Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 - Jobs/Vacancies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 (35087 Views)

5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by Agjack: 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2022
samsard:
Not passport photo. They actually want international passport and maybe a statement of account or utility bill as proof of address. They may approve the account if it's just ID they want. But if they need proof of address, they're likely to permanently limit it once they see it's from Nigeria.

Thanks so much for responding. That means things have changed because it wasn't like this before.
Do you know if they will also ask for ID for a UAE account? Maybe she can consider opening one?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by samsard(m): 2:03pm On Apr 30, 2022
Agjack:

Thanks so much for responding. That means things have changed because it wasn't like this before.
Do you know if they will also ask for ID for a UAE account? Maybe she can consider opening one?
Honestly, I haven't opened a new account in a while and can't say with certainty if they will.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by Agjack: 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2022
samsard:
Honestly, I haven't opened a new account in a while and can't say with certainty if they will.

Okay. Thanks a lot.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by Nobody: 11:40am On May 04, 2022
Hello transcribers

I am glad to have found this tread, I created a QA account last year but stopped due to very low pay upon difficult audio, please I need to get back to transcription any recommended platform in demand for transcribers or proofreaders, I will appreciate.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by TheKrakon: 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2022
The very end.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by kennybelle: 6:00pm On Jun 15, 2022
TheKrakon:
The very end.

Amazing!

QA world is gone.

I can't even remember the last time I logged in.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by Ebook4sale: 10:55am On Jul 11, 2022
Will they ban my account if I use the PayPal of a friend in the United States?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by Ebook4sale: 10:57am On Jul 11, 2022
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by RUGS(m): 1:59pm On Jul 11, 2022
Mr Joe : Am a proficient and professional teacher. I leave at Edun Street, Aboru, Iyana-ipaja Lagos. I teach both maths and English in primary school level. Therefore, you can higher me for your children who is preparing for his/her common entrance or any entrance examination. You can also higher me for tutorial lessons to your friends, children, extended family and well wishers.
You can whatsapp / connect / contact me on 08067866727.
God bless us all.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by juwoonn(m): 8:45am On Jul 18, 2022
What am I seeing? 9 minutes for 15 cents? No way! I do 10 minutes for $10 on fiverr.
Na wa o
YangiB:

I was about to post about this platform, too. Nice one @ Toluxe. You guys should try this site: verbit.ai. The files are not too difficult to handle, and those of you coming from QA World will definitely shine here. They have AI generated transcripts too, and they also have a video - most of the time - to refer to when transcribing (kind of makes the work a bit easier). It seems they're accepting new transcribers now, so now may be the right time to apply. They may take some time to get back to you since the test is graded by a human - not 100 percent sure, but it's very likely. The pay rate might be low, but it's definitely do-able. Here's a screenshot of the workspace and payment for some jobs (I made sure to block info that might lead to issues with the company, like the case with QA World): https://ibb.co/LhG3ZBh So, that's it. Cheers.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by Odunayomi2: 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2022
How do I get to register please...... I need to register...
juwoonn:
What am I seeing? 9 minutes for 15 cents? No way! I do 10 minutes for $10 on fiverr.
Na wa o
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by KindionPaints: 7:29am On Aug 25, 2022
Ok
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by Ibks100(m): 11:43am On Sep 01, 2022
juwoonn:
Na wa o
Show us the way bruv
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by Moderna: 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2022
samsard:
Is it possible to link a GT Domiciliary account with Paypal, such that one can receive the money in dollars? I'm open to other members' opinion
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by samsard(m): 4:02am On Sep 18, 2022
Moderna:

Is it possible to link a GT Domiciliary account with Paypal, such that one can receive the money in dollars? I'm open to other members' opinion
I don't think so.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by Moderna: 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2022
samsard:
I don't think so.
Thanks for your message!

Seems QA World is no longer accepting new members. Is there any transcribing or call tagging firm that pays via Payoneer? I'm looking for a remote job opportunity. I know you've been in this business for a while. Or how can I go about the Paypal wahala? They blocked the LS Paypal that I newly opened yesterday, I wanted to link it to Scribie

How are Scribie and Humanatic like?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by samsard(m): 7:57am On Sep 20, 2022
Moderna:

Thanks for your message!

