Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Importation Business - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Importation Business (5262 Views)

Free Mini Importation Business Online Training / Importation Business / Guidelines On Mini Importation Business From USA And China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Importation Business by ecomalchemist(m): 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2020
bamidele89:

Please bro when selling baby products
What type of audience can I target

Married women (28 - 45)
Mothers
New born mothers

Alternatively, you can join facebook groups (Ask the gynaecologist) and others..you'd find your audience there.
Re: Importation Business by bmarketing: 8:57pm On Sep 11, 2020
ecomalchemist:
Thank you TechSkill for all you do. I've been following your posts for sometime now.

However, we can all join a WhatsApp group where we can discuss and share ideas aswell.

For noobs, I'd advice you don't spend a dime importing anything for now due to the exchange rate. If you want to import, just import hundreds of a particular product.

Of course, you must have done your own research to know a hot selling product.

Find a hot selling product and head to to get it locally. Run traffic to your landing page and adopt a dropshipping method (you source locally from jiji, add your mark up and send directly to the customer). Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

For landing pages, you can use mailchimp, getresponse or carrd.io

For logistics services, open an ecommercce account with GOD IS GOOD LOGISTICS.

If you need logistics that do same day delivery in Lagos, you can reach out to me.

For Facebook ads, goto trafficmastery.ng.

TechSkill, we really need to talk. There's something I'm working on and it'd be of great benefit to the community.

Cheers !!

Please can I track back a lil bit. You said "For landing pages, you can use mailchimp, getresponse or carrd.io". This means you run an opt-in form for your landing page. I'm not following, do you mean to test the product with the number of opt-ins. But you run it as your main page and sell via option (email). Please clarify that part thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Importation Business by bamidele89: 9:49pm On Sep 11, 2020
ecomalchemist:

Married women (28 - 45)
Mothers
New born mothers

Alternatively, you can join facebook groups (Ask the gynaecologist) and others..you'd find your audience there.

OK bro
Thanks so much for this
Re: Importation Business by ThePianoGuy: 11:40pm On Sep 11, 2020
TechSkill:
Just stick to Alibaba. The price are not too different. It is same. If you doubt me, check it out. Using 1688.com comes at a disadvantage because you won't understand what is written there (chinese) and you would need Chinese agent to help you buy from there. But Alibaba, you can handle it by yourself, save money that could have gone to agent, have peace because it is written in English.

It is safe to say that 1688.com is just the chinese version of Alibaba, price-wise
Contact Us for your Procuremenr from 1688 and taobao.
we can also help you pay your suppliers on alipay and 1688.

Nornal and Express cargo available
we also waybill to different state.

whatsapp- ‭‭+8613614012491

1 Like

Re: Importation Business by ThePianoGuy: 11:41pm On Sep 11, 2020
ecomalchemist:

lol, you are absolutely correct.

Nigeria is a consumer society and we don't produce anything. The eCommerce game is here to stay for a very long time.

I strictly use 1688, i no fit shout, lol.

I imported a particular product for less than $2 and sold it here in Nigeria for 10k inclusive of free deliver to customers doorstep.

GIGL is quite expensive no doubt about that but they're efficient and helps boost my brand. They receive payment on your behalf and charge a fee though.

However I think I'd look into using local courier services so as to save cost on deliveries because its really eating deep into my profit.

Are you in Lagos ? We can work on a whatsapp / telegram dropshipping store that will fetch money daily.
Contact Us for your Procuremenr from 1688 and taobao.
we can also help you pay your suppliers on alipay and 1688.

Nornal and Express cargo available
we also waybill to different state.

whatsapp- ‭‭+8613614012491
Re: Importation Business by bamidele89: 8:03am On Sep 12, 2020
ecomalchemist:

Married women (28 - 45)
Mothers
New born mothers

Bro good morning
Please which type of Facebook group can I join please
Re: Importation Business by AIT1(m): 10:46am On Sep 12, 2020
I'm really gaining here.
Re: Importation Business by peacealways: 11:28am On Sep 12, 2020
It's good here
Re: Importation Business by ecomalchemist(m): 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2020
bamidele89:

Bro good morning
Please which type of Facebook group can I join please

Read carefully, go to facebook groups, type in 'Ask the Gynaecologist', join the group. other suggestions from facebook will pop up too.

