Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. (46561 Views)

Pastor Kingsley Unokhogie Escapes Assassination Attempt Along Benin Asaba Road / Prostitute Fights Mopol Officer Who Refused To Pay Her In Lekki (Photos) / Phone Snatchers Caught & Beaten In Abuja By Mopol Officers(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by adanny01(m): 10:41am On Sep 09, 2020
RealZizou:
Please don't mind my English..

I will like to keep my identity because of my safety, I am from Oyo state (Ibadan) and i am having my NYSC service in Asaba.

I got a call last week Friday around 11:43am from my PPA principal asking me why i haven't report and i told her that i will be in Asaba this weekend.

I did fulfil my promise by going this Saturday (5 sept) to cut the story short when we reach Ore Benin road (6pm), this husky black Mopol officer stop our Toyota Siena car (public transport), he ask us to get down and he approach me remove your ear phone mister man in which i did and ask me what do i do for living? and i answered with a friendly smile sir Am a youth corps, then he reply me "Really" where is your ID card and i show him and he jokingly reply me u be Yoruba boy and i said yes Sir.

Then he ask for my phone, that's when i knew something is not okay, I actually gave him my phone and he kept on searching through my what'sapp message, Inbox and pic gallery. The next thing i will hear is Mr man move to that side (my heartbeat was already running madly) he ask me why can i have 85k in my account, Why am i using 2 what'sapp account. The next thing he started calling me names you this lazy yahoo boys, god catch u today, krokor dey ur yansh this time.

I beg him to let me go that am not a yahoo boy but all my plead fall into zero then he start to threaten me that he will hand me over to EFCC then he remove his handcuff and I plead to him multiple times then his colleagues came to me which i thought he want to help me beg him only for him to say "oh boy u sef do normal and water him flower" to my surprise one those boys selling gala and drinks came to us and brought out a POS machine and this stupid Mopol force me to transfer 80k then he release me but the strange thing is that these police officers are not with their tags to reveal their names and numbers and they kept calling eachother in nicknames like scorpion, Rambo they only wear that Mopol polo shirt and carry AK 47 rifles.

The painful part of my ordeal is that the 85k is my only savings.....I know that the Lord am serving will surely punish them....Police is not your friend o

Baba u Bleep up big time.

No 1. Never hand over your phone to the police. They need a warrant to take it from you.

No 2. Even if you give them for fear of molestation, lock it and never give them the pin unless you're forced or feel threatened. If your phone has no password, sorry u don enter. (As a precaution before I hit the road, I normally delete all my bank alerts)

No 3. How did the police know you have an ATM? They didn't search you themselves, did they?

No 4. All is not lost, you have the POS transaction in your bank. The POS certainly must have a linked account. Get a statement of account with which you lay a complaint to the police, EFCC, your bank and all their social media handles. This is what is most important. Social media is the tool to use. Why are you on Nairaland if you can't use it to your advantage.

No 5. For next time and for others, play dumb. Do not answer their questions about the and don't be afraid of EFCC or the police station. Trust me, they cant ttake you to EFCC or their office. Since its public transport and you are not alone, the others must not leave you behind. So there is a limited time to which they can detain the whole car because of you. Technically they played you and you had no check moves.

No 6. A drunk police is unpredictable so forget everything I said if the police is drunk or high on something. You dont wanna end up a headline.

Pursue your case, you may get justice, interest and an apology.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by Acidosis(m): 10:45am On Sep 09, 2020
Offpoint:
See the country the youths are busy watching BBN...

It has been ruined to the state whereby it's a crime for youths to be successful.
Imagine it's a crime to have a pantry less than $250...

The present fear me, I can't imagine the future.

What do you want the youths to do that Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Sega links and others haven't done on this police matter?

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by romenna: 10:46am On Sep 09, 2020
I suspect ur hand is not clean.
Anyway, always delete ur bank alerts from ur fone for privacy n security reasons.
U can always check ur account balance via mobile app for free why leave clues for criminal to rip u off?
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by calculator123(m): 10:46am On Sep 09, 2020
Amya:
What I don't understand is why the threat of going to the Police station or EFCC or whatever makes people too scared that they allow instead to be robbed in broad day light. If you know you have nothing to fear, why is the threat of been taken to EFCC scary to you. How can you be so stupid! You're a corper with a legal ID, yet you let yourself get robbed! Please for all those reading, a policeman has no right to search your phone! If they ask for your phone, ask them for a search warrant. You have rights! Let them know that. Threaten to call you lawyer if possible. And if you know you're not guilty of anything, be the one to suggest going to the police station. I promise you they would let you go. Go to Twitter and tag all those you're asked to tag. You must get that money back!

