Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity (825 Views)

Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba / NLC Rejects Hike In Petrol Price, Electricity Tariff As Protest Looms / Imam Of Peace Blasts President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Omooba77: 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2020
External reserve; value of human life, Naira value, International respect, citizens' dignity, standards of education, health and life expectancy have fallen drastically.

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKSEP 04, 2020

The Coalition of Northern Groups has condemned the hike in pump price of petrol and electricity tariff by the Nigerian Government.

The group in a statement by its spokesman, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman, asked the government to announce an immediate and unconditional reversal of the prices of fuel to the earlier N145 per litre and electricity tariff to N23.

CNG said it had commenced mobilisation of organised groups and individuals in the country to reach national consensus for nationwide civil mass action against anti-peoples’ policies of the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government.

Suleiman said, “That the administration's audacious impunity climaxed with hikes in fuel pump prices from an initial N87 to N151.50k per litre; electricity tariff from N22 to N66 ; and Value Added Tax (VAT) to 7.5% from 5%. That these unjustified and unjustifiably indiscriminate increases with concommittant effects on life sustaining essentials like foodstuff and foreign exchange rates have resulted in exponential escalation of inflation, despair, crime and criminality.

“From the inception of this administration, the cost of a bag of rice for instance, had risen sharply to N28,000 from N8,500; bag of maize to N21,000 from N3,000 and fertilizer to N12,000 from N2,500. Dollar exchange rate has risen to N480 from N195; ECA to $2.5bn from $72m; external debt to $27bn from $9.6bn. Crime and criminality; insurgency and banditry; armed robbery and kidnappings; rampant rapes and sexual abuses, smuggling and corruption; poverty, hunger and destitution; IDPs; unemployment and school dropouts have thus escalated to totally unacceptable proportions.

“External reserve; value of human life, Naira value, International respect, citizens' dignity, standards of education, health and life expectancy have fallen drastically.

“The CNG hereby resolves to: Call on the federal government to announce an immediate and unconditional reversal of the prices of fuel to the earlier N145 per litre and electricity tariff to N23 with the assurance of regularity in quality and quantity of supply, assume full control of commodity pricing, jettison all aspects of unwarranted taxation, halt the current multi sectoral extortions by multinational service providers, banks and other financial institutions.

“Direct all our state chapters to mobilize other civil society and pressure groups in their states and address individual petitions demanding an immidiate and unconditional review to their respective state governments or houses of assembly for transmission to the presidency.

“We are strongly convinced that the President's desperation to shift the blame for this hardship on some middlemen only confirms failure to provide leadership. We find it strange that the President would admit failure to learn from lessons of history after having made similar accusations against the same class of people over the same issue 36 years ago.

“While President Buhari may be forgiven for certain shortcomings by reason of old age and poverty of ideas, Nigerians and indeed the whole world will never forgive him for refusing to learn from lessons of history. We therefore warn the authorities to note that Nigerians are quite aware of the demands of the office of the president which primarily include providing economic, financial, political, social and security safeguards to citizens irrespective of class or status.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/09/04/northern-group-blasts-president-buhari-rejects-hike-petrol-price-electricity-tariff

Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Eriokanmi: 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
dem neva see natin. More harsh policies underway.
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Omooba77: 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
Rain has not fall since 2 and half months or so.
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Racoon(m): 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
Humn! Since the former SW occupy/save Nigeria group activists are keeping mute over all the harsh policies of this oppressive government because of political benefits, the northern elements want to start it.Well they're the worst hit.Any revolution from that region will be bloody.
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Omooba77: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
Racoon:
Humn! Since the former SW occupy/save Nigeria activists are keeping mute over all the harsh policies of this oppressive government because of political benefits, the northern elements want to start it.Well they're the worst hit.Any revolution from that region will be bloody.

These government is the most repressive democratic system we ever heard..
Lalasticlala.
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by amakadlite(f): 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
Good Morning Naijiria

I bet with my left eye lashes that this thread would never make it to the promise land
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Racoon(m): 3:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
Omooba77:
These govt is the most repressive democratic system we ever heard..
In fact, if there are Nigerians that can be exonerated they are the people of the South-East and South-South; but the North and the South-West are responsible for our problems today under this regime.I said it right from the beginning that Buhari is not competent and therefore cannot lead.

Now, we are crying.It was our shortsightedness.People did not behave the way they are supposed to behaved when Buhari was looking for power. https://www.sunnewsonline.com/yakasai-to-nigerians-blame-southwest-north-for-your-sufferings/
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Omooba77: 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
amakadlite:
Good Morning Naijiria

I bet with my left eye lashes that this thread would never make it to the promise land

T
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Maxymilliano(m): 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2020

“While President Buhari may be forgiven for certain shortcomings by reason of old age and poverty of ideas.

grin

It's glaring the North is not exempted from the heat of the next level.
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by amakadlite(f): 4:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
Omooba77:

T
I never knew aboki has been suffering and smiling all these while under the pretence of Muslim brotherhood. thought am the only one wailing.
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Omooba77: 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
Racoon:

In fact, if there are Nigerians that can be exonerated they are the people of the South-East and South-South; but the North and the South-West are responsible for our problems today under this regime.I said it right from the beginning that Buhari is not competent and therefore cannot lead.

