Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH (14246 Views)

Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief / Truck Driver Kills Wife For Reporting Him To Her Mother In Abeokuta (Graphic) / EFCC Arraigns Shehu Nura, Quantity Surveyor For Issuance Of Dud Cheque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by prof2007: 4:21am On Sep 04, 2020
Policemen from FCT Criminal Investigation Dept have allegedly threatened a surveyor, Bayo Benson, over a report by PUNCH, where he claimed some officers extorted money from him. Benson told our correspondent that one of the officers, Bimbo Oyewole, bombarded his phone with calls and threatened to deal with him.

PUNCH Metro had reported that the police arrested Benson on Friday, August 14, 2020, at Lakowe, in Ibeju-Lekki area of Lagos State. His house and office in Itamaga area of Ikorodu were also ransacked by the policemen, who claimed to be acting on a petition against a company he worked for. Benson, in an interview with our correspondent, had alleged that the policemen collected N300,000 from him before he was released, adding that his apprentice was also detained for recording their activities, while his cars and some documents were seized.

The victim said after the report was published, the Investigating Police Officer, Oyewole, who had not been taking his calls, started making threats against him. “After the publication came out on Friday, the IPO called me around 11am. He said I must write an apology in the newspaper that published my story or else they are going to deal with me. He called me back around 5pm that they were waiting for me at Area G, Ogba, and I told him I had not returned to Lagos and that I could send my lawyer to them the next day if they wanted to release my two vehicles and documents to me.

“I sent my lawyer to the police station the next day, but he was told they could not ask him what they wanted to ask me, and that I must come. I told them I could not come because that was the tactic they used when they wanted to detain my apprentice. When I told him I could not come, he started threatening my surety that if he did not bring me to the station, they would arrest him; but I told them that if they wanted to release my cars and documents, they should give them to my lawyers, and if they did not want to release them, they should charge me to court and I would appear.

“I have written a petition to the Inspector-General of Police to investigate the gross abuse of power by the policemen and order the release of my vehicles and documents.”

FCT Police Public Relations Officer, Anjuguri Manzah, said Benson was under investigation for malicious damage and attempted murder. He said, “The subject of the petition against the man in question is malicious damage and attempt to commit murder and when the command was carrying out investigation, he was mentioned by other persons arrested as the one that led the thugs who went to carry out the act. The vehicles impounded are the subject of the crime because they were used to convey the thugs to the location; one other vehicle impounded in his house has a siren that does not have a licence.

“On the issue of extortion, he has every right to approach the complaint unit or write to the Commissioner of Police for investigation.”

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/police-threaten-surveyor-for-reporting-extortion-to-punch/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Freestainworld(m): 4:30am On Sep 04, 2020
this our security agents are turning into cult groups, I wish our country could do better than what they are doing at the moment to curtail this type of behavior, you don't extort and threaten your victim because you are a uniform man

45 Likes

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Deborah98(f): 4:32am On Sep 04, 2020
Lolzzzzz someone cannot talk again in peace and btw why will they be threatening him,did he do wrong reporting their actions,am disappointed...

12 Likes

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by ipobarethieves: 4:38am On Sep 04, 2020
sad
Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Kingpee2(m): 4:54am On Sep 04, 2020
Police are thieves ,thieves are the real police .....Giggles...

18 Likes

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by PrinceOfEast(m): 5:13am On Sep 04, 2020
Jail that criminal in uniform.

Fvcking legalized criminals.

10 Likes

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Chidexter(m): 5:24am On Sep 04, 2020
There's a police seargent in my area that has successfully built a duplex and he's on the verge of erecting another edifice. I don't need a sooth Sayer to tell me how he got the money.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by PrinceOfEast(m): 5:29am On Sep 04, 2020
Chidexter:
There's a police seargent in my area that has successfully built a duplex and he's on the verge of erecting another edifice. I don't need a smooth Sayer to tell me how he got the money.
Exactly. You don't need a soothsayer, he is working and receiving salary, hope you know that undecided

Not all rich policemen are corrupt.