I'm angry men.

Once you follow them to their station, the price becomes more and do I need to tell you can never be right except you have access to someone they fear or in higher authority. The big question now is how many Nigerians have such access? Now you understand why we prefer to settle before things escalate.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by ejimatic: 10:46am On Sep 09, 2020
RealZizou:

I will like to keep my identity because of my safety, I am from Oyo state (Ibadan) and i am having my NYSC service in Asaba.

I got a call last week Friday around 11:43am from my PPA principal asking me why i haven't report and i told her that i will be in Asaba this weekend.

I did fulfil my promise by going this Saturday (5 sept) to cut the story short when we reach Ore Benin road (6pm), this husky black Mopol officer stop our Toyota Siena car (public transport), he ask us to get down and he approach me remove your ear phone mister man in which i did and ask me what do i do for living? and i answered with a friendly smile sir Am a youth corps, then he reply me "Really" where is your ID card and i show him and he jokingly reply me u be Yoruba boy and i said yes Sir.

Then he ask for my phone, that's when i knew something is not okay, I actually gave him my phone and he kept on searching through my what'sapp message, Inbox and pic gallery. The next thing i will hear is Mr man move to that side (my heartbeat was already running madly) he ask me why can i have 85k in my account, Why am i using 2 what'sapp account. The next thing he started calling me names you this lazy yahoo boys, god catch u today, krokor dey ur yansh this time.

I beg him to let me go that am not a yahoo boy but all my plead fall into zero then he start to threaten me that he will hand me over to EFCC then he remove his handcuff and I plead to him multiple times then his colleagues came to me which i thought he want to help me beg him only for him to say "oh boy u sef do normal and water him flower" to my surprise one those boys selling gala and drinks came to us and brought out a POS machine and this stupid Mopol force me to transfer 80k then he release me but the strange thing is that these police officers are not with their tags to reveal their names and numbers and they kept calling eachother in nicknames like scorpion, Rambo they only wear that Mopol polo shirt and carry AK 47 rifles.

The painful part of my ordeal is that the 85k is my only savings.....I know that the Lord am serving will surely punish them....Police is not your friend o
. 1 One thing about police men is that many of them also do yahoo yahoo.So if they see one they quickly identify the person as their colleagues. 2 If you son want police yo call you a yahoo yahoo do the following: 1 dress well 2. don't wear crazy jeans. 3 Let your hairs style be decent. 3 With those things outlined in No 2 you will not be harassed again.....Sorry for how they treated you as a youth corper. .Possibly your appearance betrayed you on that day
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by Beblessedbaba: 10:48am On Sep 09, 2020
The money is not gone and can be retrieved fully and culprit arrested.

Even if the trader was held at ransom to do the deduction . Did he log a complain at the Police station assuming they were fraudsters.

quote author=Acidosis post=93736573]

Trust me, those police officers cannot be found. The money is gone and gone for good.

The evidence from the POS will only put the POS owner in trouble, not the police.

Soldiers, police etc have found a way of using traders and vendors as middlemen. The guy should just give up on Nigeria like some of us have already done a long time ago and learn to be bold. By being bold, never allow any police officer check your phone on the road. If they won't take you to the station, then refuse to unlock your phone. Yes, use a password always.

If he has the luxury of time, he can go on and on calling out the Nigerian Police as usual. We have been doing this for decades but nothing will come out of it. The Nigerian police will always be home to the most corrupt personalities in the world.[/quote]
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by cmecproblem(m): 10:48am On Sep 09, 2020
Act fast, I don't know about now but POS payments reflect after 3 days or more, you can stop the payment through your bank. Try it.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by andyanders: 10:48am On Sep 09, 2020
Danwakae:

You called them armed robbers and yet said he could have allow them call the EFCC...you are confused... These men are pure Mopol officers from the Nigeria Police ... They have killed many who refused to coperate with them in the name of yahoo yahoo or kidnapper... The guy did the best by transferring the money to the criminal officers... There are many former armed robbers in the police force , some in the Police anti-robbery squad , mostly their drivers , all in the name of repentant criminals ...the system is faulty , there is urgent need for restructuring of the Nigerian police .

