Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. (1371 Views)

FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters / PPPRA Increases Price Of Petrol From N140.80 To N143.80 Per Litre / President Buhari Increases Police Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by MANDIPUTIN: 8:33am On Sep 05, 2020
"Buhari has already finished this county. Nigerians are not expecting anything from him. Just don’t kill everyone before 2023. Stop increasing everything. They increased price of import duty by almost 400%".

Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by LibertyRep: 8:36am On Sep 05, 2020
These aren't the best time to be poor in Nigeria.

Everything is skewed against the ordinary Nigerian.

Every day we wake up to read depressing news and government policies that will further pauperize the already impoverished people.

Only an insensitive government will attempt to increase the cost of any the basic item the poor survive on, at this trying period for most households.

Who would have thought they'll even think of hiking prices of power and petrol when they were the ones instructing Multichoice not to do same thing.

Dear Lord, only you can rescue the weak, vulnerable and downtrodden at this time and in all times. Do your wonders.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by Iamgrey5(m): 8:36am On Sep 05, 2020
They are implementing World bank directives regarding the emergency loan we secured during the heat of the pandemic.

Higher taxes

Removal of subsidy

Devaluation of the currency.

The government is not honest with the populace.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by LawLab247: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2020
Ok
Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by Firespitter: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2020
This is a welcome development. Bamboohari is our man. He is doing well

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by Kendumazy(m): 8:42am On Sep 05, 2020
Not possible naaw
Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by ebuka440: 8:44am On Sep 05, 2020
Sorry for all that voted for him. I saw this coming but before they kill poor and vulnerable Nigerians, God will show them that he is God.

What a clueless government!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by ursullalinda(f): 8:45am On Sep 05, 2020
Days to come actually seems more scary........They know we only rant online and do nothing........on a good day I would have been happy with this news so we can look inwards.........but are the grounds level for our own production ........Just venture into it and confirm how frustrating this country can be.
Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by mamaafrik(m): 8:45am On Sep 05, 2020
You already closed border to import of locally produces goods,yet you still increased import of raw materials by 400℅ ,is that not Foolishness,all in the name of Loan you increase V.A.T, Electricity tarrif,susbsidy,Dollar regulation.
Mad man sha wan kill people........,how i wish Tinubu is not on this man side.....but he is silent now because of wetin hin wan chop.
Many funny brains will now shout Tinubu for 2023 ,a real leader who will change Nigeria will talk at this critical moment ,if he can't kick against evil because of personal gains ,how will he not bend to the pressure of NEPOTISM and Tribalism when he gets to power,THE WEST IS SETTING YOU AGAINST YOURPEOPLE ABD FOOLISHLY,YOU ARE DANCING TO THEIR TUNE LIKE ZOMBIE,no be revolt you dey call at so??.
Covid19 need to kill some people for us

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by horsepower102: 8:57am On Sep 05, 2020
next level.
Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by deantimes(m): 8:58am On Sep 05, 2020
ebuka440:
Sorry for all that voted for him. I saw this coming but before they kill poor and vulnerable Nigerians, God will show them that he is God.

What a clueless government!

Continue waiting for God, he will come down and save you.
Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by Finnese001: 9:02am On Sep 05, 2020
We must survive
Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by Veqtor: 9:44am On Sep 05, 2020
Nepotism and tribalism won't let Nigerians vote for the right person. They only know two political parties- APC nd PDP.

Every other party is wasting their time. Why is it so? I don't know if it's illiteracy or just plain stupeedity that makes Nigerians do that.

Next thing I want to say is... If someone like Reno Omokiri is made president.. there will be real change.

mamaafrik:
You already closed border to import of locally produces goods,yet you still increased import of raw materials by 400℅ ,is that not Foolishness,all in the name of Loan you increase V.A.T, Electricity tarrif,susbsidy,Dollar regulation.
Mad man sha wan kill people........,how i wish Tinubu is not on this man side.....but he is silent now because of wetin hin wan chop.
Many funny brains will now shout Tinubu for 2023 ,a real leader who will change Nigeria will talk at this critical moment ,if he can't kick against evil because of personal gains ,how will he not bend to the pressure of NEPOTISM and Tribalism when he gets to power,THE WEST IS SETTING YOU AGAINST YOURPEOPLE ABD FOOLISHLY,YOU ARE DANCING TO THEIR TUNE LIKE ZOMBIE,no be revolt you dey call at so??.
Covid19 need to kill some people for us

1 Like

Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by Luckydubby7(m): 9:52am On Sep 05, 2020
But this general buhari rtd wicked shall.
God always help and provide for his children no matter what.
Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by Afolabimills(m): 10:31am On Sep 05, 2020
It shall not be well for anyone who still support this evil called buhari n apc
Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by leksbore(m): 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2020
this buhari sha. ..the man matter tire person...his leaving office will be celebrated like Abachas death......the pain in his regime is too unbreable.
Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by Mysticwebb: 12:42pm On Sep 05, 2020
He once said and I quote "I'm for everybody and I'm for nobody"
He actually meant, in bad and excruciating policies, I'm for everybody. The punishment is for everybody. In the good things of governance, like excellent medical care, good living conditions, best educational standard, I'm for nobody except my friends and family.
I can steal the recovered loot and other fund to send them abroad to get all these.
Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by GamalNasser: 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2020
Deliberate plot to impoverish the south and weaken it for the obvious reasons ... importation through Niger republic is still Tarriff free ...to think Nigerians where comprehensively warned against this man but they thought the new better ..Well Buhari can never impoverish me In Jesus Name because I didn't vote for him and I warned zombies about him but they thought they were doing us but even after 5 years of Buhari our standard of living has not dropped we still dey import water to drink steady . Zombies how market grin cheesy

Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2020
ursullalinda:
Days to come actually seems more scary........They know we only rant online and do nothing........on a good day I would have been happy with this news so we can look inwards.........but are the grounds level for our own production ........Just venture into it and confirm how frustrating this country can be.

Hmmmm... Business in Nigeria is the exact definition of "a camel passing through the eye of a needle"..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by ursullalinda(f): 2:52pm On Sep 05, 2020
Esseite:

Hmmmm... Business in Nigeria is the exact definition of "a camel passing through the eye of a needle"..

I'm telling you......It's very frustrating......especially starting from the scratch.
Re: Buhari Increases Price Of Import Duty By Almost 400%. by gmaribel(m): 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2020
We can't operate in a vacuum.

We close our borders and then beg people to buy our oil......yet we don't want to buy their goods.

We should patronize our own but due to bad roads, poor electricity, insecurity, high and multiple taxation, general inability to access loans...and when you manage to get it, it's given at a high interest rate to be paid back in the shortest time.

In the end what we produce is either excessively expensive or of inferior quality.

How long shall we wait. To get it right.
Stable electricity
Good roads
Security
Access to loans at moderate interest.

How long?

(1) (Reply)

My First Experience - Police Brutality, Terrorism And Human Right Violation / Boko Haram Started With Youth Protests, Zulum Warns #endsars Promoters / Mobs Kill Six Bandits In Southern Kaduna..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.