Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,419 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

.. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / .. (5004 Views)

My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / How Can I Advise A Serial Cheat And Failure Of A Father? / 39-Year-Old Woman Kneels To Serve 19-Year-Old Husband She Just Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 05, 2020
MikeMicheal:
Always live like today is the last, because you dont know when death will come.
in other words, LAVISH IT!
.........I have these strong urge to headbutt you right now but alas you are not close to where I'm now......waste probably the life savings of a trusted dead father?.....haba bro.....why did you allow those maggots in your head to grow so big to the extent of taking over your brain?.......you need to pay an asylum a visit asap.

2 Likes

Re: .. by YourCoffin: 8:40am On Sep 05, 2020
Since neither of your family have the time for business, just invest the money in mutual funds. It's a low risk investment that is regulated by SEC. Just put it there and go about your business.
Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 9:13am On Sep 05, 2020
MMotimo:

Young man, I like you already for so many reasons. You are smart enough to know you can’t combine the pursuit of a medical degree with street business. You know not to pay mind to PMs, you know to ignore get rich quick schemes. You know your Mom can’t invest the money and you’ve taken charge. Your parents are blessed to have a child like you, so wise beyond your years. Your parents did a great job with you and your siblings. As a parent myself, I can say you are the kind of child a lot of people pray for smiley

The things you have to be careful of are fear and greed. Fear of inflation that could devalue the money, fear of inability to invest profitably and greed that could cause you to risk the money in investments that make questionable claims about returns. Never forget, if it’s too good to be true, it probably is. Sometimes, the best thing you can do with money is nothing. Any rush to invest/turnover the money could lead to mistakes that would make it disappear. With the promise of high returns comes the often unstated expectation that you might lose all the money. Don’t gamble with these funds. Don’t invest in anything that would not make you sleep well at night or that would cause you to risk even 1naira loss. I add my voice to those who have advised you move it into an account you and your Mom can control in case you lose access to your Dad’s account.

With regards to land, I’m not sure of your location but know that in most of Nigeria’s big cities, you can’t buy land and leave it “fallow.” If you don’t start to build on the land fairly quickly, chances are high that the seller(s) will resell to someone else even after pocketing your money or someone, somewhere would come and claim that land, seizing it from your possession. I suppose you could fence the land but that’s not 100% defence and fencing would also cost money. Yes, you could go to court to fight it out but that takes money to do and it takes a loooooonnggg time with no guarantee of victory at the end. I would be very careful about investing in land, despite the potential appreciation in value (depends on location). For that budget , it would probably be land in the “interiors,” purchased from omo oniles with the attendant risks and possible future drama.

I would be more inclined to have the money just “safe” for now since your family can manage without it. If things like treasury bills or fixed deposits that safeguard your principal can keep up with inflation, you could consider that. Safeguarding your principal should be your priority right now and it should be with a proper first class bank not mushroom micro banks that can disappear tomorrow. Whatever you decide, I pray it works for you and your family. May God bless and enrich your family and may His face continue to shine upon you all. Well done!

Wow!
Thanks so much Ma, your words mean a lot.
I greatly appreciate every part of it.
Your advice is appreciated too and everything is noted.
Thanks a lot once again Ma.
Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 9:16am On Sep 05, 2020
Ghostburster:
You had a very good and loving father.
Only God knows how much he loved to save.
From the thrifts to this one and to even the one you said he had in his two other accounts that you spent on him.

Please make sure you don't waste his savings for any reason.
Make his spirit happy.
Thanks so much sir.
I did have a hiid father, the best ever.
Thanks a lot.
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 05, 2020
Realshay:
May his soul rest in perfect peace
This is awful.
*firstly, withdraw the money to an account you have control of please to avoid hurtful experience.. this issue has happened to my friend before.
*secondly,I am as well an 100 level medical student of 17 years old and I have some skills like digital marketing, graphic design, video Animations,web development, photo editing, video editting,etc that makes me huge money..
so I see nothing stopping you to learn a skill as well..
you can find somewhere to learn it or even enrol in online training.
it won't cost you much money and you would be earning big

Check your WhatsApp
Re: .. by frozen70(f): 10:02am On Sep 05, 2020
Kingsley2001:
Good afternoon.
I have been a guest for long, decided to create an account as I need the help of everyone.