My brother, don't mind some people condemning op and forming James Bond here, that he is not smart and bla bla bla.

Op did right at that point. Note that it was on a highway, nd if he had argued with them, and insisted on going to EFCC, with them, they would have killed and dumped him by road side and he will not be alive to post this.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by haiti007(m): 10:49am On Sep 09, 2020
Bola146:
Write it on other social media and tag their ogas. I pity their innocent wives and children. 89% of them are already cursed undecided
99% ma'am

Don't be surprised when you get to a police station and there are no trustworthy officers there, not even one!!
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by Acidosis(m): 10:51am On Sep 09, 2020
Never negotiate with police on the road if you know you haven't committed any crime. Choose to follow them to the station. And most importantly, call at least 2 people before you agree to go with them, a family member and a lawyer or clergy. Make that call in their presence so they won't play any si.lly pranks. It always work!

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by jaxxy(m): 10:54am On Sep 09, 2020
Whoever has that pos has become an accomplist to the crime.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by LegalOpinion: 10:55am On Sep 09, 2020
HundredWays:
Sorry to say this..
But as a graduate, u fall my hand... U for let him take u to the EFCC and let them prove u to be a yahoo boy naa.. U fvck up big time.. 80k just like that?? SMH

He is a good example of an uneducated Nigerian graduate. Even his grammatical construction shows how unintelligent he is.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by afecgivers: 10:56am On Sep 09, 2020
I know them! They are not humans. That's why i prefer going by flight. The security men on high way are worst than the real armed robbers.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by Danwakae(m): 10:57am On Sep 09, 2020
andyanders:

My brother, don't mind some people condemning op and forming James Bond here, that he is not smart and bla bla bla.

Op did right at that point. Note that it was on a highway, nd if he had argued with them, and insisted on going to EFCC, with them, they would have killed and dumped him by road side and he will not be alive to post this.

You are right ...the guy is very wise ... Those thieves police officers have killed many people who refused to coperate with them on that high way...they killed Atiku aid who was taking his kid sister to school in the name of dragging their rifle.with them after he failed to bribe them on that same road , many I can't list here ... when they stop a vehicle and see that u dresses rich and neat, they will call u out...
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 09, 2020
RealZizou:

Please go to npf twitter handle , then tag segalinks, ICPIshaku and some others. You are sure of a refund and compensation.

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by Wasky101: 10:59am On Sep 09, 2020
Cowbell521:
Who dey deceive you?
U see your ignorant self, instead of u to learn u dey doubt.
Let me enlighten you on another levels, as long as u have student Id card you are not supposed to pay toll fare, when I was a student up till masters level I never paid toll.
U go still doubt that one too
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by tunize(m): 10:59am On Sep 09, 2020
This ones like coded thief not mopol
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by NoToPile: 11:00am On Sep 09, 2020
See people blaming the poor guy that he didn't follow them to the station.

What if they kill him, not even within the town ooo they are on the road. If you have not experienced it before its easy to say this and that those people are pure evil.

He did the best he felt he could do.

Now he should try and get his money back.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by uche393: 11:00am On Sep 09, 2020
op you be m*gu
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by AlphaT1(m): 11:00am On Sep 09, 2020
RealZizou:

Go on Twitter and contact @segalink and tag @PoliceNG_CRU. ...But proof read your write-up first, or get it edited by a third party.
Goodluck.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by Aladdin1(m): 11:01am On Sep 09, 2020
obstead200:
my brother.......I don't understand why a graduate, who claims to be clean, will watch the police take away his hard earned cash just like that. Abeg that boy no pure joor. The mopol found significant evidence. If u are sure u never did or tried to do yahoo, the matter is simple. Ask them to take you EFCC. Ask them to take your to their station. As soon as u call their bluff and stick to it, they will leave u and go away. Even if Na SARs, once u sure u are clean, just stand Ur ground and call their bluff. Don't argue, don't fight, just ask them to take u to wherever they wish. Say it in a gentle voice and keep calm. Do not allow them to get u angry so u won't say something they can latch on to and frame u. Las Las they are all scared. They have jobs to protect too. I am talking from experience
You got it.the guy hand no clean.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by Wasky101: 11:01am On Sep 09, 2020
Hedonisco:

