Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,733 members, 7,831,335 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

.. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / .. (5000 Views)

My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / How Can I Advise A Serial Cheat And Failure Of A Father? / 39-Year-Old Woman Kneels To Serve 19-Year-Old Husband She Just Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
Vinayesh:
Don't [s]you know where to spend your money? You can buy a Franchise and [url=https://ifpnews.com/telf-ag-concept-of-franchise-and-basic-principles-of-franchising-by-kondrashov]do your own business [[/s]/url]
You couldn't even post this your nonsense with your main account.
Have a good day.

1 Like

Re: .. by merieam16(f): 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
Kingsley2001:
Good afternoon.
I have been a guest for long, decided to create an account as I need the help of everyone.

I am a 19-yearold boy and I am currently in my third year in a federal university studying a 6-7-year course.
I recently lost my Dad who was a diligent civil servant and a very great Dad until his demise.
While he was on his deathbed, I was with him all through as school was on break and being the oldest too. We were at the hospital one night when he started entrusting me with some of his assets. He owned two accounts known to me and mother and we have exhausted all the money on him while he was very sick.
The night we talked which was few days to his death, he told me he won't survive the sickness and he asked me to accept it in good faith and that we should stop wasting our resources on him. The words were very heartbreaking but there was nothing I could do. That same night he told me of three thrifts he was involved in, his contributions totalled #675,000. He reiterated how we should not waste the money on his treatment as he was sure he won't make it.
I didn't tell mum of his instruction, we collected the money and we offset the bills needed for his other surgery and some other things.
My Dad although weak and frail still managed to express his anger and I tried letting him know it was impossible to watch him die without doing anything. After all said, done and spent, we lost him. A night before his final death, he told me four digits repeatedly but didn't tell me what they were for. This was on early December last year.
We accepted the loss in good faith and continued with our life. My mum on the other hand is a government teacher and I have two other siblings. One in her 100L while the last born is still looking for admission.
While we were at the hospital, my Dad gave me his purse a little bigger than the common ones and it has been with me since then.
Just this week, I just went through the purse and I found another ATM, out of curiosity I went to check the balance but the password was incorrect.
I tried the number he gave me and God so good it worked.
The balance shows; Savings- #1,238,006.84.
And Future: 18,244.30.
I was surprised at what I saw.
I ran home to tell mom about it and we agreed we would keep the money till I am done with school. She asked me to keep the card but I declined and asked her to keep it instead knowing how such money can influence me to make irrational decisions.
I also told her leaving the money there won't be of benefit to us as in years time the money would have lost its value.
I told her I will come up with a good business plan and she agreed. I have no idea the kind of business to venture into as my course in school is very time-demanding same with my junior sister's. And the last born is still young to handle business.
Please what business can I do with this money? That won't be wasted and will be flexible enough to manage with my academics. Mind you, I'm studying MBBS same with my sister too. And my mum is not good with business at all. Everyone of us knows.

Please help me and please no private messages, all advice should be posted on here.
Thanks.
Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun.
Please avoid peole that will tell u DM me

1 Like

Re: .. by thorpido(m): 2:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
Well move that money as others have advised.
You can get an authentic parcel of land.It's a good investment.The other thing you could do is to do a business with it but because of your studies and your mum not keen too,you may not be able to monitor it.

1 Like

Re: .. by Blessingisrael: 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
Kingsley2001:

Thanks bros.
I will build a hospital with it or buy syringe and invest.

build hospital ? what type of hospital will that amount build? can you start a groceries ( provision) and drugstore?

1 Like

Re: .. by bukatyne(f): 3:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
Kingsley2001:
Good afternoon.
I have been a guest for long, decided to create an account as I need the help of everyone.