Discard that negative mindset.
PearlStreet:

Sergeant building a duplex is his salary?
The thing about defending stupidity is that you must also sound stupid to defend stupidity.
I ain't defending any body!

You saying all policemen are corrupt is not fair..it's a fvcking stereotype.

Terrorism is common among Islamic believers doesn't mean that all Muslim are Terrorist.
Let that sink in your myopic brain.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Crenzywilliams(m): 7:02am On Sep 04, 2020
The NPF will steal, murder and always find excuses for doing so.

9 Likes

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by longetivity(m): 8:04am On Sep 04, 2020
evil people

7 Likes

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by ceejayluv(m): 8:11am On Sep 04, 2020
PrinceOfEast:
Exactly. You don't need a soothsayer, he is working and receiving salary, hope you know that undecided

That's self-deceit. If internal affairs was active, he would have been investigated and definitely something fishy would have been found.

24 Likes

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by PrinceOfEast(m): 8:36am On Sep 04, 2020
ceejayluv:

That's self-deceit. If internal affairs was active, he would have been investigated and definitely something fishy would have been found.
Trait of a Pessimist.
Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by MrPresh2020: 8:38am On Sep 04, 2020
shocked
Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Timekeeper: 8:39am On Sep 04, 2020
This country is not sane again..

Who do we citizen look up to when the law itself has been bastardize...

Oh Nigeria, why have u failed like this?
Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 04, 2020
Police
Police
Police
Real Police don't make treats
Who can tell me what they do?
Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Slawormir: 8:39am On Sep 04, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Guyman02: 8:40am On Sep 04, 2020
Dismiss that Police Officer immediately let her go to the streets and see if she will survive easily without that uniform
Nonsense and ingredients

1 Like

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Godson213: 8:40am On Sep 04, 2020
Chidexter:
There's a police seargent in my area that has successfully built a duplex and he's on the verge of erecting another edifice. I don't need a smooth Sayer to tell me how he got the money.

I have one that has a duplex and another 4 unit of 4 bedrooms. This one day code sef day drive Toyota Big daddy

2 Likes

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by urchcoded(m): 8:41am On Sep 04, 2020
Naija police are petty thieves. Bastards arrested me for carrying rough curl(dread) hairstyle, saying I should provide documented proof that I am a celebrity or pay 50k. Barbarians.

4 Likes

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Offpoint: 8:41am On Sep 04, 2020
The police should be scrap, let us let Boko police us.

Response to robbery 5 hours later
Response to unarmed civilians protesting... 5 minutes.

Scrap the sheeeet

1 Like

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by solmusdesigns: 8:42am On Sep 04, 2020
Police are now full blown criminals
Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Queenlovely(f): 8:42am On Sep 04, 2020
[/b]

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Madibah(m): 8:42am On Sep 04, 2020
X
Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by PearlStreet(m): 8:42am On Sep 04, 2020
PrinceOfEast:

Sergeant building a duplex is his salary?
The thing about defending stupidity is that you must also sound stupid to defend stupidity.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 04, 2020
Imagine, how brazen!
Na waooo.
Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 04, 2020
PrinceOfEast:

. How much is his monthly salary? Not more than 50K

8 Likes

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:43am On Sep 04, 2020
Damn

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 04, 2020
Kingpee2:
Police are thieves ,thieves are the real police .....Giggles...
Liar, they are your friends
Friends I mean real Friends
Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Mindlog: 8:44am On Sep 04, 2020
Threatening citizens makes them feel high.

1 Like

Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Heylogistics: 8:44am On Sep 04, 2020
smiley
Re: Police Threaten Surveyor For Reporting Extortion To PUNCH by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 04, 2020
Chidexter:
He is SARS, right?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Narrates His Ordeal With Armed Robbers In In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pics) / Two OOU Students Abducted In Ogun Regain Freedom / 72-year-old Man, Others Arrested As Police Raid Scammers’ Shrine (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.