Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans (2361 Views)

Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada / EEDC Is Charging 64.6 Naira Per Kwh. How Much Is Your Disco Charging You? / Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by aieromon(m): 9:01am On Sep 08, 2020
jmoore:

But the crucial point which is still evident after arriving at 57.81kwh is that it is still a SCAM. My area has poor access to power supply and shouldn't be charged at that amount.

It is better they make the tariff plans exactly the same for everyone. Not having separate tariff plans they can't implement.

According to the tariff plan, I should be placed on 34 Naira .

Service areas have been clustered into bands based on amount of energy distributed and this is why you need to follow up with EEDC. I think we should calm down with the fight for cheap electricity. Do you know that it costs a minimum of ₦120 per kWh to run a generator of 3.3kVA for 6 hours per day?

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/338788627_Electricity_Supply_in_Nigeria_Cost_Comparison_between_Grid_Power_Tariff_and_Fossil-Powered_Generator
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by jmoore(m): 9:24am On Sep 08, 2020
aieromon:

Service areas have been clustered into bands based on amount of energy distributed and this is why you need to follow up with EEDC. I think we should calm down with the fight for cheap electricity. Do you know that it costs a minimum of ₦120 per kWh to run a generator of 3.3kVA for 6 hours per day?

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/338788627_Electricity_Supply_in_Nigeria_Cost_Comparison_between_Grid_Power_Tariff_and_Fossil-Powered_Generator

It is better we stick to a topic than deviating. This thread is not about cheap electricity.

The government and power companies should be transparent.

It is better they say everyone will pay 200 Naira per kWh. Then people will have a choice to pay or use their generator or other alternatives.

Not using service areas to DEFRAUD Nigerians.
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by aieromon(m): 9:46am On Sep 08, 2020
jmoore:

It is better we stick to a topic than deviating. This thread is not about cheap electricity.

The government and power companies should be transparent.

It is better they say everyone will pay 200 Naira per kWh. Then people will have a choice to pay or use their generator or other alternatives.

Not using service areas to DEFRAUD Nigerians.

EEDC released a press statement. If you have any issues, follow up with them. They know more about the power supplied to your area and the band you fall into. You have arrived at a conclusion abruptly.
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by fineboynl(m): 10:26am On Sep 08, 2020
aieromon:

Where did the 7.5% VAT disappear to?

₦150 - (7.5% of ₦150)
₦150 - ₦11.25
₦138.75 divided by 2.4 gives ₦57.81 per kWh
you are not making sense. wether tax or no tax. the total money paid is what matters. even if he buy 1million unit. it's still the 62 naira including the 7.5% tax
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by jmoore(m): 10:31am On Sep 08, 2020
aieromon:

EEDC released a press statement. If you have any issues, follow up with them. They know more about the power supplied to your area and the band you fall into. You have arrived at a conclusion abruptly.

There is nothing to follow up. Each band has number of hours of power supply allocated to it.

What's the point of putting everyone on the same band when they don't enjoy same hours of power supply? Is it not obvious the system is flawed?

I follow EEDC Facebook. Don't assume, you are talking to a novice.
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by fineboynl(m): 3:14pm On Sep 09, 2020
jmoore:

When I saw the different tariff plans, I was skeptical. My question was, do they have the mechanism to determine who is having 4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours and 20 hours?

This is obviously a SCAM by NERC and Discos.

I want to ask you some questions. please I need this info to verify some things.

here are the questions.

1. are you using the old or lastest meter?
2. a, if it's the new meter how many unit do you make use of per hours during your heavy ussage.
b, if old meter how many unit do you costumed per hour during your heavy usage.
3. what are your main heavy usage. the items that consume the most of your unit. namely e.g ac, freezer and their is watt
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by jmoore(m): 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2020
fineboynl:

I want to ask you some questions. please I need this info to verify some things.

here are the questions.

