Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome (1588 Views)

We’re Managing To Pay Salaries, Facing Enormous Challenges – FG / Tinubu Challenges US Court Order To Release Records, Files Fresh Objection / New Revenue Formula: PMB Receives Report, Awaits Constitution Review Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by 2020Experience(m): 1:47pm On Sep 05, 2020
Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula is Cumbersome
Sep 5, 2020.

By Halimah Olamide

A leader of the All Progressive Congress of Nigeria, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has said that the current revenue allocation formula of the Federal Government is too cumbersome.
He said the formula does not reflect the true essence of fiscal federalism that it should be.

The revenue formula has to be consistent with the physical federalism of Nigeria. These were his words when he spoke at the inuaguration of the Ondo State Internal Revenue Service Office in Akure on Saturday.
Tinubu, who also spoke on the South-West security Network is in Ondo as part of efforts to shore up support for the governorship candidate of the party in the state, Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu.
Tinubu said the fact that he belongs to the APC does not stop him from asking pertinent questions if they are to make things better in Nigeria.
“The revenue formula has to be consistent with the fiscal federalism of Nigeria. You can reform the reformables that are federal bottlenecks today. You can question, you can query.
"What element of stamp duty is that of federal allocation and what elements of the transactions that belong to the states and why are we involved in what should be the residual matters of the states? Why the encroachments?
"Even in the same family of twins, they do argue. They do ask questions. We wont stop to ask questions. We won’t stop to ask for the right thing for the Federal Republic of Nigeria."

On the special security outfit in the South-West, Tinubu said the network is a child of necessity saying if all are properly employed, there would be no need for Amotekun,
"I pray that you don’t need Amotekun really. Amotekun is a creation of necessity. If all are engaged, Amotekun would be a pet." he said

He said the coming election is not about Akeredolu. "It is about the future of this country," he added.

https://nporeports.com/says-amotekun-is-creation-of-necessity-3334

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by alwayslearning9: 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2020
Speaking up
Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by Madibah(m): 1:53pm On Sep 05, 2020
Tinubu grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by Mistakemaker: 1:56pm On Sep 05, 2020
Drug baron even thinks he has an opinion cheesy grin grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by illicit(m): 1:56pm On Sep 05, 2020
He is just speaking grammar to confuse people.

He is not saying anything exactly

9 Likes

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by November1857(m): 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2020
He is waking up from slumber !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by Ikeast(m): 1:59pm On Sep 05, 2020
Ragos landlord has spoken..........

6 Likes

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by Lamasta(m): 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2020
Asiwaju the people's leader, we are with You....

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by encriagona: 2:03pm On Sep 05, 2020
I see no reason why the wailers are having issues with tinubu. did he steal the remaining balance u people had in ur bank account? should he not talk again?

4 Likes

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by Tochi3(m): 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2020
Lol. grin grin
Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by Danwakae(m): 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2020
See life ... You insulted Baba OBJ for writing letter.... Very soon , u will start writing many letter ...dan iska.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by SweetJoystick(m): 2:14pm On Sep 05, 2020
Ok i don hear. Next please!
Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by OpenCSV: 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:26pm On Sep 05, 2020
Good to hear. A lot of things to question and I hope he can remember all.

How come the fuel Buhari met at N86.5 became N162?

How come dollar exchange Buhari met at N200 is now N450

How come the high inflation?

Where are the recovered loots?

Where are money raised from stamp duties?

Where are money recovered from Abacha loots?

Where are COVID 19 funds?

Where are the Chinese loans?

Where are the money recovered from custom duties?

Tinubu and any other APC leader questioning is coming late. Country don dabaru already. I don't even know what to say. To hell with PDP and APC.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 05, 2020
He wants more allocations to states coz more allocations to Lagos means more bullion vans to him. Thief!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by IamWonderful: 2:30pm On Sep 05, 2020
ok
Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by Aboks(m): 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2020
Asiwaju drug tinubu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by hunterezi(m): 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Good to hear. A lot of things to question and I hope he can remember all.

How come the fuel Buhari met at N86.5 became N162?

How come dollar exchange Buhari met at N200 is now N450

How come the high inflation?

Where are the recovered loots?

Where are money raised from stamp duties?

Where are money recovered from Abacha loots?

Where are COVID 19 funds?

Where are the Chinese loans?

Where are the money recovered from custom duties?

Tinubu and any other APC leader questioning is coming late. Country don dabaru already. I don't even know what to say. To hell with PDP and APC.