I am a 19-yearold boy and I am currently in my third year in a federal university studying a 6-7-year course.
I recently lost my Dad who was a diligent civil servant and a very great Dad until his demise.
While he was on his deathbed, I was with him all through as school was on break and being the oldest too. We were at the hospital one night when he started entrusting me with some of his assets. He owned two accounts known to me and mother and we have exhausted all the money on him while he was very sick.
The night we talked which was few days to his death, he told me he won't survive the sickness and he asked me to accept it in good faith and that we should stop wasting our resources on him. The words were very heartbreaking but there was nothing I could do. That same night he told me of three thrifts he was involved in, his contributions totalled #675,000. He reiterated how we should not waste the money on his treatment as he was sure he won't make it.
I didn't tell mum of his instruction, we collected the money and we offset the bills needed for his other surgery and some other things.
My Dad although weak and frail still managed to express his anger and I tried letting him know it was impossible to watch him die without doing anything. After all said, done and spent, we lost him. A night before his final death, he told me four digits repeatedly but didn't tell me what they were for. This was on early December last year.
We accepted the loss in good faith and continued with our life. My mum on the other hand is a government teacher and I have two other siblings. One in her 100L while the last born is still looking for admission.
While we were at the hospital, my Dad gave me his purse a little bigger than the common ones and it has been with me since then.
Just this week, I just went through the purse and I found another ATM, out of curiosity I went to check the balance but the password was incorrect.
I ran home to tell mom about it and we agreed we would keep the money till I am done with school. She asked me to keep the card but I declined and asked her to keep it instead knowing how such money can influence me to make irrational decisions.
I also told her leaving the money there won't be of benefit to us as in years time the money would have lost its value.
I told her I will come up with a good business plan and she agreed. I have no idea the kind of business to venture into as my course in school is very time-demanding same with my junior sister's. And the last born is still young to handle business.
Please what business can I do with this money? That won't be wasted and will be flexible enough to manage with my academics. Mind you, I'm studying MBBS same with my sister too. And my mum is not good with business at all. Everyone of us knows.

Please help me and please no private messages, all advice should be posted on here.
Thanks.
Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun.

After moving the money, look for a solid investment (not ponzi schemes) and invest.

Research Agrictech investment and other investments where you can invest long term especially as you guys were not expecting the money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by NoToPile: 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2020
First things first move/ withdraw/ transfer that money in batches to an account one of you has a control over. Very important ooo before a little birdie informs the bank onf his death and you guys start chasing letter of administration up and down.

If you can't transfer, withdraw it small small like 100k every time and deposit it to another account.

Then you can start thinking of what to do with the money.

Move that money please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2020
Blessingisrael:

build hospital ? what type of hospital will that amount build? can you start a groceries ( provision) and drugstore?
Gosh! That was me being sarcastic.
I typed that because for the umteenth time I have explained it's impossible to juggle most available businesses with my course of study.
Thanks
Re: .. by angelfallz(m): 3:21pm On Sep 04, 2020
1. you're a man, not a boy. You are now the head of your family. So, stop referring to yourself as a boy.
2. move the money from the account to an account you can control. just like people are advising.
3. you can't force business ideas, especially if you are not business inclined, they have to come naturally.
You can put the money into mutual funds, treasury bills etc. This is best because it would allow you to concentrate on your studies, while the proffessionals make informed investments on your behalf.
Please visit United Capital they are an asset management company below is their website
https://www.unitedcapitalplcgroup.com/

Cc Kingsley2001
Re: .. by justified007: 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
Kingsley2001:

Thanks so much for this piece.
I will consider it.
Although I'm still open for more advice.
Thank you greatly.

Unfortunately , it is not a so good advice economically . Imagine you're taking such an amount on loan will you invest it on land?

Rather think of a good and viable business to invest that money and you can use the proceed on something else
Re: .. by justified007: 3:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
Kingsley2001:

Thanks sir for this piece but I am not sure i can handle the dramas that come with the driver and cyclist besides I know for a fact that they wil rough handle the bus or tricycle as it isn't theirs.
I may end up not having a say too.
Cc
Lalasticlala.

Giving out vehicle or tricycle on hire purchase is a better business than investing on land . most drivers will handle the vehicle well because they know it will become their own property after paying you finish .

Hire purchase is better than asking them to be delivering to you provided you did all the necessary legal work
Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
justified007:

Unfortunately , it is not a so good advice economically . Imagine you're taking such an amount on loan will you invest it on land?

