Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes (32550 Views)

FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje / TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes / Presidency Backs Lawan As APC Senators Protest Over Juicy Panels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by ebenholer2(m): 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
I doubt if the senates are not doing this without interior motives. I think it is having adverse effect on their businesses. I am very sure of that they don’t have masses in mind for doing this.

1 Like

Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by AfonjaConehead: 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2020
JohnOkolo:

I can't imagine what brings Tribalism into a simple discussion concerning our daily lives. Get over it or go to Mars.

4kU
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by AfonjaConehead: 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
JohnOkolo:

That's only what you see. When all the prices were low you were jubilating. Nigerians learns to face challenges so you understand how victories are born.
Look a human being!!!
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by JohnOkolo: 12:17pm On Sep 04, 2020
AfonjaConehead:

Look a human being!!!

Look at somebody who wants better life but still wallow in poverty.
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by 4tomandchi: 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

At a point some Yoruba misfits started calling him Ipob senator, the level of the youths foolishness cries to high heavens.
They say you never know the value of what you have until you loose it that's our case.
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by AfonjaConehead: 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2020
JohnOkolo:

Look at somebody who wants better life but still wallow in poverty.

Only broke .....@40 talk about poverty

grin
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by mentored: 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
Finnese001:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/senators-protest-fuel-electricity-hikes/amp/

Now you see the disadvantages of rubber stamp senate president

iranu
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by JAMO84: 12:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
The Senate should donate half of the allocation to finance the subsidies of petrol and electricity.

Some Nigerians would buy a 50cl bottle of beer for 250, but they don't want to buy a litre of petrol for 162.

I AM DONE TALKING
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by egobetatoday: 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
What can I say? For people who were borne before 1984, we are not surprised. In fact, we told them. It is true that what an old man sees sitting down, a young man will not see it even on top of a tree. Lol
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by orisa37: 12:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
Just impeach him.
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by COMPAQ(m): 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2020
stormborn28:
you are good at bringing all the needed parameters but you forgot the money to be saved from these government initiative will eventually end in private pockets but is it so in China if such initiatives are carried out?

That may be so, but the extra productivity, efficiency, economic growth, jobs etc that will be generated also benefits people.

And even of what is saved, if 50% is actually put to work and the other 50% stolen, add 50% to the benefits above, is it not better in the short/medium term, while we look to stop the corruption in the future? (if that is ever possible)
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by stormborn28(m): 1:02pm On Sep 04, 2020
COMPAQ:

That may be so, but the extra productivity, efficiency, economic growth, jobs etc that will be generated also benefits people.

And even of what is saved, if 50% is actually put to work and the other 50% stolen, add 50% to the benefits above, is it not better in the short/medium term, while we look to stop the corruption in the future? (if that is ever possible)

Read my mouth. Nigeria is not a sane society.. I don't trust any politician.. I don't trust the president.. Their disposition says it all.. In China, they enact laws that corrupt officials are put to death and it is done to the latter. That is a country that is sane. That is a country you can trust their leaders not these yahoo's who call themselves politicians
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by proclinician: 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
israelmao:

This cannot be you

Lol you think say hunger hardship, starvation and misery are a respecter of stupidity. Haha is just realizing that if the economy is bad, nobody buys deadmeat. It's not rocket science. It will get to everyone both the stupid and the wise. Sai baba forever.

1 Like

Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by JohnOkolo: 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
AfonjaConehead:

Only broke .....@40 talk about poverty

grin

So it means you still have a chance of living a better life. Just focus on your hustle and learn better skills to navigate this harsh world. Nowhere is a bed of roses
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by JohnOkolo: 1:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
stormborn28:
Read my mouth. Nigeria is not a sane society.. I don't trust any politician.. I don't trust the president.. Their disposition says it all.. In China, they enact laws that corrupt officials are put to death and it is done to the latter. That is a country that is sane. That is a country you can trust their leaders not these yahoo's who call themselves politicians

No where on Earth laws are followed to the latter. Yes in China corruption leads to death but don't be deceived it's everyone that will get caught or everyone that was caught will be killed
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by stormborn28(m): 1:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
JohnOkolo:

