Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? (2989 Views)

OPINIONS!! Samsung A20 Or Redmi 7 Or Huawei Y7 Prime 2019. / Which One Should I Go For Infinix Note 5 Or Redmi Note 5 / Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Timekeeper: 2:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
Harrykn:
OP Observe this guy, my cousin's iphone 7 case was settled in the police station from audio to screen. Buy the redmi if you cant settle for 6s n +.... And buy me groundnut later.

Observe me for what?? I don't get
Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Harrykn: 3:02pm On Sep 07, 2020
Timekeeper:

Observe me for what?? I don't get
u reply Like say u don commit because police go always dey involve . Maybe its because i used "observed". OP timekeeper has a considerable advice, i support him.

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Jafar1: 3:35pm On Sep 07, 2020
Mustiboy:

Actually, Redmi Note 9 is far better than the iPhone 7. There's no competition here. You guys just like to praise mediocrity because it carries the name, Apple. Imagine comparing a 2016 flagship to a 2020 mid-range smartphone that has been proven to be best in class.

note 9 better than iphone 7? in battery yup, but nothing else...
Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Flytime: 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2020
Timekeeper:

Audio ic issue with 7 plus nko...

Moreover, he said 7 not 7 plus.... Why wud I choose 7 with smaller screen when I can get 6s plus with bigger Screen and it hardly get faulty unlike 7 and 7 plus
because it is better overall
Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Jafar1: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2020
Mustiboy:

Actually, Redmi Note 9 is far better than the iPhone 7. There's no competition here. You guys just like to praise mediocrity because it carries the name, Apple. Imagine comparing a 2016 flagship to a 2020 mid-range smartphone that has been proven to be best in class.

Wanna compare Fusion A10 to Mediatek helio G85?

Oga go sleep!!

The only reason anyone will take RN9 over iPhone 7 is battery and probably price....

Nothing more, I repeat, Nothing more!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Jafar1: 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2020
Mustiboy:
In what aspects is the iPhone 7 better than RN9? I'll love to know. With GCam, you can get even better camera than the iPhone 7.

So, what else? The processor of iphone 7 doesn't even come close to the RN9, and iPhone 7 gets hot and develops issues easily.

Naivety dey worry u

1 Like

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Mustiboy(m): 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
Jafar1:

Wanna compare Fusion 10 to Mediatek helio G85?

Oga go sleep!!

The only reason anyone will take RN9 over iPhone 7 is battery and probably price....

Nothing more, I repeat, Nothing more!!

You need to shut up.

That the Fusion A10 is flagship doesn't mean it's better than G85. G85 has better power efficiency, had a newer GPU that supports a host of new games, and has more cpu threads, meaning it's faster.

Imagine comparing 5 year old Flagship CPU to G80.

Can you compare SD765 with the old Snapdragon 810?

1 Like

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by TurnerG: 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
Why are you guyz telling him to go for 6s plus. You all advicing him just because of a big screen.. IPhone 7 is far better than 6splus. The camera, the design, display screen and taptic touch is better than 6s plus.4:7 inch screen is not a bad screen display. It big and good. You will all go for big screen and you won't enjoy your phone. IPhone 6s and 6s plus has panel damage easily. The phone won't switch on and won't charge again. Go to iOS help thread and check what they are saying ooo.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Mustiboy(m): 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2020
Jafar1:

Naivety dey worry u
you be mumu
Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by colossus91(m): 4:28pm On Sep 07, 2020
Strika22:
iPhone 7 is better, good specs with good resale value.
Meanwhile check my signature for durable iPhones.
You can Call or send me a DM

I want to buy iphone but still dey save money sha!!
Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2020
Don't listen to any foooool in this thread.

I use iPhone 7 plus and it's the best decision.

3 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by khingTony(m): 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2020
Mustiboy:

You need to shut up.

That the Fusion A10 is flagship doesn't mean it's better than G85. G85 has better power efficiency, had a newer GPU that supports a host of new games, and has more cpu threads, meaning it's faster.

Shut up please, the A10 is better than the Helio G85, they have the same ISA while the A10 beat it in clock speeds, The A10 can Even support 4K video recording

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Flytime: 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2020
Mustiboy:

You need to shut up.

the a10 is better than the g85 you guys should stop arguing based on being a fan boy
Specs of the iPhone never looks good on paper compared to its competitions but you yourself know what it can do

The a10 was the fastest chip the year it came out and it's still kicking strong supporting modern games

Don't compare it to its competitions in the past because back then apple was miles ahead of then unlike now with the snapdragon coming closer every year

Where competition could start is the g90 which will most likely be better when it comes to gaming.

