Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,339 members, 7,864,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:58 PM

As Food Shortage Looms, Nigeria Approves Emergency Importation Of Maize - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Food Shortage Looms, Nigeria Approves Emergency Importation Of Maize (921 Views)

Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder / Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States / Nigeria Approves $2 Billion Bakassi Deep Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Food Shortage Looms, Nigeria Approves Emergency Importation Of Maize by Afolabimills(m): 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
Buhari is a curse
Re: As Food Shortage Looms, Nigeria Approves Emergency Importation Of Maize by ThatFairGuy1: 2:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
popez:

How do you farm when you're likely to be killed by marauding fulani men?
I think those that do not have the Marauders issue should. Besides, have we ever stop traveling by road because people die on road accident?
Re: As Food Shortage Looms, Nigeria Approves Emergency Importation Of Maize by ThatFairGuy1: 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2020
MarrisManah:

I always get mad when people make idealist statements like yours and try to make excuses for the government.
Which country does not import? Which one? We have government agencies tasked with ensuring that the imported products meets certain level of quality before they enter the country but what happens..? Yet you see junks and substandard products everywhere... We see imported stew, Pizza, rice... And the only thing you hear is a blanket ban!

A reasonable government is that which knows the right person to hang when things go wrong. The customs boss is still there, son, nafdac etc...
A government can't force people to farm or even do any other jobs for that matter. People only need enabling business environment to thrive. How readily available are lands for farmers, improved varieties of crops, cost of fertilizers, available machineries for hire....?

Are the "educated youths" aware of the availability of these things in case they are available? And what's the government doing in making them aware? Business is profit driven- people will rush into farming when they feel it's highly profitable.

And there's no where in the world where everyone own a garden or produce their own food. Everyone can't be hard working and those that have money can't be told how to use their money. This is a real world.
One of the reasons I supported PMB was cause he said he'll assemble a team of competent hands to help run the country when elected- something I felt the previous administration lacked. But alas, every post is still occupied by politicians making decisions to suit their political interests.
Seriously, it's frustrating.
I'm just giving an opinion
Re: As Food Shortage Looms, Nigeria Approves Emergency Importation Of Maize by popez: 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

I think those that do not have the Marauders issue should. Besides, have we ever stop traveling by road because people die on road accident?

The marauding fulani men are killing people all over the country. Every region of this country has the same issue. The government ought to have addressed some of these issues first before closing our borders.
Re: As Food Shortage Looms, Nigeria Approves Emergency Importation Of Maize by Mcreloaded(m): 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2020
Back in the day when something is rediculously cheap we say it's chicken change or chicken feed.

Thanks to the Fulani herds men that have choosen to discourage farmers who are ready to farm.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate / Chief Dan Okeke From Humble Beginning To Top Notch (Photos) / Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.