Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

10 Rules Of Money That Are Killing You Silently - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 10 Rules Of Money That Are Killing You Silently (249 Views)

Was Scammed Of Money That I Borrowed / Fact? Video Game Industry Silently Taking Over Entertainment World / One Single Habit That Makes Millioniare A Lot Of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Rules Of Money That Are Killing You Silently by Bodex2000(m): 2:12am On Sep 08, 2020
Money – the multi-purpose tool that keeps turning up in different forms. It’s no surprise that knowing the rules of money is a very important thing.

It has gone from cowries to gold and from gold to paper(cash) with several forms in between.

However, you can change the skin, but you can’t change the snake.

Regardless of the form money decides to take. The rules of money stays the same.

In fact, you would be doing yourself a great disservice if you continue to be ignorant of these rules.

Nevertheless, you need to be observant and inquisitive before the rules can be revealed to you, but if you are reading this post, odds are that you are qualified.

In this post, you will learn what the most important rules of money are, and how to take advantage of them.

Here are the rules of money:

Rule 1. Anyone can use money

If money was able to speak it would reply to the question, “do you know who I am?” with “no, I don’t give a damn!”

Money does not care who handles it. It doesn’t know whether you’re using it for good or evil.

In essence, money is an object and the amount of it you get to lay your hands upon depends on how well you apply yourself.

Money is not a racist. It can’t determine whether you are qualified or not.

In fact, if you have a phone and you’re reading this post, you’re qualified to take as much money as you want. The only thing that can stop you is your money myths.

Rule 2. Money will avoid you if your beliefs are unsupported

Have you ever tried to open an Epub file with a PDF reader?

The resulting error message is always going to be a variation of “unsupported format, could not open file!”

This is what happens when you try to make some money while harbouring unhealthy beliefs.

Despite the fact that money is an object, it will avoid you like a plague if you harbour erroneous beliefs such as:

•Money is the root of all evil
•Money can’t buy happiness(not necessarily)
•It is not my destiny to be rich
•You have to be dishonest at some point in order to be rich
•You can’t be loaded and still be spiritually sound
•Money corrupts people
And many more

Closely examine your opinions about money.

Oft-times, the only difference between someone who has a vault of cash in the bank and someone who doesn’t is what they believe.

Rule 3. Money will become the problem if you see it as the ultimate solution

Whenever you remember your problems and you think, “if only I had X million Naira, I wouldn’t get dumped any more.”

Were you thinking about the cash itself, or what it can do for you? Except you are a cash collector(I coined that one), the odds are that you only think about money in terms of what it can do for you.

However, as it is with a lot of things, you normally won’t get dumped when you are rich, but you will be a target for fake partners. This means that you will have to be very careful when choosing a date.

Never mind, I’ll be the first person to tell you, “congratulations! You’ve just got yourself a bigger problem.”

Solve your problems directly instead of using money to paper the cracks. Now tell me, where’s the fun in sniffing out gold diggers.

Rule 4. Manage yourself first

How much willpower do you have?

Can you practice delayed gratification?

There is no sugar coating this one(I’d like a sugar-coated tongue). If you can’t manage yourself properly then, you can’t manage money either.

Holding, keeping and using money in a way that will further your cause requires a level of discipline most people don’t have(did I remember to say that in my stern voice?).

A popular proverb says, “The person who only drives a car with his/her mouth will never be involved in an accident.” You can’t claim to be disciplined until you actually do something that shows it.

Achieving mastery over yourself means that managing money will be a walk in the park for you.

Rule 5. Don’t get emotional about money

This one is an extension of rule of four.

Have you ever wondered why the guys who manage banks and large treasuries are always stern-faced and cold? They are that way because it is an unspoken requirement.

Even when a regular person gets into that position, they quickly take on the said attributes.

If you keep on lending to every Tom, Dick, and Harry that asks because you were touched, then it’s only a matter of time before you become a charity case.

Those who are able to make money decisions without the “help” of their emotions often turn out to be right. Only make decisions based on their financial merit.

Check out the full post at
http://newmoneyhabit.com.ng/10-simple-rules-of-money-you-probably-dont-know/

(1) (Reply)

100% FREE Masterclass / Anambra State Vs Ebonyi State / If You Can Write Essay There Is Work For You Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.