A message to all xiaomi fans-not everyone is a gamer

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Flytime: 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
Mustiboy:
In what aspects is the iPhone 7 better than RN9? I'll love to know. With GCam, you can get even better camera than the iPhone 7.

So, what else? The processor of iphone 7 doesn't even come close to the RN9, and iPhone 7 gets hot and develops issues easily.

you can see people are not supporting you
The iPhone 7 has a better design

Better processor

Longer Os support I mean it has nothing less than 2yrs of major updates to go unlike the newer note 9

Better camera minus gcam-not everyone has the time,plus most gcam shutters are slow except you want to downgrade the quality and not many people has the time to be holding the device stable for a while all in the name of gcam

Better display

Water resistant depends on what or where you buy though

The advantage of the redmi isn't more than battery minus gcam.

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Mustiboy(m): 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2020
Flytime:
you can see people are not supporting you
The iPhone 7 has a better design

Better processor

Longer Os support I mean it has nothing less than 2yrs of major updates to go unlike the newer note 9

Better camera minus gcamnot everyone has the time,plus most gcam shutters are slow except you want to downgrade the quality and not many people has the time to be holding the device stable for a while
all in the name of gcam

Better display

Water resistant depends on what or where you buy though

The advantage of the redno isn't more than battery minus gram.

Design is subjective, bro; it all comes down to personal preferences. Not many people can deal with the iPhone 7's huge bezels in 2020.

Talking about display, except the protections the iPhone 7's screen is equipped with, the LCD isn't better than that of Redmi Note 9, and you know it. You know how deep the blacks on Xiaomi LCDs are, as well as the crispness and vibrancy of colors. The RN9 also has better resolution.

While the Fusion A10 might be better overall, the G85 is better in important areas such as power efficiency, more cpu threads coupled with almost equal speed of the A10's clock speed, and newer GPU for future-proof gaming.

Also, I wouldn't advise anyone to get a 5year old phone. I mean that phone must passed in the hands of at least 10 users. That's like going back in time. The Redmi Note 9 is more future-proof, and two major MIUI updates is guaranteed.

And yeah, with GCAM, the Redmi Note 9's camera is better, battery is better, screen is better.

Some people mentioned some inconsequential features of the iPhone 7. So, is it safe to say that the RN9 is better for having an IR Blaster?

We should also be considering price aspect, in which the RN9 is better.

With 75k, you get a brand new phone; otherwise, you get a 5 year old phone for the same price.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Flytime: 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2020
Mustiboy:

Design is subjective, bro; it all comes down to personal preferences. Not many people can deal with the iPhone 7's huge bezels in 2020.

Talking about display, except the protections the iPhone 7's screen is equipped with, the LCD isn't better than that of Redmi Note 9, and you know it. You know how deep the blacks on Xiaomi LCDs are, as well as the crispness and vibrancy of colors.

While the Fusion A10 might be better overall, the G85 is better in important areas such as power efficiency, more cpu threads coupled with almost equal speed of the A10's clock speed, and newer GPU for future-proof gaming.

Also, I wouldn't advise anyone to get a 5year old phone. I mean that phone must passed in the hands of at least 10 users. That's like going back in time. The Redmi Note 9 is more future-proof, and two major MIUI updates is guaranteed.
about update don't forget the redmi will receive one major android update forget miui while the iPhone will receive nothing less than 2 probably 3 since the 6s is getting IOS 14

About design like you said preference and I believe for him to have considered them he must have liked their design

Display -i may get back to you

Future games-you do know that IOS gaming platform is different from that of android right?
Apple would definitely make the developers develop games good enough for the 7 unlike android that has millions of devices.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Mustiboy(m): 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2020
Flytime:
about update don't forget the redmi will receive one major android update forget miui while the iPhone will receive nothing less than 2 probably 3 since the 6s is getting IOS 14

About design like you said preference and I believe for him to have considered them he must have liked their design

Display -i may get back to you

Future games-you do know that IOS gaming platform is different from that of android right?
Apple would definitely make the developers develop games good enough for the 7 unlike android that has millions of devices.

