Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today (1885 Views)

The Ugly Situation APC Is Trying To Hide’ / Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Buys Giant Generator (video) / 'Nigerians Have More Electricity Than They Can Consume' - Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by abouzaid: 8:28pm On Sep 07, 2020
Men, the more i don't want to talk Nigeria, the more issues pushes me into doing so. I bought Nepa credit today for my prepaid meter at a rate of #55 per kilowatthour. I noticed that the units was exactly half of what i use to get for the same amount of money, in other words, our electricity tariff was increased by about 100%, i then went online to check how much kilowatthours of electricity an average family consumes in a month, it's 914 kilowatthours, when i multiplied 914 by 55, i got #55,270. In other words, it would cost an average family #55, 270 a month to get electricity 24/7. If the family only gets electricity for 6hours a day, then their electricity bill would be # 12,567.5 per month. I'm speechless.

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by Luckydubby7(m): 8:30pm On Sep 07, 2020
Hmm
Buhari wicked shall
The worst time to be a Nigerian.
My salary was cut by 40% and bills increased by 200%. Someone will come out and tell just one single thing am benefiting from be a Nigeria citizen.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by haiti007(m): 8:30pm On Sep 07, 2020
Buhari is working cool cool

4 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by THUNDER4real(m): 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2020
by-pass the metre, they won't kill us in this country....

12 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by NwaNimo1(m): 8:37pm On Sep 07, 2020
Sai baba..........

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by Omihanifa: 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2020
Don't worry yourself about the increment just call one electrician and tell him to by pass the metre from the celling cheesy

Even if nepa comes to your house and check they can never know

2 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by GamalNasser: 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2020
abouzaid:
Men, the more i don't want to talk Nigeria, the more issues pushes me into doing so. I bought Nepa credit today for my prepaid meter at a rate of #55 per kilowatthour. I noticed that the units was exactly half of what i use to get for the same amount of money, in other words, our electricity tariff was increased by about 100%, i then went online to check how much kilowatthours of electricity an average family consumes in a month, it's 914 kilowatthours, when i multiplied 914 by 55, i got #55,270. In other words, it would cost an average family #55, 270 a month to get electricity 24/7. If the family only gets electricity for 6hours a day, then their electricity bill would be # 12,567.5 per month. I'm speechless.

I was already spending over 20k a month for 6 hours before this new increase so just imagine

2 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by chatinent: 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2020
You are not alone - Michael Jackson.

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by RuddyFusion(m): 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2020
Omihanifa:
Don't worry yourself about the increment just call one electrician and tell him to by pass the metre from the celling cheesy

Even if nepa comes to your house and check they can never know

And you think NEPA Officials no dey read this thing?

2 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2020
THUNDER4real:

I can link you up with someone to do the above for u. They think they re doing us undecided

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by Omihanifa: 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
RuddyFusion:

Even if they are reading it, they can come to your house and start entering manhole and be looking for where you bypassed it from undecided

That's what almost everybody living in an estate in Abuja is doing

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by abouzaid: 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
right now, I'm seriously thinking of running away from Nigeria, even if it's to Namibia or Botswana. I'm just tired of everything.

5 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by socialmediaman: 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2020
Very corrupt inhumane system run by a useless tyrant. It costs less in some cities in the US and Canada to run 24/7 electricity with A/C and everything running 24/7.

Technology is cheap. We don’t produce it, all we have to do is buy and adopt, that’s still difficult for us, we must first steal money from it to secure our 6th generation before we make it available to the public who pay our salaries with their taxes

4 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by abouzaid: 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2020
Oil Marketers Deny NNPC On N5.35bn Petrol Subsidy Payment
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja Oil marketers on Monday expressed surprise over the resurfacing of petrol subsidy in June 2020 as disclosed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation in its latest operations report. According to marketers of petrol, the government had since March this year declared that the downstream oil sector had been deregulated and as such there was no need for petrol subsidy. The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria and the Petroleum Products Retail Outlets Owners Association of Nigeria told our correspondent in Abuja that they had not received any subsidy payments from government. The PUNCH reported on Monday that NNPC made an under-recovery of N5.35bn in June. Under-recovery is the losses incurred by the oil firm due to the difference between the subsidised price at which the corporation sells petrol and the price which it should have received to meet its production cost. The Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs, Division, NNPC, Kennie Obateru, had explained that the return of under-recovery in June was due to the payment for stock held by marketers at the onset of the removal of subsidy by the Federal Government. “Since the subsidy removal started with reduction in pump price, marketers have been paid the differential of the PPPRA verified stock they held and it is spread over a period of six months,” he said. But the National Public Relations Officer, IPMAN, Ukadike Chinedu, said it was surprising to hear of subsidy payments when the downstream sector had been deregulated. He said, “They didn’t pay us any subsidy money. You are also aware that the market has been deregulated. We are now dispensing products based on international crude oil market price. “Furthermore, you are aware of the price regime and this regime is regulated by the price of crude oil in the international market. So, where is the subsidy coming from?” Chinedu added, “You are also aware that in the months of February, March, April, May and June, the PPPRA released guiding prices for petrol based on price deregulation. So as at what point did the subsidy come in? On whether marketers got any support when the pump price of petrol crashed from over N140 per litre to about N125 per litre some months ago, the IPMAN official said nothing of such happened. Chinedu said, “There is no differential that was paid to us because when they reduced the cost of the product from N145 to N123, they did not pay any differential to anybody. https://punchng.com/oil-marketers- deny-nnpc-on-n5-35bn-petrol- subsidy-payment/
Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by Ugaboy: 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2020
2031, remain in power
Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by Staro: 8:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
Buhari is a useless president.