I hope Nigerians can just retaliate by voting out APC from all states. Starting from Edo and Ondo

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by jlinkd78(m): 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2020
How can Tinubu make a statement at this auspicious moment without talking about the twin increment in electricity and petrol

4 Likes

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by Ntigha: 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2020
Make we hear word abeg!

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by riches4me(m): 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2020
These South Easterners are something else. They want the presidency in 2023 out of pity or by force and at d same time want seccession. Their double standard lives is something else.They hate everybody and they are d ones that won't stay in their own land, scatter all over the country like a virus but will never speak well of their hosts. Continue to hate Tinubu because his a frontliner for 2023, we shall see.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by Arrewa: 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
Good!

This is what I have been expecting from Jagaban!

No be to just dey wait for 2023.

Buhari is killing that party so they have to act!

His popularity in the north is gradually fading away.

I don't know who's advising Buhari... But something is serious wrong somewhere.

I'm highly disappointed in this government. Highly highly disappointed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by onward4life(m): 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2020
Mistakemaker:
Drug baron even thinks he has an opinion cheesy grin grin grin

I like that name.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by Lipscomb(m): 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2020
Go to Aso rock talk sense to Buhari lead government.

Although you will make good president.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2020
Arrewa:
Good!

This is what I have been expecting from Jagaban!

No be to just dey wait for 2023.

Buhari is killing that party so they have to act!

His popularity in the north is gradually fading away.

I don't know who's advising Buhari... But something is serious wrong somewhere.

I'm highly disappointed in this government. Highly highly disappointed.
i heard from a good source that some people have been mobilized to de market Buhari online (not hard at all) and promote ElRufai against 2023. I just hope you’re not among those making that mistake cool

#Osinbajo2023
Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by bitterpill: 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2020
If he doesn't talk, na wahala

If he talks, na challenge

Na wa for una

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by Arrewa: 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
i heard from a good source that some people have been mobilized to de market Buhari online (not hard at all) and promote ElRufai against 2023. I just hope you’re not among those making that mistake cool

#Osinbajo2023
Stupidity is when northerners speak for PMB/APC you call it religious and ethnic bigotry.

When they speak against his government you start calling it some kind of conspiracy.

If we want to campaign for Elrufai we will do it chest up!

Maybe you still don't know northerners... We are not chameleons.
We are straight forward.

Elrufai already had made it clear that he is not interested in presidency that it should go to the south.

Where is this your conspiracy theory coming from?

It shows that you people are not even after the sufferings Nigerians are passing through at this critical time.
Your eyes is only on the presidency... This is pathetic!

You don't love Buhari more than we do.
But the truth is that he is failing his own people.

Buhari should sit up even Tinubu is speaking up because he knows that the north is angry!

If Buhari is doing well... Nobody in the north will dare criticize him!

Buhari is the only man that can pave way for any southerner in the north.

Go and check northern political history... We play straight politics and we are politically united

Didn't we vote Abiola and reject our own Bashir tofa? Bashir tofa even lost his home town to Abiola. What of Obasanjo?

That's northerners for you!

Now you are accusing us of conspiracy? That we are criticizing Buhari because we want to bring in Elrufai.

We don't play that kind of politics here!

Parsonally I prefer Osibanjo cos I believe in his intellectual capacity.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by Fleshly: 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2020
[s]
riches4me:
These South Easterners are something else. They want the presidency in 2023 out of pity or by force and at d same time want seccession. Their double standard lives is something else.They hate everybody and they are d ones that won't stay in their on land, scatter all over the country like a virus but will never speak well of their hosts. Continue to hate Tinunbu because his a frontliner for 2023, we shall see.
[/s]

Shut Up! just Shut Up! I say Shut Up!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2020
Arrewa:
waiting for your reply sir cool

#Osinbajo2023
Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by Fleshly: 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2020
Lipscomb:
Go to Aso rock talk sense to Buhari lead government.

Although you will make good president.

You'd make sense if you didn't add that last part.
Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by seunlayi(m): 4:01pm On Sep 05, 2020
Noted
Re: Breaking! Tinubu Challenges FG; Says Revenue Formula Is Cumbersome by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2020
Let's have this news from a reputable media.
I don't believe Tinubu is bold enough to say this

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secret Reason Wike Is Angry With My Defection - Umahi / Enugu Forest Guard, Good Example For Igbos To Emulate / A Comrade Launches Modern Nairalandand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.