Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Let's Talk About Soul Winning! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Talk About Soul Winning! (4822 Views)

Let's Talk About Love. / Let's Talk About Sex (by Pastor E. A. Adeboye) / What Is The Difference Between Soul Winning And Evangelism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by Joagbaje(m): 9:42am On Feb 23, 2011
Proverbs 11:30
30 The fruit of the righteous[ is] a tree of life; and he that winneth souls[ is] wise.

Mark 16:15
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Acts 1:8
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Have you embrace the number one responsibility? Please share what you know on this thread  from the Word of God, and Personal experience on the field of evangelism .
I want this thread to be a resource for everyone who wants to know about Evangelism also known as Personal-witnessing or Soul winning .

The purpose is to inspire Christians who have not yet embraced the call to evangelism,to be inspired to do so. And also those who desire to be effective in it can find resource here .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by nuella2(f): 10:42am On Feb 23, 2011
My experiences in evangelism have been wonderful. Two weeks ago i went out for evangelism i met i young man standing at a corner, i greeted him and started sharing the gospel with him. The guy started shouting, that he will never go to church in his life, that he was frustrated that he has been jobless for years after graduation. That was a good place to start from, his frustrations, i talked about God carrying all his cares, but he needed to come to God first as that was the greatest miracle a man can ever receive.

I preached Christ to him not a religion or a church. After few minutes he stopped shouting he started listening to me. Although he didnt make Jesus lord of his life that day, i took his mobile number, so i cld follow him up. And i interceded for him, spent hours doing that, i prayed that the light of the gospel will shine into his heart and i paralzed every frustrations in his heart with prayers, cos i know prayer is a tool for effective evangelism. The first week i invited him to church he was still angry, he said he will never go to church, that i was wasting my time. After two weeks of consistent calls and prayers he was in church a week ago, glory to God!

That was a step to the right direction, i will give his name and details to the follow -up department in church so a brother can visit him, as a sister do not visit a first timer alone.

When we go out for evangelism we need to be moved with compassion, we need to be dead to self as everybody might not be nice to us, but look beyond their attitude look at the soul that needs to be saved, knowing that Jesus actually died for everyone.

It does not matter if they insult you or talk you down, God will reward you. And always remember the word is a seed, so even if the person did not give his heart to christ immediately continue praying for the person, he will someday.

Evangelism is our number one responsibility and we have the ability to carry it out. Thats the reason for the holy spirit, for effective witnessing.

Shalom.
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by newmi(m): 10:50am On Feb 23, 2011
You know what Jo we most recently began a massive campaign on soul winning and yesterday l added one more to my records but one very sticking observation l made was that- l observed that heart of the people were already prepared because morethan once, almost immediately l ask the question: are you bornagain? their answer is
"---No, but l want to, how can l", you know and without any much ado we're already praying. The experience is wonderful!!!

All of these only gives credence to the fact- THIS ARE THE DAYS OF HIS HARVEST AND THE DAYS OF HIS Harvest
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by newmi(m): 11:03am On Feb 23, 2011
The very moment Pastor Chris declared the month of march as the month of soul winning l knew it was from The Lord because prior to that announcement, my pastor had been making a consistent emphasise on the issue of soul winning and l had been meditating a scripture- proverbs 10:5

"He that gathereth in summer is a wise son: BUT HE THAT SLEEPETH IN HARVEST IS A SON THAT CAUSETETH SHAME"

THIS ARE THE DAYS OF HIS HARVEST, THANK GOD FOR THE LEADERSHIP OF HIS Harvest
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by Azibalua(f): 11:14am On Feb 23, 2011
Everyone needs christ
We cannot overemphasise this
I led a man to christ this morning
It was a great experience.
I purposely took a bike and made up my mind I was going to lead the bike man to christ
As I alighted from the bike I withheld his money and then asked if he goes to church,his response was a loud yes
Then I asked are you born again,and then there was no response
Immediately" I went in for the kill"
I preached christ,his love and Favour towards man
I led the man in the prayer of salvation
And then invited him to our service
He had smiles all over his face
When it was time to pay I gave him extra cash because I had taken some of his time
And" oh me god"
Was he glad
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by mabell: 11:51am On Feb 23, 2011
Joagbaje:

[color=#990000]Proverbs 11:30

The purpose is to inspire Christians who have not yet embraced the call to evangelism,to be inspired to do so. And also those who desire to be effective in it can find resource here .