His followers are all foolish

2 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by mightyhazell: 8:56pm On Sep 07, 2020
THUNDER4real:
this post is disgusting.. this is like encouraging thievery..
Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by mightyhazell: 8:58pm On Sep 07, 2020
Omihanifa:

Even if they are reading it, they can come to your house and start entering manhole and be looking for where you bypassed it from undecided

That's what almost everybody living in an estate in Abuja is doing
you should be ashamed of this kind of mindset...

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by fineboynl(m): 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2020
24 hours of electricity for 2 bedroom flat with ACs, washing machine, dryer, pressing iron, microwave, and freezer, should be around 100k a month with the new prepared meter.

3 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by IamWonderful: 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2020
THUNDER4real:
how do you by pass meter hanged on the electric pole
Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by Omihanifa: 9:16pm On Sep 07, 2020
mightyhazell:
you should be ashamed of this kind of mindset...

Nah you Sabi tongue

4 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by socialmediaman: 9:19pm On Sep 07, 2020
fineboynl:
24 hours of electricity for 2 bedroom flat with ACs, washing machine, dryer, pressing iron, microwave, and freezer, should be around 100k a month with the new prepared meter.

That’s about the same thing people pay abroad, but the cost of living is not the same. One month rent abroad can pay one whole year rent in Nigeria and one or two months salary abroad could be a whole year salary for people in Nigeria, so why should people pay the same as their counterparts abroad?
Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
RuddyFusion:

To avoid detection, u can be buying 1k topup like every three months so it won't keep reading the same thing. That's what people do

The come today and see 10units, next time they come, they will see 500units. They won't suspect.
Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by daddytime(m): 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2020
All these will only increase illegal connections.

How many dem want detect.

Lose lose situation for all.

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by otokx(m): 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
THUNDER4real:

Don't try it in PHED area, their team from HQ move in over 50 hilux complete with mopol, NCDC and DSS and have been inspecting PPM especially those that are not pole mounted, it was not a pleasant sight nor treatment for those exposed.
Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by Upright750: 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2020
socialmediaman:

That’s about the same thing people pay abroad, but the cost of living is not the same. One month rent abroad can pay one whole year rent in Nigeria and one or two months salary abroad could be a whole year salary for people in Nigeria, so why should people pay the same as their counterparts abroad?

Nobody pays that in abroad. Make some research about it and get back to us.. It's impossible for someone to pay that. , here in South Korea.. We have all that at home yet we pays about $50 .. Then check the minimum wage of this country and Nigeria own.. 9ja com finally cast..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by Nitah1: 10:15pm On Sep 07, 2020
otokx:

Don't try it in PHED area, their team from HQ move in over 50 hilux complete with mopol, NCDC and DSS and have been inspecting PPM especially those that are not pole mounted, it was not a pleasant sight nor treatment for those exposed.
Make them come try that shit over here in the north na,who born them...make them come with Navy seal,Marines and Dealta force e no go work for them..
May God punish this administration.....God forgive me for voting for bihari...cos you said in the Bible that "You overlooked in the days of ignorant"
Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by khingTony(m): 10:19pm On Sep 07, 2020
Nitah1:
Make them come try that shit over here in the north na,who born them...make them come with Navy seal,Marines and Dealta force e no go work for them..
May God punish this administration.....God forgive me for voting for bihari ...cos you said in the Bible that "You overlooked in the days of ignorant"

shocked
So you follow put hand for wetin we dey suffer
You Were ignorant in 2015 and still decided to be ignorant in 2019
God no go punish this administration, na people wey give them power he go punish

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by Larryfest(m): 10:20pm On Sep 07, 2020
Before the increase 1k electricity token was 38kwts but now it's just 14kwts that's is far more than 100% increment then one begins to wonder why this government is hell bent on killing it's citizens in every ways they can
Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by fineboynl(m): 10:35pm On Sep 07, 2020
Larryfest:
Before the increase 1k electricity token was 38kwts but now it's just 14kwts that's is far more than 100% increment then one begins to wonder why this government is hell bent on killing it's citizens in every ways they can
which state is that and which disco company. that is a wooping 71N per unit.
Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by Nitah1: 10:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
khingTony:

shocked
So you follow put hand for wetin we dey suffer
You Were ignorant in 2015 and still decided to be ignorant in 2019
God no go punish this administration, na people wey give them power he go punish
Abeg no vex....me def I de suffer my broda...
Re: My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today by dokie: 10:54pm On Sep 07, 2020
I moved from N21 to N52. In my entire life, i have never seen such instant increment in the price of any product or service.

The fuel price increase is child's play compared to the power issue. If there should be a lockdown, it should be based on this power tariff increment.

The most ridiculous thing about the whole issue is the bullshit they keep saying that areas that experience few hours of power will not have their tariffs altered.

It is a lie, and it is a ridiculous statement. Even if that is what is on paper, it will never be implemented in reality and the government knows that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

@EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? / Between Dave Umahi And Peter Obi. Who Is A Better Igbo President For Nigeria? / Ibomair To Commence Porthacourt, Accra And Banjul Flight Next Month..photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.