Check MAMALETTES too.
Re: Importation Business by ecomalchemist(m): 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2020
bamidele89:

Mostly I use logistics I saw on Instagram
There was a woman on Instagram I saw she run delivery company in kano
She charge me 400 naira per good deliver

What's your number, I'd be needing her services.

Thanks !!
Re: Importation Business by bamidele89: 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
ecomalchemist:

What's your number, I'd be needing her services.

Thanks !!

Check my signature bro
Thanks for the info too
Re: Importation Business by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2020
Good day. if you need a Procurement agent to help you buy,ship and pay your suppliers on 1688 and Alibaba

WhatsApp me - https:///2347081997275

i also sell Yuan in Bulks

Re: Importation Business by TechSkill: 10:28am On Sep 13, 2020
ecomalchemist:

Married women (28 - 45)
Mothers
New born mothers

Bros, I have seen ur pm. I will respond as soon as possible. Don't want u to feel I am ignoring.
Re: Importation Business by ecomalchemist(m): 11:33am On Sep 13, 2020
TechSkill:

Bros, I have seen ur pm. I will respond as soon as possible. Don't want u to feel I am ignoring.

Alright bro.

1 Like

Re: Importation Business by Winnerrrr(m): 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
TechSkill:

thanks for this thread, please do you recommend NBC logistics?
Re: Importation Business by TechSkill: 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
Winnerrrr:

thanks for this thread, please do you recommend NBC logistics?
Yeah
Re: Importation Business by TechSkill: 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2020
TechSkill:
Let's assume that we settle for the tyre inflator and we would like to import and sell it.

The next thing to do is contact the sellers, based on prices that you feel is best for you. When you contact sell, you tell him/her that you want to make purchase their product with specifics on quantity.

They will set up a payment link for you to make the payment and you will give them address of your Chinese agent (or shipper), where they will send your product to. It would take about 2-3 days for this process to complete, that is sending the package from seller to your shipper.

When your package gets to your shipper, you will have to choose between express and cargo (due to corona, only cargo shipping is currently considered across all shippers) and they charge per KG.

Make sure that you give seller your Name and phone number with instruction to write them on your package for easy identification.
Re: Importation Business by bamidele89: 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
TechSkill:
Yeah

Bro please how much did you spend on ads daily
AND HOW Much do you recommend a novice to start with
Please help answer this two questions
Thanks
Re: Importation Business by TechSkill: 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2020
bamidele89:

Bro please how much did you spend on ads daily
AND HOW Much do you recommend a novice to start with
Please help answer this two questions
Thanks
start with $5/ day and scale.

If you are running a demo ads too, use $5/day.
Re: Importation Business by bamidele89: 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
TechSkill:
start with $5/ day and scale.

If you are running a demo ads too, use $5/day.

As for me I use naira account
And I spend 5k daily so what did you think should I increase or reduced it
Re: Importation Business by TechSkill: 8:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
bamidele89:

As for me I use naira account
And I spend 5k daily so what did you think should I increase or reduced it
5K daily is not bad IF the ads is converting well and only you can answer that.
Re: Importation Business by TechSkill: 8:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
TechSkill:
Let's assume that we settle for the tyre inflator and we would like to import and sell it.

The next thing to do is contact the sellers, based on prices that you feel is best for you. When you contact sell, you tell him/her that you want to make purchase their product with specifics on quantity.

They will set up a payment link for you to make the payment and you will give them address of your Chinese agent (or shipper), where they will send your product to. It would take about 2-3 days for this process to complete, that is sending the package from seller to your shipper.

When your package gets to your shipper, you will have to choose between express and cargo (due to corona, only cargo shipping is currently considered across all shippers) and they charge per KG.