I can tell of some challenges faced before and during evangelism
1. Inability to start: Not knowing how to enter a conversation or not knowing the right lines to use
2. Fear
3. Procastination
4. Lack of scriptural backup

The above and many more, from my observations could be a distraction to soul winning but i've being taught that when you fellowship with the Holy Ghost through worship and studying, you develop boldness and courage to win souls and minister to the lost.
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by newmi(m): 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2011
Please l need help; l occasionally function in the grace of winning Muslims to Christ but the statistics in comparism with the opportunities l had had to met such persons. It hurts me bad to always see that man walk or drive away knowing that he wasn't saved, and the thought of it is agonizingly displeasureable.

Though l intercede; should l just concentrate on thator l should keep trying to be consistent, please what can or should l do.
thank you
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by mabell: 1:53pm On Feb 23, 2011
Another thing is intercession.
Before you lead men to Christ, pray for them in your closets
Present them to God in prayers first before you present God to them
Pray for them that they have faith to accept the forgiveness of their sins (by God)
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by PastorAIO: 2:19pm On Feb 23, 2011
CEC will soon have it's own section on NL. Just you watch.
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by Joagbaje(m): 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2011
I appreciate every response so far. But pls I don't intend it to be so personal that we have to mention church names. I appreciate if we teach from Gods word, we can give personal experiences to buttress our poInts but let's avoid naming churches, I will appreciate if the posters can modify the posts made . I want the thread to be more of teaching on soul winning . Thanks
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by nuella2(f): 3:20pm On Feb 23, 2011
mabell:

Another thing is intercession.

Pray for them that they have faith to accept the forgiveness of their sins (by God)

This is so important Mabell, i remember going to preach to prostitutes in their camp, it was not easy at first as i didnt know how to enter their world and then most motorist that saw me with them always looked at me in a funny way. A man even attacked me for coming to preach to prostitutes instead of decent pple around. I EXPLAINED to him that Jesus died for everybody including prostitutes.Later the girls got close to me, some opened up to me on how they started prostituting. When they dont see me on the days i go there they started calling. The challenge is most of them are so angry with society, God, Family etc. They are all blaming someone for their situation. I think the most powerful tool is prayer, cos they see what they as doing as helping themselves cos there is nobody to help. Even when we offered decent jobs, they saw it as hard work, since they were use to making money without much stress. And most of them are so nice, i have never stopped praying for them, some even told me their real names.

Anytime i was leaving  the camp, alot of them will follow me and stop a car and sometimes offer to pay the fair then. Even if i have left that area my heart still long for them and i know i have sown seeds in their heart, one day some of them will come out of prostitution.

We need to preach the gospel, time is running out.
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by PastorAIO: 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2011
Joagbaje:

I appreciate every response so far. But pls I don't intend it to be so personal that we have to mention church names. I appreciate if we teach from Gods word, we can give personal experiences to buttress our poInts but let's avoid naming churches, I will appreciate if the posters can modify the posts made . I want the thread to be more of teaching on soul winning . Thanks

Please sir, you must excuse me. I was under the impression, after seeing this post . . .
newmi:

The very moment Pastor Chris declared the month of march as the month of soul winning l knew it was from The Lord because prior to that announcement, my pastor had been making a consistent emphasise on the issue of soul winning and l had been meditating a scripture- proverbs 10:5

"He that gathereth in summer is a wise son: BUT HE THAT SLEEPETH IN HARVEST IS A SON THAT CAUSETETH SHAME"

THIS ARE THE DAYS OF HIS HARVEST, THANK GOD FOR THE LEADERSHIP OF HIS Harvest

. . . that the Pastor Chris mentioned is Chris oyakhilome of CEC. Plus I seemed to recall that everyone that has contributed so far to this thread has been associated with CEC. That is why I was under the impression that some sort of cabal was in operation. Please if I am wrong I stand corrected. Am I wrong?

