Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors (73812 Views)

Top Nigerian Nollywood Celebrities Who Have Died In 2023 (video) / Chika Ike Visits Her New House Under Construction And Joined The Workers To Work / 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by Drizzy5001(m): 12:10pm On Sep 11, 2020
I miss most of them especially sam loco and Dede one day sad
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by Hollinesspays: 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2020
Life is a stage. Men are the actors on this stage. They have played their part and exited the stage. You are playing yours and will exit this stage someday. Always have this in mind and get ready. For it is appointed unto men once to die and after that judgement. Heb 9:27
There is no repentance in the grave. Repent and be saved from the judgement that is coming.

Toyboyz:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/austinemedia.com/18-nollywood-celebrities-that-have-joined-their-ancestors/amp/
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by hartson(m): 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
Jahzrockballer:
Please let's take our health seriously
So that you won't die when Mr Death show face.Health or No Health,Angel of Death don't give a damn.
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by Jahzrockballer(m): 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2020
hartson:
So that you won't die when Mr Death show face.Health or No Health,Angel of Death don't give a damn.
'least we can leverage our time on earth if we maintain a good health
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by ymstar(m): 3:00pm On Sep 11, 2020
Investnow2017:

Pls[b] whatever you receive from me don't consider it too small oooo[/b]. It is tough for everyone if not directly, indirectly.
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by ymstar(m): 3:02pm On Sep 11, 2020
Investnow2017:

Pls whatever you receive from me don't consider it too small oooo. It is tough for everyone if not directly, indirectly.

No no no
Beggars can't be choosers
U are doing me a favour nah
All in all thank you
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by cleph(m): 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2020
May their souls continue to rest in peace
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by Soldier4christ(m): 3:17pm On Sep 11, 2020
ospido:

BUT don’t be deceived there’s a place called HELL.

True there is a place called "HELL."
The Bible speaks of it. But what does the Bible say HELL is?
It is not a place prepared for the Devil.
The place prepared for the Devil is called the Lake of Fire and Sulphur or Brimstone as seen in Revelation 20:10 which says:

10. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.- (KJV)
So Hell,Sheol and Hades all mean the common Grave of mankind.
A place where people good or bad go when they die.
(See Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10.)
In your reference to 2 Peter 2:4 and Psalm 9:17 kindly read other translations to get a clearer understanding.

Because in your use of the word HELL, those who go there will they come back or not?
But the Bible shows clearly that "All in HELL" will be resurrected and be judged. Meaning they have not been judged b4 they died and went to HELL.
But those angels are already judged AMD there is no where in the Bible that shows those angels will be brought back.
Revelation 20:13 says:

13. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Notice here that it is MEN that will be brought back from HELL not angels.

In Proverb 15:24 the Hebrew word used there is SHEOL. It is also used in Psalm 9:17 which you referred to earlier and Ecclesiastes 9:10.
The righteous man Job also used the word in Job 15;13-15.
He even prayed to go there and rest until God remembers or resurrects him.
Jesus also went to HELL at his death as recorded in Acts 2:27,31 before his resurrection.
Was he burning there or was he condemned there or punished there?
So you see it's a resting place for the dead.
Not a place where the wicked go to.

Yes there are two "Entities where people will live forever."

Heaven and Earth.
Not Heaven and Hell.
Jesus confirmed this in Matt. 5:3,5.

3. Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

5. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
These are the two "entities."

In Matthew 25:46, Jesus was referring to everlasting destruction as seen in Psalm 37:10,11,34, as well as Revelation 20:14,15.
Take note too that in Revelation 20:13, HELL will be hurled into the lake of Fire.
Will fire be hurled into fire. One of them is fire while the other is not.
HELL isn't fire.
Yet the other which the Bible called "the lake of fire" means the SECOND DEATH. So you see the lake of fire means DEATH. Total or everlasting destruction without a resurrection which is the same as seen in Matthew 25:46.
Revelation 20:14 says:

14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Enjoy your day.

Dear op, I pray God opens our eyes and understanding to the scriptures.

And if thine eye offend the, pluck it out, and cast if from thee, it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye rather than having two eyes cast into HELL FIRE (Matt 18:9).

Read also Luke 16:22-28, it’s the story of Lazarus and the rich man.
Vs 23—- and in HELL he lifted up his eyes being in torments and Seth Abraham afar and Lazarus in his bosom.
What made him to be tormented? Is it air conditioner in grave(HELL) like you said?