Once you have decided on the product to sell, you should would need to have a website that you can use for the sales of your product.

To get started, go to Namecheap.com and register a domain name of choice, which will cost around $9/ year

Link here: https://www.namecheap.com/domains/domain-name-search/

Pay for hosting on Namecheap as well to help host the domain name earlier registered.

Namecheap has package called "Stellar" for hosting 3 websites at the cost of $17 for the first year.

Link Here: https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/shared/

With that done, your login details will be sent to your email after you finish hosting payments.

To host your domain name, you simply change the "nameserver" you will find this in the email that namecheap will send to you.

Search online for "instabuilder plugin" and install it. It is with this that you will be doing your works on Landing pages.

After you install the instabuilder, you can the proceed to write your sales copy which will be used to sell you products with a form included on it.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Importation Business by zord33k(m): 11:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
TechSkill:

Once you have decided on the product to sell, you should would need to have a website that you can use for the sales of your product.

To get started, go to Namecheap.com and register a domain name of choice, which will cost around $9/ year

Pay for hosting on Namecheap as well to help host the domain name earlier registered.

Namecheap has package called "Stellar" for hosting 3 websites at the cost of $17 for the first year.

With that done, your login details will be sent to your email after you finish hosting payments.

To host your domain name, you simply change the "nameserver" you will find this in the email that namecheap will send to you.

Search online for "instabuilder plugin" and install it. It is with this that you will be doing your works on Landing pages.

After you install the instabuilder, you can the proceed to write your sales copy which will be used to sell you products with a form included on it.

Thank you for this sir, Can you give a sample/format of the sales copy?
Re: Importation Business by AIT1(m): 10:23pm On Sep 14, 2020
TechSkill:

Thanks.

I want to ask, the traffic for the Facebook ads will be sent to the landing page that must have a convincing sales copy to "force" the leads to buy.

Now, my question is, will it be be designed like a sales page where the leads can pay and check out?

Or

I will have to include my WhatsApp number and send them to my WhatsApp from there and sell to them on WhatsApp?

Thanks.
Re: Importation Business by TechSkill: 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2020
AIT1:

Thanks.

I want to ask, the traffic for the Facebook ads will be sent to the landing page that must have a convincing sales copy to "force" the leads to buy.

Now, my question is, will it be be designed like a sales page where the leads can pay and check out?

Or

I will have to include my WhatsApp number and send them to my WhatsApp from there and sell to them on WhatsApp?

Thanks.

Yes, the landing page must have convincing sales copy that will make them buy...

As for the checkout option, Nigeria is not so advanced to the stage where people pay over the internet before getting their package and the population of those who do that is VERY small.
So, what we usually do is have a form with instruction that tell them to fill their full details (e.g name, address, phone number etc) IF they want to buy.

The information filled will be sent to an email linked to that form and you call them from their phone number .

My call script goes like this
Me: Hello,

I believe I am speaking to mr/mrs xyz

them: yes

Me: Okay, you filled our form for xyz item for so and so

Them: oh, yes.

Me: I am calling to know whether you will around between now and the next 5 days because we are bringing it to you.

Should we proceed and will you be available to pick it up?

Them: Yes (or No in some cases)

Me: Thank you very much and God bless you (tapping the religious psyche of average Nigerian grin grin grin).

END.

the reason why this is important is that from their response, you will be able to gauge those IF they are really serious or just jokers because it won't be good to send an item all the way from your location to somewhere in the North while the person is not interested or not around.

You are going to have some time wasters but overall, the good outweighs the bad..

Also, it is good to strike while the iron is hot, delay can make them change their mind over a period of them.
Re: Importation Business by AIT1(m): 3:49pm On Sep 15, 2020
TechSkill:

Yes, the landing page must have convincing sales copy that will make them buy...

As for the checkout option, Nigeria is not so advanced to the stage where people pay over the internet before getting their package and the population of those who do that is VERY small.
So, what we usually do is have a form with instruction that tell them to fill their full details (e.g name, address, phone number etc) IF they want to buy.

