Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

How To Calibrate Your Smartphone Battery To Improve Usage - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Calibrate Your Smartphone Battery To Improve Usage (667 Views)

If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing / Best 5 Feature Phones With Big Battery To Buy In Nigeria / 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Calibrate Your Smartphone Battery To Improve Usage by Bestchild: 10:08am On Sep 05, 2020
Despite the natural aging of a battery in a smartphone, other unnatural processes take place. The most normal is that the operating system presents incorrect load values, making the user think he has a problem.

The truth is this situation is simple to get around, giving the battery and smartphone the correct values again. To do this, you only need to do the simple and quick calibration of the battery. This is mainly a simple process that anyone can do on their smartphone.

The process is extremely simple and it involves charging your phone up to 100% and discharging it. See the steps to achieve this below.

Let your phone discharge completely, even if it's off, turn it on again several times until it is completely worn out.

Connect the phone to the charger and let it charge fully. You must have the phone turned off while charging it.

Disconnect it from the charger and connect the device. Your phone is probably not 100% charged. Reconnect to the charger and allow the phone to fully charge.

Restart the phone to see what charge it has. You may have to repeat this process serveral times until it gets to 100%

Now you just have to wait for your phone to naturally drain the battery, switching off at the end. When you charge your phone, it'd show the correct charge value.

Being a process that is not aggressive to the battery, you can certainly repeat it periodically or when you notice a loss of capacity of this component. It will give the user a better accounting of the load of this element and keep the smartphone with more reliable information.

Source:
https://spot.tecno.com/global/post-details/index.html?id=108867
Re: How To Calibrate Your Smartphone Battery To Improve Usage by AmosAkins: 6:42pm On Sep 05, 2020
it is advisable to do it just once in a month or two
Re: How To Calibrate Your Smartphone Battery To Improve Usage by Mohbola(f): 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
A long process tho
Re: How To Calibrate Your Smartphone Battery To Improve Usage by Simeony007(m): 9:28pm On Sep 06, 2020
Na lie, na as you use your phone take play games go determine the life span or your phone and not this long epistles...

The only way I keep my phone battery save is to plug it into mains or connect it to my laptop before I can play games, once I disconnect it from charging no games again niyen.

Calibration is a lie, once your battery done spoil that's the end.
Re: How To Calibrate Your Smartphone Battery To Improve Usage by OneKinGuy(m): 11:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nice post. calibrating really helps improve the battery. If you are a root user, you can just use this app one way.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.roggstar.batterycalibrator
Re: How To Calibrate Your Smartphone Battery To Improve Usage by AmosAkins: 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2020
Simeony007:
Na lie, na as you use your phone take play games go determine the life span or your phone and not this long epistles...

The only way I keep my phone battery save is to plug it into mains or connect it to my laptop before I can play games, once I disconnect it from charging no games again niyen.

Calibration is a lie, once your battery done spoil that's the end.

So you play games while charging? cheesy
Re: How To Calibrate Your Smartphone Battery To Improve Usage by Simeony007(m): 2:46pm On Sep 08, 2020
AmosAkins:

So you play games while charging? cheesy

I need to secure my phone battery BTW I play heavy duty games
Re: How To Calibrate Your Smartphone Battery To Improve Usage by sureinfo: 6:57pm On Sep 08, 2020
its not as easy as it sounds but i have definitely learned something new, even though the power management app on my camon 12 air has been serving me perfectly well

(1) (Reply)

Realme Narzo 20 Smartphone / Promo Sales Used Infinix Hot8 Lite / Itel Mobile Launches A48 And A25 Pro Smartphones In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.