Azibalua:

Everyone needs christ
We cannot overemphasise this
I led a man to christ this morning
It was a great experience.
I purposely took a bike and made up my mind I was going to lead the bike man to christ
As I alighted from the bike I withheld his money and then asked if he goes to church,his response was a loud yes
Then I asked are you born again,and then there was no response
Immediately" I went in for the kill"
I preached christ,his love and Favour towards man
I led the man in the prayer of salvation
And then invited him to our service
[b]He had smiles all over his face
[/b]When it was time to pay I gave him extra cash because I had taken some of his time
And" oh me god"
Was he glad

I find it hard to believe that bike man was following you with smiles on his face prior to being paid the money that you owed him and were due to pay him after he fulfilled his side of the bargain by taking you to your destination. I can believe that he followed you to the church, after all you still owed him money. But I kinda see him gripping you by the waist belt rather than smiling all over his face.
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by winiamanda: 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2011
someone came to my office the other day and i felt i needed to talk to him about Jesus
But the moment i started talking i realised, he did not believe in the existence of God
At such a point what is expected of me
What do i tell him or how do i go about talking Jesus with him cos he was bent on his belief?
I need a reply urgently cos i told him we will talk later
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by mabell: 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2011
@Nuella2
i haven't gone that way before but i know someone who did
She is just 18yrs and she came back from her WAEC lessons one day and told me she won 2 prostitutes and 2 Muslims, i was overwhelmed
I asked her how she did it but she said, it was very easy and like there were waiting for the good news
They were eager to here her and without wasting much time she led them to Christ
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by Azibalua(f): 5:29pm On Feb 23, 2011
Soul winning can also be planned
In such a case one can plan to visit a particular family or neighbour and share the word of god
We have to be tactical
In the hospital most times while attending to a patient I share gods word
But with my colleagues it's when we are in the common room where at this point everyone is relaxed not when we have needles flying everywhere.
I learnt how to tell about jesus thru my mum,I observed that anytime she has a visitor,whilst talking she starts telling the person about Jesus,she always has a way to get it into the conversation
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by mabell: 7:17pm On Feb 23, 2011
This is a great commission given to us by God, in as much as there are blessings attached to soul winning, it's a mandate given to us by God. We have being made witnesses unto God.

For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
1 Cor 9:16 (KJV)

Paul said cursed is he if he does not preach the gospel, why, you may ask but it's because of the importance attached to soul winning

2Co 3:6 ¶ Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. {giveth life: or, quickeneth}
(KJV)

We have received both the office, and the grace by which we execute the office, from God. We have not only his authority to preach, but that authority obliges us to preach; and if we do not, we endanger our salvation: yea, woe is unto us, if we preach not the Gospel. Souls will perish but their blood will be required of us

Eze 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by Joagbaje(m): 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2011
@PASTOR AIO
Pastor AIO:

I find it hard to believe that bike man was following you with smiles on his face prior to being paid the money that you owed him and were due to pay him after he fulfilled his side of the bargain by taking you to your destination.  I can believe that he followed you to the church, after all you still owed him money.  But I kinda see him gripping you by the waist belt rather than smiling all over his face.

That shouldn't be hard to believe. I know two people who recently preached to a bike rider after they  droped them off. The two bike riders refused to collect money because of the overflowing joy after recieve Jesus christ into their hearts.
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by Joagbaje(m): 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2011
I will like to ask a question here:
How dod you do when you meet someone who has so much to say, asking so many questions. E.g why would a good God send people to he'll, why are there hypocrites in the church? Why is there wickedness in the world and on and on?. How do you respond to such a person?
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by newmi(m): 8:26pm On Feb 23, 2011
@Joagbaje
Acts 8:34
"And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, l pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man"