Now, we are crying.It was our shortsightedness.People did not behave the way they are supposed to behaved when Buhari was looking for power. https://www.sunnewsonline.com/yakasai-to-nigerians-blame-southwest-north-for-your-sufferings/

I warned too, see my past comments.
People are really suffering, even the past 16 years before GMB is not as bad as this.
The wickedness is as the wickedness of people in occult.
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Omooba77: 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
amakadlite:
I never knew aboki has been suffering and smiling all these while under the pretence of Muslim brotherhood. thought am the only one wailing.
I was in Kano just before lockdown, what I saw made me believe, we are on kegpowder.
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by BlackfireX: 4:19pm On Sep 04, 2020
Faceless paid irritating Northern elders without prestige.

Baba buhari is trying let us support and give him more years to do well with Nigeria...

PDP got us into this problem
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Flexherbal(m): 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
This increment is coming at a very wrong time.
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by amakadlite(f): 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2020
Omooba77:

I was in Kano just before lockdown, what I saw made me believe, we are on kegpowder.
they should enjoy the parts and parcel of change.
over to northern elders
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by amakadlite(f): 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
BlackfireX:

Baba buhari is trying let us support and give him more years to do well with Nigeria...

who is trying? 5years gone, Less than 3years remaining. where did you keep your sense since 5years if you had any? you want to perform miracles?
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Omooba77: 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
BlackfireX:

Travel down to North and come back.
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Racoon(m): 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
BlackfireX:
Faceless paid irritating Northern elders without prestige.Baba buhari is trying let us support and give him more years to do well with Nigeria....
Do you know your party APC and your Presidential candidate would find it hard to campaign with his strongest weapon, anti-corruption, when tomorrow comes, because APC is heavily populated by the same so-called looters who migrated from PDP?

I have not read it anywhere that they were screened out or rejected by your party, rather they have been promptly and amply protected by your party…” He nodded in agreement, but still argued that APC was a much better party despite the obvious hiccups and conflicts of interests.

“Only thieves and looters won’t appreciate this government. Things have improved even if not perfect under Buhari.” I laughed raucously. I was used to those lines whenever I encounter the Buharideens. Everyone is a thief and looter, or friends of corrupt people, except members of their group.

That change has only happened in very few cases and objective members of APC agree they have fumbled disappointingly. Most of the areas that we wanted positive change in have turned out to be an embarrassing anti-climax for this government

........The President himself has not personally shone brightly and is apparently surviving on a reputation that is at best jaded."

http://thebossnewspapers.com/2018/11/17/pendulum-between-an-old-buharist-and-the-new-buharideens/amp/
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Omooba77: 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Omooba77: 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
Lala we all need. to be united to reject evil.
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Omooba77: 7:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
Maxymilliano:

grin
It's glaring the North is not exempted from the heat of the next level.
Nobody, except God help us.
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by 35824L: 7:43pm On Sep 04, 2020
There is a global economic crisis as a result of the corona virus pandemic. The fallouts are not restricted to Nigeria. This sponsored group should go away.
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Lipscomb(m): 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
Very wicked human being parading the corridors of power as a leader's.
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Omooba77: 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
35824L:
There is a global economic crisis as a result of the corona virus pandemic. The fallouts are not restricted to Nigeria. This sponsored group should go away.

But other countries are giving palliatives, even some of them who are dual citizens collected stimulus because they filed for taxes. People are being given loan repayment exemptions in developed countries. Yet not Nigeria..
I am sure you are still under your parents!
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Omooba77: 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
Lipscomb:
Very wicked human being parading the corridors of power as a leader's.
Very wicked people.

1 Like

Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Omooba77: 12:00am On Sep 05, 2020
We northerners can not continue like this, but I am a Nigerian!
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Omooba77: 9:29am On Sep 05, 2020
Nigeria should breakaway from Northern this, Southern that or what you may.
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Omooba77: 10:54am On Sep 05, 2020
bbq, madridguy, helineous your take..
Re: Northern Group Blasts President Buhari, Rejects Hike In Petrol , Electricity by Omooba77: 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2020
Rice is now N32000 for Daleko market..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

20 Million VPN, Virtual Private Networks For Nigerians Twitter Users #ENDSARS / Please What Does It Mean To See Buhari In The Dream? / World Israel News Reports - Six Nigeria Synagogues Destroyed By Nigeria Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.