Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,016 members, 7,835,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest (897 Views)

Obaseki: I Will Show No Mercy To Oshiomhole / Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari / Obaseki: I Won't Appeal My Disqualification From Edo APC Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by Kwanza: 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2020
The Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has said he would accept his defeat in the upcoming gubernatorial elections provided the elections is free and fair.

The Governor, however, said the issue of him losing the election is irrelevant, saying there is no strong opposition in the elections.

Obaseki, who spoke in an interview with journalists shortly after meeting with the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mohammed Adamu, in Abuja, expressed fears over the security situation in the State, where violence has been recorded without any arrest, said he was satisfied with the outcome of his meeting with the IGP.

Asked what his reaction would be if he loses in the elections, Obaseki said: ‘First, if you have been watching you will see that the election is almost a no contest because we can’t even find the opposition party in the field. So, the issue of me losing is very, very remote, except something miracpus happens. If I lose in a fair contest, as a democrat, I will accept it. But, from what we know today and from evidence of what is available, Edo people have spoken and we just want an opportunity for them to express their views on that day. So, our concern is that people be allowed to vote peacefully and express themselves the way decide.’

https://www.today.ng/sport/football/governor-obaseki-accept-defeat-fair-contest-317021/amp?__twitter_impression=true
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by drskyfly007(m): 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2020
4+4. GOD has ordained GODwin Obaseki!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by Ahmed0336(m): 8:56pm On Sep 07, 2020
drskyfly007:

Make I quote you sharp sharp.

19/09 will end in tears

6 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by Aufbauh(m): 9:00pm On Sep 07, 2020
Do you have an option not to accept defeat in a fair contest?

Former Bauchi state Governor a member of the ruling APC was defeated squarely and he walked away talk less of an opposition governor.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2020
If he lose, and he believes the election is not free and fair, but, INEC believe is free and fair what will he do? grin

He will feel the full might of the FG.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by Madibah(m): 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2020
drskyfly007:

God ordained who?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by longetivity(m): 9:07pm On Sep 07, 2020
obaseki 4+4
Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by greatiyk4u(m): 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2020
Since you have concluded that you will win, accepting defeat will be hard because your mindset is already fixed

Just save some cash for the judges to enjoy their own share in the court

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by IamWonderful: 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2020
MOU governor already have premonition of his imminent devastating defeat

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2020
drskyfly007:
I'm sorry for you.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by Danwakae(m): 9:36pm On Sep 07, 2020
BabaOwen:
If he lose, and he believes the election is not free and fair, but, INEC believe is free and fair what will he do? grin

He will feel the full might of the FG.

Where was the might of the FG in Bauchi ??, in Adamawa ??, in Oyo ??... This election is APC against APC ... Only those who knows... It is Obaseki's to lose...
Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by Rhapsodia: 9:42pm On Sep 07, 2020
h
Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 08, 2020
Danwakae:

Where was the might of the FG in Bauchi ??, in Adamawa ??, in Oyo ??... This election is APC against APC ... Only those who knows... It is Obaseki's to lose...
You don't understand what you quote bro grin

If INEC declares Ize Iyamu as the winner, Obsekei can only go to the tribunal, what else can he do?

Where in Edo state are you?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by pastaramen99: 6:15am On Sep 08, 2020
Very good. That's the spirit of democracy
Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by Judeerons32: 7:15am On Sep 08, 2020
Accepting defeat is not optional. You do not have a choice. It is only the courts that can determine if an election was free and fair bit a contestant like you. Or as governor does he think he has such powers?because nothing Musa no go see for Obaseki gate. I hope the online supporters you seem so confident about have pvc to Vote in Edo.
Projects you could not site in each ward. For 4years you were enriching your consultant friends and shouting godfather,no sharing money. The villagers,unemployed youth have written your result they will hand it over to you on September 19 and it will be unveiled for all Nigerians to see September 20.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by Mercisharelove(f): 7:53am On Sep 08, 2020
Shut up

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by DEROX: 8:25am On Sep 08, 2020
grin Its getting clearer to him

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by Danwakae(m): 9:12am On Sep 08, 2020
BabaOwen:
You don't understand what you quote bro grin

If INEC declares Ize Iyamu as the winner, Obsekei can only go to the tribunal, what else can he do?

Where in Edo state are you?

Yea, you are right , its Tribunal .... I don't see a federal might in Edo , due to the politicking about the election ...I am in Edo north ... I am not a member of any of the party ....just what I know and have confirmed...APC vs APC ~ 2023 presidency.
Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 08, 2020
Danwakae:

Yea, you are right , its Tribunal .... I don't see a federal might in Edo , due to the politicking about the election ...I am in Edo north ... I am not a member of any of the party ....just what I know and have confirmed...APC vs APC ~ 2023 presidency.
It seems you now get me a little bit!

If INEC declares Ize Iyamu the winner, and Obaseki talk say e no gree, so e no go handover, then that's when he will know what is called the federal might.

I'm thinking this way, base on what Obaseki is saying.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by Bodexman(m): 9:18am On Sep 08, 2020
Aufbauh:
Do you have an option not to accept defeat in a fair contest?

Former Bauchi state Governor a member of the ruling APC was defeated squarely and he walked away talk less of an opposition governor.

They do believe that walking away quietly after defeat is not what is expected of them. Are they doing us any good if they don't accept the result in good fate?

But don't mind him...

He will still approach the court and call the INEC all sort of names.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by Danwakae(m): 9:33am On Sep 08, 2020
BabaOwen:
It seems you now get me a little bit!

If INEC declares Ize Iyamu the winner, and Obaseki talk say e no gree, so e no go handover, then that's when he will know what is called the federal might.

I'm thinking this way, base on what Obaseki is saying.

He must hand over ... Whoever INEC declears the winner ...so be it .. till then , let's just pray for no post of live election ...
Re: Governor Obaseki: I Will Accept Defeat In Fair Contest by slivertongue: 10:06am On Sep 08, 2020
I wish Edo well jare. I don tire for dia matter

(1) (Reply)

PDP Buying Votes In Edo Election / President Buhari Mistaken ENDSARS PROTEST To Covid 19 Rally / Tinubu And Buhari As The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.