here the eunuch to whom Philip was ministering to asked his own questions, the approach depends on the nature of question asked which could either be inquisitive in nature in an attempt to learn or understand just like the Ethiopian eunuch or defensive in an attempt to discredit or make a caricature just like the Parishes and the Saducees several times did to Jesus asking questions not because they wanted to know but because they had intentions to ensnare him and discredit him and his message, in both scenarios one must of necessity AVOID ARGUMENTS AND CONCENTRATE ON GETTING GUIDIANCE. FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT.
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by Cockyzy(m): 8:34pm On Feb 23, 2011
@winiamanda: Ask him if he believe a house must have a builder? If he answer "YES" Then let him so it is-Every creature must a creator.If he say "no" to the 1st question,then ask him whether he believe he can jump in front of a moving trailer without being jammed? If he say"No" then tell him" You can change reality.whether u say sun do shine or not, it will still shine."hope u get it God bless.Do any1 here use the WDJD AND CRAFT METHOD TO preach.it is great!
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by Joagbaje(m): 7:18am On Feb 24, 2011
So many Christians are not involved with Evangelism. Some believe it's for preachers only or some speciall people who are called into it I want to to go back a little and discuss it's importance .

1. HOW IMPORTANT IS EVANGELISM

2. IS EVANGELISM COMPULSORY FOR EVERY CHRISTIAN

3. WHAT ABOUT THE CHRISTIANS THAT DONT WIN OTHERS TO CHRIST , IS IT A SIN?

I will appreciate scriptural references . Thanks
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by nuella2(f): 11:44am On Feb 24, 2011
Joagbaje:

[b]1. HOW IMPORTANT IS EVANGELISM

It is very important because it is an instruction from the master, we are to preach the gospel to every creature.

Mark 16:15-16

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
KJV

I think a christian that do not preach the gospel is not convinced about christ, Cos if you are you cant keep quiet you will tell somebody else about the goodnews. If we love the master as we claim then we must tell people about the love of God, like paul he said woe unto me if i preach not the gospel, it ought to be like fire in our bones.

Joagbaje:

2. IS EVANGELISM COMPULSORY FOR EVERY CHRISTIAN

It is compulsory for every christian not just for pastors and evangelist but as many that has believed on his name.

Matt 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
KJV

Joagbaje:

3. WHAT ABOUT THE CHRISTIANS THAT DONT WIN OTHERS TO CHRIST , IS IT A SIN? [

Acts 20:26

26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men .
KJV

Ezek 3:18

18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
KJV

God said he will require the blood of the people we ought to win to him from us, thats why paul said he was free from blood. Alot of christians today are doing nothing about the blood of christ that has been shed. A day will come we will all stand before the master to give account our works on earth. God dont like unproductivity, their are too many lazy christians today. Some are just sitting waiting to be raptured, there is an assignment, we should wake up to the assignment of the great commission.

Same way christians are lazy to work, alot just pray for blessings but they will not improve on themselves or do something with their hands, let God see something to bless.

The bible says our works shall tested with fire. what happen to the unproductive servant? HELL.

Matt 25:30

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness : there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
KJV

Let us not end up like the unproductive servant, preach the gospel today.

Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by PastorAIO: 12:03pm On Feb 24, 2011
Joagbaje:

@PASTOR AIO
That shouldn't be hard to believe. I know two people who recently preached to a bike rider after they  droped them off. The two bike riders refused to collect money because of the overflowing joy after recieve Jesus christ into their hearts.

I find this even harder to believe!
Maybe in another town somewhere over the rainbow and faraway 'where the grass is green and the girls and pretty'. But not in Nija. And if in Nija, most certainly not in Lagos.
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by newmi(m): 8:06pm On Feb 24, 2011
Importance of Evangelism
Evangelism is the soul of the core of the Christian acts of true worship and absolute submission to the lordship of Jesus Christ. This gospel of Jesus Christ on earth is only relevance when it geared and channeled towards reaching out to others with the announcement of God's provision for their salvation of whom the apostle Paul described as those whom "----the god of this world has blinded their eyes less the light of the glorious gospel of Christ enter into their heart"

This thought is echoed by Jesus in Acts 1:8
"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Maria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth"

You shall receive power----and be witnesses; witnesses of what?
2 Corinthians 5:18-19
"And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation.To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not computing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation"

Evangelism is a calling and a ministry to reconcile the peoples of the world to God in Christ Jesus by the Holy Spirit thus the most you develop the life stole if evangelism you answer that call and fulfil that ministry little wonder the bible says there is great joy among the angels of God in heaven over one sinner that is saved or reconciled.

