Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,316 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Can I Still Go For Service? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Go For Service? (1535 Views)

Should I Reduce My Age For Service? / can I still change course after writing p.utme UNIZIK / Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Go For Service? by Fafesot: 12:05am On Sep 05, 2020
If I graduate from medical school at the age of 28(med & surg), can I still go for service(NYSC)?

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go For Service? by greatnaija01: 12:13am On Sep 05, 2020
Fafesot:
If I graduate from medical school at the age of 28(med & surg), can I still go for service(NYSC)?

AGE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

You are a doctor and that is great.
Re: Can I Still Go For Service? by WoundedLamb: 12:44am On Sep 05, 2020
greatnaija01:

I don't think you answered his question though.

@Fafesot: yes, you can. You can only get an exemption letter after the age of 30 and that's optional. I really don't know why you're worried about that cause anyone who graduates after the age of 30 can present an exemption letter in place of NYSC certificate.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go For Service? by Fafesot: 12:46am On Sep 05, 2020
greatnaija01:

Thanks sir
Re: Can I Still Go For Service? by Fafesot: 12:47am On Sep 05, 2020
WoundedLamb:

I don't think you answered his question though.

@Fafesot: yes, you can. You can only get an exemption letter after the age of 30 and that's optional. I really don't know why you're worried about that cause anyone who graduates after the age of 30 can present an exemption letter in place of NYSC certificate.
Thanks boss

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go For Service? by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 05, 2020
Answered nicely above.
Re: Can I Still Go For Service? by pheelhip(m): 12:50am On Sep 05, 2020
Fafesot:

Yes, you can still go for service. Age limit for service year is 30yrs of age. Even when you get to camp you will see Daddies and Mummies above 30yrs of age having their ways into the service year. So you at 28, haven't gotten to the age limit.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go For Service? by 444crop: 2:09am On Sep 05, 2020
If, yes.... So when r u starting?
Re: Can I Still Go For Service? by mete3: 4:19am On Sep 05, 2020
Fafesot:

Sure Doc.
The age limit for NYSC is 30-.
Re: Can I Still Go For Service? by sageb: 6:47am On Sep 05, 2020
Yes, you can. You will be given special treatment during service.
Re: Can I Still Go For Service? by emmy512: 8:57am On Sep 05, 2020
So long as at your day of graduation you were not more than 30, you're eligible.
Even if you're a bit over 30 you'll still go.
Or u can get exemption
Re: Can I Still Go For Service? by Rickmann: 10:03am On Sep 05, 2020
Fafesot:

The moment u hit 30, u will not be eligible...u just need to be issued an exemption letter.

But my brother, u have a good career ahead of you. Forget that poverty alleviation scheme they call NYSC, do your horsemanship and move on.
Re: Can I Still Go For Service? by merieam16(f): 10:08am On Sep 05, 2020
Er dey still using age ni all dez grandpa nd grandma i see on khaki er dey 30+. U can still go at anytime, In Nigeria u can be wat u wana be so far money is involve
Re: Can I Still Go For Service? by KanielOutis92: 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2020
emmy512:
So long as at your day of graduation you were not more than 30, you're eligible.
Even if you're a bit over 30 you'll still go.
Or u can get exemption
Sorry bro, what do you mean by "even if you're a bit over 30"?
Re: Can I Still Go For Service? by ShitStain(m): 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2020
My lecturer in school participated in the last nysc batch and am sure he's above 50 years.i don't know how he did it sha.
Re: Can I Still Go For Service? by Fafesot: 6:38am On Sep 06, 2020
Thanks Everyone, I'm very grateful.
What if I get employed Immediately after graduation before housemanship, can I continue with my work and forget about housemanship or pend the employment and finish the housemanship first?
Re: Can I Still Go For Service? by emmy512: 7:55am On Sep 06, 2020
KanielOutis92:
Sorry bro, what do you mean by "even if you're a bit over 30"?
It's the law of nysc, your graduation year is what is used, but i can only vouch for 32 years going for service as i had done registration for him, after going through their guidelines he was still eligible though covid stopped everything just after 2 weeks in camp

(1) (Reply)

Lecturers In The House, I Need Advice / Guru's In The House,, Help Me With This. / How To Apply For 6 Month Nursing Course In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.