Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra (74255 Views)

17-Year-Old Girl Raped And Strangled To Death By Her Cousin In South Africa / 2-Year-Old Strangled To Death By Housemaid For Refusing To Wear Her Clothes / Another Lady Tied And Strangled To Death In A Hotel In Portharcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by Tonitoniton(m): 8:45am On Sep 08, 2020
Kosiso12:
University Female Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra (Photos)

An undergraduate of University of Benin, Miss Chinenye Promise Nwoye from Iruokpala, Ire Village in Abba, Njikoka Local Government of Anambra State, has reportedly been strangled to death inside a hotel room at Abagana, Njikoka Local Government Area, according to ABS.

The circumstances that led to her death are still shrouded in mystery, though she was believed to be a victim of scammers or kidnappers, who lured her into the hotel for ritual purposes.

According to report gathered by IGBERE TV, the usual commercial activities are still ongoing at the facility at Abagana, with customers lodging without documentation.

IGBERE TV learnt that before she was lured to the hotel for the dastardly act on August twenty-seventh 2020, the late Miss Nwoye, who was on scholarship at Uniben, had opted for computer lessons at a neighboring town, following the outbreak of COVID-19.

Her mother, Mrs. Chinyere Nwoye and a member of her family fellowship, Brother Jude Okoye, who narrated how they rushed to the hotel shortly after the deceased informed them via phone calls that she was in danger, accused the hotel management of complicity in her painful death through their actions and or inactions, calling on government and human rights groups to unveil the killers.
They said the deceased had called to say she needed her ATM pin number to free herself from “kidnappers”.

According to them, Police officers from Abagana Divisional Police Station, came and took the corpse to Bekee Hospital Mortuary Nimo, Njikoka Local Government Area.

Two suspects, including a staff of the hotel, who were reportedly arrested by the Police over the incident were said to have been released, fueling the suspicion of an intense pressure to sweep the matter under the carpet.

When contacted, the State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Haruna Mohammed said “one suspect not two” was arrested over the incident, adding that the case has been transferred to the Criminal Investigation Department, CID, for discreet investigation.

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1363799/university-female-student-strangled-death-hotel-anambra-photos/

She is even a sister. That is the trouble with this double standard sisters in church, dragging the church into disrepute. What kind of lesson are u taking in a hotel room? All these weak females every where is alarming oo
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by Mart1994(m): 8:54am On Sep 08, 2020
These young ladies of nowadays never learn.

If you pass this one on the road, you won't even think she is the type that could end up in a hotel room.

E get one for my area. Very innocent looking. But the way d girl dey Waka these days ehn.

All that glitters is not gold una no go hear. Una go see man wey dey drive 2002 camry una eye don open.

Well, RIP
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by 15ssDRIVE(m): 8:59am On Sep 08, 2020
UDUJ:
Just see the dirty looking hotel. That should have been the first sign, because criminals prefer to use these types of shady hotels to carry out their evil plans. They know they can easily be caught if they go to a premium hotel like Sheraton, Protea et al that have CCTV cameras everywhere and room intercom.

Sad to see a student of my alma mater killed. I know people will say she probably went there for RUNS. Let's see how the investigation goes. RIP to her. What a sad way to go.

Boss,
Also look at the name of the hotel,AKUU.....

I thing it probably means, wealth.

But in Yoruba ...... meaning Una die ... excluding me ... lol....

That alone can make me ... USAin Boltt ....

If the outside is like this .. how inside go be
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by izubext007: 9:17am On Sep 08, 2020
end of runs
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by lucky4west: 9:47am On Sep 08, 2020
so many questions? what is happening to students in my dear uniben? waitin carry this innocent-looking girl go hotel? there seems to be immediate "payment" for secret sins these days.....Lord please have mercy on us all
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by hkidola00(m): 10:03am On Sep 08, 2020
ada9ja:
choke me baby, choke me babe, dont pity me baby thats how it start but when u start saying u re killing me baby...the guy go think say na still the rhythm....na so death come
i swear ur a comediene

1 Like

Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by MrWhaley: 10:21am On Sep 08, 2020
WonderWoman5775:
yep
What department?
Though, I just graduated.
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by Stallione(m): 10:53am On Sep 08, 2020
Chaiii,so my town don enter news finally.Chukwu ekwena ihe di njo,the owner should come n carry dat hotel out of my town,the hotel always give me cold feelings each time i pass thru there..
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by WonderWoman5775(f): 11:32am On Sep 08, 2020
MrWhaley:

What department?
Though, I just graduated.
linguistics
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by newisd75: 11:46am On Sep 08, 2020
end time wickedness. if not anambra, it will b delta, imo, kaduna, kano, niger, ogun, ondo, rivers & taraba
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by Seetto: 11:50am On Sep 08, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:

SHUT UP THERE YOU HYPOCRITE!
IS IT ONLY HIS COMMENT YOU SAW ON THE THREAD?
Who comot my dog outside.....?
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by Rawhumper(m): 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2020
How one makes the bed, she will lie.

Wisdom is profitable.....

quote author=WonderWoman5775 post=93669326]So sad.. Rest in peace angel
God please save uniben students let's not carry death posters when school resumes[/quote]
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by Rawhumper(m): 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2020
Ibo lile bu ofu nwanem nwoke.

No need to for this, we need to be united.
Am not Anambarian but we should not be divided amongst ourselves.

I concur the state needs cleansing but every state in Nigeria, has its peculiar demon troubling it. Dont you agree?

quote author=ABlAstate post=93670482]Enugu state people again? This must be Enugu state people living in Anambra. Why is Enugu state cursed and backward shithole? Why is Enugu state ravaged with poverty, erosion, red mud, bad roads, and filth? Tufia[/quote]
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2020
Dshocker:

Do not conclude and judge her that way...