I am a 19-yearold boy and I am currently in my third year in a federal university studying a 6-7-year course.
I recently lost my Dad who was a diligent civil servant and a very great Dad until his demise.
While he was on his deathbed, I was with him all through as school was on break and being the oldest too. We were at the hospital one night when he started entrusting me with some of his assets. He owned two accounts known to me and mother and we have exhausted all the money on him while he was very sick.
The night we talked which was few days to his death, he told me he won't survive the sickness and he asked me to accept it in good faith and that we should stop wasting our resources on him. The words were very heartbreaking but there was nothing I could do. That same night he told me of three thrifts he was involved in, his contributions totalled #675,000. He reiterated how we should not waste the money on his treatment as he was sure he won't make it.
I didn't tell mum of his instruction, we collected the money and we offset the bills needed for his other surgery and some other things.
My Dad although weak and frail still managed to express his anger and I tried letting him know it was impossible to watch him die without doing anything. After all said, done and spent, we lost him. A night before his final death, he told me four digits repeatedly but didn't tell me what they were for. This was on early December last year.
We accepted the loss in good faith and continued with our life. My mum on the other hand is a government teacher and I have two other siblings. One in her 100L while the last born is still looking for admission.
While we were at the hospital, my Dad gave me his purse a little bigger than the common ones and it has been with me since then.
Just this week, I just went through the purse and I found another ATM card, out of curiosity I went to check the balance but the password was incorrect.
I tried the number he gave me and God so good it worked.
The balance shows; Savings- #1,238,006.84.
And Future: 18,244.30.
I was surprised at what I saw.
I ran home to tell mom about it and we agreed we would keep the money till I am done with school. She asked me to keep the card but I declined and asked her to keep it instead knowing how such money can influence me to make irrational decisions.
I also told her leaving the money there won't be of benefit to us as in years time the money would have lost its value.
I told her I will come up with a good business plan and she agreed. I have no idea the kind of business to venture into as my course in school is very time-demanding same with my junior sister's. And the last born is still young to handle business.
Please what business can I do with this money? That won't be wasted and will be flexible enough to manage with my academics. Mind you, I'm studying MBBS same with my sister. And my mum is not good with business at all. Everyone of us knows.

Please help me and please no private messages, all advice should be posted on here.
Thanks.
Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun.

Pls open an account on your mother's name, let her go with you to any bank of her choice, open account for her, then start withdrawing that money in your father's account, deposit it to your mother account, keep the tellers for transparency and accountability

You can be withdrawing like #100k every 2 days till you withdraw the last kobo

Let the money stay there while you guys plans for what to do with it

If that card expirs, you can never have access to that account unless you go to court to get letter of administration and they will take 10percent of the total money

That court administration process is very stressful and time consuming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by MikeMicheal(m): 10:30am On Sep 05, 2020
toobusy:
.........I have these strong urge to headbutt you right now but alas you are not close to where I'm now......waste probably the life savings of a trusted dead father?.....haba bro.....why did you allow those maggots in your head to grow so big to the extent of taking over your brain?.......you need to pay an asylum a visit asap.
Brainless substance I am not in your league, bring me your dunce parents maybe I will give them my attention.
Re: .. by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 05, 2020
Xavfra:

Check your WhatsApp
alright

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 05, 2020
Realshay:

alright

wink Thanks
Re: .. by Prof0fficial: 11:05am On Sep 05, 2020
Transfer the money to another account. you can do it in bits using the ATM machine let's say, 150k per day because it's a savings account. I'm not sure of the transfer limit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 05, 2020
OralB:

You wan start to dey spin a 17 years old? I swear you are just mad.

cheesy grin shocked

Lmaoooooooooo......

Na you dey mad.....if to say you dey well, you for get small sense.....
Re: .. by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 05, 2020
MikeMicheal:
Brainless substance I am not in your league, bring me your dunce parents maybe I will give them my attention.
.........no intention of bartering words with you bro......just a little advice from a concerned person to you.......take it or leave it......it's entirely your choice.......you can as well continue to disgrace your lineage by exposing ur ants infested brain here.....it is entirely your business if you choose to do so.