That must have been many years ago. When I served too, being on the NYSC uniform or brandishing your NYSC ID was enough to instill some degree of fear or restraint in these motherfuckers. They would quickly leave you alone as per say you he 'government pikin'. Apparently times have changed. These days corpers are prime targets for these kinds of extortion. Sad.
Yes correct over 10yrs ago, I rocked that id card then, only reason I dropped it off was cos of discharge certificate
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by jeron1(m): 11:01am On Sep 09, 2020
RealZizou:

I had same problem with saw police men same Saturday. Dem threaten to take me go court on Monday. If not for ma family in d car, I been ready for them. Laslas, my brother gave them 30k to release me
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by henrixx(m): 11:01am On Sep 09, 2020
Amya:
What I don't understand is why the threat of going to the Police station or EFCC or whatever makes people too scared that they allow instead to be robbed in broad day light. If you know you have nothing to fear, why is the threat of been taken to EFCC scary to you. How can you be so stupid! You're a corper with a legal ID, yet you let yourself get robbed! Please for all those reading, a policeman has no right to search your phone! If they ask for your phone, ask them for a search warrant. You have rights! Let them know that. Threaten to call you lawyer if possible. And if you know you're not guilty of anything, be the one to suggest going to the police station. I promise you they would let you go. Go to Twitter and tag all those you're asked to tag. You must get that money back!

I'm angry men.
that's a highway. they can order his bus to move on and waste him there and throw in the bush if he doesnt comply. make una fear sars/police o

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by wisewordd: 11:03am On Sep 09, 2020
You want answer armed robber with gun? A friend was asked to choose between being a Yahoo boy or an armed robber. Fear anyone with gun.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by Dottore: 11:03am On Sep 09, 2020
Primusinterpares:
Let's see a picture of how you were dressed first before we say anything.
Are you alright? What has his dressing got to do with being accused as yahoo boy. Do the mopol men dress responsibly!
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by aragon4realz(m): 11:04am On Sep 09, 2020
the truth is you actually transferred that money because you are guilty or your phone has symptoms of Yahoo yahoo lol. because if you're actually innocent you will stand your ground and ask them to take you to efcc
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by Xavie(m): 11:04am On Sep 09, 2020
RealZizou:

swing into action asap
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by mamajaz(f): 11:07am On Sep 09, 2020
HundredWays:
Sorry to say this..
But as a graduate, u fall my hand... U for let him take u to the EFCC and let them prove u to be a yahoo boy naa.. U fvck up big time.. 80k just like that?? SMH

Allow them? If dem kill am before he move a step nko?
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by Kachy1605(m): 11:07am On Sep 09, 2020
Those SARS at Benin Ore-Asaba road are criminals.
That was how they held me and some others guys too, my guy paid 10k.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by ymstar(m): 11:08am On Sep 09, 2020
lucasalves:

You mean
*tag
*human rights activists
*as in (spaced)
*as they call it
*what the hell
*palms not Pam's
*this is what Nigeria has degraded to.

The point is don't throw stones in a glass house. English isn't our first language there is nothing to pardon anyone for.
U really finished the guy o, the mini guy was even saying he would pardon his grammatical blunders, kettle calling pot black

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. by SavageBoy: 11:08am On Sep 09, 2020
There's something this guy isn't telling us,your story ain't complete

You didn't even post screenshot of the transfer here or even request how you should go about posting your experience on Twitter

We read here sometime ago on how one guy here was harassed and how he went about reporting the case.He even had a picture evidence, and eventually everything was resolved but it just seems you just want the case to rest like that.

You're a graduate and a corper man.You fall my hand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos / Notorious Criminal, Ekene Okonji Aka 'Galaxy' Arrested In Delta State (Photo) / Chairman Of Okada Union In Akokwa, Imo Caught Raping 7-Year-Old Girl (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.