Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona (27360 Views)

Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico / Lionel Messi All Smiles As He Returns To Training After Breaking His Arm / Real Madrid Stars Show Off Their Awards At Training After The Fifa's Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Beverlyjean(f): 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2020
Moura7:

Haba.... seeking attention? I don't really know but I think Ronaldo's release clause was around £1bn, what if Perez and Tebas insisted that the clause must be met before he left?

Ronaldo as a professional activated his clause...messi tried to play smart
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by MENZPRIDE(m): 1:15pm On Sep 08, 2020
themaestro08:

But I think he shouldn't have raised all this saga when he knows a well he won't be allowed to leave, ya know at the end he comes across like more like a drama king to me . As a professional player of his caliber he ought to have consult expert opinion before making his decision public.

I guessed you've not been following...

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by FuckThaMod: 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2020
Moura7:

Lol.... comparing team trophies with individual titles?
Individual tittles like balon dor can be rigged... CR7 has 5 Champions League top scorer award to his name, messi has how many?

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Moura7(m): 2:20pm On Sep 08, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Individual tittles like balon dor can be rigged... CR7 has 5 Champions League top scorer award to his name, messi has how many?

lol...yes in quite a few instances it can seem like that but it's very rare. Even the UCL topscorer you mentioned which is not an award tho, can be rigged too for eg, if someone scores an offside goal and it's unfairly counted for him, or a misjudged penalty is given and then it's scored or even when a legit goal scored is unfairly ruled as offside thereby reducing the player's chance of adding more goals to his tally.

P.S Ronaldo has actually been the UCL's topscorer 7 times while Messi's 6.
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by zikter(m): 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2020
Beedude:

Even La Liga president doesn't want him to go.
Barca also couldn't afford to let him leave.

There is a reason for this.

Leaving La Liga will always be bad market for both Barca and La liga in a commercial sense.

Folks like u wont see that cos Ronaldo wasn't begged to stay in La Liga by Madrid or La liga .

Messi is the only GOAT at the moment and he deserves whatever PAY he get.
I think you are misunderstanding the whole saga. No body begged him to stay per se. Laliga and Barca simply said if he wants to leave, 700m euros will be made available by any club willing to take him, as against him going free. Actually, he was told he has a contract and must abide by it. That is not same as begging him. If Ronaldo just stood up that he wants to leave Real for free at that time, nobody would have allowed that. So remove the word beg.
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Moura7(m): 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldo as a professional activated his clause...messi tried to play smart

Now I'm confused....How did he activate his clause....Can a player even activate a clause?
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Ikeblessing: 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2020
Better
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by themaestro08(m): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2020
MENZPRIDE:

I guessed you've not been following...

Really? Please tell me more
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Jilo83(m): 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2020
Coward!
He can dare leave barca
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by AbuAeesha: 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2020
Ihatemumu:

You dey Africa dey carry ronaldo and messi matter for head... Hahaha..
I hope no be for ur head sha
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by skyfather09(m): 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2020
Emu4life:
How do you explain to your children that FIVE is greater than SIX?
baba Messi na fraud.. him no fit perform anywhere.. them go still give them 8.
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by omartins007: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2020
The=only=reason=we=are=watching=laliga
GOAT
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by FuckThaMod: 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2020
Moura7:

lol...yes in quite a few instances it can seem like that but it's very rare. Even the UCL topscorer you mentioned which is not an award tho, can be rigged too for eg, if someone scores an offside goal and it's unfairly counted for him, or a misjudged penalty is given and then it's scored or even when a legit goal scored is unfairly ruled as offside thereby reducing the player's chance of adding more goals to his tally.

P.S Ronaldo has actually been the UCL's topscorer 7 times while Messi's 6.
Topscorer awards doesn't need votes and thus, can't be rigged, balon dor needs vote. Go and check meaning of rigged and stop looking stupid. what do you mean by offside or penalty like it's not part of football?

P.S Ronaldo still has more topscorer and it is an award

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Moura7(m): 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Topscorer awards doesn't need votes and thus, can't be rigged, balon dor needs vote. Go and check meaning of rigged and stop looking stupid. what do you mean by offside or penalty like it's not part of football?

P.S Ronaldo still has more topscorer and it is an award

Lol....the fact that you had to chip in an insult just for you to state your point is ... honestly, very laughable just like your claim that there's an award for UCL topscorer (maybe a rubber shoe lol). I get that you didn't understand my point, that's top of the shelf reasoning and perhaps you can't reach it.
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by FuckThaMod: 9:22pm On Sep 08, 2020
[s]
Moura7:

Lol....the fact that you had to chip in an insult just for you to state your point is ... honestly, very laughable just like your claim that there's an award for UCL topscorer (maybe a rubber shoe lol). I get that you didn't understand my point, that's top of the shelf reasoning and perhaps you can't reach it.
[/s]
stop looking stupid is an advice...
Let me know when Messi uses his extra balon dor to prove he isn't a systemic player that struggles outside barca.
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Moura7(m): 9:41pm On Sep 08, 2020
FuckThaMod:
[s][/s]
stop looking stupid is an advice...
Let me know when Messi uses his extra balon dor to prove he isn't a systemic player that struggles outside barca.

Lol...ok bro, if you say so. The only other team he plays in is Argentina and he excels there big time, has even won two golden balls in two different tournaments plus he's their all time top scorer too. That's quite the struggle, don't you think? Just that the team as a whole struggles.
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by FuckThaMod: 10:04pm On Sep 08, 2020
Moura7:

Lol...ok bro, if you say so. The only other team he plays in is Argentina and he excels there big time, has even won two golden balls in two different tournaments plus he's their all time top scorer too. That's quite the struggle, don't you think? Just that the team as a whole struggles.
Don't count olympics and it's his awards not his team awards.. Let him add value to his team by winning trophies and not loosing crucial penalties. Hope you watched the GOAT this night and his 2 excellent goals for Portugal.
The first European player to score 100 international goals.

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Moura7(m): 10:33pm On Sep 08, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Don't count olympics and it's his awards not his team awards.. Let him add value to his team by winning trophies and not loosing crucial penalties. Hope you watched the GOAT this night and his 2 excellent goals for Portugal.
The first European player to score 100 international goals.

Nooo, Ronaldo really balled this evening, played really well plus that freekick...he was just superb.
I didn't add Olympics oo and yes they are his awards cause we're talking about Messi and not Argentina. Messi brings value to the Argentine team, no player can win a team trophy alone. At some point, he needs support from his teammates. Yes he missed a penalty in the Copa 2016 final but you forgot he was the only Argentine player that scored his penalty in the final in 2015, the rest missed theirs in that shootout. Even Ronaldo in the UCL 2008 missed his PK in that final, did that stop ManU from winning the UCL that year? What I'm saying is that it takes team effort to win a team trophy and sometimes, even when all the players step up they can also be victims of bad luck...luck might not still be on their side
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by MENZPRIDE(m): 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Turkish Leagues Suspended After Club President Punches Referee (pics) / Bus Conveying Ifeanyi Uba Players Involved In An Accident,Players Injured.Photos / Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.