Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate (903 Views)

Saraki, Atiku, Wike boasts Victory. Urges Edo Voters To Secure Their Votes. / Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate / Deji Adeyanju Sharing Airtime To Osun Electorate On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by EtinosaDLaw(m): 8:24pm On Sep 11, 2020
The Edo State Governor and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has urged the electorate in the state not to sell their votes but turn out en masse on Saturday, September 19, 2020 to exercise their franchise for the right candidate who can take the state forward.

Obaseki who gave the charge at a meeting with party faithful in Ward 4, Benin City, expressed confidence that he will win the forthcoming election and retain his seat.

According to him, “I want to use this opportunity to thank you for coming out en masse when we rounded off our ward-to-ward campaign. You people made me proud; that rally is still being discussed.

“This election is about Ward 4 as the opposition have been lying that I have never won my ward. They are planning to buy votes here and in other wards; they want to induce you people with the sum of N10, 000 per voter.

“You know what to do; collect the money and still vote for the PDP. Collect their money and at the end we will rejoice over them.”

Obaseki continued: “They also said they are going to disgrace me at this ward. I came to tell you to prepare to go from one ward to the other, enlightening other eligible voters about the need to turn out to vote massively for the PDP.”

“All of you should snap with your phones and post on the internet when the results are being announced. In Ward 4, we have a total of 13,000 registered voters and we must bring out 7,000 voters on that day for the PDP from this ward alone.

“I want Ward 4 to deliver the highest votes in the whole of Oredo Local Government Area of the state,” Obaseki added.

On his part, Mr. Adams Otige, the ward leader, assured the governor of the support of the people, assuring to mobilise thousands of other voters in the ward to ensure the governor’s victory at the poll.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by EtinosaDLaw(m): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2020
L-R: Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki; Chairman of PDP in Oredo Local Government Area, Hon. Igbinosun Oduwa; and Oredo Ward 4 Chairman, Mr. Enaruna Ihama, during the governor’s meeting with officials and members of his ward (Ward 4), in Benin City, on Thursday, September 10, 2020.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by Brandstudio01: 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2020
Same as a Rich dad telling his hungry children not to beg for food!

Does that ring a bell to you as a member of supporters club of either side of the divide?

Whether you call yourself APC or PDP.

Future generation indeed!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I will never be in support of vote selling either.

Just expressing my annoyance on those you call your Leaders, doesn't matter their party

1 Like

Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2020
On Saturday the matter go settle

May Obaseki emerge victorious

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by Simplyleo: 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2020
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:
On Saturday the matter go settle

May Obaseki emerge victorious
[/s]

Obaseki wey don prepare his handing over note finish. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by PRYCE(m): 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2020
LOL. Another tradermoni election.

These gimmicks by the APC led government at the centre have been seen for what they really are; attempts to sway unsuspecting voters with stomach infrastructure so they forget about the tigers and lions sent to kill them.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by EtinosaDLaw(m): 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Same as a Rich dad telling his hungry children not to beg for food!

Does that ring a bell to you as a member of supporters club of either side of the divide?

Whether you call yourself APC or PDP

In other words, they should sell their votes? Mediocre mentality like this is what put Nigeria in the state that it's in today. Cowardice has become the order of the day and people are now failing in their duty as patriotic citizens. The day we start to stand up for our rights is the day we'll realise how much power we have.

OBASEKI FOR GOVERNOR!!!

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by Funkebi: 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]

Obaseki wey don prepare his handing over note finish. undecided

Yes, according to Tinubu's Lagos-ibandan expressway paid writers grin

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by Brandstudio01: 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
EtinosaDLaw:

In other words, they should sell their votes? Mediocre mentality like this is what put Nigeria in the state that it's in today. Cowardice has become the order of the day and people are now failing in their duty as patriotic citizens. The day we start to stand up for our rights is the day we'll realise how much power we have.

OBASEKI FOR GOVERNOR!!!
Oga you obviously don't read or the type that doesn't pay attention to Details. Read my thoughts you will understand I'm no fan of any dude by name politician in Nigeria.

Because these dudes are all business men. And nothing short of that.

Then again, sorry sir doesn't politicians really think about you sir as they claimed?
Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by Simplyleo: 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2020
Funkebi:

Yes, according to Tinubu's Lagos-ibandan expressway paid writers grin
...and expectedly opposed by athifku's delusional online voters. grin

1 Like

Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by Funkebi: 8:35pm On Sep 11, 2020
Edo peoole, SAY NO to godfatherism o. It has never helped any free state! I saw Desmond Elliot live today washing his dirty linen in public, na that time I conclude say APC people nor get shame at all!!

