Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

.. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / .. (5012 Views)

My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / How Can I Advise A Serial Cheat And Failure Of A Father? / 39-Year-Old Woman Kneels To Serve 19-Year-Old Husband She Just Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by Born2Breed(f): 8:10am On Sep 06, 2020
Kingsley2001:
Good afternoon.
I have been a guest for long, decided to create an account as I need the help of everyone.

I am a 19-yearold boy and I am currently in my third year in a federal university studying a 6-7-year course.
I recently lost my Dad who was a diligent civil servant and a very great Dad until his demise.
While he was on his deathbed, I was with him all through as school was on break and being the oldest too. We were at the hospital one night when he started entrusting me with some of his assets. He owned two accounts known to me and mother and we have exhausted all the money on him while he was very sick.
The night we talked which was few days to his death, he told me he won't survive the sickness and he asked me to accept it in good faith and that we should stop wasting our resources on him. The words were very heartbreaking but there was nothing I could do. That same night he told me of three thrifts he was involved in, his contributions totalled #675,000. He reiterated how we should not waste the money on his treatment as he was sure he won't make it.
I didn't tell mum of his instruction, we collected the money and we offset the bills needed for his other surgery and some other things.
My Dad although weak and frail still managed to express his anger and I tried letting him know it was impossible to watch him die without doing anything. After all said, done and spent, we lost him. A night before his final death, he told me four digits repeatedly but didn't tell me what they were for. This was on early December last year.
We accepted the loss in good faith and continued with our life. My mum on the other hand is a government teacher and I have two other siblings. One in her 100L while the last born is still looking for admission.
While we were at the hospital, my Dad gave me his purse a little bigger than the common ones and it has been with me since then.
Just this week, I just went through the purse and I found another ATM card, out of curiosity I went to check the balance but the password was incorrect.
I tried the number he gave me and God so good it worked.
The balance shows; Savings- #1,238,006.84.
And Future: 18,244.30.
I was surprised at what I saw.
I ran home to tell mom about it and we agreed we would keep the money till I am done with school. She asked me to keep the card but I declined and asked her to keep it instead knowing how such money can influence me to make irrational decisions.
I also told her leaving the money there won't be of benefit to us as in years time the money would have lost its value.
I told her I will come up with a good business plan and she agreed. I have no idea the kind of business to venture into as my course in school is very time-demanding same with my junior sister's. And the last born is still young to handle business.
Please what business can I do with this money? That won't be wasted and will be flexible enough to manage with my academics. Mind you, I'm studying MBBS the same with my sister. And my mum is not good with business at all. Every one of us knows.

Please help me and please no private messages, all advice should be posted on here.
Thanks.
Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun.

May his soul rest in peace.

Don't bother investing in businesses you can't monitor properly.

Naira is fast losing value, the best bet is to convert your money into foreign currency and lock it up.

When you are done with school or finally ready to focus on any business in the future the stashed money won't lose value.

Imagine someone that stashed dollars at the rate of 350+/$1 in 2019. The value now is 440+/$1. + interest.

If you stash it now and in 4 or 5yrs when naira is 1000/$1. You won't lose the value of your money and may decide on what to invest it on.

2 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 06, 2020
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 06, 2020
Kingsley2001:
Good afternoon.
I have been a guest for long, decided to create an account as I need the help of everyone.

I am a 19-yearold boy and I am currently in my third year in a federal university studying a 6-7-year course.
I recently lost my Dad who was a diligent civil servant and a very great Dad until his demise.
While he was on his deathbed, I was with him all through as school was on break and being the oldest too. We were at the hospital one night when he started entrusting me with some of his assets. He owned two accounts known to me and mother and we have exhausted all the money on him while he was very sick.
The night we talked which was few days to his death, he told me he won't survive the sickness and he asked me to accept it in good faith and that we should stop wasting our resources on him. The words were very heartbreaking but there was nothing I could do. That same night he told me of three thrifts he was involved in, his contributions totalled #675,000. He reiterated how we should not waste the money on his treatment as he was sure he won't make it.
I didn't tell mum of his instruction, we collected the money and we offset the bills needed for his other surgery and some other things.
My Dad although weak and frail still managed to express his anger and I tried letting him know it was impossible to watch him die without doing anything. After all said, done and spent, we lost him. A night before his final death, he told me four digits repeatedly but didn't tell me what they were for. This was on early December last year.
We accepted the loss in good faith and continued with our life. My mum on the other hand is a government teacher and I have two other siblings. One in her 100L while the last born is still looking for admission.
While we were at the hospital, my Dad gave me his purse a little bigger than the common ones and it has been with me since then.
Just this week, I just went through the purse and I found another ATM card, out of curiosity I went to check the balance but the password was incorrect.
I tried the number he gave me and God so good it worked.
The balance shows; Savings- #1,238,006.84.
And Future: 18,244.30.
I was surprised at what I saw.
I ran home to tell mom about it and we agreed we would keep the money till I am done with school. She asked me to keep the card but I declined and asked her to keep it instead knowing how such money can influence me to make irrational decisions.
I also told her leaving the money there won't be of benefit to us as in years time the money would have lost its value.
I told her I will come up with a good business plan and she agreed. I have no idea the kind of business to venture into as my course in school is very time-demanding same with my junior sister's. And the last born is still young to handle business.
Please what business can I do with this money? That won't be wasted and will be flexible enough to manage with my academics. Mind you, I'm studying MBBS same with my sister. And my mum is not good with business at all. Everyone of us knows.