I am not judging but saying the truth.
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by Rawhumper(m): 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2020
As much as its dangerous, not all men are ritualists, i have been to women i met online in hotels but nothing bad happened.

Its all about fate and ladies been dicreet.

I just got a story from a friend 2days ago, how she was almost used by ritualists in Owerri.
She entered taxi with tinted windows,and almost lost her life......

People should not enter taxi with tinted windows no matter how urgent it is.
Women are prized trophies for scammers and ritualists, as well as rapists. So sad most of them dont like reading the hand writting cry.

MASTAkiLLAh:
A friend into e commerce made a post about how a guy called her to a hotel where he was lodging to buy goods from her with the agreement being that they would meet in the lobby, next thing baba said she should come up to his room which she refused to do meanwhile she heard him whispering to someone else in the room saying “she no wan come upstairs o”, this my friend ran away as fast as she could. I later saw a twitter thread from a blogger sharing the same story as hers (my friend shared hers on Facebook)

Bottom line is, ladies especially should be very careful when going to meet strangers in hotels etc, it’s better you meet in open places at least you know each other better and state governments should follow the Lagos State Govt template of mandatory CCTV installations in hotel premises
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by ericangel01(m): 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2020
AFULA:
wetin carry go hotel??
don't mind them. in the first place what is she doing in the hotel. ashawo abi now u come die them bring killers to book, which book.god himself said we should protect ourselves first before he can protect us . olosho work jam badoo
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by ericangel01(m): 1:36pm On Sep 08, 2020
Mogajunior:
cool
Anambra state should be put on the watchlist.
Anambra has the highest incidence of ritual killings, occult practices, baby factory, drug pushers, rape cases, house help abusers, e.t.c, in the south east. Again these same people are the real chest beaters among Igbos.
hey, I am warning u . I'm a yoruba boy but I'm ending this shit call racial prejudices. if hear again
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by ericangel01(m): 1:38pm On Sep 08, 2020
OgatheTop:
No.

It's the skull miners that come to harvest skulls in anambra.

Wicked yoruboid ritualists
u dey mad . say no to racial prejudice. u na big boy na haba
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by ericangel01(m): 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2020
Mistakemaker:
Chai.. Fact is that Anambra is rapidly turning into a failed state day by day.. Anambra is now the headquarters of bad news in the east and doing so badly at that.. What is happening in Anambra is a case of avoidable death.. Who cursed Anambra, why the reckless killings.. Anambra that used to be quite is now an epitome of anything evil, from girlfriend killing boyfriend to Osu lovers taking snipper to all manner of evil.. Anambra needs cleaning
Pray for Anambra to be liberated from the curse of evil doers, erosion ravaged shithole towns, and other manner

Anambra has some curse that needs to be liberated.. Anambra is cursed, worthless with erosion ravaged shithole towns, sometimes I wonder if truly they're igbos as they claim

Pray for Anambra
when hardship is too much it beget evil. write that down is an original thought
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by MrWhaley: 3:10pm On Sep 08, 2020
WonderWoman5775:
linguistics
Lol, close to my Faculty...
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by Bobbynobobby: 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2020
Malawian:
Something I still try to figure out, why even take a girl to hotel? Dont you have house?

Dude how old are you?
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by Malawian(m): 4:55pm On Sep 08, 2020
Bobbynobobby:

Dude how old are you?
Almost 40
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by Ladyvixen: 5:14pm On Sep 08, 2020
These days with what has been happening in our country /society, I believe everyone should have wised up by now

Lured to a hotel, and you really went to see the unknown person.. Lemme not talk much, cause the dead can't defend themselves

May God have mercy
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by Kingbuhari(m): 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2020
I don't knw if they use use hotel swear for our girls of nowadays

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by gariepinus: 9:09pm On Sep 08, 2020
Anambra is a great state full of blessed with Bigwig's .....we are unbeatable.... We are too big for nonsense.... This sudden late bad news about Anambra here in nairaland is just to attack the state but we don't care...fools
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by WonderWoman5775(f): 4:28am On Sep 09, 2020
MrWhaley:

which is?
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by MrWhaley: 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2020
WonderWoman5775:
which is?
Faculty of Law.
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by WonderWoman5775(f): 8:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
MrWhaley:

Faculty of Law.
okay
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by Ebenezer2021(m): 9:25am On Sep 18, 2020
gariepinus:
Anambra is a great state full of blessed with Bigwig's .....we are unbeatable.... We are too big for nonsense.... This sudden late bad news about Anambra here in nairaland is just to attack the state but we don't care...fools
you're obviously sick then
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by Ebenezer2021(m): 9:26am On Sep 18, 2020
MrWhaley:

how is linguistic close to faculty of law? biko both are faculties are not situated closely, at least it's a 10-15 minutes walk
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by IgbalodeRaymond: 11:09am On Sep 18, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
IgbalodeRaymond I don catch am for you cheesy
grin
why not tag MsAllison too
Re: Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra by MrWhaley: 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
how is linguistic close to faculty of law? biko both are faculties are not situated closely, at least it's a 10-15 minutes walk
Faculty of Arts is not close to Faculty of Law, Chief?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yahoo Boys Dump Lady's Body On Akure Road (Disturbing Pictures) / Bolufemi Princess Motunrayo: Suicide Or Murder? Facebook User / #LekkiMassacre: CNN Reacts To Lekki Toll Gate Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.