Rather think of a good and viable business to invest that money and you can use the proceed on something else
Fortunately, it's my surest bet.
It's not a loan and I can't think of it as such, no need to rush or get overly expectant.
No one was expecting the money, we are just lucky to have come across it.
No viable business can go hand in hand with my study and most importantly, there is no reason deluding myself with the possibility of expecting more than I already have or stand to gain. I will just invest in the landed property as advised and watch it appreciate. It doesn't even have to generate a lot, all I need is the reasonable little it will generate without unnecessary supervisions, further financial obligations and time investment
Thanks so much for your piece anyways.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: .. by Blessingisrael: 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2020
Kingsley2001:

Gosh! That was me being sarcastic.
I typed that because for the umteenth time I have explained it's impossible to juggle most available businesses with my course of study.
Thanks

if you don't do something with that money, it will only loose value. you can employ a sale person to stand in the shoo for you. in all, don't leave the money dormant
Re: .. by Queenyprinxex(f): 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
Blessingisrael:

if you don't do something with that money, it will only loose value. you can employ a sale person to stand in the shoo for you. in all, don't leave the money dormant
Stop embarrassing yourself.
Investing in landed properties means the money is dormant? Sometimes you Nairalanders reason as though you don't make use of your brains at all. If you don't know something then please ask, okay?
And if he opens a shop as you just advised, he is duty bound to follow up on the accountability, restocking, supervisions, further expenses and more and more. Ask people in your area, ask them how much a parcel of land was bought in 2015 and how much they sell now.
Isn't that stressless enough than to start running around thinking of how to maintain a business when he has a bigger commitment?
Bleh.

6 Likes

Re: .. by Uyi168: 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2020
Kingsley2001:
Good afternoon.

Just this week, I just went through the purse and I found another ATM card, out of curiosity I went to check the balance but the password was incorrect.
Please what business can I do with this money? That won't be wasted and will be flexible enough to manage with my academics. Mind you, I'm studying MBBS same with my sister. And my mum is not good with business at all. Everyone of us knows.

Thanks.
Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun.
Do giveaway naa.. embarassed lipsrsealed

Re: .. by nobone(f): 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
Move the money to an account you have control over. And fast please as letter of administration and the rest will cut some part of the money, that is when that card expires.
2. You can invest like 25% of it on MBA forex, you can be sure of a little income monthly, till you're sure or what to do with the lump sum

1 Like

Re: .. by Blessingisrael: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
Queenyprinxex:

Stop embarrassing yourself.
Investing in landed properties means the money is dormant? Sometimes you Nairalanders reason as though you don't make use of your brains at all. If you don't know something then please ask, okay?
And if he opens a shop as you just advised, he is duty bound to follow up on the accountability, restocking, supervisions, further expenses and more and more. Ask people in your area, ask them how much a parcel of land was bought in 2015 and how much they sell now.
Isn't that stressless enough than to start running around thinking of how to maintain a business when he has a bigger commitment?
Bleh.

well, I do not remember directing my suggestions to you.
secondly, I do not also remember where I said buying landed property makes money dormant.
he asked for suggestions I said what I think will be a constant source of money. it is left to the op to say no just like he has been saying to some suggestions that didn't go well with him. my advice might not resonate with neither you nor the op, that doesn't mean it doesn't to someone else who might just be reading .
you could have pass your message without using derogatory words. The world is actually bigger than where you are sitting
madam BIG BRAIN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by Aimerosa25(f): 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
Get a landed property with part of d money , it will appreciate later on, save d remaining part in your present account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by OralB: 6:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
Start selling OralB pastes
Re: .. by OralB: 7:15pm On Sep 04, 2020
Kingsley2001:
Good afternoon.

Just this week, I just went through the purse and I found another ATM card, out of curiosity I went to check the balance but the password was incorrect.
Please what business can I do with this money? That won't be wasted and will be flexible enough to manage with my academics. Mind you, I'm studying MBBS same with my sister. And my mum is not good with business at all. Everyone of us knows.

Thanks.
Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun.
100% profit is guaranteed in the first five months. undecided
Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 8:15pm On Sep 04, 2020
OralB:

100% profit is guaranteed in the first five months. undecided
I don't get you.
Re: .. by Kingsley2001: 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
nobone:
Move the money to an account you have control over. And fast please as letter of administration and the rest will cut some part of the money, that is when that card expires.
2. You can invest like 25% of it on MBA forex, you can be sure of a little income monthly, till you're sure or what to do with the lump sum
Thanks.
Anything forex is like gambling to me.
So I will just pass.

1 Like

Re: .. by Chidexsco8448(m): 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
Ur dad is indeed a good man n dearly loves u so pls calm down n plan out a wise investment to venture into...Goodluck bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by Ghostburster: 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2020
You had a very good and loving father.
Only God knows how much he loved to save.
From the thrifts to this one and to even the one you said he had in his two other accounts that you spent on him.

Please make sure you don't waste his savings for any reason.
Make his spirit happy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by MMotimo: 9:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
Kingsley2001:

You couldn't even post this your nonsense with your main account.
Have a good day.