No where on Earth laws are followed to the latter. Yes in China corruption leads to death but don't be deceived it's everyone that will get caught or everyone that was caught will be killed
if the death law in China is not working China wouldn't be the second largest economy in the world okay... Corruption kills a country in every aspect
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by oteikwu16(m): 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2020
Party scatter... Lol!!!
On a more serious note, are the senators feeling the heat too? � � �
I don't believe it.
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by Timblaze(m): 1:52pm On Sep 04, 2020
Rubber stamp representative!
Nigeria has enter one chance.....
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by Regex: 2:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
post=93552426:
This is not the time to increase fuel price in our darling nation at all.

Not with all that is going on around the world, pandemic et al,
When people are finding it difficult to survive.

This is the same reason we voted out the party of thieves and criminals.

This is not the change we voted for.

The same way we sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians praised this government when they reduced fuel price sometimes ago, we should make sure we put our voice together to castigate and talk against this.

That is the voice the government will listen to,
Not the voice of children of hate, frustration and perdition that have never seen any good thing in our country,
That all they do is to wail continously in life.
They even wailed when the price was reduced.
They have been wailing since PMB won the election, even before swearing in!
They are not wailing for the common man like (Omotola) and all other sane and honest people are doing, but they are wailing in pain that the corrupt money being shared to them by the losers they support is not forthcoming anymore.
They have been so used to corruption, they see it as a way of life.
That is what we stand against.

Sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians,
Let us come together to Say no to this fuel increase,
We need no increament at this time and please ignore enemies of the country that want the evil politicians they voted for to remain in power together.

This is not the change we voted for.
Something must be done about this NOW!
God bless Nigeria.

If you are a genuine Nigerian against this increase like us,
Signify and let us take it from here,
We have the Voice and the Power as citizens.
And if you are an enemy of the nation,
aka, children of hate and perdition, aka swines, and dare quote this post to wail,
May the suffering of the masses go to your heads and the heads of your looters you support a 100 folds.
May you be strike down with the hatred for our country that has consumed you from day one.
Quote, let us know who will be struck rn!

We Rise

I think your os has crashed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by AfonjaConehead: 2:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
JohnOkolo:

So it means you still have a chance of living a better life. Just focus on your hustle and learn better skills to navigate this harsh world. Nowhere is a bed of roses
Well good for your life you know. grin
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by Chimok: 2:51pm On Sep 04, 2020
bunch of clowns said I. As if they care
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by abumeinben(m): 3:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
RonaldoVido:

They will use him for peppersoup

Shebi he is a griller.

The griller gets grilled.

Bros na wa to you o cheesy
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by Tajbol4splend(m): 3:18pm On Sep 04, 2020
Angelfrost:

There are no good guys! Not one!!!

This is not cynicism! This is hard cold truth!!!

I think you have not found yourself in midst of corrupt mind who have the wheel power at their disposal, so it's easy for you to conclude there are no good guys among them
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by proclinician: 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
post=93554422:
Yaaaawwwwnnnn@oyibo repete tongue

Lol the griller is in soup. I don't pity you man, you were warned.
Re: Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes by proeast(m): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
JohnOkolo:

[s]

Oga learn to overcome challenges what the Governor said is right and something everyone with brains will understand. Your problem is you must have allowed your present circumstances of lack to define you. Understand everything have a value chain and stop asking for improvements if you don't want to do the work. You sound like a failure from your words. Even if you have a Car, House or whatever is like your circumstances define you at all point and you are nothing at all juncture.[/s]

It's quite annoying when ignorant people who don't know anything, can't read and comprehend will come online and make a fool of themselves.

You're too far gone for anyone to try redeeming you.

It's obvious that poverty has messed up with you real bad. Please don't quote me next time, I'm allergic to dull people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Young Female Suicide Bomber Apprehended By Security Operatives In Konduga (Photo / Nigerian Killed In India Over Biafra / I Paid For Everybody's Form That Contested In Rivers State - Nyesom Wike (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.