The information filled will be sent to an email linked to that form and you call them from their phone number .

My call script goes like this
Me: Hello,

I believe I am speaking to mr/mrs xyz

them: yes

Me: Okay, you filled our form for xyz item for so and so

Them: oh, yes.

Me: I am calling to know whether you will around between now and the next 5 days because we are bringing it to you.

Should we proceed and will you be available to pick it up?

Them: Yes (or No in some cases)

Me: Thank you very much and God bless you (tapping the religious psyche of average Nigerian grin grin grin).

END.

the reason why this is important is that from their response, you will be able to gauge those IF they are really serious or just jokers because it won't be good to send an item all the way from your location to somewhere in the North while the person is not interested or not around.

You are going to have some time wasters but overall, the good outweighs the bad..

Also, it is good to strike while the iron is hot, delay can make them change their mind over a period of them.

Okay, thank you very much for this.

What will you advice someone's that is just starting out and has no distributors and can't pay for distribution company. Will concentrating on just one state be profitable? (the state is not Lagos).

Does payment before delivery world's well?

Do you have any product you can suggest to a newbie that is just about to start?

I'm sorry for asking too much questions, I wish to start this business before this month ends. I've been procrastinating and looking for the right time for long and that doesn't seem to work.

Thank you sir.
Re: Importation Business by bamidele89: 11:46am On Sep 17, 2020
AIT1:

What will you advice someone's that is just starting out and has no distributors and can't pay for distribution company. Will concentrating on just one state be profitable? (the state is not Lagos).

Do you have any product you can suggest to a newbie that is just about to start?

I'm sorry for asking too much questions, I wish to start this business before this month ends. I've been procrastinating and looking for the right time for long and that doesn't seem to work.

Thank you sir.

I don't advise u paying delivery company
Kindly go to Instagram search for any state logistics for example you need delivery company in Abuja go to Instagram and search (ABUJA DELIVERY) many page will pop up message them and ask how much they charge for pick up and delivery in their state when u see one save their Whatsapp number and send it to then
It easy like that
Some charge 1k but for North
My delivery agent in kano charge 400
My delivery agent in Jos charge 500
But Abuja charge 1k
My delivery agent in Porthacourt charge 800 and many more

I search all of them on Instagram and message them
Re: Importation Business by bamidele89: 11:48am On Sep 17, 2020
AIT1:

Thank you sir.

There are many products out there
Just search for product that solve people problems
OR
Products that make people do lesser work than before

For example vibro action, vitamin c and many more
Re: Importation Business by AIT1(m): 11:51am On Sep 17, 2020
bamidele89:

I don't advise u paying delivery company
Kindly go to Instagram search for any state logistics for example you need delivery company in Abuja go to Instagram and search (ABUJA DELIVERY) many page will pop up message them and ask how much they charge for pick up and delivery in their state when u see one save their Whatsapp number and send it to then
It easy like that
Some charge 1k but for North
My delivery agent in kano charge 400
My delivery agent in Jos charge 500
But Abuja charge 1k
My delivery agent in Porthacourt charge 800 and many more

I search all of them on Instagram and message them

Okay. Thank you very much.

I really appreciate your kind response.
Re: Importation Business by AIT1(m): 11:52am On Sep 17, 2020
bamidele89:

There are many products out there
Just search for product that solve people problems
OR
Products that make people do lesser work than before

Thanks. I will work on that.
Re: Importation Business by Winnerrrr(m): 12:55pm On Sep 17, 2020
bamidele89:

There are many products out there Just search for product that solve people problems OR Products that make people do lesser work than before
A question here, is this business location specific, must I be in Lagos?
Or I can do it in my state.
NB: I live in core north and I don't think they have much buying power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Make Money With Pos / Peter Ololo: The Man Who Brought Down The Banks / Inspiring Success Stories Of Nigerian Entrepreneurs And Role Models

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.