Young man, I like you already for so many reasons. You are smart enough to know you can’t combine the pursuit of a medical degree with street business. You know not to pay mind to PMs, you know to ignore get rich quick schemes. You know your Mom can’t invest the money and you’ve taken charge. Your parents are blessed to have a child like you, so wise beyond your years. Your parents did a great job with you and your siblings. As a parent myself, I can say you are the kind of child a lot of people pray for smiley

The things you have to be careful of are fear and greed. Fear of inflation that could devalue the money, fear of inability to invest profitably and greed that could cause you to risk the money in investments that make questionable claims about returns. Never forget, if it’s too good to be true, it probably is. Sometimes, the best thing you can do with money is nothing. Any rush to invest/turnover the money could lead to mistakes that would make it disappear. With the promise of high returns comes the often unstated expectation that you might lose all the money. Don’t gamble with these funds. Don’t invest in anything that would not make you sleep well at night or that would cause you to risk even 1naira loss. I add my voice to those who have advised you move it into an account you and your Mom can control in case you lose access to your Dad’s account.

With regards to land, I’m not sure of your location but know that in most of Nigeria’s big cities, you can’t buy land and leave it “fallow.” If you don’t start to build on the land fairly quickly, chances are high that the seller(s) will resell to someone else even after pocketing your money or someone, somewhere would come and claim that land, seizing it from your possession. I suppose you could fence the land but that’s not 100% defence and fencing would also cost money. Yes, you could go to court to fight it out but that takes money to do and it takes a loooooonnggg time with no guarantee of victory at the end. I would be very careful about investing in land, despite the potential appreciation in value (depends on location). For that budget , it would probably be land in the “interiors,” purchased from omo oniles with the attendant risks and possible future drama.

I would be more inclined to have the money just “safe” for now since your family can manage without it. If things like treasury bills or fixed deposits that safeguard your principal can keep up with inflation, you could consider that. Safeguarding your principal should be your priority right now and it should be with a proper first class bank not mushroom micro banks that can disappear tomorrow. Whatever you decide, I pray it works for you and your family. May God bless and enrich your family and may His face continue to shine upon you all. Well done!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: .. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
Kingsley2001:

It's expiration date is till next year.
Thanks.
To Avoid bank wahala,withdraw the money in bits and pay it into another account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by Emekaossai(m): 11:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
Kingsley2001:

Thanks a lot sir.
I will start with withdrawing little by little then.
We do have other source of livelihood, mom is a teacher and my sister is on scholarship while I attend a federal institution with a very affordable tuition.
All to say her salary can scale us through whatever comes.
Thanks

But the first step is to withdraw all that money from that account.
It's very necessary oh!. To avoid had I known.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by OralB: 6:55am On Sep 05, 2020
Kingsley2001:

I don't get you.
What is it you don't understand?
I said start selling Oral pastes.
Re: .. by IamYourNeighbor(m): 7:20am On Sep 05, 2020
My condolences on the demise of your loved one. Your ordeal is quite heart touching.

I'd advise you to buy a commercial vehicle 'fairly used' hand it over to a competent and trust worthy driver, decide on daily or weekly returns. I believe the proceeds will be beneficial to you and your family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by Coded2(m): 7:52am On Sep 05, 2020
I am into microfinance money lending scheme you can invest in our company I promise to give you a first hand information on how to be a shareholder in our company and this will generate a lot of revenue for you in the long run presently if you invest that money with us we will put it into small scale loans like 20k interest on the 20k is 2500 let say we give 50 people do the math 2500x50=125,000. 1,000,000(million) divide by 20= 50 people so on 1m u have made 125k in a month DM me ur money can't be tired down if you work with experts on the field.
Re: .. by Coded2(m): 7:52am On Sep 05, 2020
I am into microfinance money lending scheme you can invest in our company I promise to give you a first hand information on how to be a shareholder in our company and this will generate a lot of revenue for you in the long run presently if you invest that money with us we will put it into small scale loans like 20k interest on the 20k is 2500 let say we give 50 people do the math 2500x50=125,000. 1,000,000(million) divide by 20= 50 people so on 1m u have made 125k in a month DM me ur money can't be tired down if you work with experts on the field. 08161127336

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ok / Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! / Your Husband Cracks A Joke And Your Maid Says 'Naughty Boy', What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.