The importance of Evangelism cannot be over emphasized.
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by KunleOshob(m): 8:34pm On Feb 24, 2011
"Soul winning" in CEC plc is all about increasing their customer base with the singular motive of increasing revenue through various manipulative strategies and improving on the bottom line.
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by mabell: 11:16pm On Feb 24, 2011
I won 2 souls today.
Some labourers during the days work were resting by the staircase close to my office.
I saw it as a great opportunity, so i approached them greeted them and just casually invited them to service
They all said yes and i wondered how to continue but all of a sudden, one of them spoke up and said, can you help me charge my phone
Wow! what an opportunity, i told my self. I said yes and the others made the same request too and of course i said yes.
They all left to bring their phones but immediately a trailer load of chippings came and they had to start off loading but 2 came back with phones to charge and immediately i led to to Christ.
Oh! what joy that filled my soul

1. HOW IMPORTANT IS EVANGELISM: Just as we were so important to God that He sent Jesus to die for the whole world, so also, souls are important to God
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16 (KJV)

2. IS EVANGELISM COMPULSORY FOR EVERY CHRISTIAN: 2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine
If it were not, we would not be told the above

It's a calling in or walk with God. It's a ministry Jesus handed down to us

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation
2 Cor 5:18 (KJV)
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by Azibalua(f): 7:32am On Feb 25, 2011
Last week a young lady in her final year in the university came to me and asked to know how she could win the people that came to her more,in this case they are mostly brothers.
In this case what will you advice her to do?
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by mabell: 8:02am On Feb 25, 2011
Well when Jesus came to die for mankind, he died for all, male and female alike grin
She should go ahead and win them anyway
If she is uncomfortable, let her go in the company of others
But paraventure she is alone, she should talk with them in an open place and not in her room or an enclosed enviroment
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by newmi(m): 10:04am On Feb 25, 2011
KunleOshob:

"Soul winning" in CEC plc is all about increasing their customer base with the singular motive of increasing revenue through various manipulative strategies and improving on the bottom line.
Oga Kuns Kuns this not CEC conversation and don't be sentimental and narrow minded, it is a simple equation: do you have any experiences you would kindly want to share with us as regards soul winning and your fulfilment of Mark 16:15? if yes then contribute and let us learn and be inspired else you you may wish to do justice with the door- BANG IT BEHIND AS YOU KISS GOOD BYE TO THIS FORUM!!!

I mean what is YOUR sickly and ailing problem, for God sake while others see this interesting topic as an opportunity to ask sincere questions that borders on their concerns for soul winning in turning men from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to the jurisdiction of the Domain of the lordship of Jesus Christ in an attempt to stay effectively true and committed to Mark 16:15, all you do in all your supposed many years as a Christian is to cease the moment and catch a flight to express your unsavory, disgruntled, misguided, malicious, malignant, repugnant, defunct, gullible, narrow-minded, disoriented sentiments. l feel so so sorry for you but that as it may though there is hope for you SO SMILE JESUS LOVES YOU!
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by newmi(m): 10:21am On Feb 25, 2011
@Kunleoshob
sorry one more thing, please should you choose to bang the door do it so loud THAT EVEN A DEAF MAN WOULD RECOGNISE YOUR EXIT! lollipops!
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by newmi(m): 11:42am On Feb 25, 2011
@Kunleoshob
And also if you choose to stay and meaningfully contribute, l would be keen to learn from your experiences and thoughts with all due respect Sir. Thank you
Re: Let's Talk About Soul Winning! by Image123(m): 12:03am On Feb 27, 2011
Nice thread

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Greatest Lie Of Christianity / Does Loyalty Precede Morality? / Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches - Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.