Generally he’ll could be rightly described as prison, confinement or cell where the wicked /unrighteous of all ages are kept or remanded under torment. Be it an angel, demon, human, spirit, or the like , pending their imminent appearance before the last judgement also called THE JUDGMENT SEAT OF GOD or otherwise known as THE GREAT WHITE THRONE. Here , death, hell and this wicked entities shall be hauled into ‘’ Gehenna’’ hell eternally Rev 20:11-15

Eternal punishment takes place in hell(lake of fire or Gehenna) the place of punishment after death for all those who refuse to repent.
In the Bible, three words are used in connection with eternal punishment.
(1) shoel or the grave is used in the Old Testament to mean the place of the dead , generally thought to be under the earth (job 24:19, ps 16:10, isa 38:10)
(2) Hades is the Greek word for underworld, realm of the dead. It is the word used in the New Testament for Shoel. (Matt 16:18, Rev 1:18,20: 13,14)
(3) Gehenna or the lake of fire is the pace of the future and eternal torment found 12 times in the scripture and always rendered HELL. It is the same as lake of fire and it’s found 5 times (Rev 19:20,20:10-15,21:cool

Gehenna (hell fire) is a place of eternal damnation (Matt 12:33, 25:41, Rev 14:9-11, 19:20, isa 66:22-24.

Pls be guided.

Shalom!!
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by Soldier4christ(m): 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

This is where the Bible calls lake of fire or second death,
Explain this please
Cause I read where you said there's no account where God create burning fire for people to burn forever
And now you wrote again about lake of fire second death

Thank you for the question
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by Pussybender(m): 9:26pm On Sep 11, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Let them continue to rest in peace
Life ehnnnn.... The thing dey funny
And if you reason am well you go see say life na stress and wahalar...and he nor really get meaning

Person...go wake in the morning...then you need to huzzle breakfast.....if not na problem
Then afternoon go come na lunch
Then evening go come na dinner....
Is either you learn work or you go school...after the school..na to find job...after the job then pressure go dey on you to marry...after marriage...kids go fall out...after that you need to cater for the kids...after all this wahalar... person go come still die join...nor be say after the stress na person supposed turn immortal

Bullshit....life is one unending stress.. assuming say God go dey ask us first whether we go come life before he put us for our mama womb....i can bet my balls many of us for nor accept to come this life
Make i dragg my lasttie of weed before i sleep joor....
mad man
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by Evidenx(m): 7:02am On Sep 12, 2020
grandlexuz:

Stop judging peoples lives. Salvation is personal. Gerra here with this your holier than thou attitude. Na wuna type di blow fire for hell.
i will ignore u like the zero behind the decimal point.
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by ymstar(m): 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2020
Investnow2017:

Pls whatever you receive from me don't consider it too small oooo. It is tough for everyone if not directly, indirectly.
Good afternoon Sir
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by Investnow2017: 3:23pm On Sep 12, 2020
ymstar:

Good afternoon Sir
I sent something yesterday. Check
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by ymstar(m): 7:36pm On Sep 12, 2020
Investnow2017:

Ok sir, I will
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by ospido: 2:45am On Sep 13, 2020
Soldier4christ:

Dear op, I pray God opens our eyes and understanding to the scriptures.

And if thine eye offend the, pluck it out, and cast if from thee, it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye rather than having two eyes cast into HELL FIRE (Matt 18:9).

Read also Luke 16:22-28, it’s the story of Lazarus and the rich man.
Vs 23—- and in HELL he lifted up his eyes being in torments and Seth Abraham afar and Lazarus in his bosom.
What made him to be tormented? Is it air conditioner in grave(HELL) like you said?

Generally he’ll could be rightly described as prison, confinement or cell where the wicked /unrighteous of all ages are kept or remanded under torment. Be it an angel, demon, human, spirit, or the like , pending their imminent appearance before the last judgement also called THE JUDGMENT SEAT OF GOD or otherwise known as THE GREAT WHITE THRONE. Here , death, hell and this wicked entities shall be hauled into ‘’ Gehenna’’ hell eternally Rev 20:11-15

Eternal punishment takes place in hell(lake of fire or Gehenna) the place of punishment after death for all those who refuse to repent.
In the Bible, three words are used in connection with eternal punishment.
(1) shoel or the grave is used in the Old Testament to mean the place of the dead , generally thought to be under the earth (job 24:19, ps 16:10, isa 38:10)
(2) Hades is the Greek word for underworld, realm of the dead. It is the word used in the New Testament for Shoel. (Matt 16:18, Rev 1:18,20: 13,14)
(3) Gehenna or the lake of fire is the pace of the future and eternal torment found 12 times in the scripture and always rendered HELL. It is the same as lake of fire and it’s found 5 times (Rev 19:20,20:10-15,21:cool

Gehenna (hell fire) is a place of eternal damnation (Matt 12:33, 25:41, Rev 14:9-11, 19:20, isa 66:22-24.

