of the governor.

You that is rational What is Obaseki's offence?
I wasn't even referring to the edo political saga,was referring to wat u wrote about urself In ur initial comment.
actually I mean to offence
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by AkwaIbomMan(m): 12:57pm On Sep 05, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash
bullcrap

It's rig and roast
period!!!
no two ways about that
do anyhow
see anyhow

Obaseki will do it

Nonsense!!

4+4=obaseki

kiss the truth hypocrite
well spoken brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by orisa37: 2:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
Encouraging Advice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Rabiu Kwankwaso And Governor Ganduje / It’s Shameful For Buhari To Hand Over Power To Opposition – Adamu / Even If PDP Shows Video Of Tinubu/Buhari Robbing CBN, It Won't Change Our Minds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.