Please help me and please no private messages, all advice should be posted on here.
Thanks.
Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun.
I am in my 3rd year too, what a coincidence.
Re: .. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:38am On Sep 06, 2020
Convert the money to foreign currency and keep it at home. Don't keep it in a dorm account o. With the way Nigeria is going I won't be surprised if there's a law passed out tomorrow to seize all the cash in dorm accounts. Another thing would be to make dollar based investments through platforms like risevest. You can also buy shares in American companies too but this requires a bit of self education. Don't invest in any business. There's a 90 percent chance of the business failing and you loosing that money.

1 Like

Re: .. by MMotimo: 10:48am On Sep 06, 2020
Kingsley2001:

Wow!
Thanks so much Ma, your words mean a lot.
I greatly appreciate every part of it.
Your advice is appreciated too and everything is noted.
Thanks a lot once again Ma.

Just an observation, I don’t have proof of untoward intent and apologies to anyone who is offended but I really don’t care whose ox is gored. Forgive my cynicism but I’ll go with my instincts. My focus is strictly about this young man and his family.

Be wary of that brand new moniker asking to be friends and saying they are same age, same MBBS level. The person might be genuine but know that there are more wolves than sheep. To scammers, a 19 year old with 1.2 million sounds like easy bait. Please don’t let your guard down. A common ploy with predators is to try to build “common ground” by drawing similarities between you and them. Just like with romance scams , the person behind that moniker may be worlds different from who you think it is.

I don’t know how a med student can’t spell “like,” comes up with a moniker that sounds like “nefarious” and just had to register a new name to be friends.

post=93626127:
Hi Kingsley2001.
1 am 19 years and also studying MBBS just Kike you.
Please I will like us to be friends, please reach out.
Thanks

post=93626357:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by uzedo1(m): 11:52am On Sep 06, 2020
Queenyprinxex:
Sorry on the death of your Dad.
You have just one option considering your academics and all.
Look around you, locate a promising area, get a/some parcel(s) of land depending on how much your money can afford.
Watch it appreciate over time having to do nothing.
Just ensure to buy from a secured and trusted buyer and make sure you involve another trusted person around you who has bought lands on occasions and knows what and what to consider before getting one. Tell the person to put you through and thank me later.
Lastly, beware of scammers both here and outside here and those idiots that would ask you to do shit all in the name of being funny.

You just said everything

In addition, since the course you're studying is too demanding, investing in land currently is better.

Reason being that, you won't be pressured to meet up, your mom will still be focused on her teaching, & the land value will always appreciate.

But do your research, if it's land you eventually want to buy. Please make sure the land is not government owned or a proposed site for future development. E Get Why Government wahala no be child's play.

If you must purchase any land, be very careful. Involve people who know how it's been done, but be smart. You know how most Nigerians are when it comes to money.

When you want purchase the land, don't rush to pay the money. Because when you do, the chances of getting is back is 0.009...

Sorry for your loss

1 Like

Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 1:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
Born2Breed:

May his soul rest in peace.

Don't bother investing in businesses you can't monitor properly.

Naira is fast losing value, the best bet is to convert your money into foreign currency and lock it up.

When you are done with school or finally ready to focus on any business in the future the stashed money won't lose value.

Imagine someone that stashed dollars at the rate of 350+/$1 in 2019. The value now is 440+/$1. + interest.

If you stash it now and in 4 or 5yrs when naira is 1000/$1. You won't lose the value of your money and may decide on what to invest it on.

Thanks so much for your contribution sir.
Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 1:27pm On Sep 06, 2020
DrNefarius:
Hi Kingsley2001.
1 am 19 years and also studying MBBS just Kike you.
Please I will like us to be friends, please reach out.
Thanks

DrNefarius:

You don't have a 19-year old in your department to be friends with? Your level even? Or you don't have people in the whole of your school to seek friendship from?
Run along.