Pls be guided.

Shalom!!

I commend you for your expression and research.

Meanwhile,
The account of Lazarus and the Rich man in Luke 16 is not a true life story. It was an illustration because neither did Abraham nor Lazarus went to heaven.
Jesus alluded to this in John 3:13:

13. "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."
Do you believe Jesus statement here?
Obviously with Jesus statement,none of those persons were in heaven before he came down otherwise he would have told us so and Jesus cannot lie. So that story is not to be applied literally.

If HELL is a place of confinement for the wicked/unrighteous ones to be tormented, 1. why did Job pray to go there?
2. When Jesus went to Hell, was he burning in Hell too? (Acts 2:27,31):

27. "Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption."
31. He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
3. Was it because Jesus was wicked, was that why he went to Hell?

Even the unrighteous (unjust) will be resurrected by Jesus himself as stated in Acts 24:15.

I agree that Sheol(Hebrew) and Hades(Greek) mean the same thing which is the underworld or realm of the dead. That is also the meaning of Hell too. But what are they doing there? They're awaiting their resurrection. Jesus said that all who have died will be resurrected (John 5:28,29; Acts 24:15.)
Do you also believe this Bible verse Romans 6:7 which says:

7. "For the one who has died has been acquitted from his sin."

It is also true that Gehenna and the lake of fire means total destruction or damnation if i should use your term. But not the same as Hell because Hell was later hurled into the lake of fire in Revelation 20:14:

14. "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."

Take note that the lake of fire means second death and death is the opposite of life. So simply put this death means total destruction without any hope of resurrection.
And for Hell to be cast into the lake of fire symbolised that Hell will be removed totally.
Besides, Ecclesiastes 9:5 says that the dead are unconscious,they know nothing at all. Then in verse 10 we're told that there is no work or knowledge in Hell. So if they're burning forever, will they know it? But God's word says the dead know nothing.
Again Romans 6:23 says the wages of sin is death(not fiery torment) and the lake of fire means second death. This means Jesus will destroy the wicked forever.
Finally, Jesus compared the coming destruction of this world to Noah's day while Peter compared it to Sodom and Gomorrah.
Where are those that disobeyed God in Noah's day? They all drowned during the flood. They're dead and gone.
What about those that lived in Sodom and Gomorrah?
They have been completely destroyed by God. Are they being tormented somewhere? NO is the answer.
1John 4:8 says God is love and such God cannot torment people "forever."
As a matter of fact God condemned that practice in Jeremiah's day.
Jeremiah 32:35 says:

"35. And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Why will God turn around and adopt a practice(abomination = The burning of their children in the fire) which he condemned in Jeremiah's day?
Again at Genesis 3:19, God says:

19. "In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.”
Where was Adam b4 creation? Now at death he went back to where he was created from.
So is Adam burning somewhere in fire forever?

May you have peace.

Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by ymstar(m): 9:29am On Sep 16, 2020
Investnow2017:

I confirmed it dis morning

Thank you Man Of God, I can't thank you enough, may Almighty God reward you abundantly and u will never come down in the Mighty Name Of God, Amen.
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by ymstar(m): 3:50pm On Sep 16, 2020
Investnow2017:

Please sir, help me edit where you quoted me with my account number. Please
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by ymstar(m): 1:37am On Sep 21, 2020
Investnow2017:

Thank you sir for what you did for me
Please help me delete my account number from your post where u quoted me.

Abeg.
Thanks.
Re: 18 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died And Joined Their Ancestors by hstar: 11:53pm On Jul 10, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 32nd Birthday With Bikini Pictures, Loses Weight / Alexander Kareem Shot Dead! Khafi's Brother Killed In The UK / Eedris Abdulkareem Arrested For Beating His Landlord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.