Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Bashir Abdullahi: Power, Fuel Price Hike Ill-Timed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Abdullahi: Power, Fuel Price Hike Ill-Timed (15284 Views)

Bashir Abdullahi To Vie For Nasarawa Reps Seat In Kano State. / Bashir Abdullahi Kidnapped In Kano / Twitter Wants Ban Lifted, Reps Say Suspension Dictatorial, Ill-timed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Bashir Abdullahi: Power, Fuel Price Hike Ill-Timed by lexy2014: 11:51am On Sep 07, 2020
Creamz:

We have lots of visionary leaders in every zone of the country, but the major political parties wouldn't give them the platform because they despise those who wants to make the country better. The people of Nigeria are themselves not ready to let go of enthicity and religious sentiments to back someone who is visionary irrespective of his/her religion and enthicity. We cannot move this country forward without letting go of things.

Am not against d emergence of a visionary leader as u are hoping for. I also agree with u that religious & ethnic myopism is a grave issue in d country. But all in all, u will see that religion & ethnicity and d greed of d "big political parties" are just a distraction & d symptoms of a much larger & complex problem. D problem is that d average Nigerian is politically ignorant (but thinks that he knows), docile& selfish. Let me give u an instance.

Edo state governorship elections are upon us. We can see people trooping to campaign grounds and cramping themselves like sardines. If these same people are called out for protest against d govt, would they come out? Can Nigerians demand for better governance? Can Nigerians demand for their rights? How then will they be able to identify a visionary leader?
Re: Bashir Abdullahi: Power, Fuel Price Hike Ill-Timed by Creamz(m): 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2020
lexy2014:

Am not against d emergence of a visionary leader as u are hoping for. I also agree with u that religious & ethnic myopism is a grave issue in d country. But all in all, u will see that religion & ethnicity and d greed of d "big political parties" are just a distraction & d symptoms of a much larger & complex problem. D problem is that d average Nigerian is politically ignorant (but thinks that he knows), docile& selfish. Let me give u an instance.

Edo state governorship elections are upon us. We can see people trooping to campaign grounds and cramping themselves like sardines. If these same people are called out for protest against d govt, would they come out? Can Nigerians demand for better governance? Can Nigerians demand for their rights? How then will they be able to identify a visionary leader?

I totally agree with you. The problems of Nigeria are multifaceted. I heard someone say, if you push Nigerians to the wall, instead of them to react, they will break the wall for you to continue pushing them. Not until that national consciousness is there for most Nigerians to know that we hired these people and can fire them, the status quo will never change.
Re: Bashir Abdullahi: Power, Fuel Price Hike Ill-Timed by Kaymaxine(m): 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2020
So na wedding shopping aisha went to Dubai for

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) / Abuja Airport To Be Shut For Two Days / "PDP Frustrating Our Case At Rivers Election Tribunal" - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.