3 Likes

Re: .. by MikeMicheal(m): 11:29am On Sep 05, 2020
toobusy:
.........no intention of bartering words with you bro......just a little advice from a concerned person to you.......take it or leave it......it's entirely your choice.......you can as well continue to disgrace your lineage by exposing ur ants infested brain here.....it is entirely your business if you choose to do so.
As I said, I am not in your league, bring me your dunce parents maybe I will give them my attention.
Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2020
Prof0fficial:
Transfer the money to another account. you can do it in bits using the ATM machine let's say, 150k per day because it's a savings account. I'm not sure of the transfer limit.
Advice taken.
Thanks.
Re: .. by OralB: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2020
Xavfra:

cheesy grin shocked

Lmaoooooooooo......

Na you dey mad.....if to say you dey well, you for get small sense.....
Shameless you. Ode.
Re: .. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2020
OralB:

Shameless you. Ode.

Elige TIBI proelis
Re: .. by OyeyemiTinuade(f): 6:21pm On Sep 05, 2020
Kingsley2001:
Good afternoon.
I have been a guest for long, decided to create an account as I need the help of everyone.

I am a 19-yearold boy and I am currently in my third year in a federal university studying a 6-7-year course.
I recently lost my Dad who was a diligent civil servant and a very great Dad until his demise.
While he was on his deathbed, I was with him all through as school was on break and being the oldest too. We were at the hospital one night when he started entrusting me with some of his assets. He owned two accounts known to me and mother and we have exhausted all the money on him while he was very sick.
The night we talked which was few days to his death, he told me he won't survive the sickness and he asked me to accept it in good faith and that we should stop wasting our resources on him. The words were very heartbreaking but there was nothing I could do. That same night he told me of three thrifts he was involved in, his contributions totalled #675,000. He reiterated how we should not waste the money on his treatment as he was sure he won't make it.
I didn't tell mum of his instruction, we collected the money and we offset the bills needed for his other surgery and some other things.
My Dad although weak and frail still managed to express his anger and I tried letting him know it was impossible to watch him die without doing anything. After all said, done and spent, we lost him. A night before his final death, he told me four digits repeatedly but didn't tell me what they were for. This was on early December last year.
We accepted the loss in good faith and continued with our life. My mum on the other hand is a government teacher and I have two other siblings. One in her 100L while the last born is still looking for admission.
While we were at the hospital, my Dad gave me his purse a little bigger than the common ones and it has been with me since then.
Just this week, I just went through the purse and I found another ATM card, out of curiosity I went to check the balance but the password was incorrect.
I tried the number he gave me and God so good it worked.
The balance shows; Savings- #1,238,006.84.
And Future: 18,244.30.
I was surprised at what I saw.
I ran home to tell mom about it and we agreed we would keep the money till I am done with school. She asked me to keep the card but I declined and asked her to keep it instead knowing how such money can influence me to make irrational decisions.
I also told her leaving the money there won't be of benefit to us as in years time the money would have lost its value.
I told her I will come up with a good business plan and she agreed. I have no idea the kind of business to venture into as my course in school is very time-demanding same with my junior sister's. And the last born is still young to handle business.
Please what business can I do with this money? That won't be wasted and will be flexible enough to manage with my academics. Mind you, I'm studying MBBS same with my sister. And my mum is not good with business at all. Everyone of us knows.

Please help me and please no private messages, all advice should be posted on here.
Thanks.
Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun.
Hmm.
Re: .. by CanadianNaija: 6:39pm On Sep 05, 2020
Kingsley2001:
Good afternoon.

Seun.

Sorry about your dad.

Transfer the money to your mums account straight from the atm, no need to withdraw cash so you don’t spend it.

Don’t do any business, from what you’ve said you guys won’t have time to watch it and the truth is we are not all business inclined.

So while you figure out what to do with the money, you guys can fix it at a bank. Do mutual funds it’s easier to take it out when you need it, and the money will be earning you something no matter how small. Leaving money in a savings account makes no sense.

While it’s fixed, you guys can take the time to find a reputable real estate company to help you find and buy land without any issues. Hi his way it appreciates in value while you’re in schools and after a few years it will have appreciated enough in time to use it.

Do not embark on any business that you do not understand and lose that money. Good luck!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by Ibechris2: 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2020
First of all,remove all the money and put it in a new account. If u fail to do this and the ATM cards expires,damage as a result of water,fire or get lost,then u are in for a bigger wahala associated with letter of Administration,the waka no be here.

