Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) (33068 Views)

Ekiti Teachers Recruitment: Applicants To Pay N1,050 For Test / FRSC Portal Crashes Amid Recruitment, Applicants Groan / Police Recruitment 2018 List Of Shortlisted Applicants In All 36 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by owukpa(m): 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
Some of the candidates in the ongoing police recruitment exercise from Ogbadibo have revealed how they were treated like common criminals at the screening venue in Makurdi on Thursday.

Some of the candidates, who spoke with WWW.IDOMAVOICE.COM on the condition of anonymity, said the officers handling the screening exercise flogged, tear-gassed and chase them out of the screening venue for no tangible reason.

One of the applicants, who came all the way from Lagos for the exercise, said he has been sleeping outside since he arrived Makurdi because there was nowhere for him to stay.

“I came all the way from Lagos for the exercise. I don’t have anybody here. I have been sleeping in front of a shop at Demekpe since I came into this town. All the many I came with has finished. Now, they have canceled our screening for just no reason. I don’t know where to go from here. This is wickedness,” he lamented.

Another applicant from Owukpa said he nearly passed out when policemen opened tear-gas on them.

“I nearly died because the tear-gas. They treated us like common criminals for no reason. I am going back home now, I am fed up with the whole process. I have lost interest,” he said.

Also speaking, a female applicant from Orokam said she left Abuja since last because of the exercise but she is going back with any result.

“This is sad. Anyway, life goes on,” she told IDOMA VOICE.

WATCH VIDEO BELOW…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PVyhBa0aKE

source>>>>https://www.idomavoice.com/2020/09/police-recruitment-how-we-were-tear-gassed-treated-like-criminals-at-screening-venue-stranded-ogbadibo-applicant-reveal-video.html

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by Asquare84(m): 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2020
Good for them

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by heendrix(m): 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2020
That's virtually what they go through in disguise of training and come out to be a torn in the flesh of innocent civilians sad

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by rentAcock(m): 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
Our police force is the laziest on the face of the earth. This is part of the training you receive in developed countries. They spray you with tear gas as a way of testing your endurance and tolerance to pain. If you cannot tolerate tear gas, how will you fare when riot breaks out and you are deployed to disperse the crowd? I think everyone complaining should be automatically disqualified and sent home. Being a police man takes guts and bravery and not all this whinning.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by kambili999(f): 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
After treating them in such inhumane manner, when they finally get employed, they will pass on such treatment to us.

This country======let's enjoy this joke

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by smartxyz(m): 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
Nawa oO.... Untop recruitment wey no de certain angry
Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by Slawormir: 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad
Na everything we dey struggle to get for this country

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by money121(m): 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
Ok
Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by FGonline: 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
This is Nigeria
Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by Jaynom(m): 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
A ZOO ... This is what happens in a ZOO! That's why they come out of the police college to Beat & kill innocent civilians for no reason

23 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by koxi: 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
And they expect them to turn out to be good law enforcement officers after all this maltreatment...?
Smh...

A nation on reverse gear...

14 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by Siberia01(m): 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by Fheelzz(m): 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
Wetin we no go see inside 9ja kiss
Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by DropsMic(m): 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
Blacks only understand the whip - George freemason
Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by Coronavirus84: 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
Police recruitment indeed. It is better sleeping and eating at home till God will answer my prayer than going for dis police rubbish recruitment

7 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by manuel4real(m): 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by tundchip2: 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2020
They're already Teaching them how to run things from the outside
Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by phardhar: 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2020
We will be alright someday

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by WIZGUY69(m): 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2020
I don’t think this sh$t can happen even in war-torn Syria. Nigeria is indeed a zoo.
Our mumu never do! tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by Hezmatosky: 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2020
Part of the training. When employers thinks they're doing employees well by employing them.

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by playapayaski: 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2020
People still dey join police

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by Focusmind: 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2020
Can we ever get things right in this country? My hearts goes out to job seekers and those without any means of livelihood. Surviving in Nigeria now for many is becoming a tough task.

I pity the future generation and those entering the labour market at this time. It is tough honestly.

4 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by MoMercyDada(m): 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
embarassed what a country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by VEXT: 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
This country ehn... If u no get money to leave naija,just jump go stay for Niger republic grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by Flexherbal(m): 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
Also speaking, a female applicant from Orokam said she left Abuja since last because of the exercise but she is going back with any result.
This is what most Nigerian job seekers go through.
Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by qanda: 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by Imustreturn(m): 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
How can they behave well after this

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by Halexgos3(m): 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
Please what are they doing there?
Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by Rimtim: 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
You guys are not ready for the job
Just go back home

2 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by 0taPiaPia(m): 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
It's a pity
Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by Dottore: 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
Ok
Re: Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) by dalass(f): 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
It seems the Nigerian police was established to maim and terrorize their citizens but run when the real lawbreakers are on the scene... Too bad undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? / An Ugly Experience With A HR Officer In Abuja / RECRUITMENT: Police Fixes Date For Screening Nationwide; Here Are 8 Things You M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.