2 Likes

Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 1:27pm On Sep 06, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Convert the money to foreign currency and keep it at home. Don't keep it in a dorm account o. With the way Nigeria is going I won't be surprised if there's a law passed out tomorrow to seize all the cash in dorm accounts. Another thing would be to make dollar based investments through platforms like risevest. You can also buy shares in American companies too but this requires a bit of self education. Don't invest in any business. There's a 90 percent chance of the business failing and you loosing that money.
Thanks so much for your contribution.
Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 1:31pm On Sep 06, 2020
MMotimo:

Just an observation, I don’t have proof of untoward intent and apologies to anyone who is offended but I really don’t care whose ox is gored. Forgive my cynicism but I’ll go with my instincts. My focus is strictly about this young man and his family.

Be wary of that brand new moniker asking to be friends and saying they are same age, same MBBS level. The person might be genuine but know that there are more wolves than sheep. To scammers, a 19 year old with 1.2 million sounds like easy bait. Please don’t let your guard down. A common ploy with predators is to try to build “common ground” by drawing similarities between you and them. Just like with romance scams , the person behind that moniker may be worlds different from who you think it is.

I don’t know how a med student can’t spell “like,” comes up with a moniker that sounds like “nefarious” and just had to register a new name to be friends.

Thanks so very much Ma, I am very grateful to have you here. I am more grateful for your words and concern Ma.
May God bless you and everything that concerns you.
Whatever reason behind his quest, genuine or not isn't even my concern.
He should return to his school and seek friendship from his contemporaries.
Thanks so much Ma.
Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 1:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
uzedo1:

You just said everything

In addition, since the course you're studying is too demanding, investing in land currently is better.

Reason being that, you won't be pressured to meet up, your mom will still be focused on her teaching, & the land value will always appreciate.

But do your research, if it's land you eventually want to buy. Please make sure the land is not government owned or a proposed site for future development. E Get Why Government wahala no be child's play.

If you must purchase any land, be very careful. Involve people who know how it's been done, but be smart. You know how most Nigerians are when it comes to money.

When you want purchase the land, don't rush to pay the money. Because when you do, the chances of getting is back is 0.009...

Sorry for your loss
Thanks so much sir for your contribution.
Re: .. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 06, 2020
Kingsley2001:

You don't have a 19-year old in your department to be friends with? Your level even? Or you don't have people in the whole of your school to seek friendship from?
Run along.
Whatever.
Re: .. by eseh1(f): 6:09pm On Sep 06, 2020
Like pple have rightly said, start withdrawing that cash gradually or try out atm transfers to transfer the cash gradually to an account you can access... do this as quickly as possible before the account goes dormant, that's if its not already dormant....for most banks, it takes 12mnths of inactivity to make an account dormant...so the earlier the better...when you have the money in your possession you can now decide what you wanna do with it.
Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 10:08pm On Sep 06, 2020
eseh1:
Like pple have rightly said, start withdrawing that cash gradually or try out atm transfers to transfer the cash gradually to an account you can access... do this as quickly as possible before the account goes dormant, that's if its not already dormant....for most banks, it takes 12mnths of inactivity to make an account dormant...so the earlier the better...when you have the money in your possession you can now decide what you wanna do with it.
Thanks a lot Ma.
I will do as advised.
Re: .. by OralB: 8:10am On Sep 07, 2020
DrNefarius:

Whatever.
You are a shameless piece of scam.
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2020
OralB:

You are a shameless piece of scam.
K
Re: .. by OralB: 11:39am On Sep 08, 2020
DrNefarius:

K
K kee you there scammer.
Re: .. by Blissquare(f): 12:17pm On Sep 08, 2020
For now, invest in treasury bills. You would be paid the interest upfront. Ask at your bank. Withdraw the money and keep in your account or mom's account. Don't be tempted to tell people about it. Face your studies and you would realize that the money is not as much as you think. Don't worry about starting a business with it. None of you are up for it and Naija economy is very funny. Don't ever be tempted to use it for a ponzi scheme or sports betting. Don't be tempted to lend anyone from it. Treasury bills or mutualbfinds is your safest bet even though returns may seem small. I'm a reasonable adult and not a nairaland juvenile troll.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2020
Blissquare:
For now, invest in treasury bills. You would be paid the interest upfront. Ask at your bank. Withdraw the money and keep in your account or mom's account. Don't be tempted to tell people about it. Face your studies and you would realize that the money is not as much as you think. Don't worry about starting a business with it. None of you are up for it and Naija economy is very funny. Don't ever be tempted to use it for a ponzi scheme or sports betting. Don't be tempted to lend anyone from it. Treasury bills or mutualbfinds is your safest bet even though returns may seem small. I'm a reasonable adult and not a nairaland juvenile troll.
Thanks so much for your contribution.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My 9month Old Baby,no Teeth. / Strange!!!! Five Year Old Girl Developing Breasts. Graphic Pic Inside.. / Femi Osibona, Man Who Makes Little Saints Orphans His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.