Everyone knows MIUI is the major update for Xiaomi's devices, not Android. This is because Xiaomi builds MIUI on any Android version, so Android update doesn't matter.

Yes, I know iOS is different with gaming. But in no time, iPhone 7 won't be able to play a lot of games. You sure know a lot of games don't support the iPhone 6 right now, shey? The same will happen to the iPhone 7 too soon.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Flytime: 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
Mustiboy:

Everyone knows MIUI is the major update for Xiaomi's devices, not Android. This is because Xiaomi builds MIUI on any Android version, so Android update doesn't matter.

Yes, I know iOS is different with gaming. But in no time, iPhone 7 won't be able to play a lot of games. You sure know a lot of games don't support the iPhone 6 right now, shey? The same will happen to the iPhone 7 too soon.
did xiaomi devices with Android 9 get the new navigation?,they'll lack some major features added in new android version because miui can't port everything to their os

The 6 is old with a dual core processor for light games only, I doubt any Android phone with such specs could play light games smoothly

1 Like

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Mustiboy(m): 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2020
Flytime:
did xiaomi devices with Android 9 get the new navigation?

What navigation?

Xiaomi's Devices on Android 9 are sure getting the latest MIUI 12 but are required to be updated to certain builds of A10 which Xiaomi will release.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Mustiboy(m): 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2020
Flytime:
did xiaomi devices with Android 9 get the new navigation?,they'll lack some major features added in new android version because miui can't port everything to their is unlike IOS.
The 6 is old with a dual core processor for light games only, I doubt any Android phone with such specs could play light games smoothly

It's alright.
Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Flytime: 5:51pm On Sep 07, 2020
Mustiboy:

What navigation?

Xiaomi's Devices on Android 9 are sure getting the latest MIUI 12 but are required to be updated to certain builds of A10 which Xiaomi will release.
the swipe gestures?

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Kvngfrosh(m): 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2020
@ Mustiboy The redmi note 9 vs iPhone 7 plus undecided

1 Like

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Mustiboy(m): 6:09pm On Sep 07, 2020
Kvngfrosh:
@ Mustiboy The redmi note 9 vs iPhone 7 plus undecided
Iphone 7

1 Like

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Mustiboy(m): 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2020
Flytime:
the swipe gestures?
No. But coming with MIUI 12

1 Like

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Strika22(m): 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2020
colossus91:

I want to buy iphone but still dey save money sha!!

Don’t worry, you will use it. Just Send me your number let me save, so you see my update

1 Like

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by dopedan(m): 7:09pm On Sep 07, 2020
Harrykn:
OP Observe this guy, my cousin's iphone 7 case was settled in the police station from audio to screen. Buy the redmi if you cant settle for 6s n +.... And buy me groundnut later.
been using iphone 7 for a long time no issues maybe ur cousin bought fake op go for 7 foreign used dont mind these mfs

1 Like

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Jafar1: 7:16pm On Sep 07, 2020
Mustiboy:

You need to shut up.

Fusion A10 beats ur wacky mediatek helio G85 in everything including Clockspeed, geekbench and Antutu...

In everything

1 Like

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Jafar1: 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2020
Mustiboy:
you be mumu
Carry ur frustration commot for my mention!! grin

1 Like

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Mustiboy(m): 7:26pm On Sep 07, 2020
Jafar1:

Fusion A10 beats ur wacky mediatek helio G85 in everything including Clockspeed, geekbench and Antutu...

In everything modafuvker

Everything? Maybe you need to check comparison. Yes, the A10 scores more points, but the G85 is better at many important aspects.

Between, you're very stupid and were raised very poorly. Such a shame to your innocent parents. They don't deserve an idiot like you.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by Jafar1: 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2020
Mustiboy:

Everything? Maybe you need to check comparison. Yes, the A10 scores more points, but the G85 is better at many important aspects.

Between, you're very stupid and were very raised very poorly. Such a shame to your innocent parents. They don't deserve an idiot like you.

Thats the problem with u xiaomi fanboys, u guys are always quick to insult when losing an argument....

Pls don't quote me again, I dont want u to rub ur frustrated life on me.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Or Redmi N9? by ksly24(m): 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2020
Mustiboy:

They aren't mates when it comes to CPU and gpu, go and do research

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Browse Free Using 9mobile And Mtn / The Way You Hold Your Phone Reveals Your Personality / How To Use Another Sim Card In An MTN Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.