My advice:
It seems u guys are in good financial standing,therefore,use the money to purchase a land since non of u has business knowledge for the time being. At least that alone is a hedge against inflation.
Do not fixed that money because it wouldn't yield any reasonable amount considering the economy situation now.

And if u think up anything better,pls do not forget put into a venture that'll keep ur fathers memory alive.

Accept my heartfelt condelence.
Wish u and ur family the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by SweetCunt97(f): 7:01pm On Sep 05, 2020
Kingsley2001:

It's expiration date is till next year.
Thanks.
Transfer the money into another account so that u guys won't get locked out when the atm or account becomes dormant. Sha give some to ur siblings, afterall na their papa too.
Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 7:07pm On Sep 05, 2020
CanadianNaija:

Sorry about your dad.

Transfer the money to your mums account straight from the atm, no need to withdraw cash so you don’t spend it.

Don’t do any business, from what you’ve said you guys won’t have time to watch it and the truth is we are not all business inclined.

So while you figure out what to do with the money, you guys can fix it at a bank. Do mutual funds it’s easier to take it out when you need it, and the money will be earning you something no matter how small. Leaving money in a savings account makes no sense.

While it’s fixed, you guys can take the time to find a reputable real estate company to help you find and buy land without any issues. Hi his way it appreciates in value while you’re in schools and after a few years it will have appreciated enough in time to use it.

Do not embark on any business that you do not understand and lose that money. Good luck!

Thanks sir for your contribution.
Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2020
Ibechris2:
First of all,remove all the money and put it in a new account. If u fail to do this and the ATM cards expires,damage as a result of water,fire or get lost,then u are in for a bigger wahala associated with letter of Administration,the waka no be here.

My advice:
It seems u guys are in good financial standing,therefore,use the money to purchase a land since non of u has business knowledge for the time being. At least that alone is a hedge against inflation.
Do not fixed that money because it wouldn't yield any reasonable amount considering the economy situation now.

And if u think up anything better,pls do not forget put into a venture that'll keep ur fathers memory alive.

Accept my heartfelt condelence.
Wish u and ur family the best.

Thanks sir for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: .. by SweetCunt97(f): 7:09pm On Sep 05, 2020
OralB:

What is it you don't understand?
I said start selling Oral pastes.
OralB paste wey be fake?
Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 7:09pm On Sep 05, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Transfer the money into another account so that u guys won't get locked out when the atm or account becomes dormant. Sha give some to ur siblings, afterall na their papa too.
The first line, thanks. Would do that as advised.
Second, no one is giving any one anything. We aren't sharing wills, we are investing for the benefit of the entire family.

1 Like

Re: .. by OralB: 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2020
SweetCunt97:
OralB paste wey be fake?
Something is wrong with your brain.
Can't help you.
Re: .. by SweetCunt97(f): 7:45pm On Sep 05, 2020
OralB:

Something is wrong with your brain.
Can't help you.
Bad bad marketer... Resist the need to insult especially if you repping a brand. Dem no teach you that ni?
Re: .. by SweetCunt97(f): 7:47pm On Sep 05, 2020
Kingsley2001:

The first line, thanks. Would do that as advised.
Second, no one is giving any one anything. We aren't sharing wills, we are investing for the benefit of the entire family.
Uhmmmmmm, and you say you are 19 years old? Now u sounding like an old soul... Not all these silly dunce wey full here. That's good... Your father will be proud wherever he is.
Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Uhmmmmmm, and you say you are 19 years old? Now u sounding like an old soul... Not all these silly dunce wey full here. That's good... Your father will be proud wherever he is.
Lol.
Thanks tho.
Re: .. by Ghostburster: 9:03pm On Sep 05, 2020
Kingsley2001:

Thanks so much sir.
I did have a hiid father, the best ever.
Thanks a lot.
Lucky you man.
Please don't disappoint him.
Re: .. by OralB: 7:24am On Sep 06, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Bad bad marketer... Resist the need to insult especially if you repping a brand. Dem no teach you that ni?
Please shush and run along.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? / 12 hilarious Pictures That Defines D Moments When U Want To Marry An Igbo Girl. / My Son Was Threatened In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.