Seems QA World is no longer accepting new members. Is there any transcribing or call tagging firm that pays via Payoneer? I'm looking for a remote job opportunity. I know you've been in this business for a while. Or how can I go about the Paypal wahala? They blocked the LS Paypal that I newly opened yesterday, I wanted to link it to Scribie

How are Scribie and Humanatic like?
GoTranscript pays via Payoneer. But it's competitive and getting in is a huge hassle.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by houzing: 6:22am On Sep 21, 2022
Please anyone got the link to the Humanatic Nigeria Whatsapp group. Do share.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by houzing: 6:09am On Sep 25, 2022
elantraceey:

[quote author=houzing post=116863852]Please anyone got the link to the Humanatic Nigeria Whatsapp group. Do share.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by elantraceey(f): 1:12pm On Sep 25, 2022
houzing:

Drop your digit or send me a DM.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by AlphaMogul: 7:19pm On Oct 11, 2022
nwafresh:

Yes you can be self employed anywhere you are in the country transcribing for a living.

This thread will teach you everything you need to know to start up and the tools needed to deliver the goods.

You would need

1. A PC or Laptop
2. Affordable internet connection
3. Good head phones
4 Good command of English

Everything else can be learned on this thread. For those of us who have already started transcribing, we're welcome to share our ideas here so that this can be our online community.

To avoid this thread being banned, kindly let us adhere to all the rules of Nairaland.

Should we want to share screenshots, kindly let's block the company and important call info.

Also all forms of advertising is prohibited and will be reported.

Edited 9/7/2019 posted by samsard for newbies. Once you master these, the rest go easy

E.g
Rep: I was gonna, uhmmm, I was gonna tell ya about, about the new product we launched.
What they need: I was going to tell you about the new product we launched.

Punctuation: Hello, Philip. It's Emily calling from CLH Group. How're you doing today?
Cust: I'm fine, thank you. And how are you?

Longer calls will be more complex in terms of punctuation but for a start
A comma before and after a name in mid sentence. A comma before or after a name in salutation.
You're also allowed MINOR corrections for making clear transcripts.
Anyway, read through the FAQ and regularly Consult it while working at least till you acquaint yourself with it's detail

All full company names, PayPal email addresses and screenshots that include confidential company information must not be shared on this thread and will be reported
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by latmukd: 7:28pm On Oct 11, 2022
happyscribe . com
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by Dopenigga(m): 1:46am On Oct 14, 2022
samsard:
Not passport photo. They actually want international passport and maybe a statement of account or utility bill as proof of address. They may approve the account if it's just ID they want. But if they need proof of address, they're likely to permanently limit it once they see it's from Nigeria.
I just opened a new paypal and got limited. They are asking for photo ID and I have an international passport, but it has expired. Any idea if it'll work once I upload?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by onlinestaff2020: 8:01pm On Oct 14, 2022
Dopenigga:
I just opened a new paypal and got limited. They are asking for photo ID and I have an international passport, but it has expired. Any idea if it'll work once I upload?

It will work...Upload it.,.What they want to see is if you are the real owner of the account.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by Dopenigga(m): 8:21pm On Oct 14, 2022
onlinestaff2020:

It will work...Upload it.,.What they want to see is if you are the real owner of the account.
alright. Thanks bro
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by Ugochiboy: 8:01am On Dec 07, 2022
Hi this is my number add me to whatspp group I'm on Humanatic 09070343938
elantraceey:

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by Ugochiboy: 9:58pm On Jan 11, 2023
Hi this my number 09070343938 add me on humanatic Nigeria WhatsApp group
elantraceey:

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by Ugochiboy: 10:19pm On Jan 11, 2023
Please what is the current link I need to join as this link no longer works. This is my number 09070343938 add me to the group
dryakson:
For those asking for the group, this is the link. I don't know if they revoked the link sha.

https://chat.whatsapp DOT com/GZSi1cOUNOq1Ad8dMkDvJM

CHANGE the DOT
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by houzing: 5:45am On Jan 12, 2023
dryakson:
For those asking for the group, this is the link. I don't know if they revoked the link sha.

https://chat.whatsapp DOT com/GZSi1cOUNOq1Ad8dMkDvJM

CHANGE the DOT

Thanks, but the link nolonger works. Please try sharing the current link.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by berbs: 10:16am On Jan 22, 2023
latmukd:
happyscribe . com

Hard pass.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by Lewalexzy(m): 4:10pm On Apr 19, 2023
Ugochiboy:
Please what is the current link I need to join as this link no longer works. This is my number 09070343938 add me to the group

I dey find the link too
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 by Theophinio(m): 8:56pm On Jun 24, 2023
elantraceey:

I hope you know that the quiz is different from the test and that quiz is easy and you can try multiple times till you get it,just go back and read the FAQ for the part you failed

Are you still into transcribing business.

Which platform is best and to get in

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Finally Nimc Send Success Message / 2015 Graduate Trainees Recruitment At Rainoil Limited / Mention The Worst Company To Work For In Nigeria, & Give Reasons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.