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by Derailer(m): 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2020
Obaseki

IIII + IIII

Despite the APC,
Despite OshiomhOLE,
Despite violence,
Despite rigging,
Despite vote-buying.

The will of the people will and must prevail.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by Funkebi: 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2020
Simplyleo:

...and opposed by athifku's online voters. grin

Online kini? Should we place a bet that if I show you my PVC and it states "Ikpobaokha WARD II", you will credit me 10k right now??

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by Simplyleo: 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2020
[s]
Funkebi:

Online kini? Should we place a bet that if I show you my PVC and it states "Ikpobaokha WARD II", you will credit me 10k right now??
[/s]
Show it to Obaseki, im sure he will credit you with 1m.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by RingRoadMafia: 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2020
Thank God that a new dawn is coming to my darling state. Obaseki 4+4 torgba!!!

Edo no be Lagos!

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by Funkebi: 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Show it to Obaseki, im sure he will credit you with 1m.

As is the usual practice with you souless betrayers who contributed their quota to put this country where it is today by supporting evil, not everyone is like you, bros. Some of us value the old ways, some of us are loyal to our culture. I'm not cheap like you!!

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by EtinosaDLaw(m): 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Oga you obviously don't read or the type that doesn't pay attention to Details. Read my thoughts you will understand I'm no fan of any dude by name politician in Nigeria.

Because these dudes are all business men. And nothing short of that.

Then again, sorry sir doesn't politicians really think about you sir as they claimed?

Would someone kindly explain to me what this lad is on about?

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by Simplyleo: 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2020
Funkebi:

As is the usual practice with you souless betrayers who contributed their quota to put this country where it is today by supporting evil, not everyone is like you, bros. Some of us value the old ways, some of us are loyal to our culture. I'm not cheap like you!!
Sorry, you have been missing the point right from begining. And the variance has been on steady increase, so lemme not waste my time discussing nonsense. undecided
Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by Acjohn(m): 8:55pm On Sep 11, 2020
��
Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by gadafi74: 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2020
[quote author=Funkebi post=93823253]Edo peoole, SAY NO to godfatherism o. It has never helped any free state! I saw Desmond Elliot live today washing his dirty linen in public, na that time I conclude say APC people nor get shame at all!
Soo what will Gov. Obaseki turn to when he wins for the second tern ?
These politicians are just deceiving the ignorants and gullible electorates like you .. Their main aim is to to remain in power and remain relevant in te state even after finishing as a governor.... They want to be the King maker for live...

Oshiomoleh said more than him against John Odigie in 2009 elections and today e wants to remain as the godfather and Kingmaker in the state.
You better shine your eyes and remain allign with the central government party....
Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2020
4 +4 Torgba!

God must win
Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by juman(m): 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2020
Vote wisely.
This is your chance to move your state forward.
Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by Hofbrauhaus(m): 10:58pm On Sep 11, 2020
APC and INEC are planning to postpone the elections. Cos as it stands now, if elections are conducted on Saturday, Obaseki would emerge winner, so the agents of darkness would likely postpone it.

Secondly, obaseki must win his ward no matter what it takes and he must make sure ize-iyamu loses his ward and OSHIOMOLE must lose his ward..No matter what it takes. Cos oshiomOle is a strategic election rigger. He would bribe people in the ward of the opposition with as much as 10k/20k each, just to make sure his opposition loses at their ward, then the story would be 'you no even fit win your ward sef'...

Thirdly, if APC wants peace, obaseki should give them war. If APC wants war, obaseki should give them more war. After the elections we can all be friends. This is the battle against Godfatherism and obaseki must protect Edolites. Don't go the way of Goodluck Jonathan, cos if Goodluck has stood his ground, we won't be in this terrible mess of a Buhari today. When APC go low, go lower and knock them out. Fight fire with fire.

Finally, Edo people love you Godwin obaseki. And we are coming out enmass to vote for you. We want you to continue what you've started and finish it. We would vote and we would protect our votes. God has already won.
Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by MrALIVE: 11:55pm On Sep 11, 2020
This election for many people is just about APC and PDP....some are voting because they like either APC or PDP.

Nobody is asking whether Obaseki deserves a 2nd term after 4 yrs in office.
Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by osarog: 4:25am On Sep 12, 2020
What if it is the only thing that can put food on your table.
Re: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Obaseki Urges Edo Electorate by solmusdesigns: 4:58am On Sep 12, 2020
grin

Congratulations to Pastor Ize Iyamu

Obaseki is gone

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Suffering, Jega, Onaiyekan Tell Buhari / Abia State State is Cursed: PICTURES / Nnamdi Kanu Message To Governor Of Rivers State Nyesom Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.