1. are you using the old or lastest meter?
2. a, if it's the new meter how many unit do you make use of per hours during your heavy ussage.
b, if old meter how many unit do you costumed per hour during your heavy usage.
3. what are your main heavy usage. the items that consume the most of your unit. namely e.g ac, freezer and their is watt

We use the latest meter.

We abandoned making use of fridges because it is of no use. Imagine having 3 hours of power supply in the day and 2 hours in the night. I can't get an ice bock from it.

Currently these are what we use electricity for.
1- Electric bulbs (2 watts, 3 watts, 5/6 watts)

2- 3 Television sets. 1 of the Tvs uses adapter, so I suspect it consumes less. Currently, I hardly use that one because subscribing to Startimes to watch it is like wasting my money because of poor power supply.

3- Pressing Iron- We don't use this every time. I can't remember the last time I used it.

4- Charging phones.

5- Ceiling fans- On average, one ceiling fan may be in use. Maximum would be 3.

We are not heavy users. I bought 1,050 Naira worth of token on July and it has not been exhausted.
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by dgitrader(m): 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
jmoore:

We use the latest meter.

We abandoned making use of fridges because it is of no use. Imagine having 3 hours of power supply in the day and 2 hours in the night. I can't get an ice bock from it.

2- 3 Television sets. 1 of the Tvs uses adapter, so I suspect it consumes less. Currently, I hardly use that one because subscribing to Startimes to watch it is like wasting my money because of poor power supply.

3- Pressing Iron- We don't use this every time. I can't remember the last time I used it.

4- Charging phones.

We are not heavy users. I bought 1,050 Naira worth of token on July and it has not been exhausted.

bro, i feel you have raised very vital issues. and every reasonable consumer should be concerned irrespective of the area. but i would like you to take note that your area is excluded by the new tariff, because you get less than 12 hours daily supply for cumulative 15 days/month. the government is completely insensitive to the plights of nigerians, but when you look deep into the power sector, this new price regime is unavoidable. power generation remains very expensive in Nigeria and the discos and gencos are running at loss practically with the rates as it was. i pity people who are on estimated bills , they might weep at the sight of thier next bills. light bills now will cost more that house rents very soon for most people.

2 Likes

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by fineboynl(m): 6:03pm On Sep 09, 2020
jmoore:

We use the latest meter.

4- Charging phones.

nice one. you guys are the people NEPA are scared of because you don't use their light. that why they are increasing it and also avoiding giving meters to people like you. like us we are heavy users. ac, fridge, hot plate and other minor things
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by Adequate459: 8:07am On Oct 31, 2020
Please,What's the process of topping up prepaid meter after the first 100 units is exhausted
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by jmoore(m): 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2020
Adequate459:
Please,What's the process of topping up prepaid meter after the first 100 units is exhausted

Who is your service provider?
EEDC?
IKEJA?
PHEDC?
ETC...
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by favor914: 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2020
jmoore:

When I saw the different tariff plans, I was skeptical. My question was, do they have the mechanism to determine who is having 4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours and 20 hours?

This is obviously a SCAM by NERC and Discos.
They have a name for it, it is called load shedding.
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by Adequate459: 1:35am On Nov 02, 2020
jmoore:

Who is your service provider?
EEDC?
IKEJA?
PHEDC?
ETC...

Ikeja please
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by jmoore(m): 10:23am On Nov 02, 2020
Adequate459:

Ikeja please

I use EEDC and recharge through quickteller.

Try using quickteller and see if they will bring out Ikeja electric as an option. Please check carefully if they have Ikeja postpaid and Ikeja prepaid before proceeding.
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by Adequate459: 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2020
[quote author=jmoore post=95593550]

I use EEDC and recharge through quickteller.

Try using quickteller and see if they will bring out Ikeja electric as an option. Please check carefully if they have Ikeja postpaid and Ikeja prepaid before proceeding. [/quote

Thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex-toy Senator, Elisha Abbo Again Slaps An Elderly Man In New Video (watch Vide / Hausa Man Killed In Anambra (picture added) / The PDP Will Lose If